• Published 26th May 2012
  • 4,130 Views, 205 Comments

PONY - Deathsia



Ericka has been chosen among a few other people to study equine creatures who live on this planet...

  • ...
23
 205
 4,130

The mind of a Pony part 2

TWO HOURS LATER...

Ericka walked out of Rarity's boutique in a light blue dress brandished with glittering gems along the hems of the dress. She had to admit the dress looked nice despite being made for a pony. But on the other hand, this had sucked up two hours that she could have been using to learn more about this race's culture. The only reason she was able to even know this fact was that apparently these creatures had an established time zone similar to that of the one she had on earth. As long as she could find one of their clocks once in a while she would be able to determine when she needed to become scarce and find Richard.

“I'll introduce you to Applejack next, on account of the fact I’m starving!” Twilight exclaimed with a giggle as her stomach growled.

It was at this point Ericka's stomach growled as well. “I guess I’m hungry too.” Ericka replied with a deep blush. “I should have known this artificially created body was more than a simple vessel. Guess I’ll have to feed it.” Ericka thought to herself with a groan as she followed Twilight down the town path towards what looked to be a farm surrounded by miles of apple trees.

“Howdy Twi, what brings ya down here this fine afternoon?” A orange pony with a cowboy hat asked as she walked up to the two. Twilight's stomach however, answered for her much to the farm pony's amusement. “Ha,ha, Ah reckon y'all is a might hungry then?” The farm pony remarked with a smirk.

“She talks as if she has a country accent. How is that even possible? Come to think of it, a lot of these creatures speak in different tones and accents. I need to ask how they do that, but they may not even know. Everything I’ve seen far makes no sense! A wingless pony who is able to defy gravity, a unicorn who is able to levitate multiple objects even though our records say they are limited to small objects, and every single pony I’ve seen so far has a different image on their flank which they call cutie marks.” Ericka thought to herself feeling herself become more frustrated by the moment as more questions piled on her mind now than answers.

“Yes, we're both starving. Oh, I nearly forgot to introduce Cloudkicker! She's the new pony in town.” Twilight replied with a genuinely excited smile at which point Ericka's piling questions were blow clear from her mind at what happened next. The farm pony had somehow managed to grab onto her hoof and begin to shake it despite the fact that it was flat and shouldn't be able to grip anything.

“Name's Applejack, how ya doin?” Applejack asked as she continued to shake the stunned mare's hoof.

“H-How are you doing that?” Ericka asked in shocked tone still unable to comprehend how this pony was able to grip her hoof like this.

“Doin what?” Applejack asked curiously as she continued to shake Ericka's hoof for a little longer before she let go of it.

“Th-That! Holding my hoof like that! How did you do that?” Ericka replied still unable to figure out how she had managed this.

“All pony's can do that sugarcube. You raised in a rock farm of somethin?” Applejack replied with a smirk.

“I-I lived a very sheltered life.” Ericka replied trying to cover up for her lack of knowledge once again. This was the second time she's had to use this excuse and she had a feeling she would be using it a whole lot more as time went on.

“Go easy on her Applejack, she's new in town and she still has yet to discover her special talent.” Twilight chimed in now trying to defend the Pegasus.

“Whoa Nelly! She don't even have a cutie mark yet? Where in tarnation did ya come from? Griffon town?” Applejack exclaimed in a shocked tone until she abruptly gave a guilty expression, once again shocked Ericka by grabbing her hat and held it to her chest and lowered her head at the dark blue mare. “Might sorry for that remark sugarcube, mah honest personalty can get the best of meh at times.” Applejack said in an apologetic tone still not looking up at her.

“It's fine really. This is just all so new to me.” Ericka replied honestly. She really had no idea how any of this was possible. Nothing scientific could explain any of this! She was beginning to wonder if maybe she was just being dim witted and not picking up on things now.

“Well then let meh treat ya to the best of the apple family hospitality, it's the least ah can do for how ah treated ya just now.” Applejack replied with a smile.

---------------------------------------------

ONE HOUR LATER...

“I think I ate too much...” Ericka remarked in a nauseous tone as the two left Applejack's farm having been given more than enough food that in Ericka's mind could feed twenty of these creatures.

“That's Applejack for you. If there's one pony in town you can depend on to help you out, it's her.” Twilight remarked aloud as the two left the farm and headed down the street towards a house.

“I certainly hope your other friends are as kind as she was.” Ericka replied with a smirk. For some reason, having eaten for the first time in this body, she felt much better and less nervous than before. Though none of the questions that danced around her head now had been answered and that still annoyed her.

“Speaking of kind, I think you should meet Fluttershy. Though I have to warn you, she's not the most outgoing pony.” Twilight replied as the two walked towards the forest that Ericka came from.

“With a name like that, that somehow does not surprise me.” Ericka thought to herself with a smirk.

“She lives on the outskirts of the everfree forest. It's not far from Apple Acres.” Twilight said as the two continued to walk down the path as a cottage slowly came into view.

“So that's what that forest of called.” Ericka remarked aloud thoughtfully and felt much better finally getting some kind of answer to the many questions in on her mind right now.

“Yeah, No pony ever goes in there though. The forest is filled with many kinds of monsters and fearful creatures that would eat anypony alive.” Twilight replied in a knowing tone as the two made their way a crossed the bridge towards the cottage.

“At least we don't have to worry about any of these ponies walking in on our camp at least.” Ericka thought to herself in a relived tone.

The purple unicorn then knocked on the door which was opened a few moments later revealing what looked to Ericka as a creature like the one she was in now. A “Pegasus pony” as they called them.

“Oh, um, hi Twilight.” The Pegasus greeted in such a low tone that Ericka would have thought no pony could hear unless it was a quiet as it was right now.

“Do you mind if we come in? I'm showing Cloudkicker here around town. She's new here.” Twilight replied in a soft tone to the shy Pegasus.

“Um, okay. Just be careful of the little woodland creatures.” Fluttershy replied giving a weak smile as she turned around and allowed the two to walk inside.

To say Ericka was floored at the sight that beheld her was a drastic understatement. This Pegasus pony was a nature lover just like her. She had a feeling she would get along with Fluttershy a lot. But what confused her however, was the fact that most of these animals could be found on her planet. Was it possible that this planet started out the same way as hers but developed with these creatures as the dominate specie rather than humans? Regardless she found the inside of this pony's home to be the best looking of any home she had been to so far.

“Fluttershy is the local caretaker of animals. If a pony needs help with their pet, they go to her.” Twilight said in a matter-of-fact tone taking note of Ericka's awed expression now.

“Oh I’m sure there are ponies much better than me at taking care of little woodland creatures. I just, um, haven't met any yet.” Fluttershy replied in a modest tone.

It was at this point and time a small white bunny walked up to Ericka and began to stomp on her front right hoof which caught the dark blue Pegasus's attention. “Oh, how cute! I love bunnies!” Ericka exclaimed in a sweet tone as she looked down at the bunny.

“Oh yes, Angel Bunny is my own pet bunny. Come now angel, don't be rude to our guest.” Fluttershy replied as she hovered over to Angel and picked him up. Angel however just stared at her with what Ericka thought to he a glare.

“What's wrong Angel?” Fluttershy asked curiously taking note of the rabbits hostile expression at Ericka now.

Angel than looked at Fluttershy and made several gestures which caused Ericka to look in shock at this. “Oh angel you silly bunny. Of course she's a pony. Why would you say that?” Fluttershy replied in a soft tone as she set Angel down.

“Wait, she can understand them?” Ericka asked incredulously.

“Oh yes, I've been able to talk with little woodland creatures since I was a little filly. In fact that's how I got my cutie mark.” Fluttershy replied as she hovered over to one of the bird houses and put some food in it.

“That's Fluttershy's special talent, being able to communicate with animals on a different level than other ponies. Not sure why Angel is acting that way towards you though. He's usually much more friendly with new comers.

It was at this point that the yellow Pegasus’s words rang in her mind. “She said that her rabbit told her that I wasn't a pony. Can that rabbit tell? If he really can tell I’m not really a pony, than my only saving grace is that Fluttershy is the only one who can understand him and doesn't believe him. I'll have to be more cautious around this rabbit from now on.” Ericka thought to herself in a nervous tone as she eyed Angel who simply glared back at her.

-------------------------------------------------

“So a pony's special talent is something that they are best at doing?” Ericka asked as the two walked away from Fluttershy's cottage back towards town.

“Not exactly, your cutie mark represents what your special talent is, not what your best at. Like for example, Fluttershy has a crazy amount of knowledge in sewing and even can make a decent dress herself, but her special talent is being able to speak with animals.” Twilight replied looking back at the dark blue Pegasus before she looked ahead of herself again as the town's buildings slowly came into view now.

“I don't understand.” Ericka replied in a confused tone to which the purple unicorn giggled.

“Don't worry Cloudkicker, you'll understand one day when you discover your own special talent.” Twilight replied then looked up which caused Ericka to follow suit. “Ah, I was hoping I wouldn't have to search all of Ponyville for her. Hey, Rainbow Dash! Get your flank down here and meet the new pony in town!” Twilight exclaimed at which point a cyan blue Pegasus with a rainbow colored mane and tail looked down at her, dove down, and landed just short of the two.

“Hey Twilight, who's the new Pegasus?” Rainbow Dash asked as she walked up to the two ponies.

“Her name is Cloudkicker, she's from Cloudsdale. I thought you two might know each other from flight school or something.” Twilight replied at which point the cyan blue Pegasus looked at Ericka.

“Nope, don't know her. Then again, she might have been in a different class than me. Say, why don't you show me what you can do.” Rainbow Dash replied looking at Ericka now.

“Wh-What I can do?” Ericka replied in a confused tone.

“Yeah, show me a few areal tricks of yours.” Rainbow Dash replied and took off from the ground.

Ericka's chest then went ice cold. There was just one problem with what this pony had asked of her. She couldn't fly. Or at least she didn't know how to yet. “I, uh, don't wanna.” Ericka replied feeling her nervousness creep up on her once again.

“Oh come on! A lean, mean, Pegasus like yourself must have some awesome moves!” Rainbow Dash replied as she hovered above them.

“Does falling on my face count?” Ericka thought to herself dismally as she tried to think of some way to get our of this predicament.

“Oh come on Cloudkicker, there's no shame in showing off.” Twilight said now as she gave the Pegasus a gentle tap with her elbow as if to egg her on.

“Great, now even Twilight wants to see me fly. I guess I could give it another shot. Maybe the first time was a fluke?” Ericka thought to herself as she nervously extended her wings in preparation to attempt to take off from the ground again.

“Come on Cloudkicker, I don't have all day!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed impatiently as she hovered above the two still with an annoyed expression on her face now.

“H-Here I go.” Ericka stuttered broke into a run, jumped off the ground, flapped her wings, and hit the ground hard with a loud thud much to the cyan blue Pegasus and Twilight's shock.

“What the hay was that?!” Rainbow dash exclaimed in disbelief.

Ericka rubbed her sore face now and let out a sigh. There was no avoiding now so she might as well tell them. “I-I can't fly.” Ericka replied in a nervous tone.

If Rainbow Dash's jaw could drop anymore it would have most likely hit the ground which lay roughly ten feet under now as she stared at Ericka mouth agape in shock and disbelief.

“No cutie mark and you can't fly? Then how did you come from Cloudsdale?” Twilight asked curiously now.

“Yeah, if you came from Cloudsdale you have to be able to fly! It's a cloud city after all!” Rainbow Dash chimed in looking equally curious.

“Oh crap! I didn't know that place was in the sky. I thought it was some local grounded town!” Ericka thought to herself in a panicked tone as she began to sweat as the two ponies looked at her now. She had to think up something and quick. Unless she wanted to be exposed as a fake. “I-I don't know where I came from. Th-The truth is, I don't even know my real name. I don't know where I came from or anything about this town.” Ericka said after an awkward silence. She couldn't believe she was doing this. She was playing the “Amnesia game”. She could barely believe she had to sink so low in order to cover her own hide and if this race wasn't able to actually get amnesia, then she was really exposed now.

“Oh horsefeathers, she's got Amnesia! No wonder she doesn't know how to fly. She must have hit her head hard when she was doing an awesome stunt!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed looking at Twilight now with an worried expression.

“That would explain why she's been asking so many questions. Don't worry Cloudkicker, you don't have to lie to us anymore. We understand now, right Rainbow” Twilight replied looking up at Rainbow Dash now.

“Yeah, sorry for being such a lame pony to ya. But don't you worry, I'll stick with ya and help ya learn to fly again!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed with a smile.

“And you can ask me anything you need to until your memory returns. In fact, you can stay with me.” Twilight said as she walked over to Ericka and placed a hoof on her shoulder.

Bingo, she was safe. And what's more is the fact she could now openly ask questions without fear of getting weird looks. “Thanks Twilight. I was just worried you would find me weird since I didn't know anything.” Ericka replied feeling relief wash over her.

“Oh horsefeathers, I'm late! Pinkie Pie said to meet her at your house in an hour Twilight, that's why I was flying around. I was telling everypony.” Rainbow Dash replied and sped off without another word.

“Looks like it's going to be a loud night for you. Pinkie Pie is going to throw one of her signature Pinkie Pie parties by the looks of her asking Rainbow to go around town and let everypony know.” Twilight replied with a soft giggle now.

“A party sounds good right about now.” Ericka replied truthfully. While she had no idea how ponies partied, she knew one thing, after a day like this,

She could use a little fun...