• Published 1st Aug 2015
  • 452 Views, 2 Comments

The Bonds We Create - Juu50x



The Hub is shutting down and everyone part of it are feeling quite down.

  • ...
 2
 452

The Bonds We Create

The Bonds We Create

The Hub Center was usually a very crowded place, where many different characters of the Hub Program could meet and just have a good time with each other. Well, if someone wanted to have a good time in the right way, and not trying to crash anyone else's fun.

But now it was the complete opposite. The large living room was almost devoid of life and the air was heavy with different negative emotions: Sorrow, remorse, depression. No one stayed in the Hub Living Room anymore as many were trying to pack their things quickly as possible.

The Living Room was large circular room, filled with tables and chairs closer to the walls, while the couches and more casual chair were on the middle, and few of them had their own small tables, with four large flat screen TV's facing four different directions.

“And just when I thought I couldn't hate anything more than ending of MY series... THIS comes in and crashes the party...” Dan grumbled, his chin resting on his hands, glaring at... something.

“Talk about a total Party-Pooper-Crasher,” Pinkie lamented, her mane slightly flattened. Her hooves were working on something that seemed to require lot's of balloons.

“Well, technically it was our show Dan,” Chris, who was sitting opposite of Dan, cut in. “Since I, and Elise of course, were also stars in it.” Dan glared back at Chris.

“Excuse me!” Dan said, sounding almost insulted. “The show, if you couldn't recall, was called Dan Vs. and it was always my battles that took place.” Dan then got up from his chair, his eyes suddenly having a rather fierce look.

“The reason why it was called Dan Vs. was so people could see how big of a jerk the entire world is!” Now Chris was getting very scared, and Pinkie Pie was looking very worriedly at Dan.

“The reason why it WAS called DAN VS. was because-!”

“DAN!” Elise yelled, also getting up from her chair, giving Dan one big and nasty glare. “Sit.” she said dangerously.

“You can't treat me like a dog Elis-”

“Sit. DOWN!” Elise growled at the last word, her glare somehow getting worse.

And Dan sat.

There was an awkward silence in the room. Chris and Pinkie were carefully eyeing between Dan and Elise, waiting Dan might have another hissy fit.

“So Pinkie...” Elise asked, trying to eliminate the awkwardness. “What are you exactly working on there?”

Pinkie shrugged while trying to keep some of her cheerfulness. “Something to cheer good old Meg' up.”

Dan raised a very surprised and confused eyebrow. “How are you going to do that?” he asked, his hands spread on the table. “He is a giant killer alien robot, who also wanted total universal domination while not showing any remorse!” Pinkie blinked. “Oh yeah, and he is also a very big, giant JERK!”

“Pfff! Pleasy-weasy.” Pinkie waved her hoof dismissively. “He ain't that bad,” she said. “Sure he can be a meany and big jerk. But deep inside he is big, soft bear. That is covered in metal.”

“Aaaaw, that almost sounds like someone we also know,” Chris hinted, winking at Elise, who silently giggled to which Dan responded with another of his deadly glares.

“Say anything else and I'll make sure you will never eat anything but beans,” Dan threatened, his index finger dangerously close to Chris' chin, to which Elise again gave her own glare, which made Dan back off. He sat back down on his chair, rumbling. “But I guess he ain't that bad...” Dan then admitted, to his distaste.

“At least he ain't bad as that Starscream-con. That guy's the biggest jerk.”

“Hey guys,” a gruff voice greeted them. Everyone turned their heads to the main door, seeing a familiar gray colored dog, whose hair was almost obscuring his eyes standing there. And just like everyone else, he looked really down.

“Hi Niblet,” Pinkie, Elise and Chris greeted back. Dan just grumbled again. “What are you doing here anyway?” Dan asked in a bored/annoyed tone.

“Was wondering if anyone was still here,” he answered.

“Well is your curiosity satisfied enough?” Dan asked.

“Aaaaah ahahaa...” Niblet voiced dryly. “Ya always so much fun Dan,” Niblet deadpanned.

“Oh really? Well I'm glad you noticed, hairball,” Dan deadpanned rudely in return.

“Dan. That wasn't a really nice thing to say,” Chris commented.

“Well, excuse me for being rude to a creature who just loves tormenting Mr. Mumbles!” Dan said loudly, his eyes getting the fire back.

“Hey! It ain't my fault if the kitten keeps scratching my back so hard it'll leave some nasty marks!” Niblet glowered at Dan, which only made him angrier. Chris and Elise were exchanging worried looks, while Pinkie Pie was working with her “project” more intensely.

“Well just move somewhere else if he is bothering you that much,” Dan remarked. Niblet was about to give his reply, but Dan quickly beat him to it. “Oh, I almost forgot, you are going to move somewhere else!” Dan sneered with a mocking smirk.

“Don't ya ever dare go there pal...” Niblet warned.

Niblet's lips were raised and showed his sharp teeth as he let out very angry growl. Now Pinkie had fully stopped working and was watching the scene unfolding itself front of her, her mane getting even flatter.

Elise and Chris looked even more worriedly at each others, unsure of what to do. If Dan and Niblet started fighting, things just might become worse for everyone.

“Maybe you should find yourself a new pound,” Dan smirked, his voice dripping with delighted sneer. “I can even help you out with that.”

That was the final straw for Niblet. He lounged at Dan, whose expression was between of surprised and shocked. “GET OFF ME YOU MUTT!” he screamed while punching and trying his best to keep Niblet away from him.

Everyone just stood/seated there in shock, looking the fight. “NOT THE FACE! NOT THE FACE!” Dan screamed and pleaded.

“I'll give ya even worse!” Niblet growled, trying to paw at his face. Dan on the other hand was trying to keep Niblet's mouth, or rather his teeth, out of his face's reach.

“What is the meaning of this!?” a hoarse, but demanding voice called out.

Everyone turned to look at the door, including Dan and Niblet who stopped fighting. They now looked in shock at the newcomer, who was none other than Megatron.

But not in his Unicron armor like back in Predacon Rising. After finishing the movie, Megatron had wanted his original look back. Although he first had enjoyed his new look, but he soon had found the downside of it.

With his new shoulder spikes, it had been... difficult to move around doorways and other places which had caused a few embarrassing scenarios, so he had changed himself back to his original look.

“I won't ask you again,” Megatron said, looking at all the occupants in the room. “What in the name of the All Spark is happening here?”

Everyone was still quiet, looking at Megatron and his slight glare who in return looked at them. “I won't ask again,” he growled, walking towards them, more dangerously than Niblet.

“Pinkie?” he then suddenly asked, his tone slightly softer, almost sounding caring. It was still very uncertain how someone like Megatron could have befriended with Pinkie Pie, the last person, or pony for that matter, he ever could, or dare make friends with.

“Dan's started it,” Pinkie pointed.

“PINKIE!?!” Dan screamed in anger and fear. Suddenly a shadow fell over Dan, and he stared back at Megatron's hard stare. While in the show, Megatron, and other Transformers looked enormous compared to human.

However, they were actually “edited” in to the show using CGI and Motion Capture. In truth, Megatron was a little taller than the regular human who was reaching his or her maximum height. Megatron himself was reaching 3-meters long. But he was still intimidating none the less, even to a jerk like Dan, who tended to insult the Decepticon when he could and/or found a perfect opportunity.

“But he is sorry about it!” Pinkie quickly cut in, getting in between Dan and Megatron. “He... he's just upset when his show got... well,” Pinkie explained in an unsure tone. “Ya know?” Megatron looked at Pinkie quietly. “And now this, Hub...” Pinkie's nervous smile had quickly turned into a full frown and her eyes dropped. “All of us, moving away…”

While it wasn't shown on Megatron's faceplates, inside, his spark ached when he saw his friend looking like that. But Megatron knew how Dan no doubt felt about this, as his own series had also ended.

And now that the Hub was ending... it wasn't something he had expected to hear. Or at least this fast. And now, everything he, and everyone had experienced, was gone. I never believed I would come to care about any of them, Megatron thought, looking around the room. And this constant fighting and bickering wasn't exactly raising his spirits.

But here we are now. His gaze returned to Pinkie.

“Yeah, maybe he does hurt an' all that,” Niblet suddenly said, upset, disrupting Megatron's train of thought.

“Please, don't act all high and mighty here, doggie,” Dan sneered back. “You aren't exactly the center of the Universe you know.”

Everyone rolled their eyes at Dan's remark. “What?”

“Either way, all you will quit your bickering at this moment!” Megatron growled. “It is already enough that the Hub is shutting itself down, but now I have to hear all of your constant whining!” Everyone cringed at Megatron's raised voice at the last sentence.

“Well excuse me princess,” Dan commented suddenly. Megatron drew his face even closer to Dan.“If I'm showing my own concerns about this,” Dan said, his arms crossed on his chest. Megatron growled more dangerously.

“What seems to be the commotion here?” a new voice asked. Everyone turned back to the entrance.

“Princess Luna?” Pinkie said in surprise.

“Oh, hi there Celestia,” Chris greeted happily.

“... Optimus,” Megatron said, his expression and tone not showing any emotion, to which Optimus replied with a nod.

“Pinkie Pie?” Optimus then asked, looking at the pink pony who seemed to have half-hidden herself under a table. She waved awkwardly at him while wearing a nervous grin. But before Pinkie could cut in, Elise got up from her chair.

“It's just that we all are very on edge because... well, the Hub mostly.” Elise shrugged, wearing a sad expression. While she had made her best to look like things haven't bothered her that much, that was of course not the point.

There had been many sleepless nights with Chris. “It's OK Elise,” Chris would say, while comforting her. “We are still around, and even if our show's over, people are still going to watch us different way, and will remember us,” he said comfortably, placing his hand on her cheek.

And besides, we still have each other,” he said while using his thumb to clean Elise tears away.

And even Dan?” she had asked, in sad humoured tone.

Yeah, even Dan I guess.” Chris smiled while rubbing back of his head awkwardly. Even if they all had their differences, they would still try their best to be together.

Elise quickly brought herself back to present after realising that everyone was still looking at her, waiting for her to continue. “And well, you know, things have been very tense here for a while now,” she continued giving a quick glance towards Dan. “Some of us have been more tense than others.” Optimus and the Princess' shared looks between each other.

“And, that's pretty much it,” Elise said. “Things just been...” she quickly considered what to say next, but Princess Luna beat her to it.

“Problematic?” Elise nodded, while Dan made a quiet “pfff” sound, crouching down on his chair, as if wanting to become completely invisible and that no one would notice him.

“It is very understandable in a situation like this,” Optimus then said, his tone completely calm as his entire demeanor and the Princess' also seemed to be very calm about this whole thing, which baffled most of them. “But there is no need for us to be distressed..”

“Not to be distressed!?” Megatron asked in disbelief. “How can you be so calm about all of this?” He clenched his fist angrily.

“Well, for one, all the things we have done here,” Celestia then spoke. Everyone looked at her very confused.

“Huh?” Pinkie, Chris, Elise, Dan and Niblet voiced their confusion while Megatron just looked at the three with a confused and even distressed look.

“In all these years, what have done in our stay here?” Celestia asked again.

“What kind of stupid question is that- OW!” Dan yelled as Pinkie back hooved him. “OK, I might have deserved that...” he quickly corrected, muttering quietly while rubbing back of his head.

“What have really been doing here? What our purpose here has been?” Luna continued. “The time we spent on making sure the people would watch us, and being entertained by us. To show them something old, and yet something new.”

“But what is more important than that?” Celestia continued. “There is something that is equally, if not even more important than just our task here at the Hub. What else we have done here?”

Everyone were at complete loss, looking at each others and trying to see if anyone could understand what the three were saying. But none of them seemed to know, or were not certain, what the three had meant.

They returned their gaze back to the three, and Optimus took a step towards them. “What the Princess' meant is what we have done here by ourselves,” he said, a small smile forming on his lips as he looked around the room.

“The new friendships we have made here,” he then said. “We never could have been working as a true team, if we hadn't got to know each other. The bonds we have created here, the very ones that had helped each of us through our most hardest times, they are still with us.”

Celestia was the next to take another step further. “So yes, the Hub may no longer be, but that doesn't mean it is the end of us.”

And Luna followed in suit. “And because of that, we don't have to throw out everything we've experienced,” she said. “We can still remember all the memories we made in our time here.” She saw how everyone was now thinking about what they had said, and taking it to a heart. “Both good. And the bad of course.”

Optimus then returned to speak. “And while the Hub has been dissolved, and most of our shows have moved to a different network, or have ended,” he said, placing his hand on Megatron's shoulder, while looking at Dan, Chris and Elise.

“Like the Princess' said: We will always have our fond memories together.” Optimus smiled. It had always been very strange and honestly, magical to see the most of the time stoic and serious Autobot leader smile like that.

Smiling like an old father who knows that his children are in trouble, and trying his best to show that while situation might be dire, it doesn't have to be like that entirely. It was a moment that made everyone's eyes tear up.

Even Dan and Megatron had a strange feeling around their eyes.

“And because of that, we are and always will be... a family. Even if we are far away, we still hold to our bonds and memories. It doesn't have to end today or never.” Optimus finished.

The room fell into a complete silence. Everyone was considering what Optimus and the Princess' had told them. It felt so strange to see and hear them be so calm about all of this.

“That's all nice an' all, but I really hate to be that dog to break the party here. But we all are soon gonna leave this place anyway...” Niblet said. “So what difference does that make?”

Both Luna and Celestia let out an amused chuckle while Prime just gave an amused smile. “But that doesn't mean you still can't make anymore memories, doesn't it?” Luna winked.

Celestia had amused, pondering look on her face. “And maybe one such way could be a-”

Immediately, interrupting Celestia, Pinkie jumped very high into the air, her mane becoming its puffy-self as confetti exploded around her. Pinkie landed on one of the large TV's, somehow very smoothly, but everyone had come to expect that from Pinkie.

And they knew what to expect now. As Pinkie opened her mouth, taking a deep breath and screamed out her favorite word in the whole universe: “ A PARTY!”

With that, Pinkie started jumping all around the room, scream/exclaiming something in gibberish, but everyone could understand a few words. Many of them that contained a word party. A lot.

“I believe we all know what is going to happen next?” Optimus asked in a humoring tone. “Don't you agree Megatron?” he asked, smiling, to which the Decepticon Leader gave Optimus his very familiar grin.

“Oh, I know very well.” he replied.




Much later...

It only had been few hours when the Hub Central was still almost completely devoid of any kind of activity and the most of the lights were off. Now, however, it was the complete opposite. Every light was on and one easily hear that the denizens of the Central were playing their stereos at maximum volume.

“COME ON, EVERYONE!” Pinkie Pie screamed through the music. “DON'T BE BUNCH OF SLOW POKES! THIS PARTY IS STILL GOING!” she screamed, while looking towards the center of the room which was filled with many characters.

Never had Pinkie felt this kind of happiness before. This had to be the biggest party she had thrown in a very long time. And the fact that everyone was here to celebrate made it better. On the other side of the room, she could see Raf, Miko and Bumblebee doing the Robot Dance.

At the other side Zoe Trent was singing, dancing, and no doubt singing with Elise, Niblet and Vinnie.

And of course, at the DJ booth, Soundwave and Vinyl Scratch were working with the music.

The part was simply so large and going so well, that it actually made Pinkie feel lightheaded. And someone probably had somehow sensed it, or just wanted to get her attention, as that person placed his/her hand on her.

A very large and metallic hand. “I can see you are enjoying yourself, Pinkie Pie,” Megatron said, loud enough so Pinkie could hear him.

“You have no idea! This is the best night EVER!” she exclaimed, jumping at her last sentence as confetti exploded from her mane. “This is simply the best! Soundwave and Vinyl certainly know their stuff!”

Megatron laughed heartedly. It was warming his spark to see his friend be full in her element: being overly happy, excited and just wanting to make sure that everyone had the best of times. And I just might have the thing that will make her feel even better, he thought with a small smirk.

A small shudder also ran through him. The thought of Pinkie Pie getting even more excited was something even he many times dreaded to think. He wondered what might happen if Pinkie Pie might go “overdrive”. But that didn't matter tonight.

“It most certainly is,” he finally replied to Pinkie, who had been staring at the DJ duo. “But there might be something else that could make this night even better!” That got Pinkie's attention immediately.

“What you mean Megs?”

Megatron's smirk became wider, which then slowly changed to much warmer smile. “I had this idea in my head for a while,” he started. “And now I was wondering if we could do that for the old times sakes.”

Pinkie stared at Megatron for a long time, unsure of what he had meant at first, but when he had mentioned the old times, and the way he had shifted his body, which had always been the response to those memories that he once had hated a lot.

When Megatron mentioned it and Pinkie remembered what he had meant, her eyes grew so large that it seemed that they could soon burst open and spit out confetti, cakes and other sweet things.

“OOOOOOOOOHHH!!” Pinkie screamed from the revelation, and before Megatron could react, a large mass of pink had obscured his vision. “I NEVER WOULD HAVE THOUGHT YOU WANTED TO DO THAT AGAIN!!” Pinkie exclaimed cheerfully.

Well, cheerful is a rather mild description. But if you count the word “cheerful” about ten times and her body was so close that she could fly straight through the roof and right to the planet’s orbit, that would be more like how Pinkie was feeling at this moment.

Megatron felt that if Pinkie didn't calm herself soon, his audio receptors might burst as her voice carried even over the loud music. “THIS IS GOING TO BE BEST-EST NIGHT EEEEVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER!” But Pinkie's excitement quickly dropped as she realised something.

And that was a reaction from a certain person that they needed in order to pull this off. If he didn't agree, then this night might be ruined. And Pinkie could see the same doubt on Megatron's optics, but he nodded at her, as if telling her that it could be alright. That maybe Dan could join them.

So they went to look for Dan and asked if he could join them.

“No way! There is no way in ANY way that I would lower myself to do something like that again!” Dan said harshly. Pinkie's excitement died out a bit.

“Oh come on Danny-boy-”

“DON'T CALL ME THAT!”

“Aaaaw, but why not?” she asked sadly, giving Dan very big puppy dog eyes.

“I told you already,” Dan said, crossing his arm over his chest. “One time was already good enough for me. And especially with him.” He pointed at Megatro, glaring at him, to which Megatron raised a surprised brow.

“What you mean?” he asked, a small frown appearing on his face.

“Well, after filming that... you were ready to step on me and then turn my body to ashes!” Dan flailed his arms. Megatron gave Dan a questioning frown. “And he was very close to do that, of course. Well, I guess I could thank you for stopping him...” he said to Pinkie.

Megatron crossed his own arms. “Well, I do recall that you were complaining about my voice being very horrible and how I was just untalented. A ‘Giant-Stupid-Killing-Jerk-Robot’ as you put it,” Megatron said, his frown deepening.

“Well you were complaining that time about how it was waste of your 'talents',” Dan replied, annoyed. This was complete waste of his time.

“But that was then, Danny!” Pinkie said back.

“What did I tell you about calling me that?” Dan asked, his voice raised.

“And things have changed a lot since then. Now this is our last night and party together.” Pinkie was now close to pleading to Dan. This was something she really wanted to do. “After that, we are all going to go away, never to see each other again.” Pinkie's eyes were getting very wet at the mention of her departure.

“And didn't Optimus and the Princess' say that this our last chance of doing something fun? Together?” Pinkie sniffed, a couple tears running down from her eyes. Dan looked very distressed, and even lamenting.

What Pinkie had said was the truth. After this night, they probably wouldn't see each other ever again. But then again, Optimus and the others had said that this did not have to be the end. They could still be in contact.

But it probably won't the same, as they were now and before. Oh to heck with it! Dan thought, very annoyed. I'm getting really soft with these guys! But, I guess I can do it. A very rare smile was forming on Dan's face. And this is probably what Mr. Mumbles would want me to do...

Dan let out a defeated sigh. “Alright fine,” he said. “I'll do it. Gotta have make this night enjoyable, am I right?” Dan said in amused tone.

“YAAAAAY! THANK YOU DANNY-BOY!” Pinkie exclaimed as she trapped Dan in her bear hug.

“GAH! What did I say about calling me that?” Dan wheezed from Pinkie's bear hug. Megatron chuckled, turning his gaze towards Soundwave, who nodded back.

The slender Decepticon turned to Vinyl, tapping her shoulder. “What is it 'wave? Got some new ideas?” Soundwave shrugged and activated his visor, showing Vinyl a picture of Megatron.

“Alright, what does big, tall and scary want?” she asked, not sure about what Megatron was after, and that made her feel a bit uncertain. There wasn't any way of saying what the silver ‘Con wanted. The next image appeared on Soundwave's visor.

“Wait what?” Vinyl voiced her confusion while looking at the next picture. “What does this mean?” Soundwave then pointed again back to Megatron, and company he was with, then back to the picture. Vinyl shrugged, still not sure what the faceless ‘Con meant.

Next, the picture changed to a video and Vinyl lowered her glasses, looking and listening intently. After the video was finished, Vinyl understood. Her eyes enlarged from realization, and a wide, cocky smirk appeared on her lips as she placed her glasses back.

“Aaaaah, I get it.” She was close to giggling like mad, but was able to hold it. “This is going to be gold!” she said excitedly. “Alright big guy,” she said to Soundwave. “Let's do it!” Soundwave nodded, looking back at Megatron, who in return nodded back.

One of Soundwave's tentacles that had been working on their music volumes quickly shut down the banging music and the entire room fell silent. Everyone turned their confused faces at the DJ duo. “Aaaaaaalright everyone, listen up!” Vinyl announced.

“Got something very, very special here for all of you folks!” She had their attention now, and soon they would get more. “But it ain't me an' old Soundwave that will deliver it to you guys,” she continued with a giant smirk. “Soooo, give a very big hand, hoof, paw and so on to...” she paused.

She could see the crowd was getting anxious, waiting to hear what the DJ had in store for them. Awesome, they are so taking this!

“To...” another pause.

The crowd was now almost ready to lunge at her. That was good enough for her. “Soundwave,” the Con nodded, lighting up three spotlights. “To Meg's, Pinkie and Danny-Boy!” the three at the back of the room were lit up by the lights.

“WHAT DID I SAY ABOUT CALLING ME THAT!?” Dan yelled, but everyone ignored that. “Fine whatever...” With that, the three walked towards the stage.

“Got the music ready?” Vinyl asked Soundwave, who in response raised his thumb. “Awesome! And you guys down there? You ready?” she asked the three performers, who in return gave her approving nods.

“Alright, let's begin then! Hit it Soundwave!”

And the music started to play.

Dan took a very deep, and even nervous breath before opening his mouth.

Are you ready for the summer?
Are you ready for the sunshine?

He sang. Then Pinkie quickly cut in.

Are you ready for birds and bees?
And apple trees?
And a whole lot of fooling around?

Everyone laughed at that point, but quickly were silenced as Megatron cut in.

Are you ready for summer?
Are you ready for the hot nights?

That got an even larger roar of laughter from the crowd. The kind of laughter that told the singers that they were having the best moments of their lives. That made them feel rather proud.

Pinkie then jumped on Megatron's shoulder, continuing her bit.

Are you ready for the fireflies?
And moonlit skies?
And a whole lot of fooling around?

The crowd answered with a loud “YES!”, to which the trio smiled to themselves.

Are you ready for the summer fun?
In the sun?
'cause the summer's on the Hub!


The crowd were cheering and dancing their hardest for the trio, which made them feel quite special, and that they had succeeded in something. And maybe it was the fact that they have made this night very memorable.

“Hey! It's not memorable enough!” Pinkie suddenly said... to the... narrator... “You bet ya tapping fingers this ain't over just yeeet!”


Oh bother...

Author's Note:

Well, I hope you all liked this little story. Funny thing, this came up to me after I saw a certain picture of certain Autobot on Derpibooru, and then I just started to play with the idea until I had a good idea what kind of story to write.

And it was also really hard to choose what characters to use and mention or something like that. Since the only shows that were on the Hub, that I watched were: MLP (of course), Transformers Prime and Dan Vs.

So, that's kinda also why you didn't see any other "Hub Characters" in this. Sorry if I couldn't get your favorite here. :twilightblush:

But I still hope you enjoyed this. :pinkiesmile: And also: Here is the picture that inspired me to write this.

Comments ( 2 )

To Be Continued >....in REAL LIFE.

Login or register to comment