• Published 31st Jul 2015
  • 4,295 Views, 15 Comments

Teenlight Sparkle Has An Evening Of Firsts With Teenset Shimmer - Violently Irrelevant



Twilight did not expect to get swept away on some adventure but she cannot deny that going somewhere with Sunset is exactly what she wants to do.

  • ...
10
 15
 4,295

Ch. 1 - The Surrounding Chaos That Does Not Matter

Author's Note:

Now with added SPACES IN THE TEXT.
Sorry for not putting them in sooner, I'm a pretentious a-hole.

(Teenlight Sparkle has a night of firsts at the punk rock show)

Walking is difficult. Difficult but entertaining. The battered asphalt beneath her shoes is like the rubber of a bouncy-castle. Every step is a mile wide. Other than her legs being jelly, her limbs float on clouds and her head weighs absolutely nothing.

Sunset and Riot are discussing something, Twilight has no idea if it is by any means important. She simply goes along with their little pack. There is a destination, or an idea of one. This mysterious gig that Riot mentioned. They pass familiar streets and buildings that right now hold an entirely different guise than last she saw them.

Darkness has come crashing down over the otherwise golden surrounding. The last warm light of the sun has been defeated by a summer night sky mainly of deep azure. There is a myriad of colours mixing in the last light, going in waves across the darkening sky. Orange, pink, something that looks like green.

Twilight spends more time with eyes locked to the majestic sky than checking her route. Hearing the murmur from Sunset and Riot is enough for her shaky navigation. She has seen many magical phenomena in the Equestrian sky but nothing rivals the mundane beauty of an evening sky in this world.

She has seen this picturesque heaven many times before but tonight she has been shown its beauty. She goes over the events in her head. An awkward little call from Sunset. A moment to warm up in her room. The company proved itself to be excellent and it was all woven together with music.

She raises her near-empty bottle of cider and drinks absent-mindedly as she thinks about music for a moment. The album back at Sunset's place really hit home and the assault of melodic noise in Riot's garage affected her more than she would have thought. Some of the songs still ring in her head, offering a bit of a different soundtrack to this part of the journey.

Along with the music in her head is this strange, creeping feeling that brings butterflies to her stomach. Is it anticipation? Perhaps fear? Twilight reluctantly removes her gaze from the sky and lets it rest on the back of Sunset's head for a moment. Calmth surges through her but the butterflies remain. Sunset... She has been so sweet. She really managed to open up and whatever remains of her awkwardness is just adorable.

The purple girl watches Sunset's red and yellow hair flow in the mild evening breeze. Thick locks of curled hair waving and twirling as the wind tries to lift them with insufficient strength. There is a thought that sits on the very brink of her brain. Like having a word on the tip of her tongue.

The realization hits Twilight like a freight train. Sunset is beautiful. Like, really gorgeously attractive. Her knowing little smile that shines even when she is lost in thought. Her big, bright eyes that remain intense even in this haze that holds them both. Straining her mind for a minute, Twilight manages a few coherent thoughts about how close she has gotten to Sunset given just a few hours tonight.

Not only getting comfortable in the little conversation they had but also being happy to be around each other. Even getting a little affectionate physically. Holding hands and cuddling up against each other at least. A few moments in that trashed sofa is already a treasured memory. Well, a good memory for the next five minutes in either case.

She rushes a bit to get alongside the others and without word or warning grabs Sunset's arm. The fire-maned girl lets out a little noise of surprise and gives Twilight a bewildered look. Her face instantly eases as she understands that the sudden assailant is none other than her purple goddess.

She gives Twilight a long, meaningful look and then turns back to Riot to continue or perhaps finish her conversation. Twilight is satisfied with just being close. She wraps both arms around Sunset's and leans in as close as comfortably possible while walking. The conversation between the others seems to be about whatever bands are playing. Twilight lets their words fall on deaf ears for a moment longer, she does not know these small local bands and she does not care. Music feels as if it would taste rather delicious in any form right now.

She nuzzles her face against Sunset's arm and takes a deep breath through her nose. She has her own certain scent. In truth, everyone does. Only that this scent matters, more than anyone else. It calms the spinning in Twilight's head for a moment. At least long enough for her to wonder where her bottle of cider went.

She distinctly remembers the taste of cider just a moment ago and her dry mouth cries for salvation in the flavour of apples. Wait, the taste of music? No. The taste of apples and the... Feeling of music. Twilight wants to slap her own forehead, her thoughts are so tangled she cannot even make sense to herself anymore. She takes another great lungful of Sunset's delightful smell. This time Sunset notices. Twilight feels another strange tingle in the back of her mind as their eyes meet.

Should she feel some kind of shame for just blatantly sniffing her arm? She does not feel any manner of shame or the likes. The thought lingers for a moment. She is unsure she has any kind of answer to that question, it is something she has not dealt with before. When was the last time she smelled someone with a scent so... Intriguing?

Never, is the answer. There is just something about Sunset. Pheromones perhaps. Twilight has read about stuff like that, she just has not experienced it before. The mingling of intoxicating substances in her brain dances with a new partner, the scary and exciting feeling of infatuation. Pondering more about Sunset's scent, Twilight is soon met by a further quandary in pretty much the same category.

What does Sunset taste like? How does one go about tasting her? Twilight is not exactly the most experienced when it comes to kissing. The very thought makes her a bit jittery, partially in a nervous way but also in a resolute sting of excitement. A few ideas and scenarios flash by in her mind. All short and vague, scenes from books and films under some foggy filter.

She holds back a girlish little squeak and squeezes Sunset's arm harder. This brings Sunset to raise a hand and gently caress Twilight's fingers. The purple girl almost dies on the spot. Never before in the history of caresses has such a simple, careful stroke of fingers been more well-placed and timed. Twilight feels electricity shoot down her spine, none of this is wrong, its all just to good to even dream. The moment. The glorious moment.

She throws a glance over to Riot. The mohawked one is happily trudging along in her worn boots, apparently never without a drink or smoke to her lips. A walking stereotype perhaps but definitely the right little gateway-drug to this party. Twilight feels like there is a great big ball of light spinning inside of her, threatening to burst. A light that would sear through the early evening gloom like a long, whip of lightning. She keeps it in, no idea how or why. Just as Twilight is getting over this existential crisis of figuring out whether she is a girl or if she is celestial light, Riot seems to snap out of her zen, smile and offer another bottle of cider.

Sunset takes it, removes the only obstacle; the cap and offers the first sip to Twilight. The princess of friendship looks at the wonderful bounty presented to her. There is an issue, she has to release at least one hand of the grip of Sunset to take it. She is suddenly caught up in an internal war that lasts ages, hundreds of years.

Sunset wiggles the pristine drink in Twilight's field of vision and the warring factions come to a shaky standstill. She takes the bottle and locks eyes with the fire-maned girl for a moment. A swig of the drink. It tastes just as good as ever. Riot is the angel of intoxication and Sunset is the main deity of worship. As the golden liquid rushes down her throat, the war-torn country of Teenlight Sparkle joins under one banner. She takes another sip and then offers the drink back to Sunset.

She accepts it and Twilight clamps her fingers around her arm in a firm grip yet again, observing closely as Sunset puts the small glass ring against her lips. She watches with half-contained feverish desire and envies the bottle for the entire while it takes Sunset to carefully tip some cider into her mouth. Sunset lowers the bottle and smiles for Twilight, a shy, mysterious expression. Did she notice? Does she know? Twilight hopes she senses everything, that she knows. At the same time, she has absolutely no idea what to say if Sunset actually did.

Just as the fire-maned girl is about to say something, she is interrupted by Riot, who breaks the little bubble of tension that has slowly been building. She points and steps off to a side-street with a high-pitched sound of excitement. When directing her attention thataways, Twilight understands why. The street is littered with people, gathered in little groups or standing in a not-so long line.

Muffled music can be heard spilling out into the street from an open basement. It is obvious from the crowd and the sound that they have arrived at the beforehand mentioned punk rock show. The sound of a bottle smashing cuts through the muffled murmur of mixed sounds. Riot starts off ahead with sudden speed and a wide grin. Soon greetings are exchanged with a small group of boys that are just as elaborately adorned in punk uniforms as Riot. Handshakes go around and a few hugs on top.

Twilight and Sunset stand silent in the background before Riot urges them on. They are soon surrounded by the boys as Riot leads them towards the line and beyond. Fist-bumping one of the bouncers, she gives the rest of the little group a missing-tooth smile and little wave. Skipping the line and just waltzing in, they are all hit by a thick wall of raw sound. Twilight squeezes Sunset's arm but there is a big smile on her face. The rattling noise of a broken drumset along with violent shrieks from both singer and guitar is strangely hypnotizing.

Young bodies are flung back and forth in a wild dance. A swirling sea of limbs to match the violent wall of sound. Riot motions on into the crowd but Twilight hesitates. Sunset looks from the mohawked girl to the purple beauty on her arm but before she has any chance to react to the situation, Riot has already shrugged and bounded off into the sweaty chaos. Twilight looks to Sunset only to find her smiling broadly.

Apparently there is no more need for Riot right now. The turmoil under the low ceiling does not yet cover the entire room. It gives the few that are not already flailing a temporary respite to observe the madness and perhaps have a few moments for themselves in this beautiful chaos.

They stand still for a moment that feels like minutes. The song ends, abrupt and to the sound of a roaring crowd. The ferocity of the onlookers is both invigorating and intimidating at the same time. As the singer announces the next song with a little rant about current politics, Sunset takes the opportunity to hustle Twilight along the edge of the crowd, over to one wall.

Just as they get there, the song begins and the crowd erupts once more. Sunset has just reached the wall and begun to turn around when Twilight is hit in the back, trips and falls. Like a surprised ragdoll, she drops face-first into Sunset's chest. The moderately sized but delightfully soft padding saves the purple girl's face while it knocks the air out of the one who receives. Twilight feels Sunset's strong grip first keep her standing, then hoist her up as the fire-maned girl takes a long, ragged gasp for air.

Twilight looks up with panic in her eyes but is met by a great big smile. Sunset puts on a good facade at least. Twilight feels a girlish giggle rush through her entire being. The sound is tiny and drowns instantly in the raging torrent that is the show. Although Sunset quite clearly notices and the expression on Twilight's face is hard to mistake. She breathes in once more, steadier this time. Her lips remain slightly parted while her wide-open eyes are completely locked with Twilight's.

There is a sharp flash of something in the large, purple orbs. Sunset feels Twilight's trembling hand make its way up over her arm and shoulder. Well there, the purple girl suddenly grips her collar. Firmly determined. Sunset manages another short breath before her attention is completely overtaken by the little fact that Twilight is now hovering just in front of her face and with the movement and angle...

Twilight's lips are trembling as they impact with Sunset's. Careful, just a brush. A tiny transfer of wetness, softness and warmth. A faint breath. It is as if electricity surges through them both. The hammering chaos of the room is completely forgotten. Another aiming for lips and the search is quicker this time. Twilight can feel Sunset's arm crawl up her back and into her hair.

Their lips smudge against each other. They jerk back. A brief glance of each face. Instantly back into it. Lips meet, no longer carefully testing but with a bit of want, a bit of longing. The two girls connect, embracing, holding, fingers searching for somewhere to remain. The kiss breaks, resumes and breaks again. They both breathe in deep and exhale, looking to each other with startled expressions. A few blinks later and they both look to the side, almost simultaneously.

Twilight smiles, softly but surely and looks back to Sunset's face. She lets out a soundless snicker, emptying her lungs with a happy, panicked kind of look. Sunset looks up as Twilight catches her breath, the rest of the world on the afterburner long ago. The fire-maned girl is reluctantly trying to speak as Twilight loudly and proudly announces something.

"That was my first kiss."

Comments ( 15 )

How do I describe what I just read?

I feel that this type of story is like a home video. A group of friends go out for a night on the town, with no clear destination, just letting wherever the night takes them, drinking and smoking on the way there and one of them brings along a camcorder just to document the night, just for the hell of it. And each chapter is a cut to another part of the night.

A captured moment in time where we're able to look back and reminisce on times gone by and remember all the stupid things and all the firsts we did that night.

You know that video of those people who came back from Disney World and shot video inside of a 7-11 at 2:30 in the morning? That's the kind of vibe I'm getting. We're watching a memory.

6270893
Yes.
The word is "yes". Because that's logically all I'd have to say to that.
I gave it a few days of non-continuous thought. So the "yes" refers to the fact that you are right. Right in what I now guess I was aiming for. Yes to the fact that anyone relates even a little bit to this collection of silly words. I have accomplished at least something.
Thanks for reading. All the love.

PLEASE CONTINUE THIS I BEG OF YOU :raritydespair:

6313028
No need to beg, it is coming <3

As someone who hasn't done the particular drugs or activities of this little series, the amount of detail you can draw out of a seemingly short or boring event that most writers would be done with in two paragraphs is incredibly detailed and really insightful. You do tend to write with blocks, but I don't really mind it here, because we're inside one character or another and you let us know what they're thinking without relying on dialog. Your word selection is decently large and varied as well.

This is a fantastic and severely underrated collection of stories and I can't wait for the next installment. Keep up the good work.

6342853
First up, thanks for taking the time to write a thoughtful comment. I do appreciate it a lot.
This experience is possibly not a common one, or it could be, especially for certain generations from certain places.
I greatly romanticize these kinda "usual, everyday" events, a drink, a smoke, going to the show. Being able to stick a pair of interesting characters people already know that need little to no introduction just makes it easier for me. (Sure, I probably mess around a whole bunch with their personalities and this is shameless shipping but hey...)

The lack of dialogue is because I despise when people just completely fill a story with "he said, she said" like it was some kinda comic book or whatever. Description and thought is what brings things forward rather than some empty dialogue.
(That said, in this specific story, I didn't even realize it had no talking until I planted that last line in there. I surprised myself and I am happy about it.)

Thanks for the encouraging words and I love getting called "underrated".
More is coming. Might be the one that finally falls flat though...
Hehe. Cheerio.

...I look forward to this continuing in some shape or form. I have greatly enjoyed this story, from it's humble beginnings so long ago to now. Though, in the webs of time I suppose it wasn't too long ago. Teenset Shimmer and Teenlight Sparkle are assuredly my favorite alternate versions/interpretations of normal twilight and sunset. The way you write this series, the descriptive and disjointed thoughts, I find myself enjoying it so very much. These are exactly the kinds of stories I wish I would see more often. Explorative, finding adventure and misadventure alike within the mundane, or the normal.

I found these a time back but did not comment on them until now. I had forgotten exactly who the author was. I end up finding them again, and see there is a new one to read, so I do. It's just as good as before, and so we come to now. This is one of the best fics I have read throughout my time on fimfic. I hope to see more of this in the future, and I will be sure to check out some of your other works. Thank you for writing this wonderful fic.

6497334
Comments like this is what makes me wanna create more in the first place. Very encouraging to know I have entertained someone to the point of taking their time to tell me in such a nice way.
I am actually writing a follow up, a few pages down already, going slow but it is going to happen sooner or later.
Real happy people appreciate my quirky writing style and little ideas. Thanks again for letting me know, see you later!

you could write one hundred more chapters of twiset just drinking together and cuddling
and i think id remain just as eager to read what you publish next

6713171
Thank you. There is a little bit more coming of this, I have some written, I am just really, really slow with finishing it.

I know you've heard it a dozen times, but I want to express that this story (the whole line of it, really) is intriguing to me as someone who's never experienced such things before. The way you write, it's really easy to understand the types of thoughts and feelings that begin to arise, not to mention the weight of processing all that emotion and contemplation at each level of intoxication. It's fascinating, illuminating, to be able to experience so many of the same emotions I've dealt with personally, now through the eyes and hearts of a couple of drunken teenage girls, now still through the insightful and comprehensive writing of a man who obviously does a lot of deep thinking in his spare time. All that being said, if this is really what being drunk and/or high feels like, I don't know that I trust myself enough to ever want to experience it. :ajsmug:

At first, I wasn't really sure how to process this story. But I think I really like it, in the way that I don't personally understand hazy overlay, and that's okay. The humble yet omnipresent themes of living to the fullest, getting to know yourself, and finding solace in people who care about you, are much more important, and hopefully are relatable to anyone who may yet come to read such a story. On the previously discussed topic of dialogue... So many stories rely on it, at least moderately, to convey their messages. It's only natural to think of literal communication as the best way to communicate certain ideas. But you found a way to bypass that ages-old expectation, and it absolutely works. The tone of this story, I would say, is perfect the way it is for what it's trying to say.

In the matter of "shameless shipping"... Stop harping on yourself. :raritywink: If people want Sunlight, people are gonna let it shine, so you let it. At least it's believable. Not to mention, Twilight is learning a lot of new things here that she'd be hard-pressed to find regularly in canon Equestria. And your readers seem to enjoy it all. I know I did.

I had so many things to say, but I've spent so long hand-picking words to put down that I can't seem to remember half of my original thoughts. Hence why I'm not a great writer myself. Anyway, the story all-in-all is very interesting, and I'd love to see that next installment you've been hinting at as soon as it's ready. I'm curious, does "silly amounts of sex" mean you'll be making the next one M-rated, or is it mostly clothed-intimacy, foreplay, and hints of further activity that are modest enough to keep it at a Teen rating? Not that it matters for me personally; I hit eighteen earlier this year. I'm just curious for curiosity's sake. Some call me crazy, but I prefer to think of it as "insightful." Anyway, love that kiss at the end; I want moooore of it next time. :twilightsmile: Thanks again for publishing such a progressive and thoughtful piece. Happy writing!

6737731
Holy hells, you have written a delicious comment the length of the fic itself. I am honoured.
This fic is a glorious clusterbomb of something that started out with contemplative poetry and just evolved into poetic romance and at the current stage is just... well, romance.
Alot of the "poetry" comes from other media and music that inspires me. Old 80's and 90's youth movies. Rock, Metal, Punkrock music.

As for the shipping, I think I worded it like that just because I personally think it is the best ship and I know how people can get with those things. I enjoy being unnecessarily kind to people's little sensibilities, even if it is on the internet where everyone behaves like a butt.

I'd really love to offer a more proper and longer response as long comments make me feel special.
Sadly, all I have to offer right now is a little info of what is to come. I've got a good few pages written for the next part and as these things evolve over the time that I am writing them, I have come to the conclusion that the "silly amounts of sex" will be very, very careful and smooth. Keeping with the romance as it were.
Very likely have an "alternate ending" with... well, porn.

Thanks for the comment. Very happy to have entertained you with some of my silly words.

OMG I HAD NO FREAKING CLUE THERE WERE SEQUELS OMG OMG OMG I MUST READ THESE!!

Login or register to comment