• Published 22nd Jul 2015
  • 3,357 Views, 28 Comments

Cries of a Self-Tormented Soul - twilightsparkle3562



Luna reveals to Celestia her guilt she carried since being freed of her Nightmare Moon persona.

  • ...
19
 28
 3,357

In the Waiting Room

Chapter 7

"In the Waiting Room"

As morning dawned on Equestria, Luna returned to her chambers thinking of what was going to happen in the very near future. She knew that her feelings were going to be revealed to Celestia and those closest to her, but was still afraid to go through with it. Hearing a knock at her bedroom door, Luna allowed whoever was on the other side to pass through.

"Enter," she said, firmly and one of Celestia's guardsponies was revealed to be on the other side.

"Your highness," he said quietly, saluting Luna. "It is time. Princess Celestia is waiting for you."

Sighing heavily, Luna followed the guard to where Celestia and several guardsponies were waiting to leave. Luna swallowed nervously as Celestia offered her a spot on the chariot.

"Good morning, sister," she said nervously, thinking that Celestia would have ill feelings. "I think we both know what is going to happen."

Celestia said nothing as they departed for Sweetheart's office, where Twilight and her friends were waiting along with Princess Cadence, who had stayed in Canterlot the night before.

"I hope Luna can tell Celestia what she told us," said Twilight, sitting in the waiting room.

"It's going to be fine, Twilight," replied Cadence, who was sitting next to her. "Although, I will have to admit that I am a little nervous myself. Aunt Luna was really bothering me yesterday in the Canterlot Gardens."

But before she could freak out just as much as Twilight, Cadence used her breathing technique that she taught her, calming herself down. It was after this did Cadence notice a humanoid figure sitting across from her.

"Master?" she whispered as the figure smiled at her and quickly disappeared. Seeing the master gave Cadence a sense of hope that maybe things will turn out for the better.

"He must be aware of what is going to happen here today," she thought as several guardsponies came into the office to herald Celestia and Luna's arrival.

Outside the office, Celestia got off the chariot first as Luna looked up at the office nervously. Taking yet another enormous gulp, Luna stepped off the chariot and followed her older sister into the office. Upon entering the office, Luna looked at all the ponies gathered around the waiting room, who were staring at her with keen expressions.

"This is for your own good, Princess Luna," said Applejack. "Sometimes its best to release our feelings, rather than keep them hidden."

Luna said nothing and sat down next to Celestia, who then placed her hoof on Luna's hoof and looked over at her with a smile on her face.

"It's all right," she whispered. "We are trying to help you be more open with everypony and I'm doing this because I love you, little sister."

Luna stayed silent, but Celestia could see that she was starting to get the message somewhat. Nevertheless, the Princess of the Night was anxious to the point where she didn't say anything. Deep down, Luna knew that she needed to confess her feelings that she harbored as a result of her actions as Nightmare Moon to Celestia, but she didn't know what to say.

From across the room, Rainbow Dash couldn't help but wonder if even the pony who had helped her get over the hibernation of her pet tortoise would help Celestia's younger sister open herself up to those she loved.

"She seems so sad," remarked Fluttershy. "Who knew Princess Luna could muster so much guilt in such a long time?"

"In a way," sighed Rainbow Dash, looking over at Luna and Celestia. "She is kind of like me in terms of hiding our feelings."

Fluttershy turned over to Rainbow Dash when she heard her say that. Rainbow Dash was right, Luna was somepony who tried to keep her feelings hidden and it was when Fluttershy had told Rainbow Dash was going to be "petless" did she release all of her emotions.

"I know it's hard to release your emotions, Fluttershy," continued Rainbow Dash, her voice quieted. "But, it's as what you said to me, Fluttershy, that Luna will never get better unless she lets it all out."

At that moment, the door opened and Sweetheart looked out and saw Luna and Celestia sitting next to each other.

"Hello, princesses," she said in a sweet voice, smiling. "Care to come in?"

Luna and Celestia looked at each other one last time before getting out of the seats and following Sweetheart into her office. Once the door closed, the waiting game had begun.

"Well, it's all or nothing now," said Cadence, a hint of nervousness in her voice. "Who knows what is going to happen in there?"

"I really don't know, Cadence," replied Twilight. "But, I am afraid that all we can do is wait for them to come out."

However, as quickly as the door opened, it opened again and Sweetheart came back out, this time looking at Cadence and Twilight.

"I know this sounds improper, but would join us as well?" she asked. "Both Celestia and Luna would appreciate it."

Although it was against their better judgment, Cadence and Twilight followed Sweetheart into her office and the door closed, leaving her friends and Spike in the waiting room.

"This is going to be nerve wracking," moaned Pinkie Pie, trying to keep her excitement in check. "I don't know how long I can hold it."

But, the rest of the ponies gave Pinkie a look, saying that it was neither the time nor the place for her to go bananas. This was a serious matter that needed to be attended to and thus, there was no time for fooling around. However, Pinkie had thought otherwise.

"Come on, I'm serious!" she groaned.

"Aw, shoot," moaned Applejack. "I guess we all are a little nervous. We just have to be there for Luna and the other princesses."

"I agree with you, Applejack," said Rarity. "It is nerve wracking to say the least, but let's wait here and be supportive of Twilight and the others. Although I wonder how things will go in there."

"I don't know, Rarity," sighed Spike, his eyes fixated on the door to Sweetheart's office. "I just don't know."