• Published 22nd Jul 2015
  • 694 Views, 89 Comments

Ponyville confessions - Lunaexcelsior



This is Angelo. Angelo works as a bartender in a five star restaurant, the Hay Palace. There some of Ponyville’s biggest celebrities come in to have a drink. Sometimes they share stories and even secrets.

  • ...
2
 89
 694

Berry Punch

So I’m sitting there, tending bar, when in comes somepony that I have seen quite a lot in these parts, Berry Punch.

Now, Berry Punch is one of my biggest regulars and she always leaves a hefty tab in her wake, so I was quite pleased when I saw her walk through the door. Hey, she’s one of my main providers.

So she sits down and I notice how restrained she looks like.

“Oi, Ms. Punch, what’ll it be?” I asked her.

“Sparkly water, please”, she says under her breath.

I was a bit taken back by this.

So I poured in her drink.

“Can I ask you something Ms. Punch?” I said to her.

“Sure thing”, she said.

“Well, I don’t mean to butt in to your personal life”, I said to her, “but why have you ordered sparkly water? I mean, you usually take some heavier stuff”.

“Well”, she began, “Something happened last time I got drunk, so I am laying off the sauce for a while”.

“Oh really”, I said, “What did you do?”

“Well”, she said, “You know how, when I get a little tipsy, my character judgment goes out of the window?”

“Yeah”, I said.

“Well”, she said awkwardly, “Three weeks ago I crossed into human world and really got hammered”.

“How hammered are we talking about?” I interjected.

“So hammered that I woke up in a weird hotel room with some guy”, she said.

“It couldn’t have been that bad”, I said.

“Oh yeah”, she said with an annoyed look, “Let me paint you a picture: the room was so dirty that cockroaches and rats were nesting in the corners. Not to mention the guy was really muscular and annoying. He kept bragging about his ‘swagger’ and that he ‘lifts so much I couldn’t even handle it’. I mean who brags about such arbitrary stuff”, she said.

I nodded my head in agreement.

“Not to mention that the big twit seemed to have been completely self centered”, she continued her tirade, “I mean he complimented himself more than he did me! It was like I wasn’t even there”, she explained, “But even that’s not the true reason I completely stopped drinking”.

“What could possibly top that?” I asked.

“I remember that I actually fought a homeless guy for a bottle of moonshine”, Berry said, “Once you hit that point in your life, you pretty much are obligated to rethink your life”, she finished off her drink and left me the money.

That day I learned that we all could get away from our bad habits.

At least for a while, since she did return to her drink just two months ago, but it was notably less than before, so, hey, even that’s something.

You see a lot of weird things as a bartender. You see a lot of weird things at the Hay Palace. So, I see a lot of weird things as a bartender at the Hay Palace. And that’s no lie. Swear on me mum.