• Published 22nd Jul 2015
  • 3,357 Views, 28 Comments

Cries of a Self-Tormented Soul - twilightsparkle3562



Luna reveals to Celestia her guilt she carried since being freed of her Nightmare Moon persona.

  • ...
19
 28
 3,357

Princess Cadence, the Princess of Lie Detectors

Chapter 6

"Princess Cadence, the Princess of Lie Detectors"

While Twilight and her friends were with Sweetheart and telling her about Luna's situation, Princess Cadence had come to Canterlot for her weekly visits with Celestia and Luna. Out of all the four princesses that rule over Equestria, Cadence was the one who had the ability to somehow detect if somepony was lying. The recent events in the past few months had made Cadence very suspicious of Luna just as much as Celestia.

"She just hasn't been the same, Cadence," sighed Celestia as they had their afternoon tea and cakes. "I don't know what is going on, but I think she can be hiding something from me."

"Whatever Aunt Luna is hiding," remarked Cadence, drinking a sip of tea. "She needs to talk to us about it."

"More of that she needs to talk to me," sighed Celestia, a hint of frustration in her voice. "Ever since Twilight and her friends freed Luna from her Nightmare Moon persona, Luna has been more and more distant from me. I want to help her, but every time that I do, she just distances herself from me."

Cadence continued to listen to what Celestia said and began to get an idea over how this animosity that Luna was hiding from Celestia was starting to drive a rift between them. If there was one talent that Cadence had aside from spreading love, was the ability to detect lies. She had detected numerous lies from Spike during the Equestrian summit not too long ago and this was just another example of it.

"Why don't I talk to her, Aunt Celestia?" suggested Cadence. "I'm sure she will listen to me."

"Very well, Cadence," replied Celestia, taking a sip of tea. "But, don't be surprised if she doesn't talk to you. Besides, Twilight and her friends are asking somepony that helped Rainbow Dash to help solve our situation."

Cadence nodded in reply that she got the message before leaving to find Princess Luna later that day. Cadence eventually found the Princess of the Night in the Canterlot gardens just wandering around aimlessly. She could tell that Luna had the thoughts of despair on her mind and was determined to get to the bottom of it.

"Aunt Luna!" she called, causing Luna to break out of her trance. "What are you doing out here?"

"That is none of your concern, Mi Amore Cadenza," replied Luna, sharply. "I was merely admiring the structures that make up these gardens. This was where Discord was imprisoned once."

Instead of responding right away, Cadence walked over to Luna with a look of suspicion on her face in which she was known to give when somepony was indeed telling a lie and Luna was no execption.

"Aunt Luna, I'm concerned you might be hiding something from Aunt Celestia," said Cadence, a hint of stern in her voice. "Tell me, what is on your mind?"

Nevertheless, Luna remained her defiant self and refused to answer her niece's question.

"There is nothing for me to tell you," cried Luna, looking away from Cadence. "Whatever I am hiding, it is nothing more than the stress of being the Princess of the Night."

Luna then walked farther and farther into the maze, desperate to get away from Cadence, but the Crystal Princess of love was not going to back down that easily.

"I know you are hiding something from us, Aunt Luna," cried Cadence, using her magic to teleport in front of Luna. "I can tell when somepony is lying to me and right now, you are hiding something from Aunt Celestia. Something happened and I want you to tell me what it is right now."

Nevertheless, Luna remained defiant and the more times she avoided Cadence, the more times Cadence hounded Luna down. Finally, Cadence had grown frustrated and decided to leave Luna alone in the maze.

"I can't understand it!" she cried, pounding her hoof on the floor of the throne room. "She won't even say anything to me, Aunt Celestia. What can I do?"

"We have to keep trying, Cadence," replied Celestia, sitting on her throne with her mind filling up with despair. "I want to help Luna with whatever is on her mind, but I can't help Luna unless she tells me what is going on."

Just then, a scroll appeared in front of Celestia and the Princess of Day opened the scroll and read it aloud for Cadence to hear:

"Dear Princess Celestia,

My friends and I have found somepony who could help Luna talk to you about her problems. Her name is Sweetheart and she is a therapist who had helped Rainbow Dash in her situation with alcoholic cider and dealing with Tank's hibernation. She is a pony that specializes in situations like this and who we all believe could be a big help in helping your relationship with Princess Luna. She wants to meet with you and Luna first thing in the morning. My friends and I will accompany you to her office.

Your student and youngest equal,

Princess Twilight Sparkle."

Feeling a sense of accomplishment, Celestia made the scroll disappear and looked down at Cadence warmly. This was a sign that things were moving in the right direction for them.

"Twilight has found somepony that can help us," said Celestia, stepping off of her throne. "She is a therapist who had helped Rainbow Dash."

"When will you both go?" asked Cadence, her voice filled with excitement to a degree.

"In the morning, first thing," replied Celestia walking over to the stained glass window that made her feel warm: Twilight's coronation window. "Twilight has helped me yet again, Cadence."

Cadence walked over and draped her wing over Celestia's neck, getting closer to her and hugging her tightly. They were both happy that the reality of getting Luna to open up to them was getting more and more realistic.

Meanwhile, Luna was back in her quarters preparing herself to assume her duty as Princess of the Night. Her brief confrontation with Cadence had made her realize that she couldn't hold in her fears for much longer.

"It is time for you to face your fears, Princess Luna," she heard the master say in her head. "You cannot hide for feelings for much longer."

Hearing the voice in her head continuously repeating, Luna sighed and gave herself in to confess what was on her mind.

Soon, her feelings would be revealed to all who loved and cared for her…