• Published 27th May 2012
  • 2,283 Views, 92 Comments

Memories: Another Time - Wishes



Scootaloo has grown up...Can she still make time for her friends?

  • ...
3
 92
 2,283

Chapter Eight: Hugs and Kisses from Ruby

"Sweetie Belle!"

Ruby was annoyed at her aunt's behavior and attitude, but that didn't mean she couldn't get anything from her.

Sitting on the edge of her soft bed with a plush toy in her hooves, she began to think. Soon, she saw her aunt's face peeking from the doorway.

"What, you miserable little brat?"

The words stung on her skin. Sure, they used to fight a bunch and tease each other but usually Sweetie Belle had the words that hurt. She was young, and Sweetie Belle...a touring musical sensation, who couldn't take it easy on her niece. What kind of sensation was that?

Ruby was up to making up. She wanted to be friends...not to fight...with her aunt. After all, her aunt was a teenager, not way older than she would become, her birthday coming up real soon. She kind of felt like a sister to her...

"Um..."

"What?" Sweetie Belle groaned.

Ruby didn't really know what to say. She wasn't reading parent magazines, and she was only very young. So she decided to take it cool, and say things that she meant, with truth in her eyes.

"Um..."

Sweetie Belle rolled her eyes. She walked over to her niece and sat next to her on the bed. It was a soft, regular bed, good for foals to bounce on.

"Um..."

"You want to tell me something, right?" Sweetie Belle predicted.

Ruby could only nod her head weakly. Somehow, whenever Sweetie Belle was there with her, there was something really missing in her heart...something that made her weak. That was why Sweetie Belle always won with the insults.

"Um..."

"Come on." Sweetie Belle said, "I know what you want to tell me."

"You do?" Ruby asked shyly. Her face reddened.

"Yep. I can see it in your eyes," Sweetie Belle sighed, "Friendship, isn't it?"

"Nope, truce." Ruby said, almost squealing.

"Same thing."

"Oh."

Ruby smiled and giggled. Her aunt loved to correct her mistakes, probably to have her learn herself. But usually she never payed attention to the good parts, only the bad.

"Truce?"

"Truce."

"Also, um...Sweetie Belle," Ruby said slowly, "Rarity said you had a friend coming over. Who is it?"

Sweetie Belle smiled warmly. Ruby felt whole...like a true little niece now...a true sister if Sweetie Belle could only be.

"If you're curious, it's Scootaloo and Applebloom," Sweetie Belle grinned, "Scootaloo the Wonderbolt and Applebloom the artist."

Ruby jumped on her bed, bouncing up and down on the springy mattress. Her loving expression turned to excitement and joy.

"OMG!" Ruby shouted, "Wonderbolt? Coming to our house?"

Sweetie Belle held her hoof up and Ruby immediately stopped jumping. She fell onto the carpet floor of her bedroom.

"Not yet," Sweetie Belle laughed, "It's actually two Wonderbolts. Two. Scootaloo's friend Rainbow Dash is coming to see Rarity after the couple of years they've left each other. It's a Wonderbolt's break for the season, and they really don't want to miss it by training and all. So most of them are going to see their friends."

"Two?" Ruby's mouth left hanging open.

"Yep, now you can jump up and down on your bed again if you'd like with excitement."

Ruby did as she was told. She kept jumping, her smile growing more and more.

Sweetie Belle smiled. She truly, truly loved her niece.

But just as she was about to leave, she heard a familiar voice, whose whine changed to a kind plead.

"Sweetie Belle...could we talk?"

Sweetie Belle hopped back onto the bed next to her niece. She nodded.

"What about?"

"Um...why you were so depressed."

Sweetie Belle nodded again. "Oh, yeah," she said, "Well, the only thing I'm looking forward today was the visit from Scootaloo and Applebloom, and Rarity's probably happy to see Rainbow Dash."

"Yep, me too," Ruby giggled childishly, "But doesn't Rainbow Dash have other friends?"

"One...two...three...four...five..." Ruby continued, "Five of them, including Rarity Six."

"Oh, you see," Sweetie Belle explained, "Rainbow Dash has this friendship with Scootaloo. They're touring Ponyville together so they can catch up on everything they've missed, along with their friends."

"Like you and Rarity," Ruby grinned at her information.

Sweetie Belle caught that grin. It was not only about how Ruby was understanding and interested.

It was because finally, after a long time of hatred and insults, Sweetie Belle and Ruby were finally bonding.