• Published 28th Jul 2015
  • 2,873 Views, 37 Comments

Randomnity - Codex Ex Equus



Small, silly stories

  • ...
3
 37
 2,873

2: Sniper

Celestia took a deep breath and closed her eyes. Power began to course through her body, lifting her off the platform she stood upon. Raising her hooves and spreading her wings, she raised the sun. In the square below, the crowd that had gathered for the Summer Sun Celebration watched in silent awe.

The silence was cut off by the crack of a rifle shot, and the sound of Celestia crashing onto the platform and crumpling into a heap upon its wooden planks.

The unicorn on the far-away roof didn't hesitate, quickly and smoothly dismantling his rifle. The barrel unscrewed into three parts, the stock and scope came off the body, and all the pieces went into a saddlebag that now looked like it simply held a book or two. He spared one brief glance at the square as screams and chaos began to rise into the air, then turned to leave.

And bumped nose-first into a golden breastplate hanging from an alabaster neck. He stepped away, shaking his head to clear the stars that had suddenly filled his vision, then stumbled back a few more steps as Celestia spat the flattened bullet into his face.

“Congratulations, you were a really good shot,” was the last thing he ever heard.

Author's Note:

I can't remember how I thought this thing up. I think I just got the idea of Celestia spitting a bullet back into an assassin's face and went from there.