• Published 29th Jul 2015
  • 1,481 Views, 27 Comments

The Fault In Our Harmony - Miralusa



A new evil has arisen in Equestria, can the Mane Six and Sunset Shimmer stop Chaos from rising, Or will their own worst nightmares be too much for them? And will Sunset and Twilight's relationship ever be the same again?

  • ...
10
 27
 1,481

Living Nightmare

“They came out of nowhere, millions of them attacking every major city and outpost in Equestria,” Celestia said to the assembled group of Cadance, Luna and Sunset Shimmer. “Some of them being led by Chrysalis, Tirek or the dark versions of Twilight and her friends. It’s utter Chaos out there,” she added noticing the use of her words and scowling at them.

“Who’s left, sister?” Luna asked worried.

“There are many fledgling towns and cities, but we’re cut off from them… As of right now, Ponyville and what’s left of Canterlot stands alone,” Celestia replied maintaining her regal stance as best as she can.

The door opened suddenly and The Doctor stepped through followed closely by a royal guard.

“Apologies, your highness but he would this ‘Doctor’ insists he has information for you,” The guard said.

“I told you we were not to be…” Celestia started, her patience cracking plainly.

“Wait, let him speak, it’s not like we have any better ideas right now,” Sunset said with a heavy heart.

“She has a point,” Cadance stated.

Celestia held back another scowl and resumed her regal demeanor. “You have five minutes, Doctor, but we are trying to plan for a war here,” she said with as little anger as possible.

“We need to revive Twilight and her friends, with their powers we should be able to defeat Chaos and his forces,” The Doctor stated quickly.

“And how do you propose we do that, they are in comas and our best doctors can’t get them out of it,” Cadance said clearly confused at the Doctor’s train of thought.

“That’s why I needed Luna and Sunset before you took them away for this war summit,” The Doctor said with an exasperated sigh.

“What can we do?” Sunset asked angrily.

“I know what they’re suffering from, a sleep induced coma that makes the victim's experience their worst fears become reality,” The Doctor explained.

“How do you know this?” Luna asked.

“Because I’ve seen this before, when Chaos last sought to destroy Equestria,” The Doctor replied sternly. “Time traveler, remember,” he added seriously.

“So if it’s dream induced…” Sunset started.

“I’m the only one that can get them out,” Luna finished.

“Bingo,” The Doctor said pointing his hoof at Luna.

“But what do I have to do with it?” Sunset asked.

“You're the wild card, the aspect that Chaos never expected to show up, which is why he tried so desperately to control you,” The Doctor continued. “You're the only one that can enter Twilight’s nightmare and pull her out,” he added. “Now can I have them,” he said eyeing Celestia.

“I’m going to try it,” Sunset said and looked to Luna.

“As am I,” Luna said stepping up. “Let’s go save our friends,” she added and smiled at her own comment. My friends, yes that’s what they are.

“Then go you two, we need our best mares back in action,” Celestia said and waved the two of them to follow The Doctor.

XXX

Luna and Sunset stood at Twilight’s bedside and looked at her still frightened form.

“Are you ready?” Luna asked looking at Sunset.

“I have to be for her,” Sunset said with a determined look.

“Alright, I’ll be with you for the trip in, but you’ll have to do the rest, Chaos has a strong mental lock that only you can pass through,” Luna said as she put a hoof on Sunset’s forehead.

Sunset nodded and took a deep breath.

“Clear your mind, relax so I can link your minds through mine,” Luna said as she put her other hoof on Twilight’s forehead.

Sunset closed her eyes and relaxed her mind. When she opened them she found herself in a dark expanse. “Luna?” She asked looking around.

“I’m just connecting your minds, stay calm,” Luna said from all around Sunset.

Suddenly Sunset saw a bright light.

“Step into the light and you’ll enter Twilight’s nightmare,” Luna said.

Sunset steeled herself and entered the light.

XXX

Sunset entered through the portal that lead to Canterlot high, only it was completely destroyed. This is Twilight’s worst fear? Sunset though to herself as she looked around. She then saw the source of the destruction. Her stance faltered and her eyes started to tear up. Twilight's worst fear was… Me… Sunset couldn’t believe what she saw. The old her in demon form laying waste to all that she saw. It wasn’t the fact that it was her that Sunset was heartbroken about, it was the fact that it had happened. I lost control and almost slipped into that abyss again… Thinking that Twilight would want me to, but she would never want that. Sunset thought as she punched the statue. I’m so stupid, how did I ever deserve her? She looked over and saw Twilight curled up in a ball and crying refusing to even raise her head.

Without thinking Sunset ran to her weeping girlfriend and embraced her.

Twilight’s eyes shot open and she scurried away from Sunset. “Get away from me! You're not real and I know it!” Twilight screamed as she brought her knees closer to her body and continued to weep. “You're not my Sunset,” she added weakly.

Sunset slowly approached Twilight. “I am your Sunset though, I’m here for you, Twilight. It really is me and I’m here to get you out of here,” Sunset said as she pressed a hand to her heart.

“How do I know it’s you?” Twilight asked as she still backed away from Sunset.

Sunset reached out and held her hand there, close enough for Twilight to reach out and hold it. “Because I’m your girl, I said I’d always be here for you, and I meant it… I’m here to bring you home Twilight,” Sunset said with a smile.

Twilight slowly reached out and clasped Sunset’s hand. “Sunset, is it really you?” She asked shakily.

“It’s really me, Twilight,” Sunset replied maintaining her smile.

“Sunset!” Twilight yelled and jumped into Sunset’s arms, hugging her tightly.

“I’ll always be here for you, Twilight no matter what,” Sunset said as she slowly ran a hand through Twilight’s hair.

Twilight pulled back slightly and gazed into Sunset’s eyes and then moved closer and kissed Sunset.

Sunset closed her eyes and kissed back as the world started to fall apart around them. Soon it disappeared leaving the two of them there kissing, and soon they woke up.

XXX

Twilight and Sunset came to at the same time and embraced each other and quickly resumed their kiss.

Luna came to as well and fell backwards shaking her head vigorously to clear her mind.

Cadance walked into the room and saw Twilight kissing Sunset and she blushed. “Ahem,” Cadance said not looking at them.

Sunset and Twilight pulled back and blushed as they giggled.

Sunset’s face got serious quickly and she sighed. “Twilight, there’s a lot we need to catch you up on,” She said reluctantly.

“Can it wait, Cadance is here,” Twilight said with a smile. “Is my brother with you?” She asked.

“I’m so sorry, Twilight,” Sunset said as she looked away from Twilight.

“Sorry about what?” Twilight asked confused.

“We’re both so so sorry,” Cadance said with a look of pure sadness.

“What is it, where’s Shining Armor?” Twilight asked starting to panic.

As Sunset and Cadance told Twilight of her brother's fate Twilight’s face changed from panic to pure sadness and grief and she started to cry.

Sunset and Cadance held her as she cried and then started to cry with her.

Author's Note:

Chaos is spreading, so can the Mane Six stop it? I don't know. :derpytongue2: I just write whatever comes into my deluded, insane mind. :rainbowlaugh: I hope you all loved this chapter, and remember that after the next chapter goes up I will be writing another one shot story. So stay tuned for that. So leave a comment with what you think, and I will see you... In the next chapter, Tarkus/Gwen out! :pinkiecrazy: (Embrace the Sunlight)