• Published 4th Aug 2015
  • 5,502 Views, 87 Comments

Prototype: Equestria & The Rise of Pariah - The Joeker



Pariah... thats was what they called me, that is my name, all I've ever known, all I ever will... but the End War changes that, but something happened I did not expect... Did everything go completely wrong or completely right? Only time will tell...

  • ...
23
 87
 5,502

The Scientist.

As I prepared to head to Canterlot for a meeting with Princess Celestia, I wondered what adventures or rather mis-adventures the 6 would get up to, I was expected to be back tomorrow, sometime in the afternoon, just the time for their adventures.

I headed to Golden Oaks basement, where I had set up a laboratory, I had found that after consuming that half dead pony, some rather colourful DNA cells had been responsible for my mood swings, sometimes I would be 'human' or a quite polite guy, I could be angry which is due to some black cells also vying for control, or I could be benign, like with NM.

The colourful and black cells had been 'eating' my normal cells, but had lately stopped, and I now had more control of my attitude.

I had also been testing some virus strands, maybe I could turn the Manticores into a new type of Hunter class infected, there are also many more a creature I could turn, but it would not be to take over Equestria, no, just for protection.

I also had my military backpack here, just in case as it had my guns and MREs in.

I exited the lab and sealed the door to it.

I exited the library and locked the door, Twilight was actually coming with for a few hours, leaving the library to Spike who was out and had his own key, the 5 mares were waiting as I switched to my pony form.

Pinkie started crying.

"Don't forget about me!" she sobbed.

"How could I forget you? you make the best cakes." I said and she smiled again.

"Promise?" she asked.

"Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a cupcake in my eye." I said and did the actions, I found it best to humour Pinkie.

"Darling, I hope you have a great time and, if you do find a way home, do write us a goodbye letter." said Rarity.

"Of course Rarity." I said.

"Yeah yeah, big whoop, you're going, so what?" asked RD acting benign.

"I'll miss you to Rainbow." I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever Big P." she said.

"Bye Fluttershy." I said as the mare lightly hugged me and I returned it.

"Goodbye, I hope you find a way home, visit if you can, if you don't mind..." she said and hid behind her mane.

"Of course." I said and moved to AJ.

"Well pardner, it's been an honour." said and we shook hooves.

"Wait!" called Spike.

"What?" asked Twilight.

"I just wanted to say goodbye." said Spike.

"See you later big dragon." I said.

"See ya Pariah." he said and we shook hooves/claws.

"Come on Twilight." I said and we left to the station.

We sat on the train in a private carriage.

"So, what's with the... slippy slide, tendril... thing?" asked Twilight.

"Save the Q&A for the castle Twilight, Celestia will want to know as well." I said.

"That's true." said Twilight, suddenly memories plagued me and I held my head, I had a memory from Nightmare Moon.


(If you've never played Prototype, this is what a memory is like and the feel I'm going for and a bit of info as Pariah is similar to Mercer.)

"Alone... sooooo alone... nopony cares about you... your own sister despises you!"

"That is not true!"

"Isn't it, Luna? what does she do to help you? nothing!"

"She does help us! whenever we need it!"

"You are alone Luna, let me make it right... let me be there for you..."

"we- we won't!"

"Think about it Luna..."

"..."

"..."

"Ok..."

And the memory ended, it seemed Nightmare Moon was talking to Luna, turning her against her sister, and herself.

"I'm still here!" came a voice... Nightmare Moon!

"And I will trap you forever!" and I blacked out.

-Meanwhile, Twilight Sparkle's POV-

"Pariah? Pariah!" exclaimed Twilight, Pariah's... tendril things were writhing all over his body and his eyes were rolled back into his head and he was blinking rapidly.

Twilight pulled a cord in the carriage that made the train go faster in an emergency.

The train sped up and reached Canterlot in 10 minutes, Twilight carried him in her magic and ran to the palace, where she saw Celestia waiting.

"Twilight! what happened?" asked Celestia as she saw Pariah on Twilight's back.

"Something happened to him!" exclaimed Twilight.

"Come, we must get him into the infirmar-" she cut off as Pariah took in a huge breath and stood up, turning back into his original form with his marine gear.

"ahhhh!" he grunted after yelling, the guards came running and Pariah started bashing his head on the floor.

"GET OUT OF MY HEAD!" he yelled, and threw his head on a guard's spear, much to the guards horror.

"Oh horsefeathers... what have I done..." asked the guard, suddenly Pariah pried his head from the spear and had eyes like Nightmare Moon in his original form.

"Hello again Celesti-" she cut off as Pariah suddenly threw up viral paste, the DNA of Nightmare going with it.

He was on his hands and knees facing the floor before getting to his knees.

"Good evening Princess, we have much to talk about." he said as his face repaired itself as he reabsorbed the DNA he spewed up, hopefully regaining control.

"Indeed..." said Celestia, he saw Princess Luna looking at him with her hoof on her mouth in shock.

Pariah approached Luna and smiled.

"Princess Luna, it is an honor to be in the company of royalty as important and... beautiful as yourselves." he said, Luna was remarkably bigger than before, she blushed and ran to her room.

"Luna seems to be doing well." laughed Twilight nervously.

Pariah approached the guard who's spear was in need of a good clean, the guard gulped as Pariah approached him.

He put his hand on the tip of the spear and absorbed the biomass back.

"Thanks." said Pariah.

"Yes she is, thanks to you and Pariah, what just happened?" asked Celestia.

"Memory leak, I call them, if somepony's will that I've consumed and 'kept' is strong enough they can push forward and try to seize control, first time they've succeeded, and the last, I know how to combat her now, I only keep the person alive inside of me if they deserve to suffer, and Nightmare deserved to suffer."

"So... you can see Nightmare's memories?" asked Celestia.

"And Luna's, if I try hard enough, but I don't wish to intrude on yours and her life."

"Thank you for respecting our privacy." smiled Celestia.

"It's fine, I wouldn't want a stranger poking around my memories." I said.

"Well, welcome to Canterlot, Pariah." welcomed Celestia.

"Thank you Celestia." I said as she sat on her throne and waited... just waited...

"Pariah! bow!" whispered Twilight harshly.

"No, she's not my ruler." I said.

"I agree, he is not from here, now come, like you said, there is much to discuss." said Celestia and led us out

We sat at a table and Celestia talked to us.

"So Pariah, where are you from?" asked Celestia as Twilight got a scroll and quill.

"Earth, pretty much lie Equestria, called Planet Gaia, 80% water it's mass is 5,972,190,000,000,000 billion kg, it's equatorial diameter is 12,756 km, it's polar diameter is 12,714 km its equatorial circumference is 40,030 km, it's known moons are 1,
notable moons: The Moon also called Luna incidentally, its orbit distance is 149,598,262 km (1 AU) orbit period is 365.26 Earth days which are 24 hours and the surface temperature is -88 to 58°C." I said, I consumed quite a few scientists during my time in captivity.

"Tell me some more." said Celestia who was sipping tea.

"The Earth’s rotation is gradually slowing but this deceleration is happening almost imperceptibly, at approximately 17 milliseconds per hundred years, although the rate at which it occurs is not perfectly uniform. This has the effect of lengthening our days, but it happens so slowly that it could be as much as 140 million years before the length of a day will have increased to 25 hours. The Earth was once believed to be the centre of the universe due to the movements of the Sun and planets in relation to their viewpoint, ancient scientists insisted that the Earth remained static, whilst other celestial bodies travelled in circular orbits around it. Eventually, the view that the Sun was at the centre of the universe was postulated by Copernicus, though this is also not the case. Earth has a powerful magnetic field, this phenomenon is caused by the nickel-iron core of the planet, coupled with its rapid rotation. This field protects the Earth from the effects of solar wind and there is only one natural satellite of the planet Earth, as a percentage of the size of the body it orbits, the Moon is the largest satellite of any planet in our solar system. In real terms, however, it is only the fifth largest natural satellite. Earth is the only planet not named after a god, The other seven planets in our solar system are all named after Roman gods or goddesses. Although only Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn were named during ancient times, because they were visible to the naked eye, the Roman method of naming planets was retained after the discovery of Uranus and Neptune and finally, of all the planets in our solar system, the Earth has the greatest density, however this varies according to the part of the planet; for example, the metallic core is denser than the crust. The average density of the Earth is approximately 5.52 grams per cubic centimetre." I said.

"Tell us about the Moon, my sister will be most interested." said Celestia.

"Sure, the Moon or Luna, is the Earth’s only natural satellite and was formed 4.6 billion years ago around some 30–50 million years after the formation of the solar system. The Moon is in synchronous rotation with Earth meaning the same side is always facing the Earth. The first unmanned mission to the Moon was in 1959 by the Soviet Lunar Program with the first manned landing being Apollo 11 in 1969. The Circumference at Equator is 10,917.0 km, the diameter is 3,475 km, it's mass is 73,476,730,924,573,500 million kg, 0.0123 x Earth, the average distance from Earth: is 384,400 km, it's length of Orbit is 27.3 Earth days and it's surface Temperature is -233 to 123 °C."

"Thank you, now can I ask about you?" asked Celestia.

"Sure, but I'm not sure I know about me." I said.

"What are you?" asked Celestia and I laughed.

"I am a virus actually, Redlight, they called mine, an... acquaintance of mine was Blacklight, an artificial release." I said.

"Artificial? you mean... created?" asked Celestia.

"Yeah, Hope, Idaho was a military town inhabited by military families of different ethnicities. It was originally built by the US Army, under the guise of testing a self-sufficient base in case of a nuclear attack... it was Project Redlight...2 (memory time)

"After the success of Carnival I, a military operation, the government opted to test out the virus on humans. For this purpose, they created an artificial town, Hope, Idaho, filled with a cross section of ethnicities and backgrounds. The cover story was that it was a military experiment to test self sufficient towns in case of a nuclear war, the virus was disguised as a "harmless" solution simulating fallout and the townsfolk eagerly participated in the tests, literally "rolling up their sleeves" for the researchers to inject them with the substance. The project began on June 11, 1964. As part of it, 461 subjects were infected with "DX-1118 A", a variant of Redlight virus, the virus had no effects on humans for over 998 days. On August 8, 1968, Elizabeth Greene's strain of the virus took control of the whole town, turning the people into mindless slaves, protecting her. The town was recaptured after a major battle with the infected the following year, on July 7, 1969, when Blackwatch moved in and incarcerated Greene, who was then only 19 years old, Elizabeth Greene was my mother." I said.

"Oh my sun..." said Celestia.

"How much can you handle? can you handle visions of death?" I asked.

"Yes..." she said.

"I can show you vaguely what happened, and Blacklight, this memory is about him and Hope, and another one straight after is again about Hope... and me, the third as about the same as the last." I said.

"Ok." said Celestia.

I put a hand on her and dug a tendril in lightly, giving her the memories.

(Go to 2:10 until the end of that memory and 2:50 until the end of that.)

"Oh my..." said Celestia.

"Are you ok?" asked Twilight.

"They... what they did..." said Celestia with tears falling from her eyes.

"I have to live with the fact I survived, but I've removed my guilt from that, my conscience is clear, my mother was killed by Mercer- ahem, Blacklight, but I didn't care when I heard, I never knew her, I spent 16 years in a cell, 4 at war, I'm adapted to being alone, having friends so fast is... more than I can properly handle." I said.

"So...what are you?" asked Celestia.

"A Runner, a class of infected, a chosen virus, my mother was human before the virus humans look like me, bipedal, but all our faces are different due to genetic makeup similar to your fur colourations." I said.

"Pariah... the name that is not a name..." she said.

"Yes, I was assigned a 'project' originally I was Project Redlight, then Crusade, and now Pariah." I said.

"I'm sorry..." said Celestia.

"Don't be, I enjoy it for the most part." I said.

"Have- have you killed anypony?" asked Celestia, I saw Twilight freeze and lower her scroll to look at me.

"A Manticore mauled a pony, badly, he was almost dead, I put him out of his misery and consumed him, keeping his memories and letting him rest in peace but it was only so I could learn about the world, I then consumed the Manticore that killed him." I said.

"I see, for being truthful, I can forgive you, and for putting him out of his misery I thank you." said Celestia, I could tell Twilight was surprised.

"What you showed me... why didn't anyhuman tell the authorities?" asked Celestia and I responded with a dry laugh.

"The 'authorities' are the ones who authorised the project, the Government themselves." I said and she gasped.

"Monsters..." she said angrily.

"No, I'm the monster, they're Frankenstein, I could destroy the world with a flick of my hand, I could release my virus and kill everything, but I don't, life is precious." I said.

"I agree, there has been no war in Equestria for over 1000 years." said Celestia.

"I'm happy for you, truly." I said.

"Do you wish to go back?" asked Celestia.

"I wish for the opportunity, my country is at war with another currently, I was about to be dropped into enemy territory when I wound up... here." I said.

"I have an explanation for that, the legend of Nightmare Moon tells of the stars aiding her escape, but at the moment they started to move in her favour, they created a magic disturbance, my guess is you were very high up when the disturbance occurred and you were transported here?" she asked.

"Yes, I was falling in fact, I landed in the forest near Fluttershy's cottage." I explained.

"I see, I will try to find you a way home with Twilight, you can adjourn to your quarters if you want." said Celestia and I nodded.

I headed to the guest quarters, Twilight showed me them and bid me goodnight, I didn't take in the room and I flopped in the bed and entered my memories.

Author's Note:

Marl. Marl! talk to the people!

Huh? ok, hey guys! how're you? you ok? hows the weather where you are? here in Devon it's great! my homie an' I are on holiday! hope you liked the chapter, I provided the facts about the planet btw, my homie would be lost without me, even though he could've used the internet... love y'all! peace.