• Published 4th Dec 2015
  • 2,445 Views, 99 Comments

The New StalLi-Ion - Twilight_the_spy



Sylvester, a big-time computer geek, lands in an alien world, at first he's excited, because, well, ALIENS, but then he notices something scary... They don't know what a computer is. Well, that and the shadow that's been following him.

  • ...
12
 99
 2,445

A happy Chryssy is a crazy Chryssy. (3) (REWRITTEN)

As I stepped out of the cave into the bright, orange sunlight, the first thing I noticed was that the clearing the cave was next to looked like it had been used a lot. The grass was trampled in many areas, and in some areas, the grass had completely disappeared, leaving behind a sand-colored, dry dirt. It looks like this thing has been living here for a while... At all edges of the clearing were just large trees, with a good amount of spacing in between each tree. I'd say it was a large enough gap to fit a quad.

I looked over to the Fugfly, who was prancing around a little, "So what are you, and what is your name? I've just been calling you a Fugfly in my head--don't ask."

She looked a little deflated after I asked the question, it seemed she was waiting for this question to surface, and she dreaded it.

"Well... My name is ..." She paused for a moment, deciding whether or not to tell the truth. She took on a look of determination and continued, "...Chrysalis, and I'm a Changeling." She looked at me hopefully, dreading that she would get rejected for telling the truth.

"Well, I've never heard of a Changeling before, but it's not the weirdest thing I've ever heard of. I guess it's good." The Fugfly, now dubbed Chrysalis, visibly brightened after hearing that she had been accepted. She jumped over to me and hugged me.

Wait, does this make us friends? She doesn't even know my name...

Though I guess I should fix that.

I pushed myself out of the awkwardly long hug, and looked over to her, "Well, my name is Silver, and I'm a Pegasus." Woah, I wanted to say 'Sylvester,' but it slid out as Silver. Why did that happen? Letting the name change slip go, I outstretched a hand... Front foot? Front hoof...? ...and held it in front of me like I wanted a hand shake (Do Changelings do handshakes? Do Pegasi do handshakes? I guess I'll find out now.)

Chrysalis looked at my outstretched hoof and slowly lifted one of hers up, and touched mine. Then she slowly shook it, as if it were her first time doing such a thing.

Truthfully, it was her first time doing such a thing. Most, if not all, ponies would run away from her when she was in her true form. Knowing that a pony knew about her true form and that said pony had offered a friendly gesture--it was the weirdest feeling she had ever felt. Acceptance, it was new to her, and she knew it would only grow within her. Maybe even turn into something else.

Feeling confident, Chrysalis asked me, "So... Where do you live, anyways? We'll have to plan a train when we get to Ponyville to get to where you are staying."

I looked at her and chuckled, "Oh, we won't need a train, Ponyville is where I'm staying."

"Oh."

"Yeah. Would you like to lead me there? I kinda... uhm... Got lost in these woods." I said, trying to sound convincing. It was actually pretty easy to say that without lying, because I actually was lost in the woods.

She shot off in a seemingly random direction and quickly yelled, "Yeahthisway!"

I stood up and began to chase after her, "Hey! Wait up!"

A distant call was heard, "Only if you can catch me--I'm too excited to slow down!"I guess it's time to find out how good these legs work on this body...


Turns out, these legs are really good for jogging, and I guess I have an increased stamina in this body, 'cuz I ran for like, thirty minutes longer than I normally would be able to and probably could have ran longer still, but I caught up to Chrysalis.

I think she slowed down for me, because she ran at a much faster pace. I guess she thought she was too far ahead of me or something. Now we were just walking, and had been for a little while now. Of course I was starting to get bored, because everywhere I looked was the same.

Oh look a tree.

Hey a tree.

Ooh tree.

Tree.

Tree.

Tree.

Though I should have guessed, this is a forest, after all. Except now that my boredom had taken hold, it would not go away.

"Are we there yet?"

"Oh for-- NO!"

"Eheheh... Are you sure?"

"NO!"

"So your not sure that we're not almost there yet?"

"That's not what I--"

"You said it."

"Yes, but I thought you asked 'Are we there yet?' again. Ugh, you are infuriating!"

"Aww, I thought we were friends?"

"Yes we are, I'm sor--STOP PLAYING MIND GAMES!"

I finally conceded, lowering my head, but laughing at the same time, "Sorry, I was just bored and wanted to see how far I could push you."

As she walked, Chrysalis turned her head and glared at me. She opened her mouth to probably reprimand me, but then before she could, she crashed into a tree.

"Looks like you should keep your eyes focused on where you're going instead of my handsome body." Me - 1, Chrysalis - 0.

Chrysalis quickly thought up a reception, "Ah, but the only reason I was so focused on you was because I was trying to see if my eyes would actually crack from staring at you, or if it was just a myth." Ouch, now we are tied one for one. Chrysalis got up from her impromptu resting place in front of the tree and started heading in the direction opposite of where we were headed before.

"Uhh. Chryssy? I think you are going the wrong way. We were headed this way before." I pointed my hoof in the direction we had been headed in while Chrysalis looked back at me with a confused set of eyes.

"Uh. Are you sure?"

"Yeah. We were walking this way before you decided to become a tree hugger." BOOM, BITCH, NOW IT'S TWO TO ONE!

"Ah, my brain must have cracked instead of my eyes when I stared at you then. Sorry, not much I can do about forgetting things because of your disturbing looks." And we are tied again.

Chrysalis did go in the right direction in the end.


"Hey guess what." Chrysalis called.

"What?" I teplied

Chrysalis hesitated, "...We're almost there... But that brings me to another important thing to discuss. I haven't told you something critical about my biology. Remember how I said I had replaced some ponies before?" Chrysalis didn't seem too happy about what she was going to say next.

I looked at her with a hint of fear; was she going to replace me?

"Uhh... Yeah." I replied slowly and cautiously.

Chrysalis looked away from me, "Well... I... Argh, screw it!"

Suddenly she burst into flames.

"WHAT THE FUCK? CHRYSALIS ARE YOU ALRIGHT?" I panicked, trying to blink the sudden light spots out of my eyes. When my eyes refocused, I saw a green coloured freaking UNICORN with a green mane and green eyes just staring at me. I grabbed the Unicorn, "What'd you do to Chrysalis?" I yelled, trying to look threatening (but ultimately failing).

The Unicorn backed away quickly, and stated, "Woah, Woah, calm down. I am Chrysalis... I can just shapeshift." Then she said in a quieter voice, "Please don't hate me."

There was a sudden flash of green flames and Chrysalis was back to herself again. Albeit she looked on the verge of tears, again. She still feared rejection, well, as long as she stays near me and doesn't try to replace me, she won't get rejected... Unless she asks me out on a date or something.

Definitely still in to humans...

My thoughts were completely opposite to her thoughts though. I looked over at her and smiled, then yelled, "That is so cool!"

Chrysalis looked at me with a mild happy expression, "Really?"

"Yeah! Can you change in to me?" I asked, hoping to see more of these awesomely inspiring flameshifter crazyness.

"I could, but I'm not going to."

My spirits were smashed faster rhan a bullet would smash through a beer bottle, "Party pooper."

Chrysalis looked back towards the direction we were headed, "There was a reason why I wanted to show you that. You know how I said that ponies tend to run away from me on first sight? Well, I'll have to take on a disguise in order to hide myself. Trouble is, I'm not very good at coming up with names."

I looked back at Chrysalis, confused, "How can someone who can shapeshift not know how to make up a name?" It made no sense. Wouldn't she be making up names like crazy to go with each of her forms?

Unless... She did say that she replaced 'ponies,' so... What if she actually just killed off these 'ponies' and then assumed their name and role, and looks? If this was the case, then it would explain why she can't think of good names, as all the was actually doing was just stealing names, which required little cognitive processing to do, thus causing no links to from between different names that she had made up herself.

Chrysalis looked a bit peeved, "Well. You see, I never went to naming school, yah freakin' scholar."

I recoiled away from her after that remark, "Woah, calm down, I'm not good at names either. I was just joking."

"Well, could you help me come up with a name? My disguises can never really look good without a name to start with. You probably could tell with that green Unicorn I turned into back there. It just ends up plain, and odd looking."

Well, that makes it harder. I kinda would rather have someone's looks to name, it'd be easier. This way I have to come up with a completely new name.

"Uhh... Melissa?"

"What? No! That doesn't even sound like a name." Yeah, fuck you too, my grandma's name is Melissa. It is so a name.

I suddenly and conveniently remembered a certsin mod loader for Minecraft. You probably know which one I'm talking about.

"Forge." I muttered

Chrysalis perked her ears towards me, "What was that?" She asked.

Would that be a pony name here? "Would Forge work?"

Chrysalis sat down and looked up into the air and said, "Yeah, that would work." Then she closed her eyes, and sat there for a moment, as if to meditate. I was about to ask her if she was okay when she suddenly stood up, and did her weird flash fire thing. The flames settled down to reveal a Unicorn with gray fur, blue eyes, and a mane of rusty orange with streaks of brown 'hair.' She also appeared to have a tattoo dyed into her fur on both sides of her butt.

Not that I was staring or anything. Still into human females.

Though I'll have to ask about that later. For all I know all of these 'Ponies' have them. I should also get a mirror to check myself out too.

"Well, now that I've got a disguise, I'll need a story This part I'm a bit better at, though I may take a few minutes." Chrysalis paused for a long moment, thinking.

She continued to sit there for a while, so I decided to wander around. I went and looked around this tree and that tree, but found nothing but more trees, more trees, and can you believe it? Trees.

Though I did see a squirrel, so I guess that was cool. Wasn't even afraid of me or anything. It just waltzed right on by me. I headed back when I heard Chrysalis call for me.

As soon as I got back to where Chrysalis was sitting, she began to ramble off a story to me, "Alright, so; I decided that, if it's okay with you, I could go with the back story of Forge Spark, your sister. I recently gained my Cutie Mark in forgery and am still trying to learn to master it. Is that okay with you?"

Chrysalis-now Forge-stood up as I nodded the affirmative. I had nothing to lose, anyways.

"Shall we get going, then?" she asked.

"Sure."


As the trees began to thin out, and I could begin to see objects that were distinctively not trees, Forge asked, "So, where do you even live, anyways?"

Without thinking, I replied, "Oh, the note said it'd be number seventeen on Third-Street, East."

Forge looked at me incredulously as she walked, "So you've never actually been to your own home before. Not even to see what it looked like before you bought it?"

Aw shit, not sure if Death will allow me to tell her that he is the one who got it for me... Gotta think of a way out of this.

"Err.. No." I replied, trying to act casual. Denial was a good excuse I guess. Let's hope she doesn't prod further.

"How do I know it's not gonna be some plotstorm piece of ponyfeathers set on top of a poo-pile?" I almost burst out laughing at her poor excuse for swearing, but managed to keep my cool... Barely. I may or may not have tripped, but I regained my balance quickly enough to make it look like I stumbled on a twig. I also mentally yelled at myself for hoping she wouldn't prod further.

My brain decided to relay the best excuse it could give, given the short timeframe it had to reply, "Eh. I won it. In a lottery. Yeah. They had pictures of it and all I had to do was bid five buc- uhh... A small amount of currency." Weeeee. Not suspicious at all. NOT.

"Wait, you can get houses in lotteries now?" She sound genuinely surprised.

So I guess I didn't do as bad as I thought. She's easier to convince than my dumb old grade seven teacher! "Yeah." Was all I ended up replying with. There was a little bit of an awkward silence after that as we continued heading in the direction of the houses that I could faintly see. The trees began to thin out much more and I was able to start to see some details. Mainly, they were shaped like houses from Earth. I was currently too far away to detect any other details. With the walk being held in silence, I had a bit of time to think to myself.

I wonder if they'll be modern, with, like, computers and stuff. Hell, it'd be great if the locals at least had electricity, but without human hands I don't really think they'd be able to forge tools they could grip. Or maybe they still can grip them, I remember I was able to pick up my saddlebags with my hooves, so why not tools?

So they could possibly have electricity, which is a nice thing. If they don't though, I will be deeply saddened.

Meh

On to another thing; are all these ponies just Pegasi, Unicorns and Changelings? Or are there more? Will they know I'm an alien? Do they have different customs I'm unaware of?

I began to panic, but panicked harder when I felt Forge's hoof touch my shoulder, "Hey Silver, whatever you are scared of, it'll be okay." She said in a soothing voice.

I looked to her and stopped my legs, causing her to almost trip over me, "Sorry. I'm just a bit... " I paused as I sought for the right word, "Overwhelmed."

Forge hugged me reassuringly, "Yes, moving away from home can be a difficult thing to do. Especially when you move far away." You have no idea, buddy. Forge took on a look of pain, and I knew that she must have been reliving some old, sad memory.

With renewed confidence, I looked up to see that, while I had been thinking, we had gotten exponentially closer to the town. We were now in a grassy area that lead up to a small trail that lead into the town. Once we got onto the trail, I saw that there was actually many different types of 'Ponies.' There were regular, horse-like (minus the color) ponies, and more Pegasi like me, and even more unicorns.

When I saw the other Pegasi, my brain decided to shit out a bunch of bull crap. I wonder if when they fly they fart rainbows?

It was at that moment, that I looked up and saw a flying rainbow streak. I totally did not fall to the ground laughing or anything. I also totally didn't stay rolling on the ground for like five minutes either. Although Forge was looking at me as if I had.

"Are you done with... Whatever that was now?"

"Y-y-yes, I am. Sorry." My voice was still a bit shaky from laughing so hard, but I managed to regain control of it.

When I finally looked around to the houses, I noticed that they looked like some old timey stuff. I mean, they had that hay/thatch/whateverthatmaterialiscalled stuff as the roof, and there were no power lines anywhere in sight!

Unless the lines were underground, I now face the significant possibility that I will no longer have any benefits of electricity. No WiFi, no microwave, no electric heating and air conditioning, and finally, no indoor lighting, other than candles.

But worst of all; no connection to all of my Steam friends. All of those friendly online players that were just the right amount of crazy to make it on my friends list.

I resolved that I would find a way to connect the Earth's technology with... Whatever this planet is called's technology. ...If they even have technology, otherwise I'll have to invent ALL of the technological items here. I guess I could become famous if I did that here, but eh.

Actually fame does sound nice, I guess I'll have to check to see what tech they DO have here, and produce the stuff they don't have. If my laptop is up to the task, anyways.

Chrysalis/Forge looked over to me from where she had been standing and asked, "Shall we get to our new home?"

Author's Note:

Well, here it is, folks. I tried my best to hit the 2k mark, but this felt like a perfect spot to end it at. Rewritten to be 3k words C:
Remember to leave them there constructive criticismz. Helps me a lot (Also please point out any mistakes I made! Editing on a phone isn't fun)!


What Silver knows about Equestria:
-I am now a Pegasus.
-Changeling eat love.
-Chrysalis is a changeling.
-Chrysalis can shapeshift.
-Chrysalis will now go by Forge.
-That's a saddlebag.
-I live in Ponyville, #17, 3rd Street East.
-Ponytown may not have electricity (THE HORROR! THE HORROR!).