• Published 5th Sep 2015
  • 11,241 Views, 1,007 Comments

The Crystal Vizier - Lich-Lord Krosis



When the first Equestrian Lich King is in need of guidance, who better to help him than the second in command of the Azerothian Scourge? Follow Kel'Thuzad in his new unlife in the colorful world of Equus.

  • ...
59
 1,007
 11,241

PreviousChapters Next
Chasing Shadows

"You're telling me my aunt has a second soul?" Shining asked, taking a swig from a bottle of Spurlin brand Lager, his father's Germanian side clearly showing. Kel'Thuzad nodded.

"Yes, my king. Would you happen to know why?" Kel'Thuzad inquired. Shining thought...

Luna was never one to study... darker magics, seeing as she was still somewhat... tender about Nightmare M...

Wait.

No...

The Elements...

Well...

From what Kel'Thuzad had read, the Elements of Harmony themselves were not ALL about friendship and kindness. They apparently acted as... funnels. Amplifiers.

All ponies had magic within them. Shining had learned that in the second grade. Unicorns were the only pony species capable of openly wielding it, however...

Barring alicorns, of course...

What if... Nightmare Moon DID indeed survive the... rather violent magical purge of Princess Luna's body?

What if that soul WAS Nightmare Moon, waiting to retake Luna and to attempt her coup once more?

.........

"Nightmare Moon." Shining finally spoke, startling the lich, who had been molding a perfectly spherical ball of compacted snow.

.........

Kel'Thuzad thought for a moment...

Yes, he'd heard of this... 'alter ego' of hers, but he had never taken it into much consideration...

According to documents he had found in the Royal Library, (which Cadence had given him UNRESTRICTED access to, much to the lich's joy) Nightmare Moon had been violently ripped from Luna, and banished...

Well, if what I detected within Luna IS Nightmare Moon...

The Elements of Harmony may not be EVERYTHING they are cracked up to be...

He had no doubt that the elements were powerful. Just being near the girls had signified that...

But if they had not FULLY purged Nightmare...

.........

"My king, retire for the evening. Tell Lady Cadence of our conversation, but tell not another living soul. I will handle Celestia." the Archlich turned to his king. Shining nodded. He trusted Kel'Thuzad not to... interrogate Celestia...

He silently hoped anyway...

"Very well... have I nice night, Kel'Thuzad." Shining then got up from the frosted-over bench, retrieved Frostmourne from it's cradle of snow, and with a single, gargantuan flap...

He was at his quarter's balcony already.

Maybe those wings aren't JUST for show after all...

Kel'Thuzad chuckled, and rose from the bench. He cracked his neck violently, sighing as several small strands of ice snapped and collapsed, relieving the pressure and allowing more open movement of his head once more. With a flick of his wrist, Bloodsurge was in his claw, and being swung downwards through the air.

"Maybe her sibling can shed some light upon the subject..." he droned to himself, floating through the bluish-purple portal, the entrance collapsing as the last of his robes flowed through them...

.........

Kel'Thuzad stood in front of the large doors, his claw in a fist and ready to knock. The guardsponies had grown rather used to his... nightmarish appearance at this point, and were quite happy to tell the lich the room that was housing Princess Celestia for the time being.

Kel'Thuzad growled quietly. He wasn't going to go anywhere if he didn't knock.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

.........

Nothing.

With a quick incantation, the lich had eyes on the inside of the room.

It turns out these crystals were quite marvelous at channeling magic, and finding a pathway through the wall for his scrying to enter was relatively easy...

What he saw inside suprised him, to say the very least.

Candles dotted the otherwise dark room, the gentle glow illuminating the crystal walls.

Well... to be frank. Marrowfrost was within, and the solar princess was as well.

Marrowfrost was atop her...

Giving her a massage.

Nope. Not tonight then...

Cancelling the scrying process in record time, the lich rolled his eyes. His assistant certainly had free will, and was capable of... emotions. But he had never expected to have his ward... courting one of his superiors...

"These are the situations that make me wish I could still enjoy a nice brandy..." Kel'Thuzad muttered, floating silently down the hall to his room.

.........

"Does Kel'Thuzad think, or KNOW Nightmare is... here?" Cadence worriedly asked, her small form curled up beside her husband, who's wings were draped over them like a blanket, the sheets lying unused beneath them.

Shining chuckled lightly.

"Cadence, he doesn't KNOW for sure, but if I had to guess, he is already hard at work trying to find a way to find out." he nuzzled his wife gently on the back of her head, gently kissing her mane. He loved when they cuddled like this. He felt... powerful. Protective. He was surrounding her, smothering her, and she loved it. He inhaled deeply, savoring his mare's smooth scent.

"Alright... I just hope Auntie Luna is okay... she's already gone through so much... I’d hate to see her banished again..." Cadence whimpered, nestling herself further under his wing, the loving heat coming from his massive appendage warming her better than any blanket...

Shining nuzzled her again.

"Don't worry about it, Cady. She'll be fine..." the prince was... admittedly not tired, but his angel was falling asleep quickly in his embrace.

And that was good enough for him.

Author's Note:

Little short, but the next chapter is going to have a LOT of information in it...

PreviousChapters Next