• Published 2nd Aug 2015
  • 547 Views, 7 Comments

Equestria's Cahill Files - RowanSkie



Every famous pony is related to each other. Including the Main Six. [Crossover with 39 Clues]

  • ...
 7
 547

I - Naming the Ranks [Intervention]

If Twilight Sparkle was to rate her forced betrayal to Starlight Glimmer due to the magic of friendship, it would ruin her internal reputation as the third Lucian Princess. However, the effect was only little due to her external reputation as the Princess of Friendship, causing major of the Lucians to think that she could unite all Cahills.

If she could unite all Cahills... isn’t having her friends not Lucians enough?


Applejack looked over Rainbow Dash’s cloud home before retiring into her room. If she wasn’t a Tomas herself, she should’ve... done something against her. But no, they’re both Tomas.

The Apple clan explored lands before they settled in Ponyville, something Applejack wondered. Does that mean they were born explorers, not apple farmers? Thinking about it, she had asked about this once. She got her answer by her strength it seemed. As for her heritage—

Knock. Knock.

“It’s open,” Applejack muttered out, and a cyan pony opened the door.

“Say, how much can you tell from a very distant relative under 1 minute?” Rainbow Dash asked, looking quite tired.

Applejack looked up as she thought for an answer. “Probably the basics,” she concluded. “Why ya ask?”

“Probably because of Derpy being...” Rainbow went closer. “Tomas of all branches...”

“What?” Applejack faked a laugh. “I don’t see her having somethin’ similar to a typical Tomas.”

“She wanders off a lot,” Dash excused, “especially in the Everfree Forest, even managing to pass the border we set for non-Tomas.”

Everfree Forest, the Tomas Stronghold of the Earth Ponies. Created by forcing unicorns to make an unstable forest. Applejack could only think of the things Derpy might’ve known...


Pinkie Pie looked at the window right near her bed as she reordered her bedroom again to accommodate her new set of styles. After staring outside towards a lit window of the Apple barn and in Twilight’s castle, she decided to write a letter for her parents, both Ekaterinas who control their rock farm/Ekat stronghold. It was a nice disguise considering her father’s talent included mining for different kinds of rocks and because of his knowledge of rocks helped Equestria to choose the correct rocks for houses.

As she wrote, she took another peek outside only to find her sister in a rock-camouflage spying at her, waving. She waved back of course. Pinkie went back and finished her letter and ending it up with her usual “And that’s how Equestria was made” line. On normal ponies, it was just another random thing Pinkie made up for fun, but for the Cahills, they themselves founded Equestria after moving from Cahill Island, Ponylandia. Time passed to forget such thing, and only she remembers it.

Well, all the Ekats remember it actually, they only don’t tell the real truth to decrease panic. Star Swirl the Bearded even tested it out himself what would happen if the public learned about the truth, only causing mass panic and a declaration of war against the Lucians, which Pinkie still avoided. Reason, random.


The Next Day...


Rarity woke up staring at a letter. She sat and read the letter. At once, she immediately came downwards into the lobby and set up shop. Seeing that the shop was ready, she went back to her room and looked at the letter again. She lit up her horn, levitated the letter against the window and read the secret text within the letter.

"'Rarity Belle,'" she began. "'One of our Janus allies will arrive at your shop to talk about our next move.'"

'Next move to what?' she thought before continuing. "'Octavia Philharmonia and Lyra Heartstrings will come and talk about it. If you reject their offer, I'm setting you as an inactive Janus.' Well, at least I won't get anymore family-related issues if I rejected."

Her words got herself thinking, what was the last time she took part in such issues? When her great-grandmother died, and she joined a hunt for the 39 clues? That was 5 years ago, and thinking about it, Twilight was there, competing against her.

As a major realization struck like a spike to her chest, Rarity madly dashed towards her closet and pulled out a briefcase. She opened it, looked around, and stared at the five boxes inside of it.

The 39 Clues.

As soon as she heard knocking, she quickly closed and hid the briefcase then came down towards the door and smiled as her musician friends, Octavia and Lyra Heartstrings, entered the boutique.


"Um... please don't tell me Rarity has all 39 clues hidden in her room," Fluttershy hypothesised.

Her mother frowned. "I'm afraid that's true, dearie."

Fluttershy looked at her before sighing. "... I promised myself not to attack anypony, especially my friends..."

"You need to get 1/20 of each ingredient," her mother reminded, "besides, she can't make the serum without the formula which we have, right?"

"Yeah, but you know Rarity–" She silenced herself after realizing who she was talking to. "Sorry mom."

"It's okay," she replied. "How's Angel Bunny?"

Shocked at the sudden change of subject, Fluttershy instinctively jumped but quickly took hold of herself. "He's doing fine, mother."

"Keep him safe until he's ready," her mother noted. "I'm going to write me some adventure stories for you. Do you even read them?"

Fluttershy gulped. "I have read a few..."

"Oh, that counts. Bye!" Her mother then flew off.

Fluttershy waited for her mother before she was out of sight before letting out a scream of joy. The others wouldn't believe about the most shy mare being related into the greatest adventurer/writer after all, so she checked on Angel Bunny who was looking at them during the conversation. Fluttershy smiled before realizing that Rainbow Dash was supposed to meet with her at the picnic grounds. Oops.


At the picnic grounds, Rainbow Dash was about to leave until Fluttershy arrived panting. The cyan pegasus immediately saw something suspicious about Fluttershy but quickly dismissed it, knowing she's shy enough not to do anything wrong. Suddenly, Fluttershy gave Rainbow Dash a note and immediately left, muttering "sorry" as she goes. The pony left on the grounds read the note, and looked at where Fluttershy went, eye twitching in betrayal.

"Fluttershy..." Rainbow Dash flew towards somewhere as she left the letter on the picnic grounds for her other friends to read.

YOU DON'T KNOW.

WHAT THIS mEANS.

BACKYARD AT MY HOUSE, R3STRICTED AREA 9 NOW.

-DD/FS/SS

PS: Be Kind To Knock

What she didn't recognize was the small M which meant something Dash doesn't know, but Twilight did as she picked up the letter and read it. Rarity, who also noticed the small M, immediately headed back to Boutique to do something else. What they also missed was the second message which were the numbers 3 and 9, which was also the reason Rarity went off. Rarity knew that a Madrigal pony wanted to destroy all evidences. She hoped it wasn't Fluttershy or else everything would be destroyed, and the foundation of their friendship is ruined.


"Who would use SS as their nickname?" Twilight wondered as a hologram of Princess Celestia flickered in front of her.

"Maybe somepony who know a lot about Starswirl the Bearded," Celestia replied. "For some odd reason he's not showing up in our files, I thought he was a Lucian."

"I thought he was an Ekat," Twilight objected, "much like my parents are."

"Aren't you too, then?" Celestia teased.

Twilight rolled her eyes in response. "Very funny and subtle, princess. Although it makes me wonder if I was an Ekat..."

"No exclusive studies from me," Celestia joked again.

Twilight rolled her eyes again before they both cackled into small humble laughter. They quickly stopped as the hologram disappeared and somepony with a mask entered her room. She looked around and searched for something, leaving everything in a mass. Twilight blinked and facehooved. That was the fifth time in the week for the mysterious pony to do it with her belongings. She would have to capture that mysterious pony—

"Umpf!"

Twilight looked at the mysterious pony who just tripped from one of her pencils, revealing yellow fur. Twilight went closer and removed the mask, to reveal the kindest of the kind faces of all of Ponyville has.

"You!?"


Fluttershy looked on the ground in shame as her five friends faced her, mad, confused, and upset. As they threw her questions, she could only think of the clues. The clues. Fluttershy smirked and whistled, causing them to stop.

“What are you doing?” Twilight demanded. “Who really are you!?”

“I’m Fluttershy,” she whispers.

“We’re going through this again, huh?” Dash asked. “There must be a reason why she did that.”

Fluttershy looked at Rainbow Dash, her smirk condensed into an innocent smile. “There was.”

“See?” Rainbow Dash looked at Fluttershy. “Why were you doing that?”

I need Queen Kahill now, she thought. “I got lost, and I was wearing that ninja suit.”

“Why were you searching for something then?” Twilight pointed out.

Fluttershy kept smiling and made a fake oh sound. “I must’ve been on the wrong house.”

“Well, that makes sense,” Twilight concluded.

They all walked away until Rarity raised a note, causing Fluttershy to wince.

“How about this note?” Rarity began. “Why are there numbers and a uncapitalized letter on it?”

“Th-there is!?” Fluttershy took the note and looked at it. “I don’t see anything suspicious about this.”

It was the Janus pony’s time to smirk. “How come, darling?”

Buck. I’m screwed. “this isn’t my note, I must’ve switched it with another note,” Fluttershy lied.

Rainbow Dash, who first read the note, stood up to protect Fluttershy by saying, “Yes, she did! We were s-supposed to meet at your house afterwards, right Flutters?”

“Y-yes, right.” Phew. “I’m going home now,” she replied, taking the note and headed towards her cottage.

As they all headed back home, Fluttershy kept thinking about how she was nearly spotted by her friends, how Rainbow Dash helped not blow her cover, how Rarity almost blew her cover, and how Twilight Sparkle and the rest was confused. She also noticed her back-up crew, a set of animal-understanding changelings under control of Madrigal changeling queen Kahill, didn’t act fast or so she thought since there was a changeling disguised at her in her cottage. The changeling looked up towards Fluttershy and quickly buzzed off. Fluttershy sighed in relief as she went towards her bed and flopped on it.

Taking a very old Daring Do book named “Daring Do and the Secret Stronghold” from a shelf near her, she began to read the book while keeping in mind the writings that her mother wrote. One of them, written in six ink colors which reminded her of, well, friends. As she passed it, she noticed something with it and flipped it back to the page where she saw it.

Page 39.

She carefully began to read the six-inked writing while trying to analyze what it meant.

One, ever loyal to her allies.

Two, as kind as gentle as her eyes.

Three, forever generous to everypony he sees.

Four, sharing laughter by counts of trees.

Five, honest as forever free.

Six, leading the party with friendship at above.

EoH = 39 Clues = Influential Ponies of All Time

Flutter blinked. Does that mean that...?

“Oh. My,” she muttered.