• Published 22nd Jul 2015
  • 695 Views, 89 Comments

Ponyville confessions - Lunaexcelsior



This is Angelo. Angelo works as a bartender in a five star restaurant, the Hay Palace. There some of Ponyville’s biggest celebrities come in to have a drink. Sometimes they share stories and even secrets.

  • ...
2
 89
 695

Starlight Glimmer

So I’m sitting there, tending bar, when in comes somepony I didn’t expect to see, Starlight Glimmer

Now, Starlight Glimmer is one of the stranger bloaks I have had the honor of meeting. She is quite idealistic in her beliefs, but she goes way too far on her tirades and listening to her for a long time is very annoying.

So she sits down and I notice how happy she looks. I mean, she was cheerier than ever before.

“Ms. Glimmer, are you feeling alright?” I asked her, because her smile was really disturbing.

“I am feeling fine like summer wine”, she said, “Speaking of which, can I get some summer wine”.

“One glass of Sangria coming right up”, I said and poured in her drink.

“Thank you so much kind pipe tender”, she said, “I am so glad I have somepony as reliable as you”.

At that point I knew something was up.

“Ms. Glimmer, are you sure you’re feeling fine? I men you look distressingly happy”, I said to her.

“Oh the smile”, she said, “Well that’s because I have finally managed to get something my way”.

“What do you mean?” I asked.

“Well”, she began, “You know how all the time I wanted everypony to be equal and completely the same?”

“Yeah, I heard your tirades a few times”, I said to her.

“Well, I’ve been going about this all wrong”, she said with ecstasy, “It’s not about stealing cutie marks. They actually factor very little in equality in the end”.

“Really?” I said.

“Yeah”, she replied, “The true secret of equality is actually in the mind”.

I facehoofed the second she said that.

“What do you mean, Ms. Glimmer?” I sighed in disbelief.

“It’s in all of our collective minds”, she said, still holding that blasted smile, “If we all think positively, we will all be equal. If we all think happy thoughts, there will be much more happiness in the world”.

I removed my hoof from my face. It really wasn’t a bad idea, even though a bit too idealistic.

“You’re not far off, Ms. Glimmer”, I told her, “So how do you plan in exercising your ideals?”

“Well”, she said, “I am volunteering at a few shelters for homeless foals. I have made it my duty to smile to everypony I ever meet and I have even made amends to my ex citizens by using my remaining bits and buying them all something nice. I know it’s small but every positivity counts”.

“That’s amazing”, I said, completely baffled by her sudden change, “but how did you come up with this whole idea?”

“Living alone in a mountain cave really changes a mare, you know”, she said, “Sure I could have resented those six ponies for what they did to me, which I did for a while. I even made some pretty disturbing plans about their demise”, she said and shivered, “but ultimately I discovered that it wouldn’t help me and that my hatred is actually driving me in a completely different direction. So I reversed my train of thoughts and tried and it turned out for the best”, she said and finished up her wine.

“Well that’s fantastic”, I said, “I hope it works out for you”.

“I hope so too”, she said and left me twenty bits.

“Don’t you want your change?” I yelled after her.

“Keep it”, she winked at me and walked out.

You see a lot of weird things as a bartender. You see a lot of weird things at the Hay Palace. So, I see a lot of weird things as a bartender at the Hay Palace. And that’s no lie. Swear on me mum.