• Published 14th Aug 2015
  • 2,878 Views, 5 Comments

Equation - Spider8ite



Sonata says she’s having issues with maths and Adagio decides to help. But Sonata can’t simply pay attention to what Adagio says for VERY good reasons.

  • ...
3
 5
 2,878

You're not a taco, but I like you a lot~

Sonata let out a grunt one more time, she had been there for ten minutes doing that and the last equation wasn’t cooperating with her. Actually, she'd been having issues with maths since some weeks ago. She could only blame herself for joking around so much with Sugar Belle and doing silly things instead of paying attention to what Professor Discord was saying. She wanted to, even if it was boring. At least Discord plays around with us and he’s not like Starlight… Wanting to make the entire class be silent.

She blamed those seven girls back at Canterlot High for sending her to another school and making her grades go down, forcing them to live in another place. Any time they saw someone from that stupid school they had to hear something from them. It was so ridiculous… Sonata sighed, scratching her head and moaning unsatisfied. But there was that thing.

Sonata blamed herself for paying more attention to the “landscape”, but it wasn’t a landscape at all.

She couldn’t stop doing it.

But she also had another person to blame...She blamed her. Sonata couldn’t stop looking at her; she was so beautiful. But Sonata knew she was way too silly for that girl. Yeah, I am, but… I could take her to Taco Bell and have a date and she would love it and then I would give her flowers and- Sonata bit her lip and blushed, See? You’re doin’ it again! Forget about it and just do this, Sonata shouted to herself in her mind. It would be better if she focused on what she was doing.

She stopped thinking about it and began to work once more, trying to solve the last equation. She murmured things to herself while she did it, thinking out loud.

Meanwhile, Adagio was lying on the couch watching some random movie, trying to not fall asleep from boredom. Actually, she wasn’t going to sleep, not when Sonata kept murmuring to herself what to do and not to do. That was irritating her so much, and she had anything better to do. Aria was out doing something with a friend anyways so she couldn’t just pass her time with Aria, which consisted of pinpricks between them talking about nothing important.

Not that Adagio didn’t like to do that with Sonata too, she did. But since the Battle of the Bands and changing school, — they couldn’t simply stay there after everything that happened — Sonata had been acting weird around her. She would always stop and look at her for minutes straight when she could and when she thought Adagio wasn’t looking, but she was. And she was also more dreamy than ever. Yes, Sonata had been dreamy since always, but she was even more so. No one thought it was possible, but she was.

Aria had said she was drawing hearts over a sheet of paper… It was kind of pathetic in a lot of ways, Adagio had to admit. It was like a lovestruck twelve year old. Poor Sonata, she had never been in love.

A little smile appeared through Adagio’s lips. She’s probably in love with that idiot guy… What was his name again? Brad? She’s always hanging out with him... Meh, it doesn’t matter. That silly idiot would never be in love with me, even if I’m so good. Maybe she’s with Aria, they’re perfect for each other: Two idiots dating and being the perfect couple. I could ship it, she chuckled.

In the kitchen Sonata let out a little “yay!” when she finished everything, but then she widened her eyes when she saw there was still another page to complete. Sonata facepalmed and continued to try to get her stuff done.

Adagio sat on the couch looking at the girl for some time. She shook her head and rolled her eyes getting up and turning off the TV, walking to the kitchen and sitting in the chair at Sonata’s side, who was so into what she was doing she jumped a little when she saw her. Adagio had a look of indifference, but soon smirked, “You’re afraid? I’m not that bad, you know.”

Sonata let out a ‘tsk’. “No I’m just… I didn’t see you there, Dagi. So…” she leaned her elbow on the table trying to avoid looking at Adagio and do her things, “You’re not gonna watch that show about that man who travels in time or something? I thought it was very important, more than us.”

“Meh, it’s on hiatus for now. And besides…” Adagio stared at her, “You're not gonna let me have peace until you get that stupid stuff done. So I decided to have mercy on your soul and help you with it,” she started laughing at the mercy part. She knew she could be bad, but nothing was more important than her idiots. Even if they were stupid. “I heard you murmuring stuff and complaining and I simply can’t take it anymore. I could be sleeping, but I’m here. So consider this a miracle, and you can thank me later.”

“Really? You're gonna help me, Dagi?” Sonata asked with excitement and Adagio nodded indifferently. She clapped and leaned in to give Adagio a hug that lasted a little longer than Adagio liked, making her pull away from Sonata.

“I think a thanks is already okay… I haven’t saved the world to get hugged like that,” Adagio said through her teeth, looking away. That was kind of good actually. Meh…

“Nah, you deserve more, Dagi!” Sonata said and then her eyes lit up, “Oh Oh Oh! I know what to do! We could go to Taco Bell together after this. After all, it’s… Tuuuesday,” She said looking with a puppy face at Adagio who scratched her head, pretending to be thinking. “I’ll pay for it,” Sonata completed.

Adagio smiled. “Sure. At least I won’t be bored there. But now let’s get this done before I throw it in the fire,” she coughed, “Okay so here we have a simple equation. I copy from those nerds in front of me, but at least I study it, so this is easy. We get number 18x and we-” Adagio began to explain. Meanwhile, Sonata couldn’t even listen; just looking at her, paying attention to every detail of her.

Sonata just let it look too obvious: Adagio had been her crush since they moved. When she realized that this feeling in her heart of being more happy when she was around Adagio — liking to hear her voice, being amazed to see how she was so… dazzling — was normal and she discovered she was in love.

Sonata found that so funny; knowing Dagi for so long and only realizing she was so beautiful now. She could admit she was sooo stupid for that, how could a person think she wasn’t amazing? In all ways. Her voice, her eyes, her style, her body, everything. And Dagi’s hair, Sonata let out a little silly smile, Heh I wish I could make it my pillow, it’s so fluffy.

“Now, the result.” Finally Sonata shook her head, hearing Adagio’s voice.

“What?” she scratched her head. She wasn’t really hearing Adagio before… She wanted to faceplant into the table right now.

Adagio rolled her eyes, “The result. What’s it? I literally explained everything and I’m like a nerd right now, so…?”

Sonata played with her fingers looking down, but then she grinned at Adagio. “Eh… hehe… 42?”

The other girl face palmed and looked at Sonata with a mad face, “Really? It’s 45. Almost got it actually. But weren’t you listening?” Adagio threw her hands in the air. Sonata shook her head. “You… Garg!” she moaned, covering her face with her hands.

“Are you mad at me?” Sonata asked innocently. Actually, she liked to see Adagio mad, it was funny.

Adagio grimaced at her, “No. Yeah yeah okay… more or less. But that’s not the point. The point is… why have you been like that lately? This is annoying. Every time you just stop and stare at me like a dumb lovestruck twelve year old!” Wow, I’m so obvious! Sonata shrugged. “What’s up with you?”

“Oh about that…” Sonata bit her lip. “It’s nothing. I… I’m just tired and I-” Sonata tried to find an excuse, but she actually found a truth. She lowered her head, “I miss home. I miss Equestria. I miss living in the sea as a true siren, singing our melodies…”

Adagio blinked a few times. She had already talked about it with Aria, it was different. She never showed how she really felt about it. Adagio missed home, even if that idiot purple princess or Sunbutt was there, she still wanted to go back. She missed the sea and singing, it felt so good. Adagio sighed and put a hand on Sonata’s shoulder, making her look up.

“You can be a stupid silly idiot, but I've got to admit I miss home too. And maybe we can go back… If I find a way that is. But you can’t simply be like that because of home,” Adagio straightened her up in the chair. “It’s bad I know, but what’s in the past is in the past…” Unless it's that stupid Battle of Bands, ugh if I went back to that school… “So let’s get this stuff done."

Sonata smiled brightly. “Wow look, the cold-hearted Adagio opening herself up to me.”

Adagio gave her a small punch on the shoulder, “Don’t tell Aria. If you do I’m gonna kill you.” She had to stay strong in front of Aria after all, show who was the leader.

Sonata laughed, she loved how Adagio was such a boastful leader. “Okie dokie lokie. So the plan to go to Taco Bell is still up?”

“If you pay it, yes.”

“Of course I will!”

“Okay, let’s get this over with.” As soon as Adagio said that they went back to the paper, Sonata paying attention to her. Occasionally admiring her.

Adagio could see it, but she didn’t care. Maybe it was just a little passion. A phase. It was complicated to understand. Was it really true? If it was, Sonata wasn't going to say it. Not now a least, because this was more complicated than an equation. But at least with an equation she had help.

Adagio was an equation she would solve later.

As soon as they finished Adagio sighed. “So…” she got up, “Let’s go.”

Sonata stood excited, she was finally done. “Yay! Let’s go! Just lemme get ready, Dagi!”

Later…

Adagio and Sonata sat in one of the many tables there, Sonata eating her so precious taco while looking through the glass window, seeing if Aria had already arrived, since Adagio texted her to come.

“Oh, there’s that dumbass,” Adagio smiled at her new nickname.

Sonata smiled a little before going to get another bite. But she actually dropped the taco down onto the plate when she saw Aria coming in. Her eyes went bright, her jaw almost dropped from the beauty. How Aria moved her hips walking into the place, looking at her eyes, serious, confident, almost a leader…

Sonata had just realized a thing she never ever had thought of before.

What is… Wait… I like her.

Sonata widened her eyes.

Hold on a minute… Oh no! SONATA. Sonata screamed mentally. There she went again. Why couldn’t this be a little simpler than an equation?

Author's Note:

Yadda yadda, here's my entry. Really this ending... I like it. Actually I love it. Sonata confused about love is best Sonata. But let's talk serious now: GET BOTH OF THEM. Sirencest is my sin :3 So I hope you liked it! Peace out!

Thanks to Exterminate for the help. Give Exterminate hugs!

Comments ( 5 )

After being offline for a few days, this was a good thing to see. Awesome work Cam! :pinkiehappy:

You’re not gonna watch that show about that man who travels in time or something?

Everybody loves the mad man in the big blue box. :rainbowwild:

6321553 He isn't brilliant.

HE'S FANTASTIC! :D

She blamed those seven girls back at Canterlot High for sending her to another school and making her grades go down, forcing them to live in another place. Any time they saw someone from that stupid school they had to hear something from them. It was so ridiculous… Sonata sighed, scratching her head and moaning unsatisfied. But there was that thing.

You deserve it for what you and your sisters have done! 😠

“Really? You're gonna help me, Dagi?” Sonata asked with excitement and Adagio nodded indifferently. She clapped and leaned in to give Adagio a hug that lasted a little longer than Adagio liked, making her pull away from Sonata.

Huh, never thought she had it in herself to be nice. :ajsmug:

“You can be a stupid silly idiot, but I've got to admit I miss home too. And maybe we can go back… If I find a way that is. But you can’t simply be like that because of home,” Adagio straightened her up in the chair. “It’s bad I know, but what’s in the past is in the past…” Unless it's that stupid Battle of Bands, ugh if I went back to that school… “So let’s get this stuff done."

Like that's gonna happen. :ajbemused:

Sonata laughed, she loved how Adagio was such a boastful leader. “Okie dokie lokie. So the plan to go to Taco Bell is still up?”

That's pinkie's line! :twilightangry2::pinkiesad2:

Login or register to comment