• Published 25th May 2012
  • 1,898 Views, 40 Comments

Character Development - GreyCapstan



Roseluck doesn't like to admit her crush to most ponies; the few she's told were too busy laughing to hear her explain herself.

  • ...
3
 40
 1,898

02: Griffon It Your Best

Chapter 02: Griffon It Your Best

Roseluck’s head was tilted completely to the left, the watering can she held in her mouth coating the tender red buds with liquid life. Often she’d hum a tune for them to listen to while they drank, but two small birds were doing the job for her. Shrill tweets and twits spread over the small garden she kept behind her house; the language was foreign to her, but it did not hinder her ability to find it wonderfully pleasing to the ear.

As she lifted her head back up to move to the next rosebush, she heard that gruff voice that rang in her ears as much as it rang in her soul.

“Hey, Rose.”

Rose didn’t have to turn around to see who it was, but she would never pass up on an opportunity to admire her.

It was her. Gilda. She stood calmly in the sunlight, beak curved into a gentle smile. Her feathery forelock swayed inoffensively in the light wind that the pegasi brought down on an otherwise perfect afternoon.

Rose placed the can swiftly on the ground. “Hi, Gilda.” She drew the words out as they melted in her throat.

“Watering the flowers?”

“Yes, but I’m almost done,” she said, snapping the container up and quickly trotting over to the remaining bush. As much as she tried to be meticulous in watering it, her lovestruck nerves had her dumping the remainder of the water haphazardly on the flowering shrub. “Dnn!” she shouted back at Gilda before spitting out the tin implement.

“Alright! So we’re still on for our picnic at three?

“Of course, Gilda.” Rose’s smile was perhaps the largest she’d ever experienced in her life. Behind it, she was trying her hardest to maintain her composure and not giggle like a keyed-up schoolfilly. The pair of songbirds perched on her roof was nice, but there was another bird that she’d rather be with right now.

Roseluck was quickly beside Gilda, which the griffon responded to by wrapping her right foreclaw around the pony’s shoulder. Her claw was impossibly smooth, like polished marble. And, oh goodness, she was so warm. Rose couldn’t believe how good it felt. She returned the favor by placing her left foreleg around Gilda’s sturdy neck.

As they walked off towards the park, Gilda looked over at Roseluck and half-whispered, “I bet that those roses are going to be really beautiful.”

“I suppose… but they can’t possibly be as beautiful as you.” Rose tucked her head towards Gilda and nuzzled herself into the fuzzy eagle chest.


Roseluck stared off into the non-existent distance of the narrow streetway, a smitten grin spilt openly across her face. Her head was cradled in her two hooves while fantasies of the future were in constant playback.

She was finally going to do it. Finally going to meet Gilda. Finally going to let her pent-up feelings out. Finally going to be in love.

There were hardly any ponies around to disrupt her infatuous stupor. Lunch time was always the slowest part of the day. She had a nice salad packed, but she couldn’t even think of eating; Gilda had forcefully shoved hunger out of her brain.

Gilda, Gilda, Gilda… What a lovely name. So swift and elegant, like when she soars through the air. Mind-Gilda was now piercing through a column of clouds and performing a loop-de-loop back towards Mind-Roseluck, to her agape amazement. The landing sequence was interrupted by the white and purple blur in the corner of the mare’s eye, which finally reached the stand and greeted her.

“Well hello, Rose darling!”

“Oh, hey, Rarity!” Rose knew that Wednesday was Rarity’s shopping day; she could see the unicorn’s two pink saddlebags bulging at the sides with all the essentials. Shopping... The fantasy-griffon haggled with a watermelon merchant while the heart-eyed fantasy-pony observed giddily. Hey, focus! You’re talking to somepony! She cleared her throat nervously. “How’s the day treating you?”

“Why, I couldn’t ask for better! The sun is out and there’s not a cloud in sight.” She lowered her neck to take a closer look at the bushels of flowers displayed on the shelves to either side of the stand. “And I must say, dear, your bouquets de fluers are looking spectacular today, as ever.”

“Thanks.” After all this time, the earth pony was still not used to receiving compliments. She veered her face away slightly to try and hide the fact that her cheeks were turning, well, rosy. “Were you interested in buying some?”

“You know I would, darling, but I’m carrying too much as it is,” Rarity responded, arching her back up and down to draw attention to her bags.

Roseluck remembered hearing that last week. And the week before that. And the week before that.

“Oh, by the way, Rarity, I wanted to ask you something.”

“What is it?”

“I know you’re into all of the latest gossip and everything…” She had been rummaging through her mind for a way to ask her without arousing suspicion, but there didn’t seem to be any way to do it other than being direct. “Have you heard anything about Gilda recently?”

Rarity was somewhat taken aback. “Gilda? You mean that nasty griffon? Why in the world would you want to know about her?”

Rose tried her best to play it cool. “J-just curious is all.” Sweating is not what I meant by “playing it cool”, body.

“To answer your question: No, I haven’t. I haven’t heard a word about her since she stormed off in a huff at that party.” She was subconsciously primping the curled truss of mane that flowed down the right side of her head.

“So you wouldn’t know where to find her?”

“I’m afraid not, dear.”

“Okay. Well, thanks anyway.”

“I’ll be sure to let you know if I hear anything. At any rate,” she tried to straighten out her spine, “I must be on my way. These supplies are just torture on my back. Toodeloo!”

“You too!” Rose shouted at a vanishing Rarity as she waved her off.

“Did you say you were looking for Gilda?”

Roseluck’s head shot nervously over. Oh, great, now Thunderlane knows. The dark-grey pegasus eased his hooves to the ground, folded in his wings and cantered towards her position. At this rate, all of Ponyville will know that I’m looking for Gilda by dinnertime. That’ll be some nice conversation at the table:

“Hey, did you hear that Roseluck’s asking about Gilda?”

“Yeah, what a freak. You can’t trust those gardeners.”

“Well? Are you looking for her or not?”

With a quick shudder of her head, reality took hold once again. Thunderlane’s puzzled, mohawked sphere sat cocked to the left, yellow eyes squinted. I can’t keep losing myself like that. “Uh, sorry, Thunderlane. Yeah, I am.” In her embarrassment, she had forgotten to try to be subtle about it.

His perplexity eased. “A couple of us on the Weather Team always see her hanging out by the far side of the lake. That’s probably a good place to try.”

“Really? Thanks!”

“What do you need to talk to her so bad for, anyhow?”

I don’t think the “curiosity” excuse is going to work on him. “I, uh… have to… give something to her. That she lost.”

“Oh yeah? And what would that be? Her kindness? Her soul?” He spat a silent chuckle into his hoof.

While his eyes were closed, Rose shook her head sternly. If anything, she’s lost her heart, because it’s been torn out by jerks like you. She switched to a disguise of amusement when his sight of her returned.

Thunderlane unwrapped his wings from his torso. “I gotta go now, Rose. I’m starving.” A soft leap and several brisk flaps were all he needed to float second-natured above the earth. “Good luck with finding her. Oh, and you might wanna tell your doctor to lower the dosage on your medication, so you won’t feel so out of it all the time. It worked for me.”

“I’ll be sure to do that,” she said behind that phony twenty-tooth smile.

As he scudded out of range, she relaxed her lying face muscles and reformed them into a muted grin. By the lake, he said? Maybe she’s a big fan of the water. I’ll have to keep that in mind. Then, another word of his came back to her. “Starving”? What does that mean? Long rumbling beneath the surface of her admiration, a massive cramp of hunger finally gathered the necessary drive and erupted into her senses. Oh, yeah. Starving. She slid the watch aside and dug through her bags for the salad. If I don’t confess my love soon, I’m gonna have to find a new career.


Ponyville Park was lush with all of the merriment it was designed for. Celestia’s sun echoed its light off of the dewy grass. Movement and chatter wafted in every direction. An avian chorus recited its standards to the passive audience not only of ponies, but also of donkeys.

Roseluck idly watched from a bench as Cranky and Matilda were lying on a patchwork quilt, deep in conversation. She couldn’t hear them from where she was, but judging from their fanatical beaming they probably weren’t arguing. Suddenly, the talking stopped, and the two rubbed noses.

She couldn’t physically contain her response to the cuteness. “Awwwww...” Cranky’s a lucky guy; they make such a cute couple. I heard he went to Tartarus and back just to find her. Now that’s dedication.

As they continued to chat, she spotted a small hill to the right and farther back, a subtle rising of land preventing her from seeing beyond that point in the horizon. That’s it, right there. That’s where we’re going to have our first picnic. Her experienced inner artist was already painting the tableau: the clinking of cold lemonade glasses, the cerebral couple leaning back into each other as they watch the montage of life bubbling over across the fields. Once again, her lips curled up without her permission.

Farther right, beneath a small patch of trees, she saw Applejack and a blue unicorn colt she didn’t recognize with their heads turned towards each other in conversation. The clearing of green before them was plenty of room for Applejack’s shepherd-dog Winona and a white terrier (with hair every bit as curly as its owner) to engage in a heated game of Tag. I wonder if AJ and him are sharing sweet little nothings… Nah, probably just exchanging dog tips. They could make a cute couple, I guess. The small terrier finally managed to catch up to Winona and gave her a playful tackle. She was “it” now. I wonder if Gilda likes dogs. Rose didn’t have an accompanying fantasy. She wasn’t a big fan of dogs.

Eventually her eyes continued to wander, looking around for some other point of interest. Two foals were passing around a hoofball. Lemon Hearts was enjoying a grilled goldenrod on wheat as she sat on a towel on the grass. Derpy tucked into a nap in a hammock. Nothing that was particularly holding her mind affixed. She sighed, her hope to see more couples hanging out dashed.

Rose closed her eyes and wrung the cricks out of her neck. I think Derpy has the right idea. A nap would really hit the spot. Acting like an idiot all day sure takes it out of you. She had plenty of time to spare, anyway; she closed the stand at half-past one. The fewer ponies she had to stumble over her words with today, the better. With an extended yawn, she situated her head between her forelegs and was no longer lying on the bench.

She was on the hill, enjoying the glass of lemonade, with Gilda’s heated downy back to hers. Ponies ran to and fro, laughing and cheering as they performed their activities; if it wasn’t for them she would just as soon have assumed that time was standing still.

After an age of blissful silence, words twenty times as blissful came out of the griffon’s beak. “We couldn’t have chosen a better day to have a picnic, Rose.”

“Absolutely.” Words have hardly come any easier.

Gilda shifted her weight upwards and turned around. With her glassy claw, she began to delicately rub up and down the middle of the pony’s back. Rose exhaled, letting the masterful avian appendage ease the stress of the world out of her. After a few seconds, the rubbing gave way to sharp poking.

Rose giggled. It was kind of ticklish. “Hey, cut it out, Gilda!”

“Miss Roseluck?”

The mare jolted to consciousness at the familiarity of the voice. She swiveled her head to see Karat looking over her with a mild concern.

With an archetypal “Eep!” she sprung up and off the bench, and without the assistance of her legs fell face-first onto the slick meadow. Hastelessly, she reassembled herself as crimson flooded through her façade. “Oh, Karat, I’m… I’m so sorry!”

“No problem at all. I just wanted to make sure you were alright.”

Rose sat back down. “You’re not the first pony to ask that today.”

Karat took the space on the bench beside her. “Love getting you jittery?”

She put a hoof to her temple. “I’ve been a wreck since I woke up. You wouldn’t believe it. I had to close my flower stand half an hour early, and I was closing it three hours early to begin with! I’m so glad that you’re helping me with this... I just hope I’m not eating too much into your business.”

He showed a benign smile. “Miss Roseluck, you are my business. There’s nothing more important than service after the sale. Besides, when you run a jewelry store, you can close whenever you want and most ponies won’t notice. When you run one in Ponyville, most ponies won’t even notice you’re open.” His smirk did not diminish.

“Well, I suppose jewelry isn’t exactly a luxury here.” The oddity of a high-end jewelry store in a place as small as Ponyville had never occurred to her before. Then again, there seemed to be a store for everything here.

“I’m certainly not complaining. I’ve come to enjoy the peacefulness over the years. My wife and I used to own a store in Manehatten, and some of our regulars bought gems so frequently we began to suspect that they were dragons in disguise. Sometimes, we would head over to open the store and they would be standing outside in a line, waiting to get their fix, so to speak.”

Roseluck chuckled. “I didn’t know you had a wife. How is she doing?”

Karat lowered his head, closing his eyes. “She’s... no longer with me.”

Her hoof went straight to her mouth to hide her gasp. “I-I’m sorry, I didn’t know.”

“No, it’s quite alright. I’m sure she’s in a better place now.” The last he heard, she was sipping saltinis with a tennis player in Las Pegasus. “In any case, we should really get down to the root of the matter.”

“Oh, yes.” Her stature eased again. “Well, I heard today that Gilda likes to hang out at the lake a lot, so I think that’s the first place we should look.”

“Ah.” Karat raised his left hoof to scratch his forehead. It was then that Rose realized he wasn’t wearing his visor or loupes; his uncolored mane was ruffled from the headband and matted from summer sun sweat. His dress shirt, vest and black tie remained unchanged, however. “I was banking on you being able to find a lead.”

She looked at him and offered a meek shrug. “And, honestly, I’m sort of banking on you having a plan. I mean, I know you haven’t had to deal with something like this before, but...”

“As true as that may be, I don’t think this should be too much different than any other experience. Love is a universal feeling; the tactics never change. It’s all about how they are employed.”

“I’m so glad to hear you say that.” Rose was still surprised by his genuine sincerity towards her cause. She didn’t think there could be a pony in Ponyville (or anywhere) that would understand. “I’m so sick and tired of ponies talking about Gilda like she’s some kind of vermin. I mean, I know she was acting like a jerk, and I’m not trying to defend that, but you should have been there at that party. Pinkie Pie tried to throw this party for Gilda to welcome her to Ponyville, but everypony else used the opportunity to pull pranks on her and laugh at her! Are they really any better? I was horrified to see no one was willing to take her side. I was right about to stand up and call them out as hypocrites, but she finally got mad and stormed out. I don’t blame her; I would have done the same thing.” She turned away, her breathing more labored as she attempted to force her tear ducts closed.

Karat saw from her re-reddening frown that she was nearing the verge of tears. He reached out his right foreleg and patted her on the back lightly. His hoof spoke his comforts, as he knew there wasn’t any way to properly respond with words.

He only knew about Gilda from what patrons had told him. Usually it was something along the lines of, “Hey, did you hear about that griffon jerk who caused a ruckus in town?” or, “If you see a griffon around, avoid her; she’s a bully.” It didn’t surprise him to hear that they were giving her a hard time. This is the same town that refused to let a zebra shop in it until Celestia’s aide Twilight Sparkle set everypony straight.

His gesture made her feel a little better, even if her still-glowering face hadn’t caught on as it turned to face him again. “It’s just not fair, Karat. It’s not fair for her and it’s not fair for me and it’s not fair for us.” She punctuated her sentences with irrepressible sniffles.

“The first thing you need to do, above all else, is to not let the words of neigh-sayers get to you. You can’t let a group of panic-mongering Ponyvillians set the rules for the ruleless game that love is. This is your chance to teach this place a thing or two about discourse in love, whether if it’s with a colt, a mare, a griffon or even a manticore. You can do it.” He felt like he should have ended that by blowing a whistle and leading a team of hoofball players out to the stadium at the second half of the championship game. When was the last time he was able to feel passionate about something other than how many earrings he sold this week?

Roseluck’s scowl began to fade at the absurdity of her whole situation. I think he’s getting a little too worked up over this. It’s just love. It was a pleasant absurdity.


Roseluck’s legs were in slow locomotion towards the steel smoothness that was Saddle Lake. She was passing through the thicket of trees necessary to approach the lake, as it was flanked by grassy hills the rest of the way around. Along the far end, the light peppering of trees lined up across a mountain-like knoll threatened to block out the waning sun. It was a lot later than she wanted, and she tried to get ready as fast as she could, but every cosmetic decision agonized her bathroom reflection.

Her hooves met the coarse sand of the shoreline, and with a frightened twinge of her heart she peered down to test her appearance. Will Gilda like it? I hope I don’t look like I’ve overdone it. I’m not trying to look impressive, just friendly. Her two-tone raspberry mane stuck out its pointed tresses in the front and flowed its way down to the right side of her neck. Not much difference there. Makeup was certainly out, as she didn’t have any. She almost walked out of the house wearing a rose in her hair, but at the doorway she snatched it out. It was supposed to be a casual meeting, she reminded herself, not a candlelit dinner. Her pale yellow complexion was extra pale from the anxiety, a fact corroborated by the crimped squiggle that was the line where her lips met.

She didn’t want to bring her head up. She knew she had to and that she wanted to, but- No! Now is not the time to chicken out, Rose! This is it! Your big chance! You’ll be fine. Karat gave you those pointers; just stick to them and things should turn out alright. She slowly exhaled the pessimism from herself and cranked up her head. Her heart went into overdrive from what she saw at the far end of the lake.

It was her. Gilda. She stood indifferently in the setting sun, beak curved into a callous frown. Her feathery forelock laid stagnant in the windless pre-evening. Her wing feathers were ungroomed and in disarray. Her lion fur was tangled and dirt-stained. Her eagle claws bore scuff marks all the way up to the point where the yellow met with brown.

Roseluck had never seen anything so beautiful in her life. Her chest rumbled with palpitations as she observed the griffon of her dreams. Gilda clutched a small, flat stone in her right claw. Without an air of hesitation, she swung the leg back and flicked it forward, launching the rock at the water’s surface. Skip, skip, skip, plop. The aquatic serenity was broken; the ripples from each bounce reverberated, fed off of and struck against each other before escaping to the coast. Her expression offered no feedback to the result as she reached her claw over to the right to snap up another stone.

After taking a deep breath, the red-maned pony began her canter, a delicate march towards the future, cautious and considerate of every sand-hooved step. She wasn’t sure if Gilda noticed her or not, and the last thing she wanted to do was stumble or fall on her face before she even got to introduce herself. If she had to act like a fool, she’d rather do it with words. It would be a little less painful, anyway.

Once she was around ten yards away she opened up her mental playbook and recounted Karat’s first entry:

“Be casual with your first introduction. Love is a casual thing; it comes easily when it exists between two creatures.”

She looped the word through her cerebrum as she closed in. Casual, casual, casual, casu- oh, Celestia. Rose was now within leg’s reach of Gilda, closer than she had ever been to her before. Every bit as beautiful up close… She gave her eyes a heavy blink to veil the gawk and refocus herself. Casual.

“Uh, h-h-h-h-hey.”

Gilda picked up another rock to her left. Skip, skip, plop. Water continued to flee from the strike zones.

Uh, hello? Am I a ghost or something? Maybe she didn’t hear me. Rose lifted her left foreleg and shoulders. “H-hey there.”

Skip, skip, skip, plop.

Roseluck faced the sand again. I guess I just move on to step two:

“Establish a common interest. Nothing makes a conversation easier than knowing what the other pony (or griffon) likes to talk about.”

Well, she’s never skipped stones before, but it’s always been something that she wanted to try. She looked on as Gilda took another rock and flung it across the lake. Skip, skip, skip, skip, plop.

Rose looked over at the tiny waves and then back over to Gilda. A compliment sure couldn’t hurt . “Hey, you’re pretty good.” Her nerves were finally starting to warm up in the griffon’s presence. “Mind if I give it a try?”

Gilda twisted her head over to the mare, strode backwards and raised an outstretched claw in offering. Her face maintained its mask-like stillness.

Rose felt her legs trembling in giddiness as she staggered her pace to Gilda’s stone-skipping spot. She couldn’t believe it. She was standing right where Gilda was just a second ago. Heat rose from the claw and paw-prints that her hooves were now situated in. So warm… She would have been content with just standing there until Luna began her night-shift, but her objective intervened. C’mon, Rose! Casual!

She saw a round rock directly down in front of her, which she scooped up with her teeth. She closed her eyes and concentrated. It can’t be that hard. I see ponies do it all the time. Gilda’s an athlete, so a good throw would really impress her. Five skips should do it. Her neck coiled clockwise, and like a spring she shot it back into position, letting the rock loose.

Sploosh.

Her opened eyes confirmed what her ears told her. One large shockwave spread across the glassy blue. It didn’t skip once. A nervous chortle exited her, as did her confidence. Her shoulders rose up again. “I… guess I’m a little rusty.” She turned to see Gilda’s reaction. There was no reaction.

That was because Gilda wasn’t there. Roseluck circled her head around to see where she went, eventually locking on to her across the lake. She was now standing on a bank over to the east, where the water narrowed and formed an S-bend before expanding again. Skip, skip, plop.

The trek to her was longer and more torturous than before. Maybe she’s a lot shyer than I made her out to be. Karat wasn’t expecting that, either, but he offered a suggestion just in case:

“Shy creatures don’t like to start conversations, but that doesn’t mean they don’t like them at all. Leading in with a question can open their shell.”

Back within earshot, Rose tried again. “Listen, I was-”

Gilda flipped rapidly around. The fair-coated mare was finally treated to a new facial expression: an annoyed sneer. “Look, kid, whaddaya want?”

The heavenliness of the voice overrode its meaning to Rose. Words directed to her, no less. “I just… wanted to talk, is all.”

The brown lion-bird swished her tail around slowly. “What makes you think I’d wanna talk to a dweeb like you?”

Rose frantically searched for a reason. “Well, I… I, uh… uh…”

“That’s what I thought. Now get lost.” Gilda turned back around, eyes pointed at a hill in the distance. She didn’t reach for a stone.

I didn’t come this far just to give up. “Look, I know a pony is the last thing you want to talk to right now-”

Gilda spun 180 a second time. “Didn’t you hear me? I said,” she stretched her neck forward to meet the pony’s face. “Get. Lost!” Her teeth became more visible as her pupils became less so.

“But you don’t understand-”

“‘You don’t understand, you don’t understaaand,’” the griffon mocked. “I don’t need anyone tellin’ me what I do and don’t understand, especially a lame-flanked pony like you! Now get outta here before you regret it!”

Why can’t she just be open with her feelings? Well, if she won’t, then I will. Rose only had one card left in her hand, and she had to play it. It was now or never. She laid her hoof on Gilda’s sturdy shoulder and stared longingly into her eyes. “Gilda, I l-”

Gilda swirled her head to the unwanted hoof and growled. She swiftly grasped the pony’s leg with both claws and leapt into flight. “Grrraaaahhh!” In one fluid motion, she spun two complete circles and let go, launching Roseluck seven feet into the lake, landing with a giant kersploosh. The flighty beast zoomed off, the air pierced with a violent screech emanating from her beak.

Rose’s world lurched as she waited for time to usher out the vertigo. The projectiled pony was up to her neck in the cold water and her flank and hooves were swathed in cold, gritty mud. She swore she could hear the fish and turtles laughing at her embarrassment.

She didn’t skip once.

Comments ( 22 )

Amazing.

Also FIRST POST! :pinkiegasp::pinkiegasp::pinkiegasp::pinkiegasp::pinkiegasp::pinkiegasp::pinkiegasp::pinkiegasp:

Haha yes this is great. The premise and the first chapter had me hooked, but now, now I have faith in this going good places. Rose is wonderfully lovestruck and deluded, Gilda is actually Gilda and not a tragic mockery of herself, Karat manages to establish an unique, likable personality despite being a minor character and the fact I've never seen him used in anything else before, your prose is enjoyable to read and free of noticeable error; okay yeah I think that's enough praise.

I'm not sure if I even want Rose to win Gilda over at this rate. The hopeless romantic shipper in me craves it, but it also seems like it would ruin the brilliant absurdist half-parody you've got going on. Either way, I'm eagerly anticipating seeing where you take this.

Isn't she moving a bit fast there?

Good luck, Rose! :rainbowderp:

Love this. Waiting for more! Such a unique character set and so fun to read.

This is great, I can not wait for the next chapter.

This story is, to put it simply, damn funny. And not in the silly random way, oh no, it's humor all comes from the characters. Rose is hilariously neurotic and the way the author depicts her feelings about Gilda is fantastic, especially the "dream sequences" in chapter 2. The kindly jewelry store pone that Rose goes to for advice totes cracks me up, my favorite being where he reflects on how his wife is "no longer with him". Then there's Gilda herself, now it's still early on, but I thought she was great, she's grumpy and utterly dismissive and makes it ABUNDANTLY clear to Rose that she's not interested in so much as TALKING to anypony.

Do please keep em coming, this is funny and adorable stuff. You've got a great sense of comedy and character.

798786
Yeah, thass me. I run that site.

798950 Awesome! Gilda really is the best, though.

I am very intrigued to see how this story plays out. in layman's terms MOOAAARRR!!!

GILDA THAT WAS HEARTLESS! GREAT JOB!javascript:smilie(':raritycry:');

To quote a good story I once read...

"Bluh?"

:rainbowlaugh:

Actually, that was exactly how I thought this chapter would go.

Above all else, Rose moves fast as a torpedo.

1000037 I'll take that as a compliment. :twilightsheepish:

1010162

It's more of a... exclamation of curiosity.

L4

:heart:

Yes this is so perfect and IC XD...

Really rare when you think about it. I just don't know where this story going to go. Making it like ten times as awesone.

We're waiting.....

I like to think that throwing someone into a lake is actually a Gryphon sign of affection.

Y1

Interesting, I'm liking it so far. Especially the first interaction going so disastrously wrong.

Is this story dead? It hasn't updated in months, and I don't want to fave it if I'm not going to see the end of it.

More more more! :pinkiehappy:

This story has so much potential... I hope you finish it. :applecry:

Rose has her work cut out for her. This is excellent.

Login or register to comment