• Published 28th Aug 2015
  • 2,117 Views, 44 Comments

Scootaloo's Biggest Mistake - Matt11



Being in school every single day can get boring, so Scootaloo decides to skip one day, what could go wrong?

  • ...
7
 44
 2,117

Chapter 3

Dash felt a deep pain course her body, like she had lost something important. “I...I, she thinks I’m not responsible?”

But deep down Rainbow Dash didn’t think she did anything really wrong. “So what if Scoots missed a single day of school? She wasn’t hurt, Scoots is growing up and Dizzy won't always be there for her; she needs to just let it go. I missed school a lot as a filly it. It didn’t hurt me and it won’t hurt her to miss a few days. Why should I apologize? ” she thought.

Although Rainbow Dash couldn’t see the big deal with what she did, she was about to find out how hard her life was without Scootaloo. Since there was nothing else for her to do she headed back to her cloud home.

When she got there, to add to the pain, she had pictures of her and Scootaloo together, this did not help much.The thought of Dizzy seeing her as irresponsible and to be called a delinquent on top of it all was horrible, but she couldn’t worry too much about that now; she had a nap to get to.

To enter her room she had to push and kick things out of the way due to it’s usual very messy state. She got onto her bed and pulled out a rather old cheese pizza from under her pillow and threw it away like it was trash, Dash smiled as she drifted off to sleep.

Within a few hours Rainbow Dash woke up with some sleepy eyes but the pegasus didn’t let that stop her; she went to make herself a quick lunch of salad and a daisy sandwich. Rainbow Dash took her bites and finished her food. Once finished she got up and headed for the park to do some athletic things, like cardio training and practicing her flying.


Dizzy Twister was very disappointed; the whole way home it was silent, not a peep from either pony. She landed next to the house, set Scootaloo down and allowed her to walk in on her own. I can’t believe my old friend would do this. I had hoped Dash was more responsible by now but I guess I was wrong. Dizzy and Dash used to be very good friends when they were fillies, but the day Rainbow dropped out of school, just abandoning her, broke thier friendship. She was Dizzy’s only friend. Whenever Scootaloo talked about Rainbow Dash she would just put on a fake smile on; she didn’t want to tell her daughter how she truly felt about Dash yet. “I’m going to have to keep a better eye on Scootaloo and I might have to take time off work” she thought

Scootaloo had her head and ears down as Dizzy walked in, expecting her mother to yell at her or do something worse but she didn’t. Instead she got sent to her room and was told to not move off her bed. From the expression on her mother's face she could tell she really screwed up.

Dizzy Twister could hear Scootaloo’s door close softly which meant her daughter was safe in her room. She had to figure out what to do with her daughter, all she knew was that she couldn’t allow this to happen again. She thought of some way to punish her and only one more idea came to mind, no more crusading for at least a week. But once this week was over she couldn’t just trust her daughter, no she had to set new rules. Dizzy got a piece of paper and started writing down some of the rules, once finished she started walking up the stairs to Scootaloo’s room.

Before she walked in she stopped to think about what she was about to do. Not only had she taken the one pony Scootaloo looked up to away, but now she was taking away her crusading. The crusading ban was only for a week, but she wouldn’t ever allow Scootaloo to see Rainbow Dash. That was a mistake she would never make again.

Scootaloo could hear the door knob creek as it turned. She quickly cleared her eyes of any tears, the only reason she was even crying anyway was because her mom was being totally unfair. Why did her mother have to be so protective? she wondered. It was a question that probably wouldn’t ever get answered. She gulped as her mother walked in, awaiting whatever other punishment she was going to dole out.

Dizzy Twister walked over to Scootaloo and sat down right next to her.“Scootaloo do you know how worried I was today? Scootaloo didn’t respond so she continued, “For all I know you could of been dead or foalnapped. I know you hate school but learning is important,” she said rubbing Scootaloo’s back, looking into her daughter's eyes she could see how serious she was. She saw a few tears slide down Scootaloo’s checks and picked up her daughter, placed her on her lap and stroked her mane.

“I need you to understand little Scooty, I don’t want to lose you, you are my foal, that makes you my responsibility. if I lost you…. I’d be devastated. And it make me feel that I failed as a parent when you make bad choices.” Scootaloo looked up at her mother, her eyes beginning to water. “I just want you to know no matter what, mommy loves you,” she said and stopped stroking Scootaloo’s mane

Wiping her fresh tears away Scootaloo hugged her mom. “I understand that…. but I’m not some small foal anymore. I can take care of myself, besides I was with Rainbow Dash. She understands how to take care of me, and I was about to get some flight training. If you really cared about me you'd let Dash train me at flying. At least she's trying to help me, unlike my mother…” Scootaloo said a little bit of anger showing.

Scootaloo had been losing touch with her mother ever since she became ten, her mother kept making promise after promise to help her train or even just spend time with her, but she never did. It was always the same excuse, she had to work or she had a meeting. This was one of the reasons she spent so much with her friends and Dash, at least they didn’t break their promises.

Dizzy Twister sighed,“I knew it might of been a bad idea to let you go on that camping trip. I should have been more protective. I won’t leave you alone anymore, from now on mommy will be there for her sweetheart. I promise you will never be alone again, she brought her daughter into a hug, “Oh and no crusading for a week. I’m taking the week off of work to spend time with my baby,” she said.

Instead of being happy that her Mom was taking time off to be with her, Scootaloo got angry. She wanted to spend time with Rainbow Dash but now her mother was going to insist on spending time with her? Why now? Why did it take her so long to decide to do this? She had always only cared about her job? Maybe she did really care for Scootaloo but even so she was always too busy to say a single I love you to her?

Dizzy Twister got up and tucked Scootaloo in under her cover and kissed her on her forehead, “ Scootaloo it's time for bed. We’ll talk about your new rules tomorrow,” she said turning off the light but leaving the door open slightly.

Scootaloo huffed. “This is so stupid she's treating me like I’m some baby…. this is why I try to stay away from her… it's always that's too dangerous or you shouldn’t do that Scootaloo you might get a scratch,” she thought before drifting into a fitful sleep.