• Published 25th Jul 2015
  • 1,266 Views, 17 Comments

Twilight's Cinderella - FluffyWeirdo



A big Event is happening in canterlot and almost all of ponyville will go with or without a colt, But will a certain mare confess her love to a special somepony, before the big event?

  • ...
5
 17
 1,266

Invited

"Wow! A big event in canterlot!! I can't wait!!"

Twilight said as she jumped up and down after reading the invitation that was sent from princess celestia all the way to her. The alicorn had been in the castle that she and her friends shared together. Twilight went to lay down on the couch as she took the letter with her, and re-read it, "It would be nice to take somepony to the event, since almost all of ponyville are taking some pony..." Twilight said as she mumbled under her breath, looking up at the ceiling high above her. If she were to take some pony with her, who would she take? She is a princess after all, so why hasn't anybody yet ask her? Has she done something wrong to make them not like her? Or were they already taken? Yeah taken is the answer. Can you believe almost all of ponyville has some pony to go with! Well, not everyone, she has seen some of her friends without a pony to go with. So she isn't the only one.

Later spike came in to see twilight staring up at the ceiling...not even once she blinked once spike, her number one assistant came in. It was all silent and still, no sound was made between the baby dragon and the older alicorn. That is until spike decided to go get twilight out from her trance. He walked up to the alicorn and stood in from of her face and waved a claw at her. She still stared into space...

"Hello?? Twilight?"

Suddenly the alicorn came back from space, and blinked, "Spike? What happened?"

"You were just..staring off to space so I tried to get you to stop and then you started blinking again!"

"I was staring off to space? For how long?"

"About maybe three minutes or so"

"Three minutes?!"

"Yes three minutes!....what were you thinking about anyways?"

Twilight let out a sigh, "Nothing I was just thinking about the big event coming up in canterlot.."

"Oh...well I got some good news! I asked rarity out and she said yes!!"

"She did? well I am happy for you spike! Hope you have fun with rarity in the party."

"Thanks twilight...what about you?"

"Well no pony has asked me yet but I am still waiting, probably I would go ahead and ask some pony myself if it comes too close to the party."

"Okay, well hopefully you find some pony before the party! Good luck!"

"Bye spike..."

Spike soon exited out the door of the castle all the way to the boutique, where his lady went to work on her dress. Rarity had asked all of the main 6 but only fluttershy, pinkie, and applejack decided to let her make their dress, while twilight and rainbow dash were told that their mother's were coming over to help get or make a dress for them. So rarity simply nodded a okay and went to work as soon as possible.
Now she is in the boutique sketching away their dresses and hers. Luckily she only has four to work on.

Spike finally came to a halt and knocked on the door. Only, when the door opened, he saw fluttershy standing in the doorway. The yellow coated shy Pegasus smiled a sweet smile, and hugged the baby dragon.

"Hi fluttershy!"

Fluttershy let go of spike and replied, "Hello! You can go ahead and go inside where rarity is if you want!"

"Sure thing!"

Once spike came in flutter shy closed the door and began helping rarity out. Alongside there was the rainbow mare flying around to get the things that the two hard working mares needed. Flutter shy seemed to take her time on the dress of pinkie pie's for she had only begun. Rarity seemed fine as well at first but then she started looking all worried looking so spike went to her side and offered to help her out while dash helped the shy Pegasus.

"And vuala! I am now done with the sketches! ...Well except Pinkie's I had already done her's"

"Well, they look nice rarity!"

"Oh thank you spikey wikey! You are too kind!"

She said as she embraced the dragon with a warm hug. Spike smiled and hugged rarity back. But then they broke the hug and rarity started speaking again.

"So Dearie's, has any one of you been asked already?"

Flutter shy nodded her head, as rainbow shook it no.

"Congrats fluttershy!" She squealed, "Who asked you?" Rarity said with a beaming smile.

"Oh um d-discord...asked me" Flutter shy said as she his her face away in her hair for she was blushing pink.

"Discord? Well I guess that is good for you flutter shy! Hope you have fun at the party"

Fluttershy smiled and continued working. Sewing fabrics together while making sure it is what she wants.

"I didn't get asked..." Rainbow said as she gave fluttershy some more fabric alongside her.

"You didn't?" Rarity asked as she continued making sure the sketches were good.

"No..."

"Well I'm sure somepony will ask you by then! You can't loose hope now."

"I guess not, but I mean who would ask me? Almost all of my friends from cloudsdale has been asked out."

"Hm! Wait are you saying you...want to go to the big event with...a special somepony?"

Rainbow stopped in mid air, almost dropping the basket full of sewing tools. She blushed a little as she flew to fluttershy and dropped the basket next to the shy Pegasus. Rainbow sat down in front of one of rarity's large mirros.

"N-no...."

"Rainbow dear this is nothing to be ashamed of, I mean of course we would be squealing if some pony asked you out, but we are mares...we think like this!"

Rarity said as she put a hoof in rainbow's shoulder, and looked at the mirror to see dash looking down.

"Yeah...I guess"

"Well somepony will ask you I promise that and if not, ask them yourself"

Rarity smiled and went back to sitting down and started getting shape patterns. She looked back to see dash looking up at the mirror. She turned back around and started again with the patterns.

'I am not asking no stallion....I want to ask a mare I have in my mind...'

Rainbow dash thought, and soon she told her friends she had to go home to take care of tank, only she wasn't she went home to try to go figure out how to ask that mare that was in her mind...

But how? Maybe that mare is into stallions...or maybe not! What If she doesn't accept the question? And maybe dash would either have to go alone or not even go! And if she doesn't go, her mother would've done that dress for nothing...and she wouldn't have the pony she loves...

Rainbow sighed, and opened the door of her own home. "I'm home tank!" Rainbow shouted as she waited to see the tortoise come out of her bedroom. Her tortoise had always been there for her whenever she had problems...and she would just let go of the words from her mouth, so tank would understand what was happening. Rainbow closed the door behind her as Tank finally came propelling towards rainbow, once he got there the little tortoise put on a sooting smile for his owner. Rainbow smiled back, "Hey tank! How's my tortoise doing?" Rainbow said as she rubbed her cheek against his, "Tank...I have to let go of some words that are on my mind right now...want to hear?" Tank nodded.

Rainbow took the tortoise to her bedroom, and dash started talking aloud about how she would ask her, and if her mom would come in time, and almost all the things that were in her mind at the moment were told to her pet....Her tortoise only blinked at every statement coming from his owner's mouth.

"Argh! Tank I can't stop thinking or worrying!....What am i going to do..."

Rainbow said as she plopped her head down in her pillow, and gave out a sigh. She looked up at the ceiling with a sad face planted in her face. Tank always knew what his owner's face expressions ment, and he would think of something to make her feel better. Tank decided to come over to her...He started walking slowly towards his owner and sooner made it to her side. Rainbow put her hoof around her tortoise and hugged him close. Rainbow smiled, then sighed.

"One can only hope tank...."

***

Twilight soon decided to go for a walk out in the ponyville streets and think about the big event. She saw evrypony walking around, some looking at her, some just looking ahead. She ignored it and continued walking down until she saw a bench and sat down in it. It was so peaceful just sitting there watching the birds fly around the sky, like free ponies, and the trees rustling in the wind like if they were dancing, and the wind providing the song for the trees to dance to. Flowers stood in position on the ground, water streaming past the rocks at a stream, and the sun outside behind a cloud hiding while greeting the ponies with sunlight and warm. That is until twilight's stomach started growling like a dog trying to catch a burglar. Twilight forgot to eat breakfast this morning, with being too focused on the questions on her mind. She stood up on her legs and started walking to a nearby resturaunt for brunch.

"Mmm! Hayburgers!"

Twilight said as she ate the hayburger with delight and ketchup! Some pieces of hayburger and ketchup were left around her mouth. She cleaned her mouth with a napkin and started eating hayfries shaped like little pony horeshoes! Some ponies around her minded their own business, dome just staring at her, by the alicorn ignored it and continued eating.

Soon twilight finished eating her meal, and went to continue her walk around ponyville. She was all fine and dandy, until she started thinking about the big event again.

'I went to a resturaunt...sure I saw some ponies looking at me, but none asked me yet...don't get your worry on now myself! We all still have a couple of days before the event, and there is going to be a pony asking me before the event!...hopefully'

Twilight thought as she continued to look at the ponies walking around her with a partner to be with...

'At least some of my friends have somepony...like bon bon and Lyra! But why am i still sad...why?'

Twilight ventured through and through the ponies until she got back to her own castle. She opened the door, and went inside back to the living room and sat down...re-reading the invitation....