• Published 7th Aug 2015
  • 638 Views, 5 Comments

Distorted Vision - Jigsaw



A changeling is discovered living in Ponyville.

  • ...
2
 5
 638

Chapter ? - Hangover

Saturday, 8:30 am


Alibi's head pounded. The previous night was one of the best ones he'd had in a while, for what he could remember of it. The blinds were shut, casting dimly lit shadows across the room. He didn't mind the dark, and in his present condition, it came in handy.

He slowly made his way through the house, grabbing a pair of sunglasses from the dresser before noticing a large crack in one of the blue-green lenses. Alibi swore under his breath. He wasn't very sentimental, but he'd really liked the pair of aviators.

Somepony at the door knocked twice, then began talking to somepony else.

Alibi winced at the sudden pounding in both his ears and head, "Shut up for a minute, I'll be right there." He put on the sunglasses. They might have been broken, but they were better than nothing. He made his way to the door as the pounding door grew louder, "I'm a bit hungover in here, and that pounding is not helping. Could you please stop knocking on the door!"

He swung the door open and shielded his eyes from the sudden bright light. He noticed a pair of large white stallions, but details slipped past him, "Could you come inside, this light is killing my eyes."

The figures looked at each other before accepting Alibi's invitation, "Are you the pony known as Alibi?"

Alibi nodded, "Yeah. If I broke something of your's last night, I'm sorry. I had a bit of a rough night, and I'll fix it as soon as this headache goes away."

The taller of the two glanced at his partner, then back at the dark grey pony, "Do you remember anything about what happened last night?"

"I got wasted, blacked out, and my friends brought me home. If it's anything else, no."

Alibi's eyes adjusted back to the darkness, and he was able to get a better look at the two stallions They were both snow-white and wore nearly identical golden armor. Alibi's head spun, That armor makes them sort-of look like royal guards. Wait. Oh, horseapples, what did I do?

The two stallions exchanged glances again, before the shorter of the two spoke up, "Listen, you're a suspected changeling. This should just take a moment."

Alibi's heart dropped into the basement. He'd been living peacefully in Ponyville for years, and no-one took a second look at him. Now, all of a sudden, there were guards literally knocking on his front door. What in Tartarus did I do?

The shorter of the two stallions, a unicorn Alibi now realized, shot a wave of light blue light over him, uncovering his black carapace.

The changeling was dumbfounded, WhatdidIdoWhatdidIdoWhatdidIdoWhatdidIdo?

The two guards stared open-eyed at the sight of the open-mouthed changeling, "Correction: You are under arrest for changeling activity."

Then, against all odds, Alibi's eyes began leaking a clear, bluish fluid. One that looked suspiciously like- "Are you crying, changeling?"

Alibi shut his mouth and didn't respond. His head was still spinning, though now he didn't know if that was the hangover or the fact that he was going to spend the rest of his life in some jail cell.

The pair of guards seemed taken aback by the changeling's response. They had expected it to fight, or try to escape, or anything other than sit on the floor crying. "Uh, we're going to have to restrain you." The changeling sniffed and nodded. The guards hesitantly put braces around his wings, and horn.

As guards led the changeling to the door, Alibi paused, picking up his cracked sunglasses. The changeling chuckled, Great, now I'm as broken as you are. Damn, that even sounded corny in my head.

The changeling put on the sunglasses and followed the guards away from his old life.