• Published 29th Jul 2015
  • 1,494 Views, 27 Comments

The Fault In Our Harmony - Miralusa



A new evil has arisen in Equestria, can the Mane Six and Sunset Shimmer stop Chaos from rising, Or will their own worst nightmares be too much for them? And will Sunset and Twilight's relationship ever be the same again?

  • ...
9
 27
 1,494

Dawn Of A New Age

Sunset awoke with a start in the morning and found herself laid across Twilight. She immediately sat up and looked at Twilight, she wasn’t shaking anymore but her eyes were still wide open in fear. Sunset put a hoof on Twilight’s cheek and looked Twilight in the eyes. “Everything’s going to be alright, baby I promise,” Sunset said and planted a kiss on Twilight’s forehead. “I’ll be right back,” she added and exited the room. Sunset made her way to a vending machine and got herself a coffee. “At least they have coffee here,” Sunset said in relief as she retrieved the coffee with her magic. It’s weird having the horn again as well... And the tail. Sunset looked back at her tail and wagged it around a bit. “Yep still weird,” Sunset said with a sigh as she plopped down on one of the chairs in the waiting room and brought a hoof to her forehead and laid back and then took a sip of her coffee. “I should have been there, Twilight deserves better than me… It took her almost dying to get me to come back. I’m just so useless,” Sunset whispered to herself as a single tear began to run down her cheek. Her sadness turned to anger and she chucked the coffee into the wall and ran her hooves through her mane and growled in anger. “Useless… Just so useless,” Sunset repeated over and over again as she sat there not knowing how to feel. That’s when Sunset realized something. Where is everyone else? At those thoughts a stallion burst through the door carrying four mares in a magic bubble and one on his back.

“Help, I need some help over here!” The stallion cried out and looked at Sunset. “Help!” He yelled at Sunset.

Sunset sprung to her feet when she realized it was her friends that the stallion was carrying. She took hold of two of her friends inside of the magic bubble.

The doctors came rushing into the waiting room in a panic. “This way, quickly,” One of the doctors yelled ushering Sunset and the stallion into Twilight’s room. “Set them on the beds and we’ll take it from here,” The doctor ordered.

As soon as Sunset and the stallion set them down on the beds they were pushed out of the room by the nurses and the door was shut in their faces.

“What happened to my friends?” Sunset asked the stallion.

“You know them?” The stallion asked.

“Yes,” Sunset replied simply.

“I know them too, and I don’t think I’ve ever seen you before,” The stallion said looking Sunset over.

“Um, my name is Sunset Shimmer,” Sunset said with a nervous smile.

“So you’re Sunset Shimmer,” The stallion said with a surprised look.

“That’s me,” Sunset replied. “And you are?” She asked.

“Oh right, I’m Shining Armor, Twilight’s older brother,” Shining replied cracking a weak smile.

“Oh, well this is awkward… I really thought we would meet under better circumstances,” Sunset said looking away with a sad expression on her face.

“I know what you mean, Twilight talks about you a lot, it seems like the only thing she talks about apart from business,” Shining said with a short laugh.

“Wow, really?” Sunset asked slightly surprised.

“You mean a lot to her, I don’t even want to think what would happen if she lost you again…” Shining trailed off and looked at the door to Twilight’s room.

“I know the feeling,” Sunset said.

“So where is Twilight anyways?” Shining said with a determined look. “I need to tell her something really important,” he added with a hopeful look.

“She’s in there,” Sunset replied pointing at the door.

Shining’s expression immediately fell into despair.

“You might want to sit down for this,” Sunset said and led Shining into the waiting room.

Sunset and Shining sat across from eachother and Sunset told Shining all that she knew about what was going on.

“Chaos…” Shining muttered under his breath which Sunset managed to hear.

“Who’s Chaos?” Sunset asked with concern in her voice.

“He might be responsible for Twilight’s condition too, and the girls. Last night I travelled to Canterlot with Flash Sentry for the latest Griffon Stone peace talk. I was selected because the princesses were off to Yak Yakistan on a secret mission,” Shining started and then took a deep breath. “When we got to Canterlot we arrived just in time to witness a ritual taking place that created darker forms of your friends and put them in some form of trance. There was a dragon there that looked like Spike which had a talking amulet around it’s neck. If what you’ve told me about Twilight’s condition is true then I believe they are all connected to this Chaos character and Tirek,” Shining finished and sat back in the chair contemplating this theory.

“Then what do we do? Because there’s a dark version of my friends and my girlfriend out there with the thing responsible for all of this…” Sunset trailed off as she heard a sound from nearby.

Discord came barrelling through the door and landed in front of Sunset.

“Discord?” Sunset asked.

“Princesses… In trouble… Trap…!” Discord attempted to say. “Muffins!” Discord exclaimed and fell unconscious.

Sunset and Shining looked at each other with concern and could feel the lack of magic emanating from Discord.

“He’s dehydrated and his magic reserves are low,” Sunset said as she then checked Discord’s pulse, his pulse was playing a tune that sounded oddly like Shine Like Rainbows. “Sometimes I hate Discord’s anatomy,” Sunset said and started to hoist Discord up.

Shining Moved to help her and took most of the weight on his shoulders. “There’s time when you don’t?” Shining asked with a laugh trying to lighten the mood.

“I guess so,” Sunset replied with a short laugh before she returned to her serious expression. “He mentioned something about the princesses being in trouble though,” she said with concern.

“I don’t like this, Sunset someone's messing with us and I’m sure it has to do with Chaos,” Shining said as they laid Discord down on a bed and sat beside him.

“I think you're right but we can’t be sure until Discord comes to,” Sunset replied looking at the unconscious Discord.

“You go and wait for them to get back with the results for Twilight and the rest of them, I’ll stay here and keep an eye on him,” Shining said and waved Sunset away with a hoof.

Sunset simply nodded and exited the room and sat on a chair in the waiting room.

Another stallion entered the waiting room with gelled back hair a suit and tie and a brown trench coat. “Hello I’m looking for a Sunset Shimmer?” The Stallion asked in a british accent.

“I’m her,” Sunset replied. What is it now? She thought to herself. “And you are?” She asked with a cocked eyebrow.

“Hello I’m the doctor,” The stallion replied with a wide smile.

“Doctor who?” Sunset asked confused...

XXX

Cadance came to in a dark cavern, she didn’t know where she was and noticed she was chained to the wall by the neck. She noticed Luna still unconscious beside her with Celestia there hugging her sister close to her, they were both similarly chained like Cadance was. “What happened?” Cadance asked struggling to remember what happened after the fight.

“We were taken out by Chrysalis and brought here… Wherever here is,” Celestia answered looking around them at the prison.

“What about everyone else, our soldiers… Discord, where are they?” Cadance asked now slightly panicking.

“I’m sorry Cadance, after the fight Chrysalis ordered her changelings to kill the rest of the army, and I don’t know what became of Discord, we can only hold out hope that he survived,” Celestia replied looking down in sorrow.

“Let’s hope,” Cadance said with a regretful tone. “I knew it was a trap,” she added and buried her face in her hooves.

“It’s not your fault, Cadance, the blame lies solely on my shoulders,” Celestia replied.

“I disagree, you are all at fault,” A voice said from outside the prison cell.

Celestia and Cadance turn to see Spike standing there. “Spike?” Cadance asked in disbelief. “But how, why?” She asked.

“To serve the lord Chaos, the ritual is almost ready, I had planned to have Discord's powers added to his but alas Discord has eluded us, so you three will just have to do,” Spike answered with a wide smile. “Enjoy your last moments of comfort with eachother, unlike Twilight and the rest he will not spare you, this ritual is your end,” he added and walked off.

Celestia and Cadance looked at eachother in disbelief and then hugged eachother and Luna close and hoped for rescue. It’s all over, if Twilight and her friends are gone then there’s nothing stopping Chaos.

Little did they know there was one other that had the power to stop this...

Author's Note:

Yes I made a Doctor Who reference, and Doctor Hooves is going to be a huge part of the story now, I won't reveal in what way however just know that it's going to be amazing! And just so you guys know I am a major Doctor Who fan and I want to make Doctor Hooves more like David Tennant since he's my favorite... And for those who don't know Doctor Who I'm afraid you might not get a lot of the references I make in the coming chapters. But anyways leave a comment with what you think and as always I will see you... In the next chapter! Tarkus/Gwen out. :pinkiecrazy: