• Published 27th May 2012
  • 2,284 Views, 92 Comments

Memories: Another Time - Wishes



Scootaloo has grown up...Can she still make time for her friends?

  • ...
3
 92
 2,284

Chapter Nine: Scootaloo the Amazing

Ding, Dong!

Sweetie Belle grinned at the sound of the doorbell. She knew for a fact that Scootaloo, with or without Applebloom, was standing right outside her house this very second.

It was a burst of happiness and excitement that just exploded inside of her.

Putting down all the things she was holding with her magic, she rushed to the door and opened it up. Sure enough, the famous Wonderbolt was at her doorstep.

"Scootaloo..." Sweetie Belle could only say. Other than that, she was speechless even from a predictable visit from her old friend.

"Hey, Sweetie Belle," Scootaloo said, "Rainbow's here, too." She waved her dark orange hoof at the Wonderbolt next to her, with her familiar stylish rainbow mane and tail.

Sweetie Belle's mouth hung open. Not at the fact that they...Rainbow and Scootaloo...Wonderbolts, visiting her and her sister, it was that Sweetie Belle had a friendship with Scootaloo that had paused.

"Um...where's Applebloom?" Scootaloo asked.

"...And Rarity?" Rainbow Dash wondered politely.

Sweetie Belle seemed to finally find her voice. She blinked.

"Applebloom's not here yet," Sweetie Belle replied, "And Rainbow, Rarity's upstairs in her...er...Inspiration Room. Working on a dress for a very important customer, I think."

Rainbow nodded, than raced upstairs, leaving behind a faint, temporary ribbon of rainbow in her path. It disappeared as quick as it came, though.

Sweetie Belle looked in Scootaloo's eyes. She felt her eyes beginning to water, but Scootaloo's weird words stopped her.

"You look...busy."

Sweetie Belle wiped the tears from her eyes. She shrugged, than realized what Scootaloo meant.

"Oh, my mane?" Sweetie Belle asked, transporting a mirror right in front of her, "Well...my niece Ruby did that. I think we're finally bonding, after a couple of years of Relative Wars."

They both giggled.

Sweetie Belle touched her floppy mane, than glanced at the mirror once more. Her regular, cotton-candy like purple-and-pink mane was tied into unfashionable ribbons unprofessionally, hair sticking out in different places. Her tail was much the same way, only some parts had blue washable marker scribbles.

"Also," Sweetie Belle said, changing the subject, "While we wait for Applebloom, I'm sure that we could pull up a chair and there might be tea and cookies in the kitchen."

Scootaloo shook her head. "Oh, no..." Scootaloo said, "I've had enough tea, trust me. But I'm kind of hungry."

Sweetie Belle smiled. "Coming right up!"

~~~

The air blew in quickly. The sun shone brightly. And Scootaloo was hungry.

Well, not as hungry as Soren was after every show.

Scootaloo shifted uncomfortably in her seat. Sure, the wooden chairs and tables fit the casual, light, girly theme and they were nice and flat, but it was something that made her uncomfortable about the place.

Sweetie Belle came into the room. She had a pink and purple apron on with doilies on the ends; her mane was fixed a bit, leaving only a few ribbons behind which looked perfect in the places they were put.

Scootaloo recognized the tune. She heard a small, thin whistle, knowing it to be Sweetie Belle's beautiful voice even through a whistle. It was one of Sweetie's romantic pop songs, Scootaloo knew, the ones heard on the radio while hanging out with other Wonderbolts and not recognizing it was her friend behind the speakers.

It was a sad moment, but after tons of crying she got used to it and seemed to push her tears away before she could even get to wet salt in her mouth. Ugh.

Sweetie Belle, with no trouble at all, was carrying the floating tray with her magic obviously.

"So..." Sweetie Belle said as she placed the tray on the table.

Scootaloo nodded, glancing at the food put in front of her. Than she sort of glared at a cup.

"It's not tea, by the way," Sweetie Belle explained, "It's pop. Not like the type of music, the soda. Soda pop. It's...um...Soren's favorite...Diet Rainbow."

Scootaloo laughed, remembering Soren's crush on Rainbow Dash.

"Where'd you get that information?"

"Gossip magazines," Sweetie Belle smiled, "And before you can ask, yes, I read them, from Rarity's desks. She doesn't care. Anyway, I couldn't find any cookies, so I got you S'mores. Okay?"

Scootaloo nodded. "Fancy to casual, I see."

Sweetie Belle laughed.

It was, in her heart, like somepony had pressed the play button on their friendship.