• Published 26th Jul 2015
  • 2,133 Views, 103 Comments

The Great And Powerful Fairy Tail - The Corrupted Champion



Three outcasts converge on Ponyville and get swept up in adventures they'd never even dreamed of. It all started when Trixie Lulamoon returned to town looking to destroy the alicorn amulet... Fairy Tail Crossover

  • ...
5
 103
 2,133

Mission Start!: Rescue The Pirates' Prisoner!

The Great And Powerful Fairytail
Chapter 11: Mission start!: Rescue Pirates' Prisoner!

The stairs creaked loudly as Sunset made her way up to the Captain's Cabin; other patrons and customers were also going up and down the stairs passed her. This seamed like a pretty lively place, to say the least. It hadn't been long before the scent of various alcahols assaulted her nostrils; some rather pungent, others were quite sweet oders that seemed to balance it out.

Finally, she made it to the top of the stairs to see the crowded bar before her. In between the patrons, she saw a tall and voluptuous woman that she could only assume was Krysta. Her tanned complexion was contrasted by her shiny emerald green hair that cascaded over her shoulders and down her back. A black and green strapless corset top that seemed to be of a similar style as Trixie's outfit offset by the lack of a skirt; replaced with grey pants and an array of belts adorned with various trinkets that seemed to emanate some kind of magical power. long black boots and gloves completed her look to give her an almost dominatrix look... complete with black eye shadow and lipstick that shone with a pearlescent green making the whole ensemble look gothic...

She seemed about the same age as Principle Celestia, Sunset noted mentally as she slowly approached the bar. It was only a moment before the woman noticed her. "Have a seat, hun, I'll be with you in a second!" she called over, nodding toward a booth.

Sunset looked over to see the empty booth and nodded. "Okay!" she called back before walking over to the booth, setting her dufflebag down and sitting down herself to find that the seats were surprisingly comfortable.

Sunset wasn't left to look around for very long as the woman walked over. "What can I get ya, Sweetie?" she asked; never losing her devious confidence as she spoke.

Sunset smiled. "Actually, I'm here to help you." she declared, bringing a surprised look to the woman's face. "I'm Sunset Shimmer, I'm here for the job request that was posted..."

The emerald haired beauty was quick to regain her composure, however, and her seductive smile returned. "Oh, so you're the Fairytail wizard I was told to expect..." she confirmed, earning a nod from the redhead.

Sunset's expression became serious. " So...what am I dealing with?"

"Krysta... You'll be standing along side the crews of the 'Siren's Song' and the 'Giant's Requiem' against the 'Abomination', the 'Bone Warden', the 'Merman's blood', the 'Grey Lady' and a seemingly infinite army of gollums that regularly attack the town and anyone who lingers around the beach and docks for too long..."

Sunset leaned back in her seat. "...so Flynn wasn't joking about those things then..." she said, more to herself then anyone else. "Do we know where they're coming from?"

Krysta sighed. "...anywhere and everywhere..." she said in annoyance. "There's a wizard controlling them who's hiding on one of the four ships... whether it's willingly or otherwise, it has to end..."

"Agreed, though it does still leave us with a problem..." Sunset said with a nod. Krysta's expression implied that she knew it too. "The moment any one of us sets foot on either ship to investigate, it'll put all four in a frenzy; The whole town will be up to their ears in total anarchy!"

Krysta smirked. "...So, we hit all four ships simultaneously." she said simply. "This isn't our first rodeo, honey... this town's seen it's fair share of pirate problems..."

Sunset shook her head. "...I suppose I shouldn't be surprised..." she said exasperatedly. "...so; when do we do this?"

Krysta smiled. "...Tonight; midnight." she said confidently. "...but for now; the show's about to start, so we'll get you set up with a room below deck and you can get a table so you can watch; the girls are a local favorite these days."

"...you mean Adena and them...?" Sunset asked, just to be sure.

"Yup." Krysta said casually in response. "After all... they're going to need to warm up for tonight..."

"...warm...up?" Sunset asked dumbly. do they do magic that encorperates music like the other versions do?

"You'll see." Krysta chirped with a wink. The woman took a momen to examine something behind the counter before coming back and handing her a key. "We'll put you in room twenty six." she said. "It's just below top deck; the rooms are magically sound proofed so you don't have to worry about the noise from above, and magically set to these keys, so that only the holder of that specific key has access to the room." She motioned to the stairs. "Shall we?"

...............................................Clover Canyon....................................

Trixie was uncomfortable... Trixie was very uncomfortable. Natsu and Gray were both staring intently at her; waiting for her to speak. "Come on Trixie, spill it!" Natsu prodded. "who's Sombra?"

"...um..." Trixie fumbled with her words, unable to meet their gaze.

Their one sided conversation was drawing the attention of Erza, Lucy and Makarov. "...That's right...you did mention that name when you first met us in the forest..." Lucy said thoughtfully.

Trixie cursed under her breath... her mind a torrent of panic as she tried to formulate a way to explain it in a way that they wouldn't write off as absolute craziness. "Sombra... sorry, King Sombra..." she began uneasily. "...is a dark wizard who used his dark magic to conquer and enslave an entire nation over a thousand years ago."

The others were now quite engaged in the topic. Makarov and Erza were listening silently while it was Natsu of all people who connected the dots first. "...and he was a dragon slayer too, wasn't he...?"

the others stared wide eyed at the prospect. but Trixie nodded. "...that's right..." she confirmed. "...the Baal fire dragon slayer... He apparently ventured into Tartarus itself to acquire the power from the unholy union of draconic and demonic power... 'Blood Dust The Abyssal'... as he's apparently known..."

That last tidbit seemed to hit them like a charging Minotaur. Makarov stared at her. "...How is that possible?" the guild master demanded. "Dragonslayer magic didn't exist a thousand years ago! the first Dragon slayers didn't exist untill four hundred years ago."

"Don't ask me!" she defended. "Maybe he was first ever Dragon slayer, I don't know!"

Lucy cast a look at Natsu to see an odd look on his face. he seemed deep in thought at this new revelation. "...the first Dragon slayer..." she said softly; more to herself then anyone else.

"what do you know about this guy?" Natsu asked urgently.

Trixie thought back to Luna's memories. "Well...He became known for his endless cruelty..." she began. "...Luna can tell you more about him specifically; my experience is more with Blood Dust and his progeny...some twisted demonic spirit that possessed me a while back and has been hounding me ever since..."

"You were possessed by a demon?!" Erza demanded. "How?!"

"Blood dust tore out pieces of his soul and apparently placed them in various trinkets that he managed to sneak into the mortal plain even whilest sealed away..." Trixie looked up at Erza; her eyes fearful and pleading. "...Think back to what I said at the train station when we were fighting those Eisenwald guys..."

She did remember. Trixie had said that she had once walked a less then savory path until something happened that uprooted it all and she was left to try and atone... "...I remember..." she said softly.

Makarov spoke again. "Let me guess; you were a snot nosed punk who only cared about your own gain until you discovered one of these magic trinkets, went crazy, were defeated and have been dealing with the consequences ever since?"

Trixie gave a humorless smile. "...that's...disconcertingly on the nose, Gramps..." she admitted, using Natsu and Gray's nickname for the old man.

Makarov nodded thoughtfully. "Well... in any case, it's good to see that you've turned away from that life; what ever you were known for then...the part you played in saving myself and the other guildmasters is what you'll be known for in the future..."

Trixie smiled; genuinely, this time. "...It's kind of you to say...but, that side of me still comes out from time to time. I'm just glad I have friends to slap some sense back into me if I step out of line again..." at that, everyone around gave her reassuring smiles and nods.

The moment was ruined when Trixie's stomach growled loudly. everyone else wasn't far behind... "...Well, that's enough sitting around, moping." Erza said firmly, pretending that she wasn't starving like everyone else...

"Yeah, we need to find some food..." Natsu lamented. they continued to prattle back and forth as they set out once again to find some kind of food in the middle of that Nightmare Moon-Forsaken canyon...

...............................................Blood Diamond Headquarters.................................

The masked woman stared coldly at the criminal guildmaster Marik. "...we had...a deal." she hissed.

"...and...?" Marik asked smugly.

"In exchange for the silver mine, you carry out my mandate!" she barked. Lazaro standing at her left while Erigor stood to her right. Either man was silent save for Erigor tapping the pommel of his scythe on the floor every now and then.

"...and we did." he stated simply; that snidely smirk never leaving his face. "...and now you wish to hire us for another job and have nothing to pay for it. well, my dear..." he snapped his fingers, summoning several other Blood Diamond wizards to his side. "That's going to cost you extra, or we will simply kill you right here..." he said with a cruel smile.

No one else could see her face beyond her mask, but if they could, they would be able to see a smile on her own face that matched. "tsk tsk tsk... that isn't how you do business Master Marik..." she teased, wagging a finger playfully. "...on the other hand..." she said, reaching up and removing her mask, revealing her beautiful face marred by a horrific grin filled with sharp pointed teeth. "...I have been getting quite hungry..."

Lazaro smugly leaned over to Erigor. "...you're about to find out why she's not to be crossed..."

"Hmph..." was all the former 'Ace of Eisenwald' cared to say, still seething after his humiliating defeat at the hands of the fire dragonslayer of fairytail...

"...Last chance..." Marik offered, holding up one hand, preparing to snap his fingers.

"I've been playing nice with you so far..." the woman said, never losing her jagged grin and her seductive tone. "...but now, you're just getting too greedy...". Murder in her crimson eyes, she stood defiantly before Guildmaster Marik. "...Hurry up and make your move."

"As you wish." Marik snapped his fingers, and the five other Blood diamond wizards all charged at her. Two swords plunged into her chest and several blasts of magic energy caused her body to explode; blood, viscera and bones...too many bones for one body... were scattered all over. Included in the mess was a strange black and red necklace; cut in the shape of a black unicorn with wings that had a perfect ruby set into the center

Erigor wiped the blood from his face, and turned to Lazaro. "...you were saying...?"

"Keep watching." Lazaro instructed; He then began to laugh.

Marik gave Lazaro a curious stare. "...are you going to let us in on the joke, Lazaro?"

"Heheheheheheh, you'll see in just a moment..." the masked man jeered with a cackle.

"You do realize that you're covered in blood right...?" Erigor asked flatly.

Lazaro simply turned to him casually and said "what? you getting squeamish already?"

"...tch..." Erigor just turned back a the mess of carnage in front of them.

After a short moment, Erigor watched in morbid fascination as the blood and viscera seemed to come to life. First, the ruby on the necklace began to glow an ominous red, then the bones all seemed to sink into the blood as if they were being fully submerged. The room was overcome with the stench of rotting blood and decaying flesh as...something began to rise out of the pool of darkened blood. Erigor's stomach lurched at the smell.

Higher and higher it rose... as if it wasn't just solid floor at their feet, but a deep pool of this rancid dark red. It continued to rise until it reached a little taller then the young woman that once stood there. Now standing before them was a vaguely humanoid figure that looked like a melting gollum made of blood and carnage.

Marik was livid. He glared at his attacking wizards. "What are you waiting for?!" he roared. "Finish the job before I kill you for failing!!"

The wizards in question clamored in panic, each one trying to be the first to strike down the abomination before them... The first one, one of the magic swordsmen, was the first to fall as the creature engulfed him like an amorphous blob, devouring him entirely within seconds to the sound of the sickening cracks of his bones being shattered.

The next was the three non swordsmen; one of them held a magic pistol while the other two equipped magic rings that allowed them to use such magic... turning one arm into a dark red kite shield to parry the other swordsman, it used the opportunity to surge forward, split its torso into three monstrous heads bite into each one pull them together and surround them devouring the three wizards in one brutal movement; The final swordsman watched in unparalleled horror as the creature transformed back into the young woman in black and red.

The wizard was shaking in utter terror as she looked at him now with an eirily calm expression. "...drop the sword..." she said stoicly. "...you're out of your league..."

Taking her unspoken warning, he dropped his weapon and ran for the door. "COWARD!!!" Marik barked after him. Ignoring the woman in black and red would prove a fatal mistake as unspeakable pain shot through him, centered on his chest. He looked down to see what looked like a dark red crystalline spear protruding from his chest, leading all the way to were her hand used to be...

"...I do not show mercy to treachery, Master Marik..." she said calmly as it snapped off halfway between them and the half still connected to her melted back into hand. The man could offer no comeback except a choking gasp. "...but don't worry, you're guild will be put to good use under my banner." she leaned closer; her lips inches away from his ear. "...and your power will live on...as fuel for my magic..." she pulled back at reveal that horrific jagged grin once more.

Marik was powerless to stop her as her mouth opened wider and wider, inhumanly so, and the last thing he heard was Lazaro's demented laughter...

.........................................................................

Sunset sat at a nice table not far from the stage as Adena and this world's alternate versions of Aria Blaze, known in this world as Sareina Baltus and Sonata Dusk, known in this world as Yuna Valkyrie, had one by one walked up on stage. Adena, microphone in hand, took a few steps forward. "Is everyone ready for some music?" she asked in a casual tone. the crowd cheered and whistled in response. "...Good, good... well we have one or two new songs for you guys tonight, then we'll go to some fan favorites!"

This was well received as there was more cheering. Sunset remained focused on the menu in front of her. The crowd hushed as the lights began to dim-wait, what? this was out door...open air. How was...? Sunset looked up to see some manner of magical illusion being cast that was turning everything dark, when it was finished, the spectacle was definitely something to behold; the afternoon sky was replaced with a beautiful night sky richly decorated with stars and the northern lights.
Next came the music. It was smooth, yet upbeat... graceful yet energetic... it was difficult to describe. 'kind of like a slightly slower pop song...wow... that was easier then I thought...' Sunset thought... then came the words...

"Deep down inside, I know in my heart that you are the one I've waited for..." Adena sang, near instantly drawing Sunset's attention.

"Be still my heart, how it just flutters; how could I have asked for more...?" Sunset was mesmerized by Adena's melodious voice...

"Baby, I know; just give me a chance, I can show you that there's more to this...

...Then love at first sight; just give it a chance and we'll discover just what this love is...!"

" ...tonight..." the other two finally joined in...

...tonight...

Just stay here with me and the waves, the stars the sea and this midnight moon!

Through sky so high, through deepest tide, I'll be there by your side.

Through sky so high, through deepest tide, You'll find I've never lied.

Adena's voice was intoxicating; as her song continued with further words of longing and infatuation, she couldn't help but move in her seat to the rythem of the music and their voices. It wasn't long before she realized that other patrons were actually getting up and dancing...

After a while, Sunset realized that they were singing another song, but like many other people in the audience, she was too busy dancing to really pay attention. By the time it was over, she felt like she's just did a light workout... "...phew... that was amazing..."

The illusion over the ship was dropping and Sunset could see that late afternoon was fast approaching. That's when Krysta stepped up on stage. "Thank you all for coming out!" Krysta called out across the deck with a microphone. the crowd answered with cheers and applause. "...You guys really are an awesome crowd, but now the show is over..." her last sentence wasn't quite as well recieved as a collective groan from the crowd was heard. "Yes, yes; I know. Come on back tomorrow for another show and there may be so e extra celebration to be had!" she said with a grin.

That seemed to set them off as excited murmurs erupted from all around Sunset as they seemed to clue in that something was going down...

"...are we finally takin' it to Kota...?" one person asked.

"...we must be..." another said.

"Hey, look at her! do we have Fairytail backing us up?!" Sunset heard someone behind her say.

"Oh, we're in for a hell of a show, now." yet another voice called triumphantly.

an arm suddenly wrapping around her shoulder snapped her out of her growing discomfort. "enjoy the show, Sweetie?" Adena asked.

"I did, you were amazing!" Sunset said, a little surprised at how much she truly meant it.

"Awww, I'm glad!" Adena said, never losing that almost seductive smile. "Now that the show's over though, we can begin to work out the finer points of our battle plan tonight..."

Sunset nodded. "Right, sounds good. Where are we doing that?" she asked.

"We're meeting up in Krysta's cabin behind the bar once enough people clear out and get back home or to their rooms." Adena explained. "...I look forward to working with you."

.....................................later................................

There she stood in a dimly lit room in front of a map spread out across a large table. With her were Krysta, Adena, Sareina and Yuna as well as several familiar and unfamiliar faces. Among the familiar faces were Flynn, this world's counterparts of Octavia, Bonbon...she was pretty sure the one skulking in the corner was Lyra, her hair was the right color, but her 'dias de las muertos' motiffed face paint was a little...much... the last familiar face actually came as a bit of a surprise to her; towering over her was this world's counterpart of Bulk Biceps.

The map showed the entirty of Coral Bay, from the port town to the Creasent moon-shaped landmass that encompassed it; the ships within represeanted by chess pieces. "Okay, here's what we need to do." Krysta instructed, now taking on a stoic 'no nonsense' attitude. "On one of these ships is a wizard who's summoning and controlling these golums." she looked between all the faces in the room before continuing. "Everyone, this is our ticket; Fairytail wizard, Sunset Shimmer. By the decree of the magic counsil AND the king of Fiore himself, we cannot engage in any kind of hostility against Kota and his fleet of pirates unless it is done through legal means."

Sunset smirked. "...so THAT's why I'm here when you guys clearly have some heavy hitters on your side..." she said, a little bemused, but a thought occured to her. "...so why would you be legally barred from standing up for yourselves?" she asked. "...especially against so many invading pirates?"

"..." a voice said, barely above a whisper, drawing everyone's attention to the hoodie wearing lyra counterpart in the corner.

"what was that?" Sunset asked, earning a cold look from the girl.

"...The powers that be want us to play by their rules..." she hissed; her voice raspy and coarse. "...we operate without their say so, and it'll be recognised as a power play by a gang of pirates and dark wizards..." she held a hand in front of her conjuring a glowing green skull, and then smashed it with her free hand. "...and they will move against us...and everyone else in Coral Bay for harboring us..."

Then another voice spoke, drawing their attention to a man standing not far from Flynn. He had the same dark blue hair; no doubt this was the Illustrious captain Craven Richter. "To put it simply young miss, they view us as delinquents on peroll..."

"...as in literally 'on peroll'. We do anything outside of their ridiculous guidelines, and every single one of us gets put away fro life!" the hulking young man in the room said exhasperatly.

"Hense the dilema..." Adena piped in, smiling casually.

"...Told ya it was complicated..." Flynn deadpanned. Sunset had to admit; it was indeed considerably more complicated then the job request let on.

"That's putting it lightly..." Sunset jabbed; her own face awash with a stoic deadpan expression.

"We're getting off track!" Krysta declared bringing everyone's attention back to the map. "We need to organize the teams and decide who's going where..."

"It'll need to be quick and quiet... our first priority should be disabling the ships as quick as possible so they can't turn around and start firing on the town."

"All good and well, but there's still the gollums in the ocean." Sareina cut in. "that's why we're dividing into teams and hitting all ships simultaneously..." she looked between Krysta and Craven. "Naturally, the Captains will be hitting the Abomination..."

"Not so fast..." Craven interjected, cutting her off. "Kota may be the one calling the shots, but Zaria, Gabriel, and Drogar are not to be taken so lightly..."

"Agreed." Krysta said. "Craven and I will each be taking a team to hit the 'Merman's Blood' and the 'Bone Warden' to deal with Drogar and Gabriel while Sunset takes a team to Hit the Abomination and take down Kota... The remaining members will Hop aboard the "Grey Lady' and pay Zaria a visit."

"Didn't you just finish saying we shouldn't take them lightly?" Sunset asked bluntly. "Why does it sound like you're treating Captain Zaria like an afterthought?"

Craven cocked an eyebrow. "...because... I have reason to believe we can bring her to our side if we can convince her that Kota can be beaten."

Then Sunset realized what the man was saying. "...you mean, they might be forcing her to fight for them?" she asked, getting a nod from both Krysta and Craven. "Okay then, who's coming with me to the Abomination?"

................................................................................

Author's Note:

Phew! ... :ajsleepy: Holly shit! it's finally done! that's the newest chapter up and out for your viewing pleasure. as always, I'm sorry for the long wait. As you may have gathered. this is all happening during the events of the episode "Natsu eats a village!" though with the addition of Trixie along for the ride. P.S. Lightning Dust is also still working with Levi, Jet and Droy at this point. Let me know if side story filler chapters about these little diversions are something you guys would be interested in; but otherwise, the plan is set, and Sunset and her new allies are about to try and take out an army of Pirates and Gollems and determine the 'who', 'where', and 'why' behind this mysterious wizard ally of theirs.