• Published 22nd Jul 2015
  • 577 Views, 8 Comments

Chaos Dawns - EmeraldRing



Discord's history with his adoptive siblings... and the time they called him a monster

  • ...
5
 8
 577

The Plan

"Are you sure?" Stellarum inquired.

"Yes, it will be good for the girls and he has no family, so of course I'm sure," Staria replied with certainty.

"Ok, but nothing permanent yet, we still hardly know him and his magic is rather wild," Stellarum said, still a little uncertain.

"Another reason that my idea should be implemented, we can help him learn to control his magic," Staria insisted.

"Fine, fine he can-," the doors suddenly burst open and Luna and Celestia charged in.

"Come on, you've been in here for ages, and we want to spend some more time with Discord," Luna whined. Staria giggled softly at her youngest daughter's behaviour before telling them her plan. After explaining the plan to the girls the King and Queen were met with gasps, laughs and shouts of joy. Stellarum ushered the sisters out of the room, telling them to go break the news to Discord.


Celestia and Luna charged down the hallways, even getting lost a few times, despite living in the castle themselves. The guards smiled fondly as they passed, shouting at each other, blaming the other for why they were lost. Eventually, the two fillies found themselves outside Discord's room and they burst in, making the draconequus leap up in surprise. Luna jumped forwards, talking too fast for anypony to understand her, Celestia just stood there, one hoof over her shaking head.

"Hold on, Luna. I can't understand a word you're saying!" Discord laughed. Luna pouted as she was lifted away by her elder sister; Celestia and Discord just continued to chuckle at the midnight filly.

"What my sister was trying to say, well, it's good news for one," Celestia said, trying to put off the big news as long as she could.

"And? What is the good news? Is it good news for me or good news for you? Or is it good news for both of us? Or are you going to tell me that the war between the fish and the forks is over? 'Cause I've been waiting for 20 years to know the outcome of that!" Discord asked impatiently, not wanting to have to wait any longer too hear this 'good news'.

"Well, firstly, I wanted to ask you a question- Wait, the war between the fish and the...forks? What in Equestria is that?" Celestia tilted her head in confusion; Luna looked and Discord, complete understanding in her gaze.

"It isn't in Equestria. But, if you really want to know I guess I'll have to tell you. The Fish and the Fork are at war. Now tell me the news!" Discord whined impatiently.

Celestia sighed good-naturedly, "Well, I do want to ask you a question quickly . How old are you? I'd like to know because I think I might be the oldest here, judging by your childish nature" She added to herself, "But I'd like to be sure."

"I'm 173," Discord said smugly.

"I'm 93!" Luna called from the corner she was standing in; the filly was making shapes out of the shadows (in her mind that is).

"I'm258," Celestia said quickly, "Luna! Are you trying to find shapes in the shadows again?" Celestia said, trying to change the subject.

"But, it's fun Tia! There are so many!" Luna said enthusiastically; Celestia smacked her face with her hoof and Discord chuckled slightly, raising his claw, he snapped it. Suddenly, the shadows sprang into life around the filly and the danced along the walls, creating all kinds of creatures before swirling into another. Luna's eyes lit up at the display and she raced around the room, following the shadows. Discord smiled widely at the filly, glad that she was enjoying his magic. Celestia smiled gently at her sister, but was frowning in her mind. No creature should have such magical ability at such a young age. Well, I guess it's okay, as long as he doesn't use it to hurt others, at least he'll be taught by good ponies. Wait, he doesn't know yet! I forgot to tell him! Celestia realised suddenly.

"Discord? Could you put those shadows back? I never told you the news!" Celestia said, nudging Discord slightly.

"Tia! How could you forget!" Luna called out, facing away from the wall when the shadows can to rest in their natural places.

"Well maybe because you were messing around with the shadows!" Celestia retorted.

"You were the one who brought it up!" Discord coughed quietly, it got the sisters attention and they both blushed slightly in embarrassment.

"Sorry Discord, anyway, the news." Discord started to rock back and forth on his bed in excitement.

"We're going to adopt you!" Luna interrupted.

"Luna! I wanted to tell him!" Celestia whined, completely ignoring Discord's shocked expression.

"Sorry Tia" Luna said sheepishly. Celestia groaned in frustration and Discord just sat there, speechless.

"Y-You want to-to a-adopt, me?" Discord stuttered, shock still plastered on his face like the kind of face paint that never comes off.

"Yeah!" Luna and Celestia said in unison, the giggled quietly at themselves. Discord didn't know what to say, so he sat there silently, his chaotic mind trying to figure the situation out. His mind couldn't form an image. Instead the deceptive image of the village sprung to mind; the image of said village burning was impatient to follow. No. To Discord there was no way he would ever be accepted; different is bad and it always will be. A fire of fear grew in his chest until it was so formidable that it could bring Eden to it's knees and burn it to the ground. The flames only added red like that of a dripping sunset to the images of cages, chains and pure, unadulterated fear that grew in his mind like a brooding storm and he just wanted to run and never face the world or the fear again. He felt as though the crisp white walls of his room were clawing at his skin, pulling him, dragging him, further and further into the red hot flames of fear that melted his already torn skin and engulfed his resolves and ideals and sheer will to live. Something inside him told him to run, because will never be accepted, he will never be loved because he is a monster!

"Discord!" Luna's shaky voice ripped through his thoughts like the claws that had emerged from the walls, the loud tone indicating that she hadn't just started to call his name. Her appropriately coloured midnight eyes, already filling with the stars that filled her soon-to-be night sky, closer to his red irises that her remembered them being before, "Are- Are you okay?" Luna's voice portrayed no sign of anything but worry and concern. Unphased by her question, Discord glared into her cobalt eyes, looking for something, anything, that could act as a bucket of water to extinguish the fire of doubt and fear, but, there was the chance that what he found would only act as kindling for the raging heat that radiated off him in waves He only saw concern, concern that had rooted itself so deeply into the filly's mind that he wanted to send the voice of doubt to the moon where it would be forgotten forever. The flames died down, ever present, but only enjoying their pastime of flitting around the edges of his mind. Discord tore his gaze away, satisfied by what he saw.

"I-I'm f-fine, I just- can I- would you- am I- don't you see me as a m-monster?" The word could only just squeeze past his lips, and he still flinched at the word. But it's true, I am a monster

"What? No! You may look different, but that only makes you all the more unique and amazing. Your differences only make you who you are, it's the same with your magic. It doesn't matter to me, or anyone else what you look like. I can see that in your heart you are someone so special and incredible that you can't be ordinary, it just isn't you; I like you the way you are, as does Luna, my mother and my father. If the rest of Equestria can't see that it's because they're too narrow-minded to accept differences and if I have to visit every single pony in the land to personally force their eyes open, then so be it. I will not let you live out your life thinking that you are something you're not, I promise." Discord sat in shock, slowly uncurling himself from the corner he didn't even realise he was in.

"Th-thank you," came Discord's weak reply. Celestia let out a breath she didn't even know she was holding and smiled softly at the draconequus in front of her. Luna stood next to her, eye level with Discord, he could see the truth in their, the warmth they radiated was nothing like the flames that eagerly ate away at Discord mere minuets before-hoof.

Eventually, with the help of Celestia's speech, Discord's head wrapped itself around the concept that sompony wanted to have him around and tears of joy began to spill down his face. The fillies pulled him into a hug and, after a while, he hugged them back. Discord pulled away, his tears had stopped flowing and the faucet in his eyes had turned off. Then happiness overwhelmed his mind.

"Enough of this sappy stuff, I want to party!" Discord snapped his talons and, suddenly, the room was filled with music and lights, "Well? Don't just stand there. I know I'm pretty amazing, but you can stare at me in awe some other time," Discord smirked, his usual facade to mask the relief and residue of pain in place. The two sisters shook there heads, smiles present on their faces, and looked around at the newly decorated room, "Come on, sisters, it is a party you know"

"Fine then, brother, I bet I could beat you in a dance off!" Luna shouted at the draconequus, "Tia! You be the judge! Okay?" Celestia just nodded, laughing at her sister's antics.

"You are so on!" Came Discords reply, his eyes nearly overflowing with laughter.

In the end, Discord won the dance off, if only because of his more flexible body. Staria and Stellarum finished all the paperwork, but Celestia, Luna and Discord already felt like siblings. Yes, Discord thought, I think I will enjoy it here.

Author's Note:

Well, it's official! Celestia, Luna and Discord are siblings!!:pinkiehappy:

Wow. It has been ages since I last updated! Sorry about that, school and such had been getting in the way. It might be a while until the next chapter because of that. But, here it is, the chapter were Discord gets a family! See you guys next time for Did you really think I'd tell you what was happening next

Comments ( 1 )

okay still interested
but please leave cadence out of this story xD please hahah

Login or register to comment