• Published 22nd Jul 2015
  • 1,408 Views, 77 Comments

Secrets of a Wanderer - Nero_Nova



A world travailing pony has come to live in Equestria and must keep his true self hidden from his new friends lest they learn who he really is.

  • ...
6
 77
 1,408

little party part 2

Author's Note:

I feel the quality of my writing as well as my drawings has not been as well as it could be, this is do to a massive work load i have had as of late. i will be fixing this for the next chapter so stick around and dont forget to like and follow.

cover art for chapter 8: http://neronova00.deviantart.com/art/chapter-8-little-party-part-2-556402611

//------------------------------//
// little party part 2// Story: Adventures of Jax, Wandering soul// by Nero_Nova//------------------------------//

Chapter 8

A short clean up with magic was more than in order after the little incident with the Cutie Mark Crusaders, after which Jax was introduced to the little trouble makers. What was most interesting was that Scootaloo, the little orange filly, was actually staying with Rainbow Dash while her parents were away, so she would not have to leave her friends. Rarity and Applejack tried to apologize about the interruption, but he had no problem with it.

“So... wanna meet the Cakes now?” Pinkie asked, wanting to finish the introductions. A shrug from Jax was all that was needed and he was whisked back to the party room where the happy couple was looking after their little ones. “Here they are, Mister and Missus Cake.”

The married ponies said hello and went straight to introducing their little ones, Pound and Pumpkin Cake. The little filly and colt crawled over to the new pony they had never met before and looked on with curious eyes. Jax knelt down to see them when Pound Cake pulled a plushy out from behind him and hit him right between the eyes. The Cakes started to apologize for their little foal only to be graced with laughter from the light green stallion. “Well, he's a rowdy one isn't he? Don't worry, I know how kids can be.”

The little ones were taking a liking to Jax, and started climbing on his hooves and head like a new friend made jungle gym. Again, this reaction took our small group of mares by surprise now knowing that the closed off stallion was capable of such interaction with others.

With the flip of a switch, Pinkie declared that the party had finally begun. Everypony broke out into dance and enjoyed an array of treats. Fluttershy played silly games with Bulk and the little Crusaders while Cheerilee watched with Rarity, both gossiping and being sure no funny business happens.

Later in the party Pinkie decided to run off and round up everyponies pets for... there was no reason to be found. Rarity and Applejack both had fairly common pets, an overly excited dog and a scornful cat that looks like you would get a face full of claws if you touched her. Most likely from being over pampered. Twilight's owl and Fluttershy's rabbit were a little more interesting, the white bundle of fur being kept out of trouble by the ever watchful bird.

What was most confusing were Pinkie Pie's and Rainbow Dash's pets. Jax had never seen a turtle with a set of helicopter blades strapped to his back - or was it a tortoise? The sluggish little thing flew around bumping into various objects while his colorful owner did her best to keep her cool composure, but still flinching with a clear touch of concern with every bump she heard.

Even more strange was Pinkie’s little alligator who stood just a foot or so away from Jax, staring with a look that suggested Bulk may have more in his head compared to this little one. Still as stone the baby reptile gaped his mouth showing his lack of teeth, after a moment his hind legs rose slowly and he softly plopped on his chin closing his mouth. Jax couldn't help but smile at the simple creature wondering what really goes on in the head of something that seems so mindless.

A sip of punch and Jax finds himself actually enjoying himself. Seems he can stay calm and at ease sitting in the corner by the many treats that line the party table. “So are you having fun?” asked Twilight as Winona ran up and snatched Gummy to play.

“Surprisingly, yes.”

“Thank goodness, I was worried you would be uncomfortable.”

“To be honest I am,” Jax tells Twilight holding a semi-smile. “Please don't misunderstand, it's not that I have anything against you all, in the past two days alone I've come to owe you a lot. But it's like Pinkie said, I'm not one for interacting with others.”

Twilight cocked her head in confusion seeing as his actions did not match his words. “But you seem just fine. You even played a joke on Bulk and played with the Cake's kids. Is making friends really that hard for you?”

“Well to refuse a party like this would be rude, what kind of pony would that make me? And it's not as if I've never made friends before, just not in this way.”

Questions began to fill Twilight's head in the blink of an eye. “But what other way is there to make friends? I've spent years learning about it and even became the princess of friendship.”

Finishing another sip of punch Jax hears the rustling of little hooves on a table cloth. The Cake babies were pulling on it, causing the punch bowl to inch ever closer to the edge of the table. Jax turns to face Twilight as the bowl begins to tip. “Trust me Twilight, the way I made friends...” he paused, raising his hind leg to catch the punch bowl and move it back to the table not spilling a drop and hoping no pony would notice. “You don't want to try it.”

“Wait, how did you do that?” She asked abruptly

“Do what?”

“That, just now, you weren't even looking at the babies.”

“Oh look cake,” Jax says, taking a mouth full of sweets and offering Twilight a plate. Again she is given reason to question more about Jax.

The rest of the party goes on without a hitch and the day comes to an end. Just as Celestia's sun is setting Jax and Twilight approach the castle with a sleeping dragon on the princess’s back. It was at this time Jax took the moment to appreciate the splendid sight of the light glimmering off the castle walls. As out of place as the massive structure was, it was still a sight to behold.

Just as before Jax questioned himself more than he thought he should. It was not much of a stretch to admit he enjoyed himself today, and uncomfortable as he was most of the time. It was not a time he would like to take part in again, but pleasant none the less. The light green stallion was more exhausted from keeping his calm demeanor up than actually partying. The question now was, what would tomorrow hold, and how would he handle it?