• Published 6th Aug 2015
  • 2,055 Views, 220 Comments

The Epsilon Pegasus - Sparky Brony



A Five Score Divided by Four story. It’s been 25 years since the ponies first appeared on earth. 25 Years since the fall of Discord. I was born June first, 2020. The day Equestria was freed. This is my story.

  • ...
14
 220
 2,055

Chapter 4. Tale Spin

I poke my head over the couch, a human is standing there, Moon Shadow is with her. I frown in confusion, the human is short, slim, with bright blonde hair and big blue eyes. She looks to be about forty. I think she picks up on my confusion, she lifts up the side of her sun dress, revealing a nimbus cloud cutie mark.

My eyes widen, “Nimby!” Ignoring everything else, I leap over the couch, right at Nimby, my hands are between human and pony right now, I throw them around her as I hug her as tightly as I can.

A tear splashes onto my shoulder, she pulls back and cups my face in her hands, “At first, I thought Discord had killed you. Then the ponies defeated him. I found out about the curse. I’ve been waiting twenty-five years to find you again.” She pulls me back into a hug, I sigh happily and hug her back.

After a long time, I hear a cleared throat behind me, I pull away and look back, Dust steps forward, “When you told me who you were, I went through my records. Nimby here talked to Princess Twilight Sparkle. At first she begged to be cursed the same way, so she could turn back with you. Princess Twilight refused. But once the twenty-five years were up, she came through the portal.

I look back at Nimby, she smiles, “Why didn’t you get a unicorn to cast an aura around you? So you could be a pony?”

Nimby giggles, “I was too excited, once my doctor cleared me to go through, I just galloped through the portal, I didn’t even wait. Princess Twilight was there, calling for me to slow down, but I didn’t. Then I had to spend a while figuring out how to balance on two legs. I brought some gold through with me, though I didn’t need it. Lightning Dust here had a chariot waiting for me when I finally got out of the portal complex. I never even rode in a chariot in Equestria.”

“Oh, I don’t care, you are here!” I throw my soon to be hooves around her again.

“So, you can come back home. My herd wants to meet you. I’ve been talking about you for twenty-five years.”

I pull away, a frown on my face, “Back to Equestria? I barely remember most of it, and most of those memories are scary.”

She shudders, “I know, Loopy, I was there with you. But the last twenty-five years, Equestria is back to how it was when we were foals. Harmony reigns again in Equestria.”

I look down, “I wasn’t planning on going back just yet. I have things pretty good here. I have my own airplane, I have friends here, what would Grandma say?”

Kendra comes over and kneels down, hugging me tightly, I smile, “Nimby, may I introduce you to my best friend on this Earth, Kendra.”

Nimby blinks a few times, looking at Kendra, then she leaps over and joins the hug, “Any friend of Loopy is my friend too.” She says.

“How long can you stay, Nimby?” I ask.

She looks unsure, “Well, the portal closes tomorrow at midnight. But they can open the portal when needed.” She runs a hand down her arm, “I miss my wings, though.”

Sunset Shimmer comes forward, “Well, if you want your wings back, there are two options, you can go back through the portal then have an aura cast around you as you come back here. Or the magic of your cutie mark can be used, you can go through the same transformation that Loopy is going through here. You are welcome here, Nimby, for as long as you want to stay.”

Nimby’s face falls, “I want to stay, more than you will ever know. But my herd will miss me. And most of all, my little Loops will miss me even more. I really have to go back.”

I cock my head to the side, “Loops?”

She giggles, “The reason I wasn’t the first through the portal when it opened. I just gave birth, a little pegasus colt. I had to wait to be cleared by my doctor first. One of my herd-sisters is taking care of him, but he needs me.”

I nod, then hug her tighter, “You’ll come and visit then?”

She giggles, “I’ll visit every portal opening, Loopy, I promise. Maybe we can get you to come through the portal sometime.”

Dust comes forward, nuzzling me, “Well, since she’s only staying the night, let’s have fun.”

I look at her quizzically. She smiles, “I knew it would be big for you when she showed up, though I was hoping she would be a pony. Moon Shadow told me how much you missed her. So, we are going to have a party.”

I hear a party horn, and turn around. Mindy is bouncing there, all the furniture is gone, and the room has been decorated, and several tables laden with food have been set up in the last five minutes. How, I have no clue.

Ponies and humans are now starting to show up, Mindy is a party unicorn, parties with no notice are her specialty. Mindy comes up to me, “I know you don’t know most of the ponies that are here. But a party isn’t a party without guests. So, I hope you’ll be able to make friends with some of them.

I reach over and hug Mindy, “Thank you, Mindy.” I murmur in her ear.

***

My eyes pop open, I’m warm, and comfortable. I feel a body on each side of me, Kendra on one side, Nimby on the other. Both are still out. That gets a warm smile from me. Then I notice something, I’m fully pony now. I glance at the wall clock, it’s four in the afternoon! I flop my head back onto the bed and think, the party went on until past two in the morning, then Nimby, Kendra, and I talked until well after the sun came up. Then we decided to sleep. We slept the day away! The good news is I slept through the hardest part of the change. I wiggle my way from between my friends and move to the end of the bed.

I whisper to myself, “Okay, I’ve got wings now, and four legs. How does all of this work?”

I search through the sensations in my head, I can feel these new wings of mine. I couldn’t last night when they were budding, but apparently the wiring is now in place. I use my new, more flexible neck, to look at a wing. It’s comfortably folded at my side. Experimentally I try to get it to move, and am gratified to see it dutifully move away from my body. I keep pushing and the wing fully unfolds. That gets a smile. I turn my head the other direction, and soon both of my wings are extended. I flap them slowly, trying to find a rhythm and how to keep them in synch. I like these new wings!

I’m interrupted by a chuckle from the open door, I look over, Lightning Dust is sitting there, “Typical pegasus, working on the wings before you try to walk.”

I give her a sour look, “I’ve always liked flying more than anything.”

She nods, “I know, and tomorrow, we are going to get you in the air, Loopy.”

I frown in confusion, “I thought you couldn’t…” Then I trail off, I was going to say that she couldn’t fly.

She moves a bit into the room, “I can’t fly, Loopy. That’s why I said we. Irony, Mischief, and I are going to get you in the air. But that will have to wait until tomorrow.”

I furrow my brow, Irony is an Earth pony. I shake my head to clear it. I look back at my sleeping friends, “I wish she could stay.”

The bed shifts as Dust lightly hops up on to it, her wing folds over me. I watch her suppress a gasp as she does so. She brings me close, “She’s got a foal, and a herd. You can see her when she visits. Unless you decide you want to go back to Equestria.”

I shake my head so hard my ears flop, “And leave Kendra? And Grandma? And all the ponies here?”

She murmurs in my ear, “That is an option. Though immigration might let Kendra through, as a close friend of a pony.”

I look at Kendra, she’s already got to learn earth magic. I don’t know if I can ask her to do that. But I don’t want to be without either of them. “Discord was an ass.”

Dust sighs, “Yes, he was. And no, he wasn’t.”

I look up at her, “Huh?”

She moves away, keeping her voice low in deference to the sleeping humans, “Discord was ultimately a creature of balance. Ponies were too orderly, humanity too chaotic. He had to restore the balance.”

“By screwing up our lives.” I growl softly.

She cocks her head to the side, “Your life was made harder, but you weren’t sent to a horrible place. Despite what you saw yesterday, humanity actually accepts us. In fact, our relations with the humans has created a tech boom back in Equestria. And humanity is flourishing as well. A full three percent of the population is showing magical potential. That is a lot of humans, Loopy. Ponies are accepted wherever we go, even in some places that were traditionally very against change. They have accepted ponies and our way of life. In fact, there is only one country that still does not accept ponies.”

“China, I’ve heard.”

She nods, “Yes, China. But on the whole, ponies are a fact of life, Loopy. Some have gone back, well, a lot have gone back to Equestria. But a lot are staying. We are having our own children, we are making lives here. Discord sought balance, and we are all benefitting from it.”

I look back at Nimby, she’s snoring softly, a little bit of drool hanging from her mouth, “I lost her, for twenty-five years, he took away my friend.”

Once again, the wing is put over me, “He took away Nimby, but you have Kendra. Would you give up Kendra to have those years back with Nimby?”

I can’t talk, I feel the tears wanting to fall. She smiles and her other wing comes around and brushes against my cheek, absorbing the tears, “That is a decision you wouldn’t want to make, right?”

I sniffle and shake my head.

I’m pulled tighter into the hug, “We need to wake them up, I’m assuming you’ll want to fly them in your Widgeon to Dubuque?”

Again, I sniffle, “I can’t.”

Dust giggles, “I’m afraid I took some liberty, Loopy. Your plane has already been modified. I had the crew work on it most of the night last night. You can still fly your baby.”

I pull away, “Really?”

She nods, I smile, “Normally, I would be really upset at you for touching my baby without permission.” I hug her, “But in this case, you are forgiven, Lightning Dust. Thank you!”

***

Nimby walks with Kendra and I out of Dust’s house, apparently my plane has been moved to Dust’s dock as well, berthed next to a large pontoon boat with Dust’s cutie mark on the back. I look back at Dust, she was patient and helpful while I had to relearn to walk. Ten minutes of face planting and my legs tangling up. But now I can walk, prance, trot, gallop, all of that. A couple of ponies are sitting by the door to my Widgeon, two of them I recognize from before, Mischief and Zed. A set of identical twins are sitting with them, they are the same color as Princess Luna, a dark, midnight blue, with violet manes, and a single brilliant gumball pink stripe in both manes. Though both have odd color eyes, one bright blue, the other cerise.

Mischief bounces over to me, “Some of our sisters, this is Rinoa.” She says, pointing to the pony with her left eye that is blue. “The other is Rydia.” Indicating the pony with a blue right eye.

“A pleasure.” Both of them say in unison. Though both speak completely monotone.

“When Momma Dust told us to convert your plane for pony use.” Rinoa says.

“We were unsure as to why a pegasus would want an airplane when they have perfectly good wings.” Rydia takes up for her sister.

Rinoa continues, “But after Zed, Mischief and us started, we found that your plane is actually a joy to work on.”

Rydia looks at the Widgeon, “I hope you enjoy our modifications.”

Mischief hops into the air, “You get used to them.” She bats Rinoa’s ear, then Rydia’s, their only reaction is a flick of the ear that is hit, “But if you need help, they are the best.”

“Sister, Please…” Rydia says.

And Rinoa takes up for the other unicorn, “Don’t do that.”

Mischief giggles. Zed walks forward very slowly, his eyes downcast, “I know you didn’t want me to do anything to your baby.” He starts.

I narrow my eyes, “I believe I said something about gelding.” Causing him to flinch. Then I jump at him, flinging my forelegs and wings around him. “I’m sorry for that, I overreacted.” I murmur in his ear, nuzzling his ear. I pull away, and both of his ears are twitching, his face is positively glowing. Then I realize what I did, and my face starts to heat up.

Kendra giggles from behind me, “Loopy, your wings.” I look back and then facehoof.

I hear Mischief giggle, “Oh yeah, I told you Zed. She’s totally got the hots for you.” She narrowly avoids a swap from her brother by flying straight up. She does a loop in the air and lands on the wing lightly,

“So, ya gonna see what we did?”

I cock my head to the side, “In a minute, I want to know something first.”

Mischief frowns, “Okay, what?”

“I’ve heard Zed talk, you call Rinoa and Rydia your sisters, yet you are the only one of your family that talks with a British accent.”

Mischief giggles, “That comes from spending two years in the pony colony in the UK.” She raises her forehooves in air quotes, “Cultural exchange, you need to learn how ponies live elsewhere.” She blows out her breath in a huff, “It was fun, and I love the way they speak, I found myself talking like them within about six months. Zed here,” She flashes down and bats one of his ears, “Can talk the accent even better. But he can turn it off like a switch. I can’t.”

“And you two?” I look at Rinoa and Rydia.

“We didn’t find the accent appealing.” Rydia says.

“So we never really talked like that.” Rinoa finishes.

“It would do you two good to have a little inflection in your voices.” Mischief snarks. Though she wilts at a look from Zed.

Zed brightens, “Let’s look at your plane.”

We are interrupted by a gasp, I turn, Nimby is touching the picture on the front of the Widgeon, “You remembered me.” She whispers.

I move over to her, putting a wing around her, “I had Kendra paint her, my ability to draw can be rated in the negatives.”

Kendra smiles, “I just drew what Loopy told me to draw. I’m okay at drawing.”

Nimby looks back at Kendra then at the plane, “You did a beautiful job, Kendra. Thank you.”

Kendra hugs Nimby as Mischief opens the door to the plane, she doesn’t need to talk, she just points. I move through the cabin, and hop into the new pilots chair. It’s been reshaped for my new anatomy. I fiddle with the controls a bit, figuring out how to fit my hooves into the new wheel, it’s actually pretty natural for me with this, I reach back with a wing and close the main power switch.

I hear a voice next to me, and I have to fight to keep my wings limber, “Grumman did a really good job with the Widgeon, I read up on it after I fixed your altimeter.” Zed says, “The plane is very rugged, designed for rough field landings, and it’s really good on water. The new engines you put in have a lower center of gravity, meaning less chance of porpoising. I did take a couple of design thoughts from some other amphibious planes. You now have a water rudder, and it’s controlled by that new control on your left.”

I put my hoof on the small twist joystick, my hoof fits into it, and I can feel resistance as I try to move it. Zed continues, “Your tail wheel is also controlled by that, it should make taxiing a bit easier. Your hydraulic system is more than adequate for the task.” He smiles, “I also added a small electrically operated trolling motor, it has its own battery pack, and it’s charged off the same system for your bikes. You can go fishing with your plane, any time you want. It’s far more maneuverable in the water than it was. The joystick controls it electrically. It has haptic feedback so you can feel what you are doing with it. I was able to get my hooves on a watertight case and put the computer under your dash. Since you didn’t already have a glass cockpit, I didn’t put one in, though if you want one, I can certainly install one, if you like.”

I look at everything, then I kiss the earth pony on the cheek, he flinches back, his ears twitching, I find my face is glowing, “Thank you, Zed.” I murmur into his ear. He backs up between the seats, his face red.

Mischief bounces over him and comes up next to me, “So, you like it?”

I nod, “Very much so, thank you so much.”

Mischief giggles, “I didn’t do much, I just held the tail up for an hour while Zed installed the rudder and the tail wheel controls.”

I gasp, “That couldn’t have been easy.”

She giggles, “Nah, it was easy, and a lot easier than pulling the whole plane out onto the shore to work on it. Rydia and Rinoa could have moved the water, but they were busy following Zed’s instructions. So, it fell to me.” She smiles at me, “Anyway, I’ll get us out of here, and let you get Nimby to Dubuque.”

I nuzzle the white pegasus. And to my surprise, her face glows as she backs herself out of the plane. Kendra hops in and sits in the front passenger seat, indicating for a hesitant Nimby to sit next to me. I pat the seat with a hoof, letting her know it’s okay. She finally sits down and fumbles with the restraints. For a moment, I’m at a loss. How do I put on a seatbelt with no hands. I hear a voice from outside, “Press the restraint button.” Zed calls.

I find the button and press it, restraints snake themselves over me and hook where they belong, not impeding my freedom of movement, but keeping me securely in the seat. That gets a smile out of me. I check around my plane then reach up with a wing, “Starting one.”

***

It’s after sundown when we land in Dubuque. There is a small airport next to the portal complex. The massive building is bustling with activity. While the portal can be opened at will, it’s not done very often, most business is handled during the regular two and a half year cycle of the portal. Some are coming back to Earth, some are heading back to Equestria. I look at the large marble statue, Nimby is standing next to me.

“You’ll be back, right?” I sniffle.

She nods, “I wish I had remained a pony. I’ll do that next time. But yes, I’ll visit you any time I can.”

The thought of staying pony if I come back, I don’t know. Part of me likes the idea of walking through the portal and coming back human. I think for a long time as Nimby stares at the portal with me. Finally, she breaks the silence, “I’ll miss you.”

I turn and rear up, putting my forelegs and my wings around Nimby, “Exactly as much as I’ll miss you, my friend.”

She sobs a bit, but finally pulls away, “I need to see how Loops is. How my herd is doing. They will want to get back to Cloudsdale.” She kneels down and looks me in the eyes, “I’m so glad you were okay. I hope you’ll come home, sooner rather than later.”

I watch as she walks slowly to the portal. I can feel the magic of the portal, it permeates the room, I could feel it when I landed. This portal represents very old magic. I can feel that in my cutie mark. “Love ya, Nimby.” I whisper as she steps through the portal with a deep thrum.

I turn and walk slowly out of the complex, Kendra catches up to me when I finally exit the complex, “Guess what.”

“What?” I’m able to moan, though when Kendra puts her hand on my head, rubbing my ear, I have to admit that feels pretty good.

“I know you are sad about Nimby. But if you want to visit, I can join you as your guest. So, if you want to visit Equestria, I’ll be there with you. I talked to one of the Equestrian representatives. All you have to do is sponsor me, and I can go with you.”

That actually gets a smile, “Awesome, from what Nimby said, Equestria is far different than I remember it. I think you’ll like it there.”

“Well, Dust said to make sure we fly home tonight. So, let’s go.”

My smile actually wides, “I’m going to fly tomorrow. Without a plane.”

Kendra kneels down and hugs me, “And you’ll do wonderfully, Loopy.

***

Our trip back home doesn’t take us to New Beginnings, we end up landing in Bozeman. I finally land, very early in the morning, at the airport there. A car is sitting there when I taxi up to my parking spot. Irony is on two hooves, and leaning up against it. I have to stop and look as I finally shut down the airplane.

“Wow, it’s pretty.” I say.

Irony smirks, “Dust gave it to me, it’s a 1971 Mustang.”

Dust comes around the car, “It’s not time for gawking at the pretty car, Loopy. Let’s get moving.” She opens up the passenger door and folds down the front seat.

Kendra and I hop in, and get a surprise, “Hi, Mischief.”

She grumbles at me a few times and lies her head back down.

“You’ll have to forgive my wayward daughter, she’s not a morning pony.” Dust says with a chuckle.

Irony sits down in her seat and turns the key. The engine roars to life and we sedately drive out of the airport and south from the city. I’m tired from flying most of the night, so Kendra and I just nod off in the back seat.

A couple of hours later, I notice the engine has been cut off, I pop my head up, looking around. Dust opens the door and once again folds the seat forward, allowing me to emerge into the bright sunlight. We are parked well off the road. I can see the trail we apparently followed in. Irony opens the trunk and pulls out a large duffel bag, along with another bag that clinks a bit. Dust grabs the duffel, but Irony fends off Dust trying to grab the other bag. “I’m here to help, love. Let me.” She says softly. Dust huffs and leads us in between the trees. After about ten minutes of walking, we make it to the edge of a sheer cliff. A long and wide valley is in front of us, pine trees everywhere. It’s so beautiful that I almost can’t believe my eyes.

Dust fearlessly steps to the edge of the cliff, looking down, “Many years ago, I was severely injured. After months of recovery, I was finally cleared to fly again. This is where I took my first flight after my injuries.” She looks at me, her eyes boring into my soul, “And this is where you are going to fly, Loopy.”

I look at the cliff edge and back at Dust, “How?”

Irony shrugs off the bag as Dust sets down the duffel. She opens the zipper and various bits and pieces are pulled out. Dust slowly goes about assembling… whatever it is.

After a few minutes, “Ohhh, it’s a hang glider.” Kendra says.

Dust nods as she fits an aluminum tube into another piece, “I can’t get in the air the usual way. So I fly with this.” Her voice turns mournful, “It’s not the same, but it helps me.” She looks at me, “A bit.”

She gets the fabric covering for the glider, and starts to stretch it across the frame. I move forward to help after it slips off one side for the third time. Before I touch it, I can see Dust’s face. I back away from the venomous glare she’s directed at me.

“I can handle it myself, Loopy.” She growls, then continues her work. In a few more minutes, everything is tightened and ready to go. Dust finally smiles. “Mischief.”

The white pegasus takes to the air as Dust proceeds to strap herself into the glider. Mischief hovers over to me, “Now, you’ve figured out how to move your wings, now let’s see how you can connect your magic with your wings, allowing you to fly.”

Over the next ten minutes, Mischief instructs me how to move my wings, how to feel my connection with the power inside myself.

“Okay, give it a shot, just a gentle lifting off the ground.” Mischief says. I feel that power, and finally flap my wings in unison, feeling that power move through me. My hooves lift off the ground. After a moment, I let my hooves touch the ground again. I look at Mischief, a big smile on my face.

“Okay, that’s good.” Mischief says, then she pushes me.

Right. Off. The. Cliff.

My scream rings through my ears as panic overwhelms me. I flip over to see the ground rushing towards me, and my fear fades as I spread my wings and use my magic. I flap furiously and check my fall. As I rise up, Dust’s hang glider makes it over the cliff edge. I angle to follow her.

“Why is it so tiring to fly?”

Dust pushes on the handle, changing her course, she smirks at me, “The Loopy I remember could fly for hours without breaking a sweat.”

I look down at the trees, “I don’t remember all of that.”

“Moon Shadow is an amazing dreamer, but shaking loose all your memories.” She sighs, “That is beyond anypony. All it takes is time.”

I pull up, Mischief just buzzed us. Dust chuckles as she handles the wake produced by her daughter.

I sigh as I follow Dust as she spirals in an updraft, “I remember flying. But just the flying, not how I did it.”

“Balance, young pegasus. That was a problem you had in junior speedsters camp.”

I shake my head, and almost lose control as my wings lose coordination. I flap furiously to keep up.

“You are soaring gracefully, and I can barely keep in the air.”

“I have good, and expensive, equipment. You have your own wings.” She looks at me, “You just have to figure out why they aren’t doing what you want them to do.”

I think furiously, though I can’t really focus on much other than keeping my wings in rhythm.

And I lose that rhythm as Dust says, out of the blue, “Did you ever take anti-depressants?”

I scramble to get back into rhythm and think furiously, “After my parents died, I was in a very dark place. But I didn’t go to the doctor. I had to move to Kansas.” I look over at her, “I started taking classes to get my pilots license. I found that flying was something that I needed to do.”

She looks at my wryly, “Something you are struggling with now.”

I smile, “No kidding.”

“Oye, are we gonna fly, or what?” Comes Mischief’s voice. She’s right over me, she reaches down and flicks my ear, then takes off, the report of a sonic boom coming back to us as I watch her leave a bright trail behind her.

Dust laughs, “I miss that, go ahead, push yourself. See what your magic is capable of.”

I can feel the connection, but it feels tenuous. I sigh, I can do better than this. I remember flying against Discord. I wouldn’t last ten seconds against him right now. I push for a bit of altitude as Mischief buzzes her mom again. I dive to follow the white pegasus. I feel a tug against a rear hoof as I pass Dust’s glider. I look back, one wing has partially collapsed, she’s spinning down towards the trees.

“Oh no.” I moan as I fold my wings and dive after the stricken glider. I watch her impact with the trees as I follow her.

I get to the ground, and quickly gallop over to Dust’s glider. She’s lying there, she’s moving, that’s a good thing. I grab part of the glider and back up, pulling it off of her.

She rolls over, emitting a wheezing laugh. Tears are rolling down her cheeks. I move over to her and snake a hoof under her head, pulling her up. She continues to laugh, she opens her eyes and focuses on me.

Continuing to chuckle, Dust reaches out a hoof and touches my face, “Thank you, Loopy.”

I try to suppress my tears, “I caused you to crash, I’m so sorry.”

She gasps in pain, nuzzling her left foreleg, “I think it’s broken.” She looks at me and smiles, “It’s alright, Loopy. That was exhilarating.”

I furrow my brow, “But you crashed.”

Her golden eyes focus on me again, “It was fun.”

“What the hell is going on here?” Comes a shout as Mischief slams to the ground. Her wings extend in rage as she stalks towards me, “You hurt my mom. I’m going to kick your…”

“Mischief.” Dust shouts, checking her daughter mid scream.

Mischief wilts at the tone of voice, “Yeah, mom?”

“It was an accident, Loopy had zero desire to hurt me. How about you make yourself useful and help me get back to the car?”

Mischief directs a poisonous glare at me as she picks her mother up, I help by fully disconnecting her from the ruined glider.

“You can help at least by taking the glider back to the car.” Mischief growls as she streaks off. I look around, and slowly gather the parts. Soon all the parts are all within the fabric, which I pull up, with my wings straining, to Irony’s car. When I get up there, Irony pulls the makeshift bag from me gently. She puts it in the trunk and opens the driver’s door so I can hop in the back with Kendra. Mischief is nowhere to be seen.

I look at Dust, “I’m so sorry.”

She looks back at me, a smile on her face, “Don’t be, Loopy. You need to get confident in the air. I know a couple of unicorns that can help with your magic.”

Irony starts the car, “Do you want to go to the hospital here, love?”

Dust chuckles, “It’s a long drive to New Beginnings. Perhaps Bozeman might be a good idea. I’ve heard a couple of pony healers are working there.”

I shake my head vehemently, “Oh no, I’m going to fly you to New Beginnings.”

Dust looks back at me quizzically, “How?”

I cock my head to the side, “My plane, of course.”

Author's Note: