• Published 25th Apr 2016
  • 3,546 Views, 109 Comments

Animals - Blaze Fury



Me and my cousin have been called freaks our entire lives just because we have animal ears and a tail. Well luckily we can get a second chance, but is it really?

  • ...
35
 109
 3,546

Chapter 2: I Hate Trains

I need to find Natalie. Thats all that was going through my mind as I got back up from being knocked over by what ever that was. All I could hear were screams coming from outside the car and grunts and snarls coming from behind me. I turned around and looked at the caged humans.

"Shut the hell up!!" I ordered with a glare, causing them all to stop what they were doing and look at my while whimpering. I turned my attention back to the matter at hand and picked myself up off the floor before walking to the door and opening it. On the other side was something that shocked me, the car that was hooked to the one I was in was almost completely destroyed. But what shocked my the most was the dead bodies I saw. I really hoped that the ponies that left before all this started were okay. I stood there looking around and I noticed that we had stopped and that there were several creatures flying around. Most looked like a chicken had mated with a lion. I shook my head as I tied to get that picture out of my head. 'I need to find Natalie and leave.' I thought as I crouched and started to move through the destroyed rail car.

Everything around me was either on fire of charred. The seats in the car were all on fire and smelt of burning cloth, which started to burn the inside of my nose. Once I was at the other side of the car I saw a unicorn fighting a chicken/lion and I could see a lot of pegasi in the air locked in combat with he lion hybrids. I looked back at the unicorns and thought that there was no way for me to get past them. Unless...

"It could work." I whispered to myself as I gathered my magic and placed an invisibility spell onto my form. Luckily for me the door in front of me wasn't there so I could sneak by easier. As I snuck by I watched the quadruped's fighting style, and it seemed to fit them very well for there situation. I decided on continuing my journey to find Natalie and get the hell out of dodge. I made it through two more train cars before I was found out. This happened because, Im guessing, the attacker's humans caught my sent and came at me. I used my magic to lengthen my nails before I jumped up and dug my new claws into the ceiling. I barely missed being grabbed by one of the humans and when I looked around all the ponies and the lion hybrids that were in the car had stopped and were looking at where I was. Though with their confused stares I hazardous a guess that they didn't know what their humans were trying to get, so with that I started to claw my way out of the car on the ceiling.

"SIT!" I heard a female voice yell behind me. I stopped moving forward and looked behind me. There, heading towards the spot I hung over, was a unicorn mare. When she was underneath me, I watched as she lit her horn up before firing whatever she had charging at me. When it hit me I felt my magic dissipate and the next this I heard was several gasps. I slowly turned my head and saw that everyone was looking at me with shock, but that was before I saw the lion hybrid's expression turn into the same look those damn government officials had back on Earth. And I didn't like it at all. I started to scurry away and I could hear them all yelling things like,

"Get the human!"

"Capture the Target!"

"Don't let the griffin's get him!"

"Get me a Pickle!"

Still have no idea where that last statement came form, but it didn't matter as I reached the door on the other side. I grabbed onto the door frame and flipped myself up and landed on top of the metal train car. I did that awesome pose from that fight scene Scarlet Johansson was in during the movie Iron Man 2. Sadly no one saw me as I looked around and every single one of ponies and, im guessing, griffins were still fighting. 'Darn. Thats was a badass move and no one saw it.' I thought with a huff as I stood up.

"Don't let him get away!!" someone shouted causing everyone to look in my direction. They had all stopped what they were doing mid-action, causing them to look as if they were frozen in time. A few seconds later they all rushed to where I was at, but I thought a step faster than they did and used my magic to increase my speed three times before I ran and jumped five feet in the air and landed four train cars away from where I was at. I looked back and saw that they had all piled on top of each other in a comedic fashion causing me to nearly burst out laughing. That didn't stop me from chuckling though. I then remembered my mission and I turned and looked at the front of the train and saw that there was three train cars, including the engine. The engine in question made me want to barf with how girly it looked. I shook those thoughts from my mind as I placed another invisibility spell on myself and ran for the front.

I reached the front I hopped down and looked at my surroundings. The first thing I saw was a corpse. I retracted my claws before I went over and flipped the body and saw that it was a stallion and he looked like he was near retirement. I laid the body down and shut his eyes before going over and looking at the controls. Up there I found a picture of what I guessed the stallion looked like when he was younger, but I also saw his wife and two little girls in the photo.

This infuriated me to no end. 'What gives them the right to take this man away from his family!?' I seethed to myself. I eventually calmed down and went back to the dead stallion and placed the picture in his hooves. I gave a small smile before going back to the controls, and I'll be honest that I had no idea how to drive this train. On the outside it looked like your average steam engine, but on the inside it looked like a modern diesel train. I was about to try and start the train when I heard a high pick scream causing me to leave the controls and head to the sound. I cracked the door open that lead to the engine and saw that there were a lot of what looked like hostages, if the griffin pointing a crossbow at a little filly was to go by. I also saw Natalie being dragged by her tail out of the car. I wanted to rip his arm off and beat him to an inch of his life but I restrained myself.

"Stop struggling you BITCH!" the griffin dragging her said before he stopped and hit her across the cheek with his claws. That was when I threw caution out the window. I felt myself lose control of my magic as I felt my claws come back and my teeth get sharper and longer. I burst through the door and rushed the griffin that slapped Natalie and grabbed him by his neck. The only thing on my mind was to make him suffer. When he looked at me I could smell the fear coming from his eyes, and for some reason.... I loved it. I shook my head, getting rid of those thoughts was imperative. I still had my claws around his neck to the point where they were almost going to go in his flesh.

"Give me one reason why I shouldn't ripe your throat out right now?" I asked. The griffin in my grasp just looked at me with even more fear and a little confusion.

"Let the captain go you beast!" I heard a voice say behind me. I turned my head and saw the other griffin pointing the crossbow at me, and I could see Natalie looking at me in fear. In that instant I gained full control of my magic and felt my teeth and nails go back to normal. I didn't want her to see me like that, not now not ever.

"Stand down Steel." the griffin I was holding ordered.

"But sir-" the griffin known as Steel said but was cut off by his captain.

"Are you refusing an order?" he said with a harsh look causing Steel to lower the crossbow.

"No sir." Steel said in a low and defeated tone. I then turned my attention to the captain I had in my grasp and saw him looking at me as if he was analyzing my body.

"Now what do you want?" he asked.

"I want you to die." I said, and there was a brief pause before he spoke again.

"Well he seems to be smarter than most. But I still have no idea what he's saying." he said before he paused. "Beam, you may fire." he said and I had only a few seconds to react as I saw a beam of magic him me square in the chest, blasting me back into the locomotive and smashing the controls. I felt small electrical pulses as I heard several clicks before feeling a lurch. My sight was fuzzy and it was hard to see anything, but when I turned my attention outside the window I saw that we were moving again. I slowly got up and looked for the brake, and I saw it too. Apparently when I was hit with that blast of magic I hit the area it was located in, ultimately smashing it.

'Well that doesn't look good. Not at all.' I thought with concern.

"We got what we came for," I heard a female voice say to my side causing me to turn to it. "Now unhook the car behind this one. We'll need these hostages to get away free." said a unicorn as I got a good look at her. She had a grey coat and a dark blue mane and tail, and had a moon and tattoo with two arrows crossed above it on her rear, or is it flank. I have no idea; I never studied animal anatomy.

"What do we do with him?" The griffin that I had in my grasp before asked her.

"We use her." she said as I watched her throw Natalie down in front of her causing my to growl. "Ah ah ah. No. Bad boy." she said as she pulled a dagger and pointed it to Nate's neck. I instantly submitted as I didn't want her to harm her. The unicorn gave me a dark smile, "Good boy. Behave like that and I'll give you a sweet reward." she said saying the word 'reward' weirdly. In that moment I could hear thousands of voices in my head telling me to never be rewarded by her. Then after that moment the voices left as quickly as they came, weird really. But I left that train of thought and went to one of how to get Natalie and me out of this situation without her getting hurt. This wasn't like with the soldiers back on Earth, they didn't have magic but apparently here these ponies can.

"Is there a way we can stop this thing?" she asked.

"Not one I can find Midnight." the captain said.

"Well find one. I'd rather not die after getting the one thing that will bring my Queen back." Midnight said with a dreamy stare. O...kay, this ones crazy. I decided to meditate and use my magic to look ahead of the tracks to see if there was anything that could stop this thing.

When my sight left the confines of my body I could see a majestic city sitting on the mountain side. I went further up the tracks and saw there was a station at the end of the city, and there was a spot to transfer to another set of rails. Sadly they ended in a rock wall but I have to stop these phycos somehow. I looked around and saw that the entire platform had guards and 'guard' humans there, waiting for the train to pull up. I then saw something small and red and low and behold there about two-hundred feet from where I was looking was the red flag that split the tracks. I tried to use more of my magic but it was extremely hard. After what felt like forever I was able to turn it and thankfully none of the guards noticed. With that done I went back to the confines of my mind and saw that we were drawing near to the city.

"We'll be passing Canterlot soon." the captain griffin said. Huh so it's called Canterlot, sounds similar to Camelot. I hope to god there aren't anymore horse puns in this world because that was really cringy. I then did something extremely risky, I placed another invisibility spell on myself. Luckily they didn't notice and I took the opportunity to go and mess with the manual breaks. Sadly since there was only one car being pulled that wasn't going to be enough to slow the train down, but I tightened it anyway. After that I heard and saw sparks fly under the wheels, so with that done I charged up a magic blast before firing it at the valve. With that done I slipped back in just in time to see them freak out and try and stop the breaks on the car.

"Stop that accursed sound!" Midnight yelled as she clutched her ears. At the moment the griffins left the room I stopped using my magic, making me visible again. Midnight was still clutching her ears and thankfully looking the opposite way of where I was at. A minute or so went by when the two griffins came back, thought their facial expressions told me they where pissed. It seems that Midnight heard them come in ever over the screeching of the brakes. "Why haven't you stopped that sound?!" she yelled.

"Because somegriffin broke the valve to stop it clean off." Cap said. Yea from now on I'm calling him Cap, so it's shorter.

"Why not place a silence spell on the door?" Steel asked.

"Fine." she said before charging her horn and, Im guessing, casted the spell. The next moment I couldn't hear the sound of the screeching anymore so that was a plus. "Now go place these two in the train car and watch him closely." she said as she shoot a hoof in my direction. Steel nodded and pointed his crossbow at me then Natalie. I got the idea and went over and picked her up and felt something poke my back. When I looked back I saw that the end of Steel's bow was there. I started walking and as soon as I walked out of the engine I could once again, and it still hurt like hell.

"Sit the fuck down." he ordered and I did as told as I didn't want him to try anything. I sat there thinking of how to get out of this, because with what I have planned this damn train is gonna crash and I needed to get the hostages out safely. In a few minutes I came up with several ideas, but the only one that would let them get out unscathed. That idea in itself was risky because I had to knock at least two of the attackers, preferably the griffins, and unhitch the car from the engine. 'I don't have time for this' I thought as I charged a sleep spell in my right hand. Steel must have saw the glow coming from my hand as he pointed his crossbow at me and gave me a glare.

"What are you doing?" he asked, which sounded like an order. I doubt he'd understand me even if I answered him, so I just shot my hand in his direction before letting the spell go. When it hit him I watched as his eyelids fall immediately before he fell to the floor with a clutter. Luckily for me the spell Midnight placed earlier kept them from hearing what was going on. I got up and walked to him and picked up his crossbow, which I might add was too big for him, but big enough for me. I still had it in my hand while I looked around at the hostages and they were looking at me in fear, and some in awe. I mean in this moment I did look badass. I then went over to Natalie and saw she was still nude so I conjured her a pair of pants for herself and she began to put them on. I then started to look around again and tried to look for something else to use as a weapon. I just hoped I could do what I needed to without the other two catching on, I mean the only way for them to know is if came in here. But what are the odds of that?

"What are you doing?" I heard a voice ask behind me. I let out a groan and turned around and saw Midnight standing there. Thankfully Natalie was behind me and out of her reach. "Why aren't you being obedient? Don't you want your reward?" she asked. I sure as hell didn't want her reward; those voices that came into my mind earlier told me to steer clear of that shit for good. I just shook my head and gave her a cold stare.

"Fine be that way." she said as she charged her horn. I didn't give her time as I lifted the crossbow, aimed, and then fired. The arrow hit where I wanted it to, somewhere that would cause damage but wouldn't be a fatal wound. The arrow struck it's mark a little below her socket on her right fore-hoof. She screamed and fell to the floor when it hit and I watched as her magic fizz out when she lose her concentration.

With two of them out for now I put the crossbow on my back and walked out the car and looked down at the cuffs that kept the engine and car together. I squatted down and looked at it in curiosity as I have never seen one this close, but I had to find a way to either disconnect it or destroy it not marvel. With no option I charged an intense heat spell and placed my palm on the cuff, and waited. A few seconds later i started to glow red and than a little white. I deactivated the spell and went back and grabbed Natalie and walked back onto the edge of the locomotive. With one solid kick I broke the cuff and watched as the car with the hostages started to pull away and slow down. Since that was out of the way I turned my head and looked around the side of the engine and saw we were getting really close to the station.

I was extremely happy to get off this death trap and I was about to jump when the thing lurched to the left, away from the station. 'That means we're going on the tracks leading to the wall.' I thought. It took a few seconds before it dawned on my that I needed to jump, NOW! With thought in mind, I jumped as hard as I could. I really underestimate myself sometimes, really I do. I was able to jump all the way from the engine, over the station and onto a two story house; with Natalie still in my hands and the crossbow on my back. Still have no idea how it's still there. I turned around and watched as the engine hit the buffer stop and caught fire before tipping on its side and digging into the ground. That was before it went and hit, wait I mean rammed, into the rock wall and blew up. 'I didn't know they could blow up...' My thoughts trailed off.

"STOP THEM!" came a shout. I looked down and saw that all the guards that were on the platform were no looking at me.

"Well this doesn't seem fair." I said with a slight chuckle. I dropped the crossbow that was in my hand and placed Natalie on my back, as if I was giving her a piggie-back ride.

"You ready?" I asked. She hasn't talked at all since she was hit and I didn't know what was going on with her.

"Y-yea. Let's just get out of here." she said. That was something I could get behind a hundred percent. I picked the crossback back up and then started to running start for my jump. I could hear wing beats behind my and when I looked back I saw several pegasus guards tailing me. "Shoot." I said before increasing my speed by leaning forward. I spent the next five minutes running away from them but to no avail. In a last ditch effort I casted and placed a final invisibility spell on Natalie, myself and the crossbow before jumping down into an alleyway. The last thing I saw was that gold and purple castle with a large white horse and purple pony standing on a balcony before I nearly landed on some trash but managed to hit the ground right next to it. I looked from one end of the alleyway and saw several guards rushing to the castle, 'Probably going to protect their ruler.' I mused. I then took Natalie off my back and set her on the ground before placing the crossbow on my back and picking Nate' back up. My attention was brought back to me when I heard several 'clops' and looked to the other end of the alley and saw multiple unicorns coming my way. They looked to be wearing that armor that the others had on, but the looks in their eyes told me they weren't guards at all.

"Come out and play~. I know your in here my little human~." said an all too familiar voice. I watched as the unicorns split up and in the middle was none other that Midnight. 'How the hell did she get here so fast?' I thought with a shocked expression.

"Mam are you sure he's here?" a unicorn asked.

"Of course I do." she said and without warning I watched her charge and fire a spell at me, and again dispelling my spell.

"That shit's really pissing me off." I said before turning to my right. I was about to start running when I heard multiple horns charging up. With out a second thought I tightened my grip on Natalie just as the unicorns fired their blasts of magic, sending me flying all the way out the alleyway and into the store across the street. I was somehow able to turn around in mid-air, resulting in me smashing through the front of the store with my back. All I could feel was pain, and it raced across my back like the Grand Prix.

"Cuz are you okay?" I heard Natalie ask me.

"Yea. Im fine. Not like I just got blasted with magic that was equivalent to a stick of C4 and then crashed into someones shop." I said with a groan.

"You don't have to be smart about it." she said with a huff. I looked around and saw that we had crashed into a toy shop, judging by the little colts and fillys looking at us in a mixture of fear, awe, and curiosity. I gave another groan as I pushed myself up and looked around at my back. There was several pieces of wood lodged into my skin and it hurt like a bitch. Luckily I'm used to pain, but that doesn't mean it ever get easier to go through. I then slowly stood up and walked to the new entrance I gave the store and placed my hand at the top of it. Outside the 'guards' were moving civilians away in hopes they wouldn't get in their way, and they also seemed to have gotten some humans. Seven to be exact. They looked to be in their mid to late twenties, and they seemed to be really muscular. Not muscular like me, but body builder muscular.

'They're gonna be tough to beat. I just need to steer clear of them and I might make it out alive.' I thought. I was about to go out but I was stopped when I felt someone pull my tail. i turned around and saw Natalie looking at me with teary eyes.

"Be careful, will ya?" she said.

"I will. I promise." I said as I gave her a reassuring smile earning gasps in the entire shop. I didn't pay them no mind as I felt Natalie let go of my tail, and I then slowly walked out of the shop and into the street.

"You will surrender and come with us." Midnight said, and my response was getting into a combative stance. "Fine be that way. Whom ever knocks him out first gets a juicy steak." she said I could see that all the humans eyes widened before they charged me. I jumped straight into the air and watched as they all ran into each other. When I hit the peak of my jump I angled myself so I would land on a few of the humans, but when I counted them I only saw four. 'Where the hell did the other three go?' I thought as I landed on two of them humans, both my feet hitting their heads with a snap. The next thing I heard was a scream and I recognized it to be Natalie.

"Natalie!!" I yelled as I looked towards the toy shop. I was about to run and stop them but something grabbed my tail and pulled on it, causing me to fall to the ground as my balance was disrupted. I didn't get the chance to get up as the two humans I didn't get started to stomp on me. It hurt like nothing I've felt before but I had to endure it to get Nate out safely. I promised her mom I'd keep her safe and happy, but I still failed at that. I watched in blurry eyes as they dragged by her arms over to us as she kicked her legs. She managed to kick the human walking behind her in the shin, and his response was to punch her in the face. After that I saw here form go limp, and I started to think the worst had happened.

"Why do you not use you powers young one?" asked a voice inside my head. I couldn't tell if it was male or female but I wanted answers.

'W-who are you?' I thought.

"That my dear boy isn't important. What is, is saving your cousin. Now answer the question, why don't you use your magic?" it asked again.

'Because I don't want to harm anyone.' I answered.

"But if not harming others is causing the end to your life, why not hurt others?"

'Because I promise Natalie I wouldn't.'

"But keeping this promise to her led her to her death. What do you think about that?"

'What gives you the right to say that!?' I yelled in my mind as I felt the human's stomps coming down harder.

"Well my dear Cole, the right that allows me to say this is because I am you." it said.

'What do you mean?' I asked in fear and pain as the humans kept stomping me, but something was different. Time around me had slowed down.

"Im the anger that you have bottled up for so long. All those kids making fun of you, bullying you. That anger is what started me, but your magic is what gave me life or allowed me to manifest into a mental form." my anger said.

'Well what do you want?' I asked.

"Nothing much. I just want to kill these humans and get Natalie back. Remember I AM you, just more violent. All I need you to do is to give me control of your body." he said.

'Fine. Just don't hurt anyone else.' I thought as I let go and gave him control.


Location:Canterlot Castle
Perspective: Celestia
Time: 2:23 pm


Dear Princess Celestia,
Today me and my first lieutenant Private Iron Shield investigated the disturbance that you asked us to look into, and we found two humans in a clearing about a hundred and fifty hooves away from the initial magical disturbance. When we arrived on scene there wasn't anything out of the ordinary but we found a set of unfamiliar tracks leading away from the interference and into the clearing I mentioned earlier. I have a bad feeling about this and these humans as they are completely different from other humans. They have animal ears and tails, and they might have other differences. We will have them transported to Canterlot three days from now on the Friendship Express. I request a squad of guards and a small pack of three humans, max. I have no ideas if others will want them or not but I don't want to be careless. That is all I had to write about and I look forward to seeing you in three days to catch up since I have been stationed here in Ponyville.
Sincerely,
Captain Strict Service

I had been vigilant ever since my guard captain told me that the train that held the two special humans that Captain Strict Service had told me about not three days ago was under attack. I had sent my best guards to the station to try and apprehend the individuals crazy enough to attack a royal convey. The worst part was that there were ponies on board that train as well and they were being used as hostages. I had been in Twilight's private classroom I set up for her when a guard came in and told me that the train was being attacked by griffins. It shocked me that they would pull this, but I'd have a word with Steelclaw about this issue. I dismissed Twilight's lesson for today and asked her to go play, but she insisted on following me. So there we stood on the balcony that looked over canterlot and the rest of Equestria.

I had witnessed all that had happened since the events started, form the train coming into sight to it tipping over and ramming into the rock wall, next to the tunnel that leads down the mountain, before exploding. Then to seeing a small human carrying a smaller one jumping unto a house next to the train station to it running around and then going invisible. That shocked me as I didn't know there was a unicorn helping him. I then used my magic as I tried to find him but I didn't have to when something shot out of an alleyway close to the castle and into the Toy Boxes's toy store that was across the street. I thought the human would have been dead but to my shock I saw him come out of the shop and I didn't get what that one unicorn said but if the combat stance the human went to I'd hazard a guess and saw he was refusing to go.

"Princess Celestia what's going on?" I heard Twilight ask.

"Well my dear Twilight, we had found some unique humans a few days ago and they were meant to come to Canterlot and go to HASA, but the griffins attacked and tried to take them. Now Im guessing the male one is trying to make sure he and his mate stay out of reach of us." I said. Twilight gave me a nod and when we turned back the male human was being stomped repeatedly causing me to let out a small gasp. After half a minute I saw the boy's mane grow longer, and I watched as he grabbed a hold of one of his attackers legs and squeezed hard. I could hear the human's bone snap from here as it let out a howl of pain. The male then pushed his arm forward causing the other to lose balance and fall on the ground. The other stomping human had stopped and backed off a little, but then came back and looked like he was about to attack. Though before he could I watched as the boy planted his hands on the ground and bucked his legs back. The result was that the attacking human was sent a few yards back.

"GET HER OUT OF HERE! GO!" I heard somepony yell. When I looked I saw it was the same unicorn from before that was talking to the boy. I then looked to who she was talking to and saw a pair of griffins grabbing the female and watched as they started to fly away. This caused me to snap to attention.

"GUARDS! Stop those griffins and capture that group of guards!" I yelled. When I looked back down there I saw the boy kicking the human males back looking up at the griffins that were carrying his mate.

"GIVE HER BACK!" he yelled shocking everypony in earshot, even myself. He then began running forward and dodging a few unicorns before jumping high into the air.

"Princess I didn't know humans could do that." Twilight said.

"They can't..." I mumbled. I then watched him soar through the air before latching onto one of the griffin's wings. He then twirled around the wing before grabbing his mate and kicking the other griffin right in the beak. I was too shocked to say or do anything after what I just witnessed, so I promptly past out.


Location:Canterlot Main street
Perspective: Cole
Time: 2:50 pm


"You can have control back now." he said right as he kicked the other griffin in the beak. I grabbed onto Natalie for dear life as I started to plummet to the ground. When I landed I kicked up a large dust cloud that was dismissed a few seconds later. The ponies that were around me were giving me shocked looks, which really bothered me for some reason.

"The hell are you lot looking at?" I asked with a harsh tone. I then looked down to Natalie and placed my ear on her chest. I could hear the 'thumps' of her heart, to which I sighed in relief. I then heard foot steps behind me and I turned around to see a human running up at me. I really didn't have time for this, so when he got close enough I pushed forward as I placed a hand around his neck. This caught him off balance and allowed me to push him down and slam him into the ground, cracking his windpipe and killing him. I then turned around and picked Natalie's body up before running away before jumping away from this town and started to head towards the forest in the distance.

Author's Note:

Hey guys and gals, here's the next part of Animals. Now I won't be working on this as often as I need to continue Off Course so I can do this thing with a friend when he's ready. Im already behind on it and need to catch up. I really hope you guys enjoy this and continue to read it when some thing new comes out.

For the gamers that have and are still reading my story here goes a video about the game and stuff that you may not know.
This game Im SOO hyped about and I now when its coming out is Dishonored 2. It will come to stores on November 11, 2016. I hope you guys enjoyed that snidbit of info and I'll catch you guys next time in 'Chapter 3: Sweet Dreams Young One'.

PEACE!!

Edit: 6/10/16
I forgot to add the letter that was sent to Celestia, so I placed it right as the perspective changed to her pov.