• Published 29th Jul 2015
  • 1,494 Views, 27 Comments

The Fault In Our Harmony - Miralusa



A new evil has arisen in Equestria, can the Mane Six and Sunset Shimmer stop Chaos from rising, Or will their own worst nightmares be too much for them? And will Sunset and Twilight's relationship ever be the same again?

  • ...
9
 27
 1,494

The Tree's Gift

Sunset had successfully managed to break everyone out of their nightmares, which was no easy task on her part. They all sat around the war table with Celestia and the other princesses along with The Doctor.

“You're leaving?” Sunset asked The Doctor in disbelief.

“I have to go with Gwen to Griffonstone, we need all the help we can get and the Griffon’s are that help,” The Doctor replied.

“What if you don't get back in time?” Celestia asked with slight worry in her voice.

“We will,” Gwen said as she moved to The Doctor’s side. “Of that you have my promise,” she added as she moved to the exit.

“Then be swift, princess,” Luna said with a bow. “And bring back hope for everypony,” she added.

Gwen bowed and then the both of them left the room.

“So what’s the plan?” Applejack asked looking back at the assembled group.

Rainbow Dash slammed her hoof down on the table. “We go out there and beat these creeps in a full frontal assault!” She exclaimed.

“And you remember how well that turned out last time, darling,” Rarity stated with a cocked eyebrow.

“If only we had the gift of the Tree of Harmony to use,” Fluttershy said with a sigh.

Twilight suddenly opened her eyes wide. “That’s it!” She exclaimed.

“What is, Twilight?” Sunset asked in surprise.

“The Tree of Harmony is, we may have returned the elements, but we could still get them back provided we give them back,” Twilight explained as she started to pace.

“But won’t the Everfree Forest come alive again like last time?” Cadance asked.

“After a short while yes, but we only need the elements for one battle and then they can be returned directly afterwards,” Twilight said as she placed a hoof on the table.

“She has a point,” Luna said nodding her head.

“Like we’ve said before, what do we have to lose?” Sunset stated.

Celestia nodded. “Then it’s settled, we will plead our case to the Tree of Harmony, but we must do so immediately,” she said as she got to her hooves and walked out of the war room followed closely by Twilight, Sunset and their friends. “Luna, Cadance I’m trusting you and Discord with the defence of Ponyville until we get back,” she added looking back at Luna and Cadance.

They nodded back as the group left the room.

XXX

Celestia approached the Tree of Harmony cautiously. “The Princess of the sun calls upon the spirit of the Tree of Harmony!” She announced to the tree.

“What’s she doing?” Pinkie asked Applejack.

“Don’t know,” Applejack replied.

“Shh,” Twilight and Sunset said at the same time.

The tree remained silent.

“Will you not help us in our time of need? Chaos has returned and it shall undo everything that we have sought to protect!” Celestia yelled and her voice echoed throughout the cave as she came within hoofs reach of the tree.

The tree still remained silent.

“Damn it! Stop this now, too many people have died for this war already and I won’t stand losing anyone else!” Sunset yelled pushing past Celestia and started climbing the tree.

“Sunset no!” Celestia exclaimed in panic as she tried to grab hold of Sunsets hoof.

Sunset tried to pull open the element of harmony chamber. “No more!” She yelled as the tree started to light up and soon everypony was enveloped in a blinding light.

XXX

Sunset opened her eyes to a world of pure white, a figure in the distance could be seen but their features were hidden from Sunset’s sight.

“Who is that?” Sunset called out to the figure.

“I am the spirit of the Tree of Harmony of course,” the figure said, and suddenly the tree flashed in Sunset’s vision briefly.

“How do I know that this isn’t one of Chaos’s tricks?” Sunset asked still trying to discern the features of the ‘tree.’

“If it were do you really think I would be trying to help you?” The figures voice sounded feminine in nature as she slowly started to move towards Sunset, her features were still blurred out however to Sunset.

“Chaos works in confusing and winding ways, and I know from experience not to trust voices in my head,” Sunset said with a guarded tone, raising every wall she could.

“Can you really afford to be picky at this time, you said it yourself, you have nothing to lose,” the figure said.

“How did you-” Sunset started.

The scene of Sunset in the war room saying she had nothing left to lose played out in her mind.

“My dear Sunset Shimmer, you have so much to lose, more than you can imagine, did you ever wonder why Chaos wanted to corrupt you?” The figure asked.

“Because of my past,” Sunset replied cautiously.

“No, it is because he fears your power and what you will become,” The figure shot back.

“Look, can you help us defeat Chaos or not? I don’t have time for games” Sunset shot back.

“The question is, do you really need my help to defeat him?” The figure asked.

“We are on the edge of the rope barely able to hang on, we need the power of the elements!” Sunset exclaimed losing her patience.

“The power lies inside of you, Sunset Shimmer. Take the elements of Harmony if you wish. However they will not help you achieve your goal,” the figure placed her hand on Sunset’s shoulder.

Sunset then realized the tree took on the form of a human. “What does that mean?” She asked her frustration turning to confusion.

“In due time you will know all that you possess, Sunset. But in order to understand your true power you must face your greatest fear and you must conquer it, but you must do this alone,” the spirit stated and her features became slightly clearer.

“What must I do?” Sunset asked.

The spirits features became as clear as day and Sunset’s eyes went wide…

XXX

When Sunset came to she found her friends surrounding her with worried expressions. “Did it work?” Sunset asked.

The tree suddenly opened up and the Elements of Harmony drifted out and and attached themselves to the mane six.

“You did it Sunset!” Twilight exclaimed and hugged Sunset.

“Glad I could help… But you guys will have to go on without me,” Sunset said, looking away from her friends and Twilight.

“Why’s that, darling?” Rarity asked concerned.

“There’s something I need to take care of, and I need Celestia's help,” Sunset said sitting up.

“So you're leaving us to fight on our own?” Rainbow asked in disbelief.

“I’ll be there, I promise, We’ll just need this last card to play, trust me,” Sunset replied confidently.

Twilight leaned forward and kissed Sunset and smiled before standing up. “Alright, Sunset we trust you,” Twilight said and looked to her friends who all nodded back at her. “Girls, let’s go kick some Chaos ass!” She exclaimed with a fire in her heart.

“Good luck, everypony,” Celestia said and hugged Twilight. “Come home safe, Twilight,” she added and Twilight nodded in response.

Sunset walked over and hugged and kissed Twilight. “Love you, Twilight,” Sunset said with a reassuring smile.

“Love you too, Sunset no matter what happens,” Twilight replied with her own smile and then released the hug and gathered her friends. With one last look back to Sunset they were off to call out Chaos.

Sunset could see the pain in Twilight’s eyes from the loss of her brother, it tore Sunset apart to see her like that, but Twilight was strong and she knew that the grieving had to wait.

“Now why exactly do you need me?” Celestia asked looking to Sunset.

“I’ll explain on the way, I just hope that the tree was telling the truth… For all our sakes,” Sunset said as her and Celestia began their run deeper into the Everfree Forest.

Author's Note:

So I decided against going through everypony else's nightmares because it would have taken way too long, hence why this chapter came out so late, I made four different versions of this chapter which were all awful but this one really spoke volumes to me so I decided to keep going and here it is. Can anyone guess what the true power of Sunset is? :rainbowderp: Well you'll have to wait and see, until next time, to all my Tarkumaniacs out there, Tarkumania is running wild! So whatcha gonna do when the entire of Tarkumania runs wild on you, brother? (or sister) Tarkus/Gwen out! :pinkiecrazy:

Comments ( 5 )

That was pretty interesting. I wonder what's going to happen to Sunset?

When you run wild I will be sitting in the corner with toffee popcorn and watching

Motherf...... find this story. Love it. Then see in hasn't been updated in years. F....

way did you cancelled it

Login or register to comment