• Published 29th Jul 2015
  • 1,494 Views, 27 Comments

The Fault In Our Harmony - Miralusa



A new evil has arisen in Equestria, can the Mane Six and Sunset Shimmer stop Chaos from rising, Or will their own worst nightmares be too much for them? And will Sunset and Twilight's relationship ever be the same again?

  • ...
9
 27
 1,494

The Journey Ahead...

Sunset followed Gwen cautiously as Gwen turned a corner down into an alleyway.

“That’s the last time I go out, I’m so sick of these crazy ponies,” Gwen said as she grabbed a sack off of a crate and retrieved an apple from it. She took a bite out of the apple and smiled a bit. “Although the apples they make here are to die for,” she added.

Sunset ducked behind the crate as Gwen moved further down the alleyway.

“You know it’s rude to spy on people,” Gwen said and spun around lifting the crate with her magic.

Sunset sat there wide-eyed as she looked at the very angry Alicorn in front of her. “How did you…?” Sunset asked.

“You pick up a few things when you're on the run, now what do you want?” Gwen asked angrily as her horn lit up.

“Just to talk, believe me, Gwen this is just as weird for me,” Sunset answered with a hoof on her chest.

“How do you know my name?” Gwen asked jumping back in surprise.

“I know you, not you you, but the other you from my world,” Sunset said quickly trying to calm Gwen down.

“What are you trying to say?” Gwen asked more confused than angry now.

“I come from a different world where there is a girl just like you, same name, same appearance… Kind of. Except you aren’t like her at all,” Sunset said lowering her gaze to the ground.

“And how am I not like her?” Gwen asked her anger returning a bit.

“For one she would never have beaten anyone up no matter who it was, and she never flew off the handle at anyone,” Sunset stated still looking at the ground.

“She sounds like a pushover, that could never be me,” Gwen replied laughing now.

“I can prove it,” Sunset said with certainty.

“How?” Gwen asked with a cocked eyebrow.

“You like rainbows, your very athletic but don’t want to upstage people. You’ve always had a preference for athletes with slight ego issues. You also prefer mares but are shy to admit it for fear of what people might think of you. You right-hoofed but you like to tell people you're ambidextrous… And also you have an unhealthy obsession with the color red,” Sunset said as she finished her list and looked up at Gwen who had a look of pure surprise on her face. “How would I know all that if I didn’t know you personally?” She asked confidently.

Gwen remained quiet for a minute or so contemplating what Sunset had just said to her. Her magic dissipated and her muscles relaxed. “So you know another me, so what?” Gwen asked sitting down now. “It doesn’t make me your friend,” she added.

“I understand, I just want you to hear me out, I need your help,” Sunset said with sincerity.

“A complete stranger who somehow knows a lot about me, and you want me to help you?” Gwen asked.

“I know it sounds crazy but we need your help. It involves an ancient evil that can destroy this world,” Sunset replied.

“And by an evil you don’t mean Chaos do you?” Gwen asked now suddenly concerned.

“Yes I do, wh…” Sunset began but was immediately cut off.

“I’ll help you on one condition,” Gwen replied with renewed anger.

“And what is that?” Sunset asked slightly skeptical now.

“As soon as I see it’s dragon lackey, I’m gonna kill him,” Gwen answered with no hint of it being a joke.

Sunset’s eyes went wide in surprise. “Umm, ok,” she said, Definitely not the Gwen I know… What happened to her?

“Great, when do we leave,” A voice said from the wall and Discord materialized on it.

“Who’s this?” Gwen asked immediately alert again.

“A friend, Discord this is Gwen, Gwen this is Discord… He knows your other self as well,” Sunset said quickly as she tried to diffuse the situation.

“Oh great another one, just how many other are going to be on this trip?” Gwen asked resuming her defensive stance.

“Just us,” the Doctor said from behind Sunset.

Sunset spun around to see the Doctor and Shining Armor standing at the end of the alleyway.

“Sorry to interrupt but we have to get going, we don’t have much time,” the Doctor said urgently.

“Where are we off to?” The question came from Gwen much to the surprise of everyone.

“To Griffonstone,” the Doctor stated with a smile.

“That’s quite the hike,” Sunset stated as they left the alleyway and followed the Doctor. “And in the other direction,” she added pointing in the opposite direction.

“Don’t worry I have transport that can get us there in half the time,” the Doctor said. “Alonze,” he yelled happily and began running.

“Your friends insane,” Gwen said to Sunset as they ran after him.

“Believe me, I know,” Sunset said with an exasperated sigh…

XXX

“It’s a box,” Sunset said in disappointment.

“Oy, she’s called the TARDIS,” the Doctor said defending the box.

“‘She’s’ a big blue box,” Discord said pointing at the TARDIS.

“Don’t be so rude, she is so much more than that,” the Doctor retaliated and stroked the box gently.

“Don’t get us wrong it’s a nice box, but how is it meant to move and how are we all going to fit into it?” Shining asked.

“Why don’t I show you,” the Doctor said and stepped into the box.

“Doctor, we don’t have time for this,” Sunset said as she followed the Doctor and found herself met with a large room that shouldn’t be on the inside of the box. She looked around in surprise and saw the Doctor with a wide smile on his face. Sunset quickly stepped out of the box and started looking around it. She did a full circle of the TARDIS feeling along it’s frame and then stuck her head back inside of it before bringing it out to look at the TARDIS again and then she stepped back inside. “How?” She asked the still smiling Doctor.

“A pocket dimension created using Timelord technology,” the Doctor stated leaning back on the control console in the middle of the room.

“So magic?” Sunset asked as everyone else went through the same cycle as she did when she stepped into the TARDIS.

“No science,” the Doctor said as everyone else entered the TARDIS. “Now, come on we need to get moving and I have no time to explain the TARDIS to all of you… So everyone grab a hold of something and hold on tight!” He added with an insane smile.

“What?” Everypony else asked in confusion.

“Alonze!” The Doctor yelled and flipped a switch. The TARDIS then lurched violently as he grabbed hold of the console.

Sunset was thrown forwards and hit the console which she held onto for dear life.

Everypony else grabbed hold of something sturdy in the TARDIS.

“You're insane!” Sunset yelled over the groaning of the TARDIS’s core.

“That’s your insane, Doctor!” The Doctor yelled back. “Welcome aboard miss Sunset Shimmer!” He added with a laugh as he pushed a button and extended a hoof towards Sunset.

Sunset was actually starting to enjoy having the Doctor around. It’s like having Pinkie Pie around, except with less physics breaking. She thought with a laugh as she accepted the hoof with her own and shook it. This journey is certainly going to be interesting.

The Doctor veiled his despair at what was to come. I’m so sorry for what is going to happen, Sunset Shimmer… And how it will affect Twilight. He thought to himself as the TARDIS continued on course to Griffonstone.

Author's Note:

Dun Dun Dun! What could the Doctor mean, could it be that something will happen to Twilight or Sunset, there will be a giant transformer making it's way through Ponyville? Or is it the Joker in a thong? I don't know, stay tuned to find out what it is. :pinkiecrazy: So leave a comment with what you think, and as always I will see you... In the next chapter, Tarkus/Gwen out! :pinkiecrazy: