• Published 30th Jul 2015
  • 3,052 Views, 73 Comments

My Little Neptunia - The Magic of Friendship - Ausbrony



Join Neptune as she finds herself in a strange new world unlike anything she's seen before. Will she find a way home? Well, not on her own, lucky she's made a few new friends.

  • ...
8
 73
 3,052

Delayed production finally sees results.

Twilight Sparkle.

Student of the immortal and wise Princess Celestia.

Alicorn Princess of Friendship.

Multiple times saviour of the world.

She honestly thought she'd seen everything at this point.

But this? This was new.

After meeting a strange new pony that claimed she was a Goddess from another world, she really thought she couldn’t be surprised.

Until said pony literally lead the wolves to her door. Well, one very large and angry wolf.

Neptune and Spike bolted through the door, just as Twilight slammed it shut, her horn blazing as she erected a magical barrier. Even then they could hear the giant wolf slamming against it.

“Okay!” Twilight turned and stared at them. “What did you DO Neptune?”

“Whoa, way to auto blame the new girl,” Neptune said with a deadpan tone. “And what makes you think it’s my fault Not-Noire?”

Twilight’s eye gave a dangerous twitch. “Because Spike wouldn’t do something so stupid,” she said and pointed at the door. “What the heck even IS that thing!?”

“Well,” Neptune rubbed her chin. “I think it’s a monster from my world. I can’t remember the name, but I’ve fought ‘em a bunch of times.”

“So, can you beat this one?” the alicorn asked her.

“Well, I have no powers and no sword… soooo, prolly not,” Neptune shrugged.

“There's weapons in the basement,” Spike pointed out. “I think the castle came equipped for guards, but we have none.”

“Well… better than nothing I guess,” Neptune shrugged. “Lead the way Dragon Boy!”

Twilight stomped a hoof. “Now where are you going!?”

Neptune paused and turned around, a smile on her muzzle. “Just keep that doggo out while I grab some equipment.”

“Are you serious!?” Twilight yelled as the earth pony wandered off, following the dragon to the basement level of the castle.


“Are you serious?” Neptune deadpanned as she looked at the ‘swords’ that Spike had mentioned.

Wooden training swords. Wooden shields… cotton tunics and barding. This was a mystical princess castle. Neptune was expecting a legendary sword, sleeping and awaiting the chosen one to draw it. A single swing could annihilate armies and make the girls swoon with it’s heroic aura.

“Laaaame,” the mare groaned. “Well fine, I guess it’s the token starting weapon, and I can’t cheat with DLC either.”

“Huh?” Spike blinked. “Well whatever, this is all we got sorry.”

“Better than nothing I guess,” Neptune said as she picked up the sword with her hoof…

With her hoof.

Wiiiiiiiith her hoof…

“I DON’T HAVE HANDS!!” Neptune yelled to the heavens. “How the crap do I use a sword without hands?”

“Um… with your mouth?” Spike pointed out like the answer was obvious.

“You’re kidding? You’re kidding, right?” Neptune sighed. She leaned down and picked it up with her teeth. “Oh groff! Ifs all dufty!” She spat it out and coughed a few times. “This sucks!” she exclaimed. “I can’t fight like this. How am I supposed to beat the Fenrir without a weapon?”

“Fenrir? That’s what it’s called?” Spike asked as he looked around. She had a point though, a wooden sword wouldn’t do squat against something like that. “Sooo…?”

“Soooo, we’re probably screwed,” Neptune sighed and slumped. “I can see the reviews already. ‘I signed up for a cute moe RPG, not a Dark Souls clone’.” She stared at the supposed weapons and then her hooves. With no Sharicite here, she was a mortal through and through. She’d age, and could probably be defeated by a basic slime…

“Hey, you can beat that thing right?” Spike asked, pulling her out of her introspection. “I mean, you said you’re a Goddess. So, that thing should be no problem.”

“It’s…” Neptune said and paused. How could she tell this little kid she couldn’t do squat?

“I believe in you,” Spike nodded. “I don’t want my friends to get hurt but—”

The rest of his words fell on deaf ears as Neptune felt a small spark of something deep inside. She looked as her chest and put a hoof to it. She knew that power, she’d become accustomed to it over many many years. But how was it possible? Histoire might know… if she were here. Wait…

“Can you, say that again?” she asked Spike. “The first part.”

“I… believe in you?” Spike repeated as she felt that spark again. Belief, the power that fueled Sharicite. Only this time… this little dragon was generating that power. Though, kids always did have a stronger sense of belief than adults.

“Yeah… I got this,” She said as she picked up the sword. “Leff go!”


“I totally don’t got this!” Neptune yelled as she ran away from the Fenrir. While Twilight had done a valiant job of keeping the wolf at bay with a shield, Neptune’s confidence had faltered quickly when she’d landed a blow on the Fenrir… and done absolutely nothing.

“Crap crap crap crap!” she yelped as the Fenrir slammed the space she’d previously stood with a massive, clawed paw. “Heeeeelp!”

“I thought you said she had this?” Twilight said to Spike as she prepared to teleport Neptune away from the fight.

“She said she did and I believe her!” Spike nodded, wringing his claws together. “Come on Twi, you gotta believe it to.”

“All I believe is that she’s going to get herself killed,” the alicorn stated. “It’s an animal, maybe Fluttershy can calm it down?”

“Didn’t Fluttershy go out of town with Rainbow and Starlight?” the dragon reminded her.

“....Horseapples,” Twilight cursed. “I’d better get her out of there…” But what was she supposed to do about that wolf? It was big enough to nearly swallow a pony whole. If that thing decided to pay attention to the rest of the town? It would be an unmitigated disaster.

Then they heard a scream as she looked over the edge of her balcony. Wait, what were the Crusaders doing here!?

Their screams had gotten the attention of the Fenrir too, as it turned around to look at them…

“Awcrap! Lil babbu poners!” Neptune exclaimed as she stopped running. She needed to distract this thing somehow. “To hell with it…” she muttered as she jumped, kicking the wolf in the head with one of her hooves, making it yelp. She expected the little ponies to run away.

Not stay stare at her with wide eyes.

“Cooooooool~” the little orange one said. “So cool! Look at her beat that monster up!”

“Yeah! Kick its butt!” the yellow one with the cute bow cheered.

“You can do it!” the white marshmallow pony squeaked.

And the Fenrir turned back towards them, it’s maw drooling as the trio finally realised that they might be in a spot of danger. They slowly started to back up as the wolf advanced on them. Twilight’s horn flashed, about to try and shield them from an attack…

But their earlier cheers had a… particular effect on a certain Goddess-turned-pony…

“Cross Combo!” she shouted as she leapt into the air, delivering a powerful, five-hit strike on the Fenrir with her wooden sword. It yipped and yelped… before deciding this prey wasn’t worth it and fled from the area, running back towards the forest.

“Y-Yeah… you better run,” Neptune panted as she dropped her sword.

“That was so totally AWESOME!” Scootaloo cheered, her tiny wings buzzing excitedly. “It was all like RAWR and you were all like HIYA!”

“You shoulda run away!” Neptune yelled, making the trio shrink back. “That was… really dangerous!”

“But ya totally saved us,” Applebloom said and smiled. “That was super cool!”

“Weell…” Neptune scratched her head. “I was pretty awesome there huh?’ she smiled, her anger already forgotten under a little praise. Oh ye of colossal ego…

“Ya know, I get the distinct feeling I just got insulted,” Neptune huffed as Twilight landed next to her. “And the cavalry is late, coulda used some help there Sparky.”

“I’m tracking it via a spell,” Twilight said to her. “That way we’ll know if it comes back. For now…”

And then Neptune fell sideways, that was the last thing she heard…


Nepgear paced up and down the hallway. It had been days since an investigation was launched to her sister’s disappearance. But so far, nothing had turned up. Even the Ultra and Mega dimensions were looking into things. But so far, Plutia and Uzume had reported nothing but dead ends. Neptune was nowhere to be found.

“So…” Noire said as she sat in a meeting room with Histoire and the other remaining Goddesses. “What’s the bet the little idiot is either dead, or fallen into yet another dimension?”

“She’s not dead,” Histoire said. “If that were the case, Nepgear would have been elevated to full Goddess. As it stands, she’s still only a CPU Candidate. Besides…” she sighed and shook her head. “Would Neptune really die so easily?”

“No, she’s like a cockroach,” Noire groaned. “So, how do we find her then? The only way we found out that she and Nepgear were in the Mega Dimension was because Nepgear was able to contact you… Neptune isn’t that smart.”

“Yes, and who knows how many worlds are out there,” Histoire said. “We’ll keep looking, someone has to know something. IF is still using the Guild’s resources to look into it. And I won’t completely discount the Mega Dimension just yet.

Then Noire squeaked as her phone suddenly buzzed. Reaching into the pocket of her skirt, she pulled and out and flipped it open. “Yes, this is Noire…”

<Why helloooo Noire-poo~ I was hoping you’d—>

Noire slammed the phone closed and blushed. “How the HELL did that pervy robot get my phone number!?”

Then the phone for the Basilicom rang, Histoire bringing the caller up on screen as the image of Anonydeath filled it.

<Now that was just plain rude,> Anon said with a huff. <And here I am trying to help.>

“Oh cram it!” Noire yelled. “What help could you possibly provide?”

<I know what happened to your little purple goddess~>

“Saywat?” Noire blinked.

“You… You know what happened?” Vert replied, her tone filled with doubt and hesitation. “Forgive our skepticism.”

<Of course,” Anon chuckled. “But, you can blame this little absence on our dear Arfoire. She used a… particular item. One she underestimated, as she is missing too.>

“Get to the point,” Blanc growled. “What did that stupid old hag do?”

<Well, I don’t really know on that account,> Anonydeath said with a simulated sigh. <However… I can lead you to the one that sold her the item.>

“And let me guess, there’s a price,” Noire sighed.

<Well naturally, information doesn’t come free Noire-poo. Perhaps… for a few swimsuit photos…>

“Go die in a barnfire!”

“Noire… you take more risque photos with your cosplaying,” Blanc pointed out as Vert tapped away on a tablet.

“That is NOT the point!” Noire exclaimed. “The point is that creepy perv will have them and—”

<Payment received~> Anonydeath beamed. <My thanks Lady Vert.>

“Not a problem, they’re from our last beach resort trip,” she smiled.

“Whhhhyyyyyyyyyy!?” Noire moaned.

“Because we need to get Neptune back… just take the payment out of her hide,” the Leanbox Goddess smiled.

“...remind me never to piss you off,” Blanc shuddered. “Alright robot! Give us the info.”

<Yes yes, you can find the seller at this location,> A map popped up onscreen, a red blip on it. <Better move quickly, I hear he travels around a lot and pops up at random locations.>

“Great…” Noire cracked her knuckles as she stalked from the room.

“Did… anyone else see the dark aura around her body?” Histoire asked.

The others refused to comment. If they didn’t see it, it didn’t happen.


The Fenrir yelped as the beam of magic tore it apart, reducing it to nothing as Arfoire sighed. “Well that was a waste of time and effort,” she muttered.

“Why not just do it yourself chump?” Pirachu said to her as he reclined on a log.

“Because that’s worked out so well for me in the past,” Arfoire stomped a chitinous hoof. “Plus… I feel like this form is capable of more. I need to master it before we try a direct confrontation.” She walked over to the pond they’d set up camp near, staring at the vaguely equine face in her water’s reflection.

“I’ll destroy her… if it’s the last thing I do.”


Neptune groaned as she slowly sat up, only to be eased back down.

“Careful now,” a gentle voice said. “You have a few injuries. Minor as they are, I’d rather you not aggravate them.”

“Urh… Compa?” she groaned, her head was pounding and she felt like someone had just been digging at her for half a chapter. Sure, kick the girl that was already down. Totally not cool.

“No,” the voice said as Neptune opened her eyes, seeing a little white pony with a pink mane and tail. A nurse’s cap on her head as she helped the earth pony sit up. “My name is Redheart. Princess Twilight brought you here after you were injured in a monster attack.”

“Ahh,” Neptune’s brain rebooted as she recalled the Fenrir popping up. That was weird though right. Popping into another dimension wasn’t uncommon for the Goddess, but everything about this world had been unusual from the get go. “Well, at least I got a cute nurse to patch me up right?”

“Indeed,” Redheart rolled her eyes. “Try not to make a habit of this Miss Neptune. I already one mare that likes banging herself up every other day.” She pointed at a bed that had a nameplate on it. Rainbow Crash or something? “Anyway. You should be right to leave in a bit. I’ll just need you to sign a few things.”

“Alrighty,” Neptune waved as the nurse took her leave. “Dang, no Nep Bulls huh? No powers… no potions. What if she died here? That’d mondo suck. The mare exhaled and looked out the window. “If I get the Bad Ending scenario… least my nation’s in good hands with Nepgear. She’s a good kid.”

“Hey Neptune,” a familiar voice said as Twilight walked into the room. “I’m glad to see you’re okay. But, try not to be so colossally reckless next time huh?”

“I make no promises,” Neptune said with a nod. “And thanks or bringing me here. You’re a real pal.”

“Someone has to look after you,” the alicorn chuckled and shook her head. “Also, that monster is gone. My spell cut off not too long after it fled into the Everfree Forest. Perhaps something else got it?”

“Huh? What’s that place?”

“A wild and chaotic place. The plants and trees there grow without the aid of earth pony magic. The weather controls itself and it’s full of dangerous plants and monsters.”

“Oooh, so that’s where to go to grind my levels huh?” Neptune wondered i she could find some basic monsters to level up on.

“Uh… how about you don’t go into the dangerous murder forest?” Twilight deadpanned. “Only certain places are somewhat safe. Like Zecora’s hut or the Castle of the Two Sisters.” Twilight paused as she saw Neptune’s expression fall. The downcast look a new one on a mare that had been frustratingly happy-go-lucky up til now. “Is something wrong?”

“Huh?” Neptune herself didn’t seem to notice she’d been looking like that. “No, I was just thinking about my lil sis. She’s super smart and resourceful… but kinda prone to spacing out and panicking.” Neptune shook her head. “It’s not the first time we’ve been seperated. But I worry you know. S’a big sister’s duty to look after her lil sis.”

“I know what you mean,” Twilight said as she sat on the end of the bed. “I worry about Spike whenever he’s not around. Or when I have to go on a dangerous or distant mission. We’re not related by blood, obviously. But I hatched him, and he’s been like a little brother every since.”

“Hatched? Then wouldn’t that make you his Mommy?”

“I was five at the time. That’s a little bit too young to be a mom you featherhead.”

“I guess, just calling it how I see it. Not my fault I haven’t seen your backstory yet. The writers should really get on that.”

“...I’m going to ignore that,” Twilight groaned. “Anyway, I filled out your discharge papers on the way in. So, shall we get going?”

“Oh, sure,” Neptune said as she rolled out of bed and onto the floor. Twilight was about to warn her about her injuries but…

“Wait, what?” Twilight blinked as she looked the mare over. Where’d they go? She was covered in scratches and a few bruises when they came in. Now she looked as good as new.

“Well?” Neptune asked, oblivious to the young Princess’s concerns about her rapid healing. “Where to?”

“Oh um, we’ll head back to the castle for now. There’s a few things I’d like to discuss with you Neptune.”


Princess Mi Amore Cadenza, aka, Princess Cadance, was just entering her throne room. While she’d had the day off, spending it with her little Flurry Heart. An urgent message pulled her away. Leaving her with a trusted maid for the moment, the alicorn entered the room to find Shining Armor, Starburst and two ponies in mining gear.

“Alright, I’m here now,” she said, closing the doors behind her. “What’s the big emergency?”

“Well,” one of the mining ponies spoke up. “Some hours ago, we made a discovery. After exploring one of the older sections of the mine, one during Sombar’s rule. We ound an empty chamber.”

“The problem is,” the other one spoke up. “That it wasn’t a natural cave. The walls with smooth, and covered in odd symbols.”

“Show her,” Shining said as they nodded and pulled forth a crate. Cadance raised an eyebrow as they removed the lid.

Inside was a crystal. A perfectly cut, blue, eight-sided crystal. It seemed to float under its own power and Cadance could feel something radiating from it. It wasn’t normal magic, nor did it feel like that of the Crystal Heart.

“I did a few scans,” Starburst spoke up, adjusting his glasses. “But nothing that can confirm what’s powering it, or even its composition.”

“Wait, we don’t even know what it’s made of?” Cadence blinked.

“No, its like no mineral found on Equus. At the very least, none that have ever been recorded. I’ll need to go through the old wing of the Crystal Library. See if there’s any notes from a thousand years back.” She scratched his goatee and closed his eyes. “Your Highness, with your permission. I’d like to take this to Ponyville. Starlight and Twilight are two of the smartest ponies I know. Plus, I’d like to compare it to the Tree of Harmony.”

Cadance mulled over this for a moment. “Alright. That might be a good idea. In the meantime, I’d like that chamber secured and thoroughly documented. If this is something pertaining to Sombra, we can’t take any chances with it.”

“I’ll have a detachment of guard move out right away,” Shining saluted. He turned to the miners and nodded. “Come on you two. Let’s move.”

“I’ll head home and pack a few things,” Starburst said. Cadence nodded as the stallions left, leaving the crystal in her care. She turned and looked at it with a small frown.

“I really hope you’re not a bad omen,” she said quietly as she replaced the lid on the container. Equestria had seen enough of that in recent years. Her empire was still recovering and she did not need this throwing a wrench in the works.

Comments ( 13 )

Yes!!!! More NEP!! This is starting to look really interesting and I can’t wait for twilights reaction to Purple Heart.

“I was five at the time. That’s a little bit too young to be a mom you featherhead.”

“I guess, just calling it how I see it. Not my fault I haven’t seen your backstory yet. The writers should really get on that.”

There was a comic about this... apparently Celestia raised Spike for most of his early years, but asked Twilight to take over for her when she was too busy.

And yeah, Nep-Nep's going to need more Shares if she's going to help keep Arefore at bay until the others find Equestria... maybe she could introduce video games here?

Oh snap. Is that a Sharicite? Or is that a CPU Memory? Either way, we gon' see Best Heart appearing soon.

And the other CPU's better get Neptune back before she accidentally monopolizes the Shares of Equestria.

9688394
It’s a lot more likely that it’s a sharicite due to the fact that Neptune can still feel and receive shares so she wouldn’t really need a CPU memory. As she only actually loses her powers when she goes to a dimension where shares specifically work differently like ultra dimension. She only really lost her shares when she went to zero dimension because she was cut off from her people and thus her shares. The sharicite of this world likely appeared for one of two reasons.
A new CPU was born due to fact that Neptune introduced shares to this world and soon we will see CPU Crystal Heart or since Neptune can’t draw on her own sharicite that she was basically born with, when she got new shares in this new land a new sharicite was created and Neptune is now the CPU of Equestria.
That feel when it’s actually a CPU memory and Flurry heart becomes the new CPU.

9688465
....
You uh...

You actully just gave me an idea.

Eheheheheheehhe~

9688542
Plz no CPU flurry Heart lol she would have to be in her CPU form at all times because she would be a baby for the rest of her life lol and that’s if her CPU form ages her up as it would Likely have to for her to even function.
Though what ever idea you got it’s likely going to be very interesting.

Even the Ultra and Mega dimensions were looking into things.

There is no Mega Dimension, though. The world Uzume lives in is the Zero Dimension. Sure, the game is called Megadimension Neptunia VII, but that'd be like if the world from Re;birth1 and the original would be called Hyper Dimension (despite it being the Super Dimension in those games).

9688792 Yeah I f**ked up. It's been a loooong time since I played V-II. I'll fix it when I get the chance. Cheers bru.

9688465
Well, considering that the Alicorns are revered as basically goddesses, would it be any surprise if Luna and Celestia (especially Celestia) suddenly erupted into a flurry of prismatic crystal data and stepped out in a CPU form?

Although... this might cause a paradigm shift of how Equestrian politics work. Already, it's a diarchy bordering on theocracy with how ponies swear by Celestia's name. And now Shares could possibly affirm her divinity by turning her as a bonified goddess. (Heh, maybe she can win a fight for once)

On that topic of Share-based entities being born, Shares appear to have two sides to it. Faith and belief are not inherently based on good thoughts. We can have positive aspects like hope and prosperity, and there are negative aspects like fear and strife (case in point, Deity of Sin's rebirth not through happiness but through fear of her and the strife ASIC caused)... Antagonists like Sombra and Nightmare Creatures can capitalize on that and utilize that effect to harvest enough negative Shares to actualize themselves into reality.
For example, the Crystal Pony's ingrained fear of him can have him revive quite easily with the right ritual. It would take using Gehaburn to permanently keep him down at that point.

Another thing to consider is how Shares would interact with local powers such as the Elements of Harmony, Love, and Chaos. Would it conflict or would it boost some powers? Would those intuned with these powers be able to influence Shares indirectly like that? I mean, what would happen if Discord combined the energy of Shares with his Chaos? The implications may be scary!

NEEEEEPPPPP!
YAY!

Hooray More Nep!

See you again in two years :P

But seriously though, more Nep is good Nep.

And I seriously hope that is a sharicite, because I the sooner we get goddess Nep the better.

“I’ll head home and pack a few things,” Starburst said. Cadence nodded as the stallions left, leaving the crystal in her care. She turned and looked at it with a small frown.

Sunburst?

Login or register to comment