• Published 25th Jul 2015
  • 1,271 Views, 17 Comments

Twilight's Cinderella - FluffyWeirdo



A big Event is happening in canterlot and almost all of ponyville will go with or without a colt, But will a certain mare confess her love to a special somepony, before the big event?

  • ...
5
 17
 1,271

Dinner with Royalty causes thinking for I...

Twilight sat down on the chair that was now in the room of where they were going to eat, as her friends joined in at sitting down. It was around seven thirty at nighttime, the cooking took a little longer than expected but soon the food was ready!

"Ohh~ I see cupcakes for dessert~!"

Pinkie said as she giggled with excitement. The rest looked at the tray of cupcakes that were placed at the middle of the large table. The table was filled with food! Cupcakes, Sandwiches, hayburgers, and so much more! To the ponies that were sitting down at the table, it seemed more like a feast than an ordinary dinner they would always have. Like Pinkie always ate cinnamon buns for dinner, Applejack would eat some sort of apple like treat, Fluttershy some sort of healthy yummy snack, Rainbow just some Wonderbolts cereal, Rarity some good tasty meal like a salad or just milk, and finally Twilight would eat a sandwich with a side of broccoli (which she tried to convince Dash to eat) on her plate. But today, no ordinary dinner! Just some good food that would fill up their stomaches a little. Every one of Twilight's friends licked their lips just as they saw the trays of food, with their stomach growling.

"Well, my little ponies, it is nice of you to join us in this feast today, having you hear is really delightful, for now i announce that we all eat our food that we have here on this table!"

Celestia said with a warm smile, before each of the main six and princesses, started filling up their plates with all sorts of food. After the noises of talking, plates clattering, drinks being poured, and moving chairs,
everypony was done, and they began eating their food, taking their time with each bite they took.

It took a while for them to eat, not too slow, not too fast. Everypony ate as they talked to each other making some noise that led acroos the long hallways of the castle. Nopony fought, nopony worried, nopony was sad, nopony was nothing that had to do to make the situation a bad time. But of course in some nights there always is a single small or big mistake, and tonight was one of them for Dash. It was all fine and dandy, until that single question had to be asked from the Princess of Love...

"So uh Fluttershy i heard you are going to the big event with discord!"

"Oh yes! And i am very excited!"

"That's good and Rarity you are going with spike?"

"Oh yes deary, the cute little dragon asked me!"

Cadence nodded before asking the rest again.

"Pinkie Pie, you are going with Cheese Sandwich?"

"You bet i am!! Me and Cheese are super duper excited!!"

Cadence giggled, "What about you Applejack?"

"Oh ah am going with Big Mac and AppleBloom, together to sell some apples again!"

"Splended! I will love an apple treat when you get there!~ and you Rainbow?"

Rainbow froze, as she looked up at Cadence, right in her eyes.

"Uh...n-nopony has asked me yet..."

"Well i am sure somepony will ask you! Or you can ask them yourself right?"

Rainbow looked down at her plate, then to the mare that was sitting to her right, Twilight. Twilight looked back at her wih worried eyes, saying what is wrong. Rainbow's heart raced, as she saw everypony stare at her. She looked up at Celestia before standing up, making noise with the chair as it moved back.

"I-i think i am full...i will go ahead and....go to my room, thanks for the dinner"

Rainbow said as she began walking to the doors, and opned them once she got in front of them. She looked back at her confused friends, and closed the door. Rainbow began walking through the long hallways, only to hear the doors open from behind her. Rainbow turned around, only to see Twilight, the mare she had wanted to ask forever, was outside the doors, and was now standing there looking straight at Dash. She began walking up to Dash.

"Rainbow, is everything okay?"

"Yeah..."

"Rainbow, please...tell me the truth"

Rainbow turned around, where Twilight can only see the back of her head. Dash sighed.

"I-i'm fine Twilight...You don't have to worry about me.."

"Dash, i do worry, and you can tell me! I'm your friend remember"

"Twi, i can't tell you..."

"But why not?"

"I can't Twilight...b-because...UGH! i-i'm sorry Twi i just can't tell you!"

Rainbow said as she ran towards her room, where she belonged. Twilight stared as the rainbow haired pegasus ran for her life, and turned to the right to another long hallway. 'Why...why can't you tell me Dash? Is it something that you are hiding? A friendship problem? No that can't be, she won't betray her friends like that, does it have something to do with me? Is she doin-'

Twilight let out a sigh, as if that sigh will make her thoughts of worry go away from her mind. She walked back slowly, until she reached the opened doors, which weren't so far away. Twilight entered as she closed the doors, with a sad expression.

"What happened Twilight?"

Fluttershy said as she looked at the expression on her friend's face. She did not like it that much, Fluttershy doesn't like her friends looking or being sad...

"She...i think she is hiding a secret from us..."

"A secret? How could Dash hold a secret from us?"

Applejack said with a kind of serious tone in her voice. Twilight looked up at her friends and the princesses.

"I-i don't know...i asked her what is wrong but she refuses to tell me anything"

Cadence's eyes shifted a little from let to right while a serious expression was planted on her face. Cadence's lightbulb lit up, so did her eyes.

"When i mentioned if anypony asked her, she didn't say a thing"

Cadence said as she looked at luna. Luna looked at Cadence's eyes.

"She didn't say a thing, i know that, but what does that have to do with the situation?"

"Well, as you see, she excused herself from the table once i mentioned that question, which could mean she could have a problem with the whole did somepony asked you question, and may be hiding something from...i can't believe i am saying this but...she may have a love problem!"

The rest of the ponies blinked once Cadence finished her sentence of explanation.

"Um...Did i say something wrong?"

"H-how did you figure all that out?"

Twilight said as her voice sounded in awe. Cadence giggled.

"Twilight, i am the Princess of Love, i know when somepony has a love problem, plus it is my job."

Twilight smiled, while Cadence returned it.

"Then, i say you should go talk to her Cadence, maybe she would say what is wrong!"

Cadence nodded, as she got up from her chair, and started walking towards the doors.

***

Rainbow flew as fast as she could untilm finally she reached the door to her own room. She flew down, and landed on her feet, folded her wings back, and let out a sigh before opening the door, and closing it. Rainbow looked around, and walked over to her big bed that stood in glory in front of her. Rainbow looked at it. Purple covers, and light pink pillows...yep she chose this room when they arrived, claiming it her own room. Rainbow flew up a little, before throwing herself into the bed landing in the middle of it as she looked up. Rainbow looked to the right, and took a pillow, hugging it tightly, then looked back up at the ceiling...

'Why do i behave like this? I am such a misbehaved pegasus, yep me that is what i am...or not. Why did i even say that in front of Twi? I could've at least say the truth...that q-question that makes me worry! But the real reason is...why can't i just tell her how i feel? And ask her to the party? Seriously, i can just ask her!'

Rainbow said as she sat up while clutching her pillow, getting all excited like if she really was going to ask her.

'But i...i just cant!'

Rainbow frowned, as she turned to her left side. 'I'm such a weirdo..'

Dash turned the other way...It only took her a couple of minutes before she sighed, and sat up in her bed. She looked to her right only to see a white pony like statue standing there in the corner of her own little room. Rainbow squinted, and saw that it was one of the statues Rarity had at her boutique. Rainbow gave a smirk, and got off her bed, and started walking straight towards the statue. Rainbow took a few steps before stopping in front of the statue. Rainbow looked back to her bed to see one of her scarfs she had sticking out from her luggage. Dash walked back as she opened her luggage, and got out her scarf. She looked at it, it was a purple colored scarf...one that Twilight had given her for christmas since Dash told her she liked that color. Rainbow walked back wirh her scarf in her mouth, and put it around the statue pony's neck, only to imagine Twilight staring back at her with a smile. Rainbow sighed as she put her hooves on the statue's front hooves, and looked to the left, where her door was...Then a noise had to interrupt, Rainbow's ears went up.

"Rainbow? Are you in there?"

Cadence said as she started opening the door. Rainbow let out a girlish scream before she grabbed the scarf, and quickly flew back to her bed, and sat down. Cadence fully opened the door to see Dash sitting down with a suspicious grin. Cadence entered the room, and began walking towards the rainbow maned pegasus, as Dash looked at her with wide eyes as she clutched her scarf. Cadence giggled.

"What are you afraid of? It is just me"

"...yeah i-i knew that!"

Cadence smiled as she closed the bedroom door with her magic, and sat down next to the nervous pegasus. Cadence got comfortable, moving the bed a little as she did. Cadence looked at the eyes of Dash.

"So...What have you been doing?"

"N-nothing i was just sitting right here! Yeah, here...at the bed...doing nothing...at all"

"What were you doing.."

Rainbow sighed as she knew there was no point in aruguing with the princess, "I was with the statue..."

"I see...Are you okay?"

"Yes..."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes...yes i am"

"Then...why did you turn your back on Twilight? Please tell me what is wrong, i am here to help you.."

Twilight. The pony Dash was thinking of was mentioned by the Princess of Love, the one that was sitting next to her on her left.

"There is no reason.."

Rainbow said as she layed down on her forelegs facig the opposite way of facing foward. Cadence smiled, as she put her hoof on Dash's shoulder.

"Please?"

Rainbow looked back at Cadence, to see the princess smiling as her hoof was still on her shoulder. Rainbow thought for a little, to either tell her or not...Rainbow sighed as she sat back up, and looked down at the floor, facing the front.

"Cadence?"

"Yes?"

"D-do you promise to keep this a secret?"

"A secret?"

"Yes...i don't want you to tell anypony else..."

"O-okay, i promise i will keep it a secret, you may begin telling me what is troubling you"

Rainbow looked at Cadence before looking back down again.

"Okay...well, ever since me and Twilight met we were friends...but after a few months, i started to know her better...and i started....i started..."

"Startes...what?"

Cadence said with a soothing voice as she tried to figure out what the pegasus was trying to say.

"I..started having feelings for...her! T-Twilight!"

"Wait..you started having feelings for her?"

"Y-yes....but ever since i just hung out with her...and never really told her how i feel. Now that the event is coming i see alot of ponies with partners...a-and i have tried to confess to Twi but my thinking brings me down, and....i just can't bring myself to either confess or ask her to go with me to the event..."

Cadence smiled a sweet smile as she put out a hoof, and hugged Dash bringing her closer to herself. Rainbow looked up at Cadence. Cadence looked back at her.

"Your thinking is bringing you down? How? How does your thinking trouble you?"

Rainbow started shuffling her hooves as she began talking.

"My mind keeps telling me that she isn't into mares...and that if i ask her or confess...she would say she doesn't feel the same way..and that is what i'm afraid of! Plus she m-might also not be my friend!"

Rainbow said as she brought her hooves to her eyes, covering them. Cadence hugged her fully with her other hoof.

"No no don't think that way! You know Twilight is a sweet mare, and she wouldn't do that to a friend, just like you wouldn't abondon your friends that way, and later you would have to find out yourself if Twilight is into you or not...soon you might confess and ask her to the party."

Rainbow took her hooves away from her eyes.

"I guess you are right...."

Cadence smiled, "Well i am glad, and again, i promise to keep this a secret from anypony else."

"Anypony else that is until i confess to her..."

"Well, then i promise to keep this a secret until you confess to Twilight."

"C-can you do the Pinkie promise?"

"Sure! Cross my heart, and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye!"

Rainbow smiled as she hugged Cadence back. It was all silent, as the princess and the mare hugged each other with their eyes closes, enjoying the little moment, that is until Rainbow's stomach grumbled. Cadence opened her eyes, so did Dash, Cadence giggled.

"I am guessing you are still hungry!"

"You bet...i only ate half a sandwich!"

Cadence smiled, "How about i bring you some food? Or are you ready to head back?"

Rainbow looked up at Cadence, "I think i am ready to head back"

Cadence smiled, "Then come and follow me"

Rainbow climed out of the bed so did Cadence, and they both headed out the bedroom door, and started walking back towards the room where the others were at. Cadence stood in front of the doors as she opened them. The ponies that were eating looked back to see Cadence smiling along with Rainbow by her side.

"DASHIE~!"

Pinkie said as she turned around in her chair with a big grin. The others did the same as they stood up and ran towards Dash to giver her a hug back, as Cadence walked back to her seat where she belonged, next to Celestia. Celestia looked at Cadence and smiled, so did Luna. Luna gulped down her food before saying,

"Soo what did she say?"

Cadence giggled, "It's a secret only i can know"

One of Celestia's eyes twitched, as Luna's grin grew bigger. Cadence watched them in confusion.

"YES! I WIN THE CAKE! HUZZAH!"

Luna said said as she giggled, grabbing a piece of cake, the delicious part of the cake the baker's baked. Luna began happily eating the cake as Celestia let out a wimper as she watched Luna eat the piece of cake. Cadence rolled her eyes playfully as she giggled.