• Published 22nd Nov 2015
  • 1,327 Views, 19 Comments

Forgiveness Follows - xStellar_Bubbles



Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon apologize to Princess Twilight, but not in a way Twilight herself was really expecting.

  • ...
0
 19
 1,327

Fangirl Love

It was pretty much an average day for anyone in the land of Equestria. Some days can just be like any other old day. However, this was not the case for the foals at a schoolhouse in Ponyville. On this early afternoon, where the fillies and colts played blissfully on the playground without a care in the world, their day will usually be ruined by the clichéd rich and spoiled brats that are by the names of Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon. But, much to all of the foals' surprise, they remained dormant, sitting next to each other on a single, simple wood bench, having a conversation.

"I just still kind of feel terrible, DT," Silver Spoon said to her friend.

"Me too, actually. Maybe we were too malicious for our own good?" Diamond Tiara said in reply. There was a slight pause, but then came laughter from the two fillies.

"Ha ha! No seriously, though. I think we should make up to Princess Twilight for our Twilight Time incident, maybe."

"Well, I guess you're right, actually." Suddenly, Diamond Tiara was interrupted by a comment of a certain orange pegasus from an entourage of two other fillies.

"Oh my gosh, they have feelings, guys!"

"Scootaloo, shush!" said the yellow earth pony by the name of Apple Bloom, which triggered an annoyed glare from Diamond Tiara.

"Great, you blew our cover!" said the pink filly to her seemingly more annoyed best friend, who sighed in reply. Then, a pony who goes by the name of Sweetie Belle, almost cowardly, approaches.

"So..." she started, "... you're not going to tease us like you always do? Not even call us blank flanks?" There was a brief pause, then Silver Spoon spoke.

"Uh, no. Can you all, like, leave now, please?"

"O-kay, then..." Sweetie said, as the rest of the crusaders moved along, away from the fillies, also followed up by Scootaloo saying, "Dear Celestia, she even said the word 'please'!" Diamond Tiara uncomfortably shifted on the bench, and continued the conversation.

"Anyway, before we were so rudely interrupted, I suppose I'll go with your plan," she said.

"But the thing is... how?" Silver replied. Diamond tapped her hoof on her chin a few times, pondering on a possible method. Then, she gasped and had a surge of inspiration.

"I have an idea! No, we're not just going to apologize, we're going to show Princess Twilight Sparkle how much we're sorry by showing all of our support!"

"That's a great idea, DT!"

"Yeah, and I'll get my daddy involved too!"

"Yea- Wait, what?"

"You'll see."

The giant bronze bell atop of the schoolhouse roof rang. Seas of little ponies trotted back to class, where their teacher was waiting for them once more. The trio of Apple Bloom, Scootaloo, and Sweetie Belle were talking amongst themselves as they walked.

"This seems... suspicious, if you ask me," said Sweetie.

"I don't know about y'all, but I ain't mad," commented Apple Bloom on this matter, as Diamond Tiara faced the crusaders.

"By the way, you're all still blank flanks, if you were wondering," she said as Scootaloo spoke up once more.

"Called it! You owe me three bits, Apple Bloom!"

------------------------

The next morning, Princess Twilight Sparkle was sleeping soundly in her bed, wrapped in her blue blanket in the Golden Oaks Library. Then, a few minutes later, she let out a faint yawn and stretched out both her arms and wings.

"Hello," came a voice of two ponies.

"Good morning, Spi-" she started, only to be majorly startled by two fillies standing on her bed, their muzzles almost touching Twilight. "Dear freaking Celestia!" Twilight Sparkle said, nearly falling off of her bed. Twilight rubbed her eyes with her hooves to see if it was one of those weird dreams she keeps having, thanks to Princess Luna, who wanted to have some "fun". But, much to her surprise, it was indeed not a dream.

"Uh, sorry. May I help you girls?" Twilight said, slowly getting out of bed, as Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon followed, getting out as well.

"Oh, nothing much, really," Diamond started off, "We're just so sorry about what we did, using the blank fla- I mean, the Cutie Mark Crusaders to get to you. Can you forgive us?" Both Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon made an attempt at giving Twilight Sparkle the best puppy eyes they could make. At first, Twilight fluffed her wings and raised an eyebrow, but smiled in the end.

"Well, this is very nice of you two, but I have a question," she said as the fillies' eyes sparkled.

"Yes, your highness?" they both said, bowing down to the princess.

"Erm, 'Twilight' is just fine. Anyways, aren't you all a bit, I don't know, overdue on this subject?" Princess Twilight said as she began to walk down the stairs, as Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon followed, with a sheepish smile starting to form on Silver.

"Uh, whatever do you mean?"

"The Twilight Time incident happened over two weeks ago. I'm sure everypony is over it now, including myself." There was a pause, with Diamond and Silver darting their eyes at each other, while Twilight was still as skeptical as ever.

"Well... this is awkward," said the pink filly. "But anyways, that's not the point! The point we're trying to make is we're sorry for what we did." Princess Twilight smiled.

"Well, alright, I accept your apology, gir-" her sentence was then interrupted by Silver Spoon.

"Like DT and I decided, apologies are not going to be good enough for a princess like you!"

"That's nic- Wait, excuse me?" Princess Twilight said, one of her eyebrows being raised again, but then a few beads of sweat starting to form on her forehead.

"You'll see," the two fillies simultaneously said then proceeded to giggle and bump their hooves together. "Just follow us, we're sure that you might like it!" Diamond said, playing her most innocent smile.

"Erik, okay..." Twilight said. Even though she may be a bit concerned, her curiousity remained triumphant. Diamond Tiara and Silver then started to dart through the door of the library, leaving the princess slowly trotting towards the excitable fillies, only to have her sigh when she opened the door to see them waiting for her.

"This may or may not end well..."

------------------------

"So, what is it you girls want to show me?"

"It's something Silver and I, along with my daddy, put together!" Diamond Tiara said, smiling at the two ponies behind her.

"Really?" Twilight Sparkle said. A moment later, a small rural building came into view. Twilight gasped, for it had a purple banner covering most of the building, with emblems of her cutie mark displayed on the both ends of the violet sheet. In the middle was a portrait of Princess Twilight herself, with her wings spread out and her tiara upon her head, with a small smile added.

"We're here!" Silver and Diamond said. "Welcome to the Princess Twilight Sparkle fan club!" The princess herself had her mouth agape and her irises shrunk down to the size of tiny peas.

"What in the world..." she said, flabbergasted, followed up by more giggling from the fillies.

"Come on, let's go!" Silver said as both she and her friend ran right through the doors of the building. Twilight took a deep breath, used her magic to open one of the said doors, and went right inside. The whole room was filled with nothing but children. The moment they all saw Twilight, the fillies and colts ran up to her, giving their comments of admiration and hugs. The princess just stood at the entrance, blushing away as she received all of the attention.

Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon weren't probably meaning any harm, they were just doing me a favor! I don't even know why I was so concerned in the first place, Twilight thought to herself as she was signing autographs, and returning hugs to the children. But suddenly, a shout came from Diamond herself.

"Alright, everypony, out of our way!" she said, then proceeding to aggressively push the foals out of her's and Silver's path, until they reached Twilight Sparkle. "This isn't the only surprise we have!"

"I'll be glad to see them, girls," Princess Twilight said with a warm smile.

"Alright, Silver will lead the way," Diamond said as Silver walked to a set of nearby stairs that lead to the underground floor. Twilight, still feeling flattered, followed the small grey filly. Now, what next thing do these adorable foals have now? Twilight Sparkle thought, walking down the flight of stairs, Oh, maybe it's a huge collage, or just a giant apology card, or maybe- All of a sudden, her thoughts were interrupted by a flash of light.

"Ah! My eyes!" Twilight said as she put her hooves over her eyes, then opened them again. Right in front of her was not indeed a huge collage, nor a giant apology card.

"What... is this?!" The only source of light emitting from the room she and Silver Spoon were in was from the many monitors that filled it. Each one was depicting live footage of various places, such as the numerous amounts of camera angles of the Golden Oaks Library. Surrounding the screens were posters of, of course, Twilight, with one saying 'Twilight is Love, Twilight is Life'. Meanwhile the princess was darting her eyes in every direction, Silver Spoon displayed an innocent grin.

"It's so that we could keep watch on one of our favorite princesses!" she said, still keeping her smile. "Do you like it?"

"Um, yeah, sure... 'like'", Twilight said, now making a forced and sheepish smirk. The drops of sweat began to form on her forehead once again. "O-kay, well, I believe I'm going to go now-"

"No wait! Princess Twilight!" Diamond Tiara, all of a sudden, came running down the stairs. Oh boy, what is it now? thought said princess. "Silver! Did you show her it yet?"

"Show her wha- Oh, that! Not yet,"

"Oh, what is it now, girls?"

"We made something for you!" Diamond said, as she turned around. "It's in this back room right behind us." She turned the knob with a single hoof and opened the door. Twilight Sparkle's ears flopped down, her jaw almost dropping to the ground. Four dimly lit purple candles sat on the floor of the closet-like space, with a framed photo of Twilight eating a hayburger in the middle, with two plush ponies of her surrounding it. Underneath the candles were more photographs depicting the princess, with violet petals surrounding this structure.

Princess Twilight Sparkle manually closed her mouth with her hoof, then wildly shook her head.

"So let me get this straight... you girls built a shrine dedicated to me in the back of a room mere fillies and colts can monitor me 24/7?!" she said, shocked and what she had just discovered.

"Well, we wouldn't call it a shrine-" Diamond Tiara started. "-It's more like... oh wait, no. Yeah, it's a shrine."

"Look, I know that you two and probably more foals upstairs admire me, but I didn't know it was to this extent!" Twilight said.

"What? We're just showing how much we love our princess!" said Silver Spoon.

"You know what- I'm sorry, girls, but I definitely believe I should be heading on my way now." Twilight Sparkle then began to ran up the cold, wood stairs and up to the surface floor. She attempted to fly right out, only to be stopped by four huge cardboard boxes blocking the entrance. Twilight's used her magic to eventually envelope a single box with a magenta aura, and almost slammed it onto the ground. Due to the impact, the box opened, sending packing peanuts to soar in almost every direction, almost hitting a few foals close to it.

Feeling a single styrofoam peanut smack her cheek, Twilight turned around to view what she had just done. She took a quick glance of the contents of package, to find many, many, many plush ponies of her. She levitated one out of the box, only to remain speechless as Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon came running towards her.

"They're finally here!" the two fillies said simultaneously. "The Tickle-Me Twilights have arrived!" Diamond said as she reached a plush out of the box, while Twilight Sparkle herself can almost hear her own brain crack.

"Okay, Tickle-Me whats now?!"

"Tickle-Me Twilights!" Silver Spoon answered to the rhetorical question. "Here, try it yourself!" Silver said as she raised a plush pony up to Twilight's muzzle. She put a hoof on the stomach of the plushie, then it started to almost vibrate and eventually speak.

"Ahahaha, that tickles!" the toy said, with its voice being annoyingly high-pitched and sounding nothing like the pony it's modeled after. The actual Princess Twilight dropped her plush pony back into the box, with her eyes starting to twitch.

"My daddy is going to bring us all a lot more stuff!" Diamond Tiara started, "We have plans for Twilight Sparkle action figures, Twilight Sparkle life size plushie, Twilight Sparkle blankets, Twilight Sparkle pillows that match with the blankets, and-" The filly's list of merchandise was haulted by a crazed purple princess right up in her face.

"Oh, your daddy, you say?" she said, with an exaggerated smile.

"Um... yes?" Diamond said with a sheepish smile.

"Well, I hope you don't mind, but I think I'm just going to have a chat with him, alright?" Without even letting the filly reply, Princess Twilight flew straight into the boxes without a single buck given to one of them, and out into Ponyville.

------------------------

"Filthy Rich! Are you there? Open up!" Twilight said. She was standing right in front of a mansion with a role roof and a marble balcony. It was painted with a solid peach color. Eventially, after a few minutes of banging on the door, it finally opened. It revealed a brown earth pony stallion with a black mane and tail, with pretty furry eyebrows, and a single tie.

"Filthy Rich! I've heard you've been funding your daughter's somewhat creepy fan girl antics, is that tru-"

"Oh my gosh, it's the princess of friendship herself!" Filthy said, not paying attention to Twilight's concerns. "My little Diamond Tiara is such a big fan of you, so I helped give her a little something,"

"A little... a little something!? Oh, you don't say?" The princess said, with a small stamp, as Filthy Rich simply readjusted his red tie.

"Yes, indeed! Decided to fund my little angel's fan club, so I made a simple commission from a private company. The rest of the capital was up to my daughter." He slightly chuckled as Twilight's Sparkle was on the verge of having a tiny mental breakdown. "Hehe, she certainly is a sweet little filly." With that being said, Twilight herself lets out a semi-deranged laugh, bringing nothing but concern to Filthy Rich.

"Oh, yes! 'Sweet' is the perfect word to describe your 'little angel'!" she said, in an almost mocking tone.

"Excuse me, is something the matter, princess?" Filthy Rich asked, raising a bushy eyebrow.

"Of freaking course! Why wouldn't I be?! I learned that your 'sweet sweet wittle daughter' has a system in which she can watch me while I sleep, with even more of her freaky foals too! Everything is just dandy!"

"Pardon? Your majesty, I think you should calm yourse-"

"Ugh! You know what, screw this! I'm going home! Where I'm going to try and forget everything that I discovered today!" Upon exclaiming her statement, Princess Twilight Sparkle took off in the direction of the Golden Oaks Library, only to fly right back less than a moment later.

"And tell your daughter I want one of those Tickle-Me-Twilights!"

Comments ( 19 )

well, you use bold print a lot, some word you used it on, it was unneeded, such as this

call us blank flanks

was not really needed there. or here

so rudely interrupted

to be honest, this is quite well written, other than what I listed, this is a good story, good job

6294520 yep, other than those, I did not see much wrong

I read over this as much as I could, but I never got to comment on anything before my internet went POOF!. But either way, good job!

6300900 Really? Anything I can improve on?

Nah, I think you did good. :-)

This is actually really hilarious.

DT's and SS's behavior in it feels like a fusion of their pre- and post- CotLM selves.

6658499 You're welcome

Adorable as hell. Cute story :heart:

Good story. The only thing I have to complain about here is the quite misleading description.
When I read this, I thought it's a fanfic for "Crusaders of the Lost Mark" and that the events are set after Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon have become better ponies.

6710005 Sorry. :twilightsheepish: I intended this story to be set perhaps only weeks after Twilight Time.

6712196

I found out by reading the fic. :pinkiecrazy:
You might want to add a little note to the description that it's set before the events of "Crusaders of the Lost Mark". :raritywink:

It has some grammar goofs here and there, but it's a cute and funny little fic. Can't argue with that :twilightsmile:

"Just follow us, we're sure that you might like it!" Diamond said, playing her most innocent smile.

that sentence is a bit of contradiction, Diamond Tiara. You're SURE that I MIGHT like it?:facehoof: Don't you mean either you're sure that I will like it, or you have a feeling I might like it?:twilightsheepish:

I am totally not nagging the writer here since Diamond Tiara in canon did use the word "lame-chin"

but yes Twilight is a total grammar-Nazi and she would never let such a linguistic anomaly slide:pinkiehappy:

That was hilarious! And kinna messed up.:twilightsheepish:

Silver Spoon and Diamond Tiara are such GOOOOOOD Girls!:pinkiecrazy:

Login or register to comment