• Published 5th Sep 2015
  • 11,236 Views, 1,007 Comments

The Crystal Vizier - Lich-Lord Krosis



When the first Equestrian Lich King is in need of guidance, who better to help him than the second in command of the Azerothian Scourge? Follow Kel'Thuzad in his new unlife in the colorful world of Equus.

  • ...
59
 1,007
 11,236

PreviousChapters Next
A Short Reprieve

Silence.

As they flew through the aftermath of the burning city of Stratholme, all the group could hear...

Was silence.

"Kel'Thuzad..." Cadence whispered, her form barely visible behind her husband, who had wrapped both her and Twilight in a protective hug. The latter mare was shaking, her notes long since abandoned, lost to the agony she had seen.

"Yes... my lady..." Kel'Thuzad answered, his voice soft. Never before had he felt this... cold. Depressed, even.

"I'm sorry..." She whimpered.

"For what... this?" the lich gestured to the eternally burning buildings that they flew slowly in between, slowly making their way towards the city's center. "You have nothing to do with this... chaos. destruction. It was MY doing... I could have stopped it... should have seen that... that... that evil bastard's ruse when I arrived in Northrend..." the lich looked back at his passengers...

Warm...

Soft...

He was being hugged by a pony princess.

He had forgotten the warm comfort of an embrace. A handshake, even.

It was... amazing...

He was done. They had seen more than enough... for today...

No doubt my king will wish to see the rest of his... legacy, at some point in the future... but we have eternity, and Twilight and Lady Cadence have suffered enough...

"Lets go home, then. I have relived more than enough for one day..." he said, gently hugging the sobbing alicorn to his chest, attempting to collect as much warmth as he could, before he was back to the simple, unfeeling life of a lich.

"Yes... I believe that would be for the best." Shining proclaimed, the stallion glaring at Kel'Thuzad. He knew he shouldn't be angry at him. He couldn't. He had literally NO control over what he did. But watching his wife comfort that... mass murderer...

It made his cold blood BOIL.

He had already seen... EVERYTHING. The night when he... killed Kel'Thuzad, he saw the entirety of the lich's life, and more. It sickened him to even think a man as... twisted as Kel'Thuzad was could even function...

He always had to remind himself...

He had no control...

.........

Before they knew it, they were back in the Crystal Palace. Back home. Shining wanted nothing more than to curl up with his wife, to tell her he loved her. To hold her. Protect her. But... something more... stressing... came first.

"I must say, Mister Marrowfrost, I have never had a more delightful cup of tea in my life!"

"And I've been around a LONG time..."

Author's Note:

A short little chapter before the storm... a reprieve, if you will...

PreviousChapters Next