• Published 22nd Jul 2015
  • 574 Views, 8 Comments

Chaos Dawns - EmeraldRing



Discord's history with his adoptive siblings... and the time they called him a monster

  • ...
5
 8
 574

Prologue

*All characters belong to their respective parties*

Discords statue hit the ground with a thud. In their shock at what the Elements had done to Discord neither of them used their magic to stop his fall.

“N-no, h-he can't be s-s-stone. I-I-we” Luna broke down into heart wrenching tears as she sobbed onto her downcast sister's shoulder.

“I-I know you we-were very close, b-but-” Celestia tried to continue whilst fighting back tears.

“He was my brothe-”

“Adopted brother Luna”

“I DON'T CARE!” Luna shouted in her sisters face, pure rage etched onto her face as if it were an 1000 year old carving.

“He was like a real brother to me” Luna whimpered quietly, “BUT YOU PICKED THOSE RIDICULOUS BULLIES OVER HIM AND, and,” She repeated more quietly, “look where that got us. Look where that got HIM. “ Luna yelled while jabbing a hoof in the direction of the now petrified Discord.

“Luna,” Celestia said sternly, “I-it did hurt to take the bullies side-” quickly raising a hoof to stop Luna's burst of outrage,

“but I-we had to. We are princesses Luna, this much is true, however, that means-”

“TO TATARUS WITH WHAT THAT MEANS... All I can see is my brother is a statue, A STATUE, all because I-I wa-wasn't a go-good enough sister to see that through all the jokes a-and smiles he-he was hurting.” Luna started to quietly sob again letting out a waterfall of glistening tears. Celestia raised a hoof to comfort her, but as soon as her hoof came in contact with the moon princesses shoulder Luna turn and glared at her, if looks could kill Celestia would've been dead in seconds. When Luna glanced at her 'sister' she could no longer see the mare who had cared for her as she grew up, instead she saw a monster.

“Y-you said that D-Dis-Discord wa-was a monster.”

“Y-yes,” Celestia choked as if not wanting to believe that she had.

“W-we-well you-YOUR THE MONSTER!” Those words cut Celestia's heart like butter as she stared blankly ahead in shock watching her beloved sister shoot away from her as fast as her wings could carry her, Luna was using her magic to tow the stone Discord with her. Celestia could see the, once again, steady flow of of tears that trailed behind her. Celestia was heart was broken like a mirror and the pieces of shattered glass were starting to hurt as they pierced her from the inside, breaking her even further. The only thing she could manage to whisper as Luna faded to a blue dot in the distance was,

“I'm sorry... brother”


Discord's POV


Though he would never admit it to anyone Discord felt very touched at what Lu-Lu had said to Sun-butt. It was her own sister and yet she still chose him, her.. her brother. Being locked in a stone prison was most certainly not the most enjoyable of prisons, mainly because there was no one there he could annoy. But the worst part and arguably the best part was still being able to see and hear, good because he heard what Lu-Lu said for him and he could at least see where he was going, bad because it is painful for a spirit of chaos to be aware of what was going on around him and not be able to participate.

“WHY?!” Discord screamed out loud (of course no one heard him though).

“I-I thought we were siblings to the end,” He stammered, “But she was lying!” He growled, “It seems the only ponies I can trust are Lu-Lu, and Cadence” He smiled remembering Luna as a filly, she had the most adorable smile and a very contagious laugh, Cadence was a prankster like him and he grinned even wider remembering the time they had made it rain pies on Sun-butt. He would get his revenge, but he would find away to leave Lu-Lu and Cadence out of it to keep his only sisters safe.



*Back at the castle* (no longer Discord's POV)

"How am I going to tell Cadence?" Luna said abruptly. She had forgotten all about the little alicorn that she and Celestia had adopted as a niece, she loved Discord to pieces (the feeling was mutual). Everyday the two would go round pranking the castle staff, the princesses, even the King and Queen themselves, before they left to join the moon and the sun. Cadence was 170 now (young for an alicorn, about 5-8 in normal pony years) and while she may be young she was very clever, it wouldn't take her long to realise what had happened. The memories of them pranking her nearly every day, hearing their giggles from somewhere, most likely from around a corner, watching her reaction to their prank brought pain now, knowing that it will never happen again. Poor Cadence, I hope she doesn't take it too harshly Luna thought to herself as she landed in the castle gardens. The moon princess was NOT leaving Discords statue in the garden to show off the fact that they had stopped the Lord of Chaos, but as a memorial to him out of respect and her love for him. Where to put his statue however was much harder. She had first thought of placing him near the statue of strength, then the statue of hope, but finally she settled for the statue of family.


"Cadence" Luna called, having returned to the castle.

"Yes Aunt Luna, did you convince Discord to come back; I have a really cool idea for a prank," Cadence bounced out of her room. Luna and Celestia had told Cadence that Discord had gone away and that a strange being was causing the chaos. They had also told her that Discord could stop this creature but they needed to go and find him first. If Discord had listened and changed Equestria back then he could lie to her as well, she wouldn't need to know, but Discord was a statue now and Cadence needed to know.

"Discord i-isn't coming ba-back," Luna choked.

"But everything i-is back to normal," Cadence said, looking confused as tears formed in the alicorn of love's eyes.

"H-he stopped the chaos y-yes bu-but he can't co-come back. W-we carved a-a sta-statue in his honour, it i-is in the gar-garden," tears began their steady fall down Cadence's cheeks as she ran out and into the garden. Luna retreated to her room and promptly fell asleep due to the exhaustion of the day.



*In Luna's dream*

"L-L-Lu-Luna," a familiar voice rang through her head.

"Di-Discord!" Luna cried back as she made out the mismatched shape of the draconequus, she ran and hugged him before stepping back and hanging her head realising that this was a dream, this Discord was a dream. Discord only chuckled in response reading her mind.

"I'm real. Only just though, it is taking all my strength to be here. I've already seen Cadence though." Discord said nonchalantly.

"But how? I'm the only one who can perform the dream spell," Luna inquired.

"Weeeeeeell I might have listened in while you took your lessons. I was interested in dream magic; wasn't very good at it though," he laughed.

"I love you bro," Luna said through tears, wanting to tell him one more time.

"I love you too sis," with that he vanished. Luna could've sworn she heard a faint whisper on the wind saying Don't cry, I'll be back. Then the scene in front of her changed. Luna gasped, this was where she first met her brother.

Author's Note:

So, it may take a while for the chapters to come out because me and Silver Streak are writing this over email. I know in the show Cadence does not grow up as an alicorn but I wrote her that way.I got the inspiration of Cadence as a prankster from the ending of 'threes a crowd' where Cadence says that she find the palace predictable and enjoys a little excitement now and then. :pinkiegasp:. The title will be changed to (probably). See you soon:twilightsmile: