• Published 3rd Aug 2015
  • 6,549 Views, 53 Comments

A Drive to Survive - rainbowPOOTIS



Displaced. Being a 65 millon year old, ressurected, cyborg insect with a cannon on your back, and an AI in your head, sucks ass.

  • ...
23
 53
 6,549

Loading...

>Energy fluctuation detected, loading primary intelligence... Done.

I could feel my stoney prison beginning to crack, the faintest of sounds reaching my audio receptors.

"Its not like its still alive after so long, right?"

Oh, they where in for a surprise. being over 90%machine, made me all but ageless, and simply being able to 'shut down' saved me from insanity.

I flexed my servos, causing the stone to crumble from my body, finally allowing me to see, my chromatic red body reflecting the sunlight.

>Drive loaded. Four subroutines detected.

Looking about, I saw guards surrounding me from every which way, spears pointed at me, and several pyrokinetic spells at the ready.

"surrender now... thing, and this can end peacefully!" Looking towards the sound of the voice, I saw it was indeed Shining Armor.

'Load combat routine:Non lethal.'

"I can't let you do that, Shining." The rumbling bass of my synthesized voice, combined with my expressionless face unnerved these guards greatly, even as I sharpened my claws against each other.

>Loaded.

In hindsight, blowing up everything I could because I was enraged from having been thrown into an alternate dimension, wasn't the brightest of ideas. The Princesses where justified in blasting me alongside Discord.

'Load Shock.Exe.'

"As If we would simply let you run amok again! Seize that creature!"

>Loaded.

I hunched over, aiming my cannon at the gathered guards, and and begun charging up. Within a second, it was ready, and I fired it. With the shock drive loaded, and the non-lethal routines active, the effect was similar to a Thunder Wave, except more wide spread, instead of the destructive blast of energy Techno Blast was usually like. Shining was the only one quick enough to bring up a shield in time to block it, as I swept about to catch the guards behind me in the arcing storm of electricity. With only Shining left, I turned back towards him,watching as his mask of bravery begun to crack.

Diverting the majority of my power to my legs for a brief second, I lunged forward faster then the eye could follow, breaking through Shining's hastily raised shield with powerful Extremespeed attack. I was rather surprised when he managed to recover from that blow, when it should have been enough to knock out a pegasus or unicorn. Using that surprise to his advantage, He telekinetically threw me off, before launching a fireball at me. Fire was not something I could handle, it being my only weakness, and a big one at that. Swiftly sidestepping it, I still cringed at the heat, feeling my temperature raise just from being near it. Gathering energy, I fired off a Flash Cannon, and charged, reaching him while he was still recovering from the blow.

*Crunch!* And delivered a devastating headbutt, holding back just enough to avoid caving in or cracking his skull, causing him to slump to the ground, unconscious. With him dealt with, I quickly shifted into my more aerodynamic high speed form, launching off towards the Everfree. Flight was still as thrilling as ever, the feeling of having unrestricted three dimensional movement an unforgettable feeling. Soaring over a much less dense part of the forest, I landed, unfolding at impacting the ground, kicking up leaves. This was the area I went on a Flamethrower spree.

There should be a cliff face around here someplace, assuming it hasn-

I fell, having walked right off the edge of said cliff. I quickly drove my steel hard claws into the side of the rock wall, slowing my decent. Coming to a halt, I looked around. The trees hanging over the edge of the cliff provided cover from being seen, the raging rapids below made foot approach difficult... This was perfect. Beginning a series of Rock Smash attacks, I begun carving out a place I could come back to rest.


*a few hours later.*

Dig-dig a tunnel~ I had found a rythem, crushing rock with my steel hard claws, and had begun singing that one song from the Lion King in my head, as it was the most fitting thing I could think of. Stopping, I looked around the cavern I had created, and decided it was large enough. Now I could deal with that ungodly tough bolder I had to dig around. walking around so that the bolder was between me, and the exit, I hunched down, pointing my cannon at it, and begun charging energy. within three seconds, it was ready, and I fired off a Hyper Beam, blowing the rock to smithereens, the beam continuing out through the exit. Taking a moment to rest, I had finally made myself a retreat.

Now what would I do? I was effectively a wanted criminal, having caused so much destruction in my blind fury upon arriving here, hat the Princesses though petrification was the only option. I'm thankful I managed to avoid killing anypony when I broke free, but that wouldn't help me very much.


*A thousand years ago.*

"Goddamnit!" I cried as I fired off another Hyper Beam at a statue.

*boom!*

"I didn't WANT to come here!"

*boom!*

"Or look like this!"

*Boom!*

"Now who might this chaotic little monstrosity be?" Whirling around, I came face to face with Discord.

"None of your business!" I tried to nail him with a Flash Cannon, but the smart ass held up a mirror and it bounced off.

"My my, Someones violent." I felt my head twitch slightly, my vision turning red.

>Target appears physically weak, diverting extra power to servos.

"Screw. You." I used Extreamspeed, to leap at him and deliver a blow with Iron Head. Which, to my surprise, actually managed to connect, fling the incarnation of chaos a couple dozen feet back.

Wait, the little voice in my head said that he appeared weaker physically, and was diverting power to servos... Was that how my Download ability worked?


*present* I sighed again. getting into a fight with Discord, did not help my image either, considering the amount of carnage I caused. I need to stop dwelling on theses things...