• Published 26th Jul 2015
  • 2,913 Views, 75 Comments

The Sparity Family - Zexoguy



An anthology of stories about Spike and Rarity's kids, based on the concepts created by TheFlimFlamBros and Pia-Sama.

  • ...
11
 75
 2,913

Dragon Ponies: Part 6

As the Blood Dragons set up backstage for their big show, Jade was feeling really pumped. For a school fundraiser, there seemed to be a pretty big crowd out there from what she could hear. It wasn't a huge honor, but it was the most impressive gig they'd ever gotten. Even more exciting was the fact that her whole family was out there waiting for her. Even Citrine would get to watch the show from her hospital room via web stream. As soon as the guy on stage announced them, Jade was going to go play her heart out and give them all a show to remember.

"Curtain in two minutes," the stage hand said.

Jade took a drink from a water bottle and coughed to clear her throat. "Alright, guys," she addressed the rest of the band. "You ready to go out there and rock this bitch?"

"Hell yeah! Let's do it!" Rip the drummer exclaimed excitedly, raising his sticks in the air.

"Yeah!" the others all said in unison.

"Alright! Showtime!" Jade said, loving their enthusiasm.

-----

Meanwhile, out in the crowd of ponies that filled up almost the whole auditorium, the Sparitys waited anxiously for the show to start. Spike was having a little trouble trying to set up the live video chat on his phone and was growing impatient.

"Do you need some help, Dad?" Topaz offered.

"No, no. I think I almost got it," he said, fiddling with the buttons on his screen. Finally, he saw an icon with a picture of a camera on it and touched it. Then he scrolled down to the bar that said "Live Chat." From there he found Citrine's e-mail address and when he touched it, he could finally see Citrine's face smiling back at him. "Yes! I got it." he exclaimed. He waved back at Citrine and then showed her around to everypony else so they could say hi, too.

At last, the lights in the auditorium went down and a teenage stallion in a black shirt and head set stepped out on stage. Everypony in the crowd went quiet as Spike held up his phone for Citrine to see.

"Welcome, everypony," said the young stallion, "to the Tenth Annual Meadowbrooke High Musical Fundraiser!"

Everypony cheered.

"Thanks to your contributions, we've already raised so much money tonight for our school's many awesome programs. And now, without further ado, please give it up for Meadowbrooke High's very own... THE BLOOD DRAGONS!"

The entire crowd erupted into applause and cheers as the curtains went up, the lights flashed and the music instantly picked up. And there, standing center stage, was Jade with her guitar in hand and a mic on her face as she began to sing.

"Little filly, you like it loud.

Come alive in the middle of a crowd.

You wanna scream. You wanna shout.

Get excited when the lights go down,

At the rock show!

You'll be right in the front row!

Heart and soul, they both know,

It's where you gotta be!"

As the song went on, Jade got more and more swept away by the incredible sensation. It was the same way she felt the first time she played her guitar and got her cutie mark. The feeling of doing what she knew she was born to do. It made her feel so alive that when the instrumental part came, she blew a burst of fire right out at the crowd. Nothing got burned, but the crowd loved it.

Her family was all having a great time, too. The kids were all jumping and screaming for her and her mom and dad couldn't be more proud. Even Rarity was enjoying the show. Albeit, the music was a little too loud and some of the lyrics were a bit too vulgar for her tastes (in fact, she was starting to think maybe Ruby and Topaz should've stayed home), but just seeing Jade up on stage and performing her heart out was more than enough to make her forgive all of that. Rarity knew all too well what Jade was feeling right now and that made her happy as well.

-------

Citrine lay in bed at the hospital with her computer in her lap, watching her sister rock the house live on stage. She still had a ways to go before she was fully recovered, but at that moment, she didn't care. She was well on her way to recovery, her family and friends came to see her everyday and to top it all off, her crazy ex-boyfriend was in jail on physical assault charges.

Citrine giggled when she watched Jade fly up and briefly hover over the stage while she kept playing. She was glad to have a sister like her who she wouldn't trade for anypony else in the world. After all, dragon ponies have to stick together.

Author's Note:

And that's the end of this arc, but stick around because I've got two more planned. Thanks to all my readers for all the positive feedback and constructive criticism. I hope you enjoy the next arc as much as this one and don't worry. I promise it won't get nearly as graphic as this one did.

The lyrics that Jade sings are from the song Rock Show by Halestorm.