• Published 26th Jul 2015
  • 2,908 Views, 75 Comments

The Sparity Family - Zexoguy



An anthology of stories about Spike and Rarity's kids, based on the concepts created by TheFlimFlamBros and Pia-Sama.

  • ...
11
 75
 2,908

Dragon Ponies: Part 5 (WARNING!: CONTAINS SERIOUS DOMESTIC VIOLENCE)

It was late the next night as Citrine pulled up and parked the car on the curb right next the park. She had told her parents the truth about where she was going, but not about who she was meeting with. As far as they knew, she had gone to meet her friend Pearly Shores again in the park, but the truth was that she had gotten a message from Silver Shine telling her to meet him at the gazebo so he could apologize in person for the other night.

There weren't a lot of ponies roaming around the park at this hour, so the walk to the gazebo was mostly pretty quiet. So quiet, it was almost eerie. The path was lit by small fluorescent lights strewn along the concrete and the only sounds that could be heard were those of crickets chirping and toads croaking. Finally, Citrine saw the gazebo, illuminated by the the surrounding lights, with her beloved Silver Shine sitting inside patiently waiting for her. When he saw her coming, he stood up and met her with open arms and a big smile.

"Hey! There you are!" he greeted her joyfully. "What took you so long?"

"I had to convince my parents to let me borrow the car." Citrine explained.

He walked up to her and gave her a big passionate hug, which she gladly returned. She sniffed and rubbed her muzzle clear of an itch and then they broke away from each other.

"So you're not still upset about the other night?" Shine asked.

"Nah," she answered. "I know you didn't mean it and I feel fine now. I'm just sorry my sister had to butt in and spoil our date." She rubbed her nose again, scratching another itch.

"You okay?" he asked with a hint of concern.

"Yeah, I'm fine. It's just an itch." she reassured him.

"Okay. Well I still felt bad about what I did to you," he explained. "So I got you a little something to make up for it." While Shine turned around to grab his present, Citrine felt an even bigger itch in her sinuses that she tried hard to get rid of. She couldn't figure out what was making her nose so itchy until Shine turned back around and showed her her gift: a bouquet of bright orange and red flowers with long yellow stamens that looked like suns. Dragon sneeze.

The itch turned into a full-blown tickle deep within Citrine's sinuses. She fought to hold it back, but the more she struggled, the worse it got. Shine got worried as he wondered what the problem was. Finally, when the yellow mare couldn't take it any longer, she released an almost explosive sneeze, sending a burst of fire right in Shine's direction. The gray stallion jumped out of the way unharmed, but the same could not be said for the flowers, which had been incinerated and reduced to a burning black pile. Shine stomped on the flowers desperately trying to put out the flames. When the fire was out, he looked at Citrine with an angry glare in his eyes.

(WARNING: SKIP AHEAD TO THE NEXT SEGMENTED LINE IF YOU ARE UNCOMFORTABLE WITH DOMESTIC ABUSE!)

"Oh my God, Shine! I'm SO sorry! I couldn't help it!..." she desperately pleaded.

"Do you have ANY IDEA how much those things cost me?!" Shine shouted at her. She backed away from him, afraid of what he would do next. "You almost BURNED ME ALIVE, you big klutz!"

Citrine was so scared, she started to cry and curl up on the ground. "I'm sorry. I can't help it. Shine, I'm..."

"SHUT UP! I don't wanna hear it!" he screamed at the top of his lungs. "Geez! I try to be nice an apologize and THIS IS THE THANKS I GET?!"
Suddenly, he yanked her up by the color of her blouse and punched her hard across her head, sending her collapsing back down. His fury overtook him as he proceeded to stomp on her torso repeatedly, yelling insults at her as she pleaded and begged him desperately to stop.

Shine raised his foot about to stomp again, when he heard a loud and furious roar that made him stop. Then, all of a sudden, something, or someone, flew out of nowhere and tackled him. It was Jade. She body slammed him up against the pillar of the gazebo and punched him rapidly in the face.

"HOW DO YOU LIKE IT, YOU BASTARD?!" She yelled at him. When her punches finally stopped, she pulled Shine up and pushed him out of the gazebo, where he fell onto the grass. "GO! GET OUT OF HERE!!!" she yelled again as he picked himself up and limbered off.

Citrine struggled to maintain consciousness as she lay in pain on the floor. As Jade rushed to her side, she could see the severe panic on her face.

"Citrine! Citrine! Can you hear me?

She tried to answer, but couldn't form the words.

"You're gonna be okay, alright? I'm gonna get you to a hospital!"

That was the last thing Citrine heard before she finally blacked out.

-------

When Citrine finally woke up, the first thing she saw was a bright white light. She had a huge migraine, but she could hear a familiar masculine-sounding voice saying something like "Look! She's waking up!" Then she realized it was the voice of her father. She tilted her head and sure enough, she saw the faces of her dad, her mom and all of her siblings. They all looked really worried.

"Oh, my poor baby!" Her mother exclaimed, sounding on the verge of tears as she ran to give her a hug. Her father followed after and then picked up her little sister Ruby so she could hug her, too.

Citrine was lying in a hospice with bandages wrapped around her head and ribcage. She was still in a lot of pain. "What are you guys all doing here?" she asked.

"Jade called us and told us what happened," Topaz answered.

"Everything?" the yellow mare asked again, looking to her grungy sister and wondering what exactly she had told them.

"Yeah. Everything!" Jade said kind of snappishly. "I told them about Silver Shine and how you made me swear not to." Citrine suddenly looked down dejectedly.

"But that doesn't matter right now," her dad proclaimed, coming in for another hug. "What's important is that you're alive, honey." The pressure on her ribcage made Citrine wince in pain, but she accepted the hug anyway.

"Yeah, you're lucky I came looking for you or Shine could've pounded you to death," Jade said. "Seriously, Cit. You need to end it with that guy. I mean, look at you. You're lying here with three broken ribs and a mild concussion! That psycho almost killed you just because you sneezed on him!"

Nobody said anything for a long time. Citrine started to cry despite the pain it caused her. Jade softened up a bit at this and moved in closer. Suddenly, Citrine leaned over and grabbed her in the biggest hug yet, catching Jade completely by surprise.

"Thank you, Jade," she whispered through her tears. "You saved my life." Once Jade was past her shock, she returned the hug and held it for a few seconds. When they let each other go, Citrine tried to stop crying. "You're right. I can't do this anymore," she said. "I just can't believe I was so stupid. I kept falling for his lame apologies and his dumb excuses."

Just then, there came a knock on the door. Everyone turned and there stood Silver Shine, his face all bruised and bandaged up thanks to Jade. He was wearing a hospital scrub when he came in looking all worried. Topaz held Ruby's hand for safety.

"Citrine. There you are," he exclaimed.

"Shine?" Citrine said, surprised to see him.

"Listen, I just wanna tell...." he was cut off when Spike, Rarity, Jade and the twins stood in front of him, all glaring him down.

"You listen, tough guy," Spike growled. "You stay away from my little girl or I will personally shove your head so far up your ass, you're gonna be eating your own crap for the rest of your life!"

Shine was starting to shake now. He knew Citrine's dad was a dragon and by the looks of him, he could probably make good on his threat and then some. What really freaked him out, though, was the black two-headed dragon who was also glaring at him with all four of his eyes.

"O-Okay, I'm sorry, but.... s-she almost burned me alive tonight!" He said in his own defense, pointing at the injured dragon-pony lying in bed.

"You idiot!" Jade scolded. "Those flowers are called dragon sneeze for a reason!"

"Yeah, dude! That was your own fault!" Onyx accused.

"Yeah. Now get out of here!" Obi added.

"Whoa, hang on." Shine said. "Cit, you don't really want me to go, do you?"

Everyone turned to her and waited for her answer. Finally, Citrine looked him straight in the eye and said, "Yes I do."

"What?" Shine couldn't believe what she had said.

"It's over, Shine. Now please leave me alone."

"Hey, come on. I said I'm sorry..."

"NO! I'm sick of all your fake apologies. I got sent to the emergency room because of you! I'm not gonna let you hurt me anymore!"

"Cit, come on! Don't do this to me."

"You heard her, punk." Jade said. "Get lost. Unless you want me to snap your arms off."

"I'd gladly let her, too." Rarity chimed in.

Shine was completely at a loss for words. The whole room was staring him down, even his (ex)girlfriend, ordering him to leave right away. He could see that he was out of options, so he surrendered. "Fine," he said in a huff. "But you're gonna regret this someday."

"You try anything and you're gonna regret it, kid." Spike countered.

"That's right." Rarity agreed.

With that, Silver Shine turned and walked begrudgingly out the door and out of their lives for good. After he was gone, everyone smiled back at Citrine.

"You were awesome, Citrine." Topaz complimented his sister on her bravery. Ruby tried to break free of her brother's grip.

"Um, Topaz? You can let go of me now," she told him. He realized he was still clutching her hand.

"Oh right. Sorry," he said letting go of her.

"You guys were all awesome." Citrine replied. "Thanks so much for helping me do something I should've done a long time ago. Especially you, Jade."

"My pleasure, sis." Jade said with a satisfied grin. She held up her fist and declared "Dragon ponies!" Citrine did the same and the two of them performed their sibling handshake. Spike put a hand on Jade's shoulder and gave her a smile.

"We're very proud of you, Jade," he said. "You were very responsible to get your sister here as fast as possible and then call us and tell us what happened."

"Well done, darling." Rarity added.

"Thanks," the young mare said with a joyful smile. "It's just too bad you gotta stay here for two and a half weeks before you're all better."

"Oh, it's not so bad," her sister retorted. "I might not even be alive right now if it weren't for you. I'm just sorry I won't be able to do your fashion show, Mom."

"Oh, pffft!" the white mare scoffed. "Don't give it a second thought, darling. You just focus on getting better and we'll come by to visit everyday. I promise."

Just hearing that made Citrine feel a lot better already. She felt lucky to have such a supportive and understanding family.

"I just need to know one thing." Spike said.

"What's that, Dad?" Citrine asked.

"Did he take advantage of you?" he asked bluntly. Citrine was confused at first, until she realize what he meant.

"Dad!" she shouted, insulted that he would ask such a thing.

"Did you two sleep together?!" he asked again, not letting up until he got an answer.

"No!" Citrine insisted angrily. "I wasn't that stupid."

Spike looked at her silently before he spoke again. "Okay. I believe you," he said. "It's not that I don't trust you. I just had to be sure." he threw up his hands defensively.

Yep. Supporting and understanding family.

------

It was almost midnight when the family arrived home from the hospital. Ruby was so sleepy, she could barely walk, so her daddy picked her up and carried her inside.

"We're gonna go see her again tomorrow, right, Daddy?" the little red dragon asked groggily.

"Yeah, of course." Spike answered. "We're gonna go see her everyday until she comes home."

"But the doctor said that would take two and a half weeks. I'm not good at math, but I know that's a long time."

"Well, she was hurt pretty bad, so she needs a long time to get better." He explained. "But don't worry, sweetie. Citrine's gonna be just fine. As for you, it is way past your bedtime and you need to go get ready."

"That goes for all of you. Go brush your teeth and head straight to bed, alright?" Rarity instructed.

"Okay, Mom." Topaz obeyed. Spike set Ruby down, where she took Topaz's hand and let him guide her up the stairs along with the twins.

Jade stayed behind. She didn't want to leave until she got something off her chest. Something she'd been thinking about the whole way home.

"Mom?" she said, her sullen appearance causing her parents slight concern.

"Yes, dear?" her mother responded. "What is it?"

Jade paused and breathed in before she spoke. "Look, I... I'm sorry I flipped out at the photo shoot yesterday. And that I ruined your outfit."

Both parents were a little surprised to hear that. Rarity bent down to meet her at eye level.

"No, honey," the white mare retorted. "I'm sorry that I forced you into it and made you so uncomfortable. Seeing you so upset was one of the worst feelings I've ever had. I can always make another jacket, but I could never live with myself if I lost you."

To say that Jade was incredibly touched would be an understatement. She hadn't expected her mom to apologize to her and she hadn't realized that she really felt this way.

"I just always thought you guys wanted me to be more like Citrine. All sweet and girly."

"Jade," her dad jumped in. "We don't want you to be like Citrine. We just want you to be like you. We love you just the way you are. Grunge and all."

"That's right, dear." Rarity added. "And we're both very proud of you. You are a fantastic musician. That rock and roll may not be my cup of tea, but it's what you were born for. It's your destiny. We couldn't change that even if we wanted to."

Jade didn't know what to say. She never thought her parents would ever understand her. She felt as though a great weight had been lifted off of her shoulders and before she knew it, her eyes began to to flood with tears.

Smiling, her mother pulled her in for a warm hug, which she eagerly accepted. Spike immediately joined in as Jade continued to cry out all of her pain. "I love you guys, too." she confessed through her tears. Hearing her say that filled her parents with joy. At last, Spike decided to ask her something.

"Hey," he said softly. "Would you be totally embarrassed if we came to your concert?"

They finally broke away from their hug. Jade wiped away her tears and smiled, shaking her head. "No way," she responded. "I'd love that. I really would."

They all hugged again as Jade felt closer to her parents then she ever had before.