• Published 4th Aug 2015
  • 2,087 Views, 20 Comments

Beauty? - bahatumay



Scootaloo is distracted by something. Rainbow helps answer her question.

  • ...
0
 20
 2,087

Epilogue

Rainbow fidgeted in place, and her tail swished as she waited for the door to open. After what felt like forever, it finally did, and the pageant contestants burst out, chattering and finding their parents.

Finally, she saw a flash of orange with purple on top. “Hey, Scootaloo!” Rainbow called.

“Rainbow Dash!” Scootaloo brightened and darted over, prancing in place. “Did you see me on stage? Did you? Did you?”

Rainbow Dash nodded. “I sure did! You looked great up there! Really great! Even if you didn’t win, I think you did awesome!” She scowled. “I’m not sure why they had the lo- I mean, the ‘disqualified ones’ put their saddles back on for one more walkthrough, though. It’s like, ‘hey, these fillies lost, but let’s put them on display again anyway!’ I dunno.”

Scootaloo shrugged. “It’s fine,” she said. “Rarity’s saddle was actually pretty comfortable. Besides, it was my first time in a competition.” She winced. “I might have blown it in the interview part, actually. I might have gotten a little too excited when they asked me about my hero.” She bumped Rainbow with her hips, letting her know exactly who she was talking about.

Rainbow Dash grabbed Scootaloo and tousled her mane playfully. “Stop, you’re making me blush,” she joked.

Scootaloo giggled and fixed her mane with a hoof, adjusting it and bringing it back to more of its familiar spiky style, but the sparkles woven into her mane still gleamed in the dim light overhead.

“I bet you’ll win the next one you enter,” Rainbow said confidently. “You don’t always land a trick the first try, you know. Takes practice and such.” Rainbow glanced down at the third place ribbon hanging from Scootaloo’s neck and batted it lightly like a cat toy. “But I still say that deserves a little celebration. You up for some ice cream?”

“You bet!” Scootaloo cheered, before settling down a bit. “Really, though, I’m fine.” She leaned in close to Rainbow Dash, and a devious smile crossed her face as she whispered, “To be honest, I don’t mind losing to Diamond Tiara; I’m really just happy she didn’t win.”

Rainbow glanced over at the disgruntled pink filly wearing a runner-up ribbon, stamping her hooves and angrily telling anypony who happened to walk near enough to her that the judging had been rigged and how much trouble the judges, contest organizers, and everypony else down to the caterer would be in when her father heard of it. Rainbow couldn’t suppress a little snort as she shook her head incredulously.

As they left for their ice cream, they passed by the winner of the pageant, a young earth pony filly with a long, flowing red mane, standing tall and proud to better display the sash that adorned her barrel and the tiara sparkling atop her head.

“Hey, nice job, Twist!” Scootaloo called out.

“Thankth!” Twist smiled widely as she waved back.

Comments ( 14 )

6280210
...you're not wrong. :derpytongue2:

...and now that I've read the ending, I have to say I'm a fan of the story. :twistnerd:

BRB, gonna add this to some groups so other people can read it.

Oh, what a Twist!:raritystarry::twilightblush::facehoof:

:facehoof: I thought it was apple bloom who won :rainbowlaugh: Love the "Twist" ending. Nice little story.

6281055
Thanks! I'm terrible at groups.

6281111
:twistnerd:

6281188
Thanks! I figured that would bother Diamond the most. :trollestia:

Clever ending! Very nice story! :rainbowkiss:

:scootangel: Did you see Spike? He was a cool MC.
:applecry: He just did it for Rarity , We all know that.
:raritywink: He's such a helpful gentle drake
:twistnerd: He sure ith!
:moustache: Anything to help, Rarity
:unsuresweetie: Awe Kiss her already!
:raritystarry::twilightoops::rainbowlaugh::pinkiegasp::yay::applejackconfused:

Cute little story. . .

I really enjoyed this piece. Great job!

This is even better! I love the ending. So Twist straightened her mane, huh? Diamond Tiara should have seen that coming. Add in a cute lisp and sweet personality...yup. Twist takes the prize.

....I want peppermint now. Or a candy cane...

I was not expecting to enjoy this and yet I did. Good job.

Short but sweet. Glad I read it. And Twist winning was a laugh!

Login or register to comment