• Published 7th Aug 2015
  • 636 Views, 5 Comments

Distorted Vision - Jigsaw



A changeling is discovered living in Ponyville.

  • ...
2
 5
 636

Chapter ? - Peer Pressure

Friday, 6:00 pm


Berry Punch was no stranger to alcohol. More often than not, she would drag a friend along, as she was a common believer of the 'drinking is more fun with two ponies' gag. Most of her friends appreciated the gesture. A night drinking with friends was a good way to relax. Of course, most of her friends also knew when to stop drinking, a skill Berry hadn't quite mastered yet. Though her frequent trips to the bar led to a high resistance to alcohol, she would still frequently overdo it.

One of her friends, however, a grey stallion named Alibi, while he infrequently came with Berry for the night, he never drank. She didn't know if he was just stuck-up or if he had simply never enjoyed alcohol before. Knowing Alibi, it was probably a bit of both. He was not the kind of pony to do anything even slightly against the law, and he was still a bit underage. Those rules were really just guidelines in her book.

She always hoped that he would join her for a drink. It wasn't like there were any serious long-term effects of drinking once.

Berry knocked on the red door leading to Alibi's home. She faintly heard his voice emanating from the other side of the door, "Just a minute!" The door swung open, revealing the dark grey pegasus wearing a pair of pristine blue-green sunglasses. "Hey, Berry, what's going on?"

"I'm going out in a bit. If you want to come, you don't have to drink if you don't want to."

Alibi sighed, "Sure, I'll come with." He held a hoof in front of him, pointing at Berry Punch, "But, as always, I'm not drinking booze."

Berry smiled, "Alright. Day Tripper found this great place off Oak Street, and I hear they have the best cider!" Berry happily trotted away from the door as she heard it shut behind her.

Alibi quickly made up the distance between them and struck up a quick conversation, "Who's Day Tripper bringing this week? Last week it was that bloke from the bank, right?"

Berry Punch laughed, "No, I think that was last weekend. She started bringing that waiter last Tuesday." This time, it was Alibi's turn to laugh.

They continued to mock Day Tripper until it lost its humor, essentially until Day Tripper herself showed up, and a five minute walk later, the three were sitting at the bar.

An auburn mare stood behind the bar, "What can I get you three?"

Berry Punch sat between the other two and ordered first, "I'll have a glass of your hard cider."

Day Tripper sat silently for a minute before asking, "What do you recommend?"

The bartender shrugged, "I usually just order a changeling." The other two hadn't noticed, but Alibi choked slightly on the water he was given.

Day nodded, "Ok, then I'll have a Gin and Tonic."

The bartender turned to Alibi, who had started grinning slightly, "You know what? I think I'll try the changeling whatever." The bartender turned and began assembling glasses in front of the three.

Alibi chuckled when he saw his drink, which was lime green in color, and noticed Berry staring at him, "You never order alcohol. Maybe you're the changeling, and you've replaced the real Alibi." Berry laughed as Alibi took a sip from his brightly-colored beverage.

Berry turned back to her own drink, chugging the glass of cider and calling the bartender to bring out more.

Alibi seemed to enjoy his drink as well, as he quickly finished his. Berry quickly noticed Alibi's empty glass and ordered him another.