• Published 18th Aug 2015
  • 2,581 Views, 10 Comments

Too Much to Handle - Fifty Shades of Yellow



As the school year progresses, Fluttershy frequently ditches class and constantly wears bulky articles of clothing. When summer arrives, she doesn't even go outside for any reason. You look into the problem and help her overcome it.

  • ...
8
 10
 2,581

Chapter 1: Checking In

It’s not the same. Over the course of this school year, things obviously changed but without a reason. In the beginning, everything seemed fine. You hanged out with people here and there, made some decent acquaintances, but you didn’t have the guts to ask a girl out. Well, you were close to doing so a few times, only to fuck it up by bailing on doing so. Fluttershy seemed quiet, nice, and didn’t seem all that busy like the rest of her friends. But with each passing month and cowering away, it was one of the many downfalls. It didn’t seem much at first, but it was more significant when winter came.

After winter break, Fluttershy kept on wearing baggy clothes. It would be a bulky sweater and sweat pants, something that would cover her in a thick line of fabric. But at the time, it was reasonable. It was cold as fuck and everyone was wearing that shit. When spring came around, she didn’t stop wearing it. And that was when she showed up. With each passing month, she would appear less frequently than the last. It went from once every month to three times a week. Somehow, she was able to finish the school year and might continue in the next grade.

Now its summertime and the one thing that is missing when you see her friends is Fluttershy herself. You would check out the animal shelter if she was there, but it would be closed. The last place you would check is her house, but you don’t even know where she lived. Right now, you’re in the mall, looking around for something that you might need for the future. In pure honesty, you don’t even need this. You just walk around and look at whatever interests you and leave without looking back. The best you would buy is a pretzel or a smoothie at the food court. Not this time, you doubled down and bought both. Sweet and salty, you should have thought about this sooner. You toss the wrapper and empty cup away and resume your stroll.

You stop when the girls walk out of the recently open pedicure store. They seem to be heading your way, chatting about how their nails are their greatest with the new coat of paint. When you’re about to pass by, you waive a bit and stop. ”Hey Anon.” Sunset greets you.

”Hello Anonymous.” Rarity joins.

”Hiya Nonny!” Pinkie chimes with glee.

”Howdy there.” Applejack politely comes in.

”Sup.” Rainbow plainly announces. You notice that Fluttershy is absent once more.

“Hey, enjoyed the pedicure?” Most of them nod and shine them in the light. Rainbow Dash just stands in the sidelines with her arms crossed. “I’m guessing it’s not your thing, Rainbow?”

”Nah, it’s just a waste.”

”Come on, it’s not bad.” Sunset comments.

”For you. I think wasting your time to get something that will barely get recognized a nice coat of paint is just a waste.”

You think of a quick reason to shut this down before it becomes a flame war. “Where’s Fluttershy?” A part of them look away or scratch a certain body part.

”She couldn’t make it.” Sunset answers.

“Is she alright?”

”It’s nothing. She just couldn’t hang out with us.” Rarity taps on her shoulder and whispers something in her ear. Sunset whispers something back and pretends that didn’t just happen.

“What’s going on? Is there not something that you guys are holding me back on?”

”It’s not that, but… we just couldn’t tell you about it.”

“Why not?”

Sunset sighs. ”Do you really want to know?” You cross your arms and nod.

”Sunset, are you sure you want to tell this guy what’s been going on with Fluttershy?” Rainbow interrupts.

”He has a right to know. We can’t keep it a secret forever.” Applejack speaks up.

“Know what?” You ask.

”Okay. Anon, just focus. If you want answers, I’m afraid that you’ll have to go for the source.”

“Meaning…?” Sunset grabs out her phone and types away. “What are you doing? This isn’t the time to check up on your MyStable.”

When she finishes up, she puts her phone away in the sleeve of her jacket and glares at you. Your phone goes off in your pocket. ”You might want to get that.” Sunset points out. You get it out and read the message. It’s some kind of address.

“Do you want to tell me what this is?”

”Just go there, knock on the door and say that you’re a friend.” She advises.

“Anything else?”

She shakes her head. ”You will get what’s going on by the time you get there. We need to be somewhere, there’s a sale on all designer bags across the mall.” All of you exchange goodbyes and go your separate ways.

You knock on the wooden door that leads to a plain house in an average neighborhood. Nothing seems to be out of the ordinary here. The door unlocks and opens up to show a woman in her late thirties. She is wearing a simple white shirt with a skirt that goes down to her knees. ”Can I help you?”

“Yes, I’m here for a friend.”

”One moment.” When she closes the door, you can hear muffled yelling from inside the house. The door creeks open to a few inches. You see a small blue shine from inside with a pink strand covering it. ”H-hello?” A voice that you haven’t heard in so long, but know that low tone anywhere else.

“Fluttershy?”

”Um, yes? What do you want?”

“I came over to ask something.”

”I’m fine, can I go now?” She sounds impatient.

“Not yet, your friends told me that I can get the answers from you.”

She sighs in disappointment. ”They said that?”

“Yeah, I just want to know what’s going on.”

”You wouldn’t understand.”

“Just try.” You plead.

”But, it’s something that you will never know, and when I tell you, you’ll just spread it around school.”

“I won’t, I promise to keep it between me and the girls.”

She promptly looks down, then back up to you. ”Okay.” She moves away and opens the door. ”Come in and leave your shoes outside, please?” You cooperate by leaving them to the side and walk into her living room. It's nothing special, two couches, television, a tacky painting on the wall. When the door closes, you turn around to see her in a thick tan sweater that goes down to her hips. ”Anon, what this is it just something I can’t control.”

“What do you mean? These sweaters and ditching school doesn’t seem healthy.”

”You have to know that, I can’t go outside. I just can’t.” She crosses her arms and looks away.

“Why not?”

”People will think I’m a freak. I just cannot have that going around.”

“They won’t. Whatever you did, I’m sure people will understand.”

"It’s not what I did, it’s just why was it me that got it!” She cries out.

“Okay, what is it that you have?” Fluttershy appears to be frightened to tell you anything. “Listen, you’re just overreacting. Surely it’s not as bad as you think it is.”

She looks like she is about to crack, but she looks away and grabs her sweater to reveal her knockers suspended by a small shirt and curvy hips that are struggling to stay in their shorts. ”Is it!?” You just stand there and wonder how that stayed hidden from a simple sweater. ”I knew this was a mistake!” She cries into her hands.

“N-no! It’s not.”

”Then how come you just gawked at me!?”

“I didn’t know, alright?”

”That’s what most of the guys are right now. No one but my friends knew about what I am. If I go outside, I will have to reveal all of this.”

“A shirt and shorts should cover it up.”

”Girls clothes are not like anything you guys wear!” She shouts.

”Fluttershy, is everything okay?” Her mom's voice is calling from the kitchen.

”I’m fine, just upset.” Fluttershy responds at a normal tone.

“Flutters, nothing would change.”

”Yes it will. People will… stare at me.”

You realize she is not the type of person who appreciates to be noticed. “So what, they just look at you. It’s not like they are holding a gun at you.”

”Now that’s what I think that they’ll do to me!” She panics.

You think twice about what you are about to say next. “You’re bound to leave this place. You can’t just stay indoors for the rest of your life.”

”I could and I may as well do that.”

“Okay, but what about your friends?” You try to pick out bits of her life that are crucial on going out of this house.

”They can visit me every so often.”

“What about school? You still have another year.”ou try to pick out bits of her life that

”I can take online classes at home.”

Shit, this last one should break her. “What about the pets at the animal shelter, who will take care of them?”

”Uh, I have volunteers.”

“When was the last time anyone took a flyer?”

”A few people did back in spring.” She tries to justify her excuse.

“And how many of them ended up in the trash?”

Her eyes swiftly move around. ”I… it… maybe they already knew where it is?”

“Face it, Flutters. Without you, those animals may as well end up in the streets, or worse, the pound.”

She brings her foot up to stomp it down. When you sense some of the shockwave, you watch her knockers shake around. ”Fine! You win.” She walks past you to plop on the couch. ”I’ll try to go outside tomorrow.”

“Why not today? It’s not that hot, and there is a breeze coming in.”

”I’d rather not. It’s just too soon for that.”

“When was the last time you fed the animals?”

She shows her frustration when getting up and grunts. ”If only my parents would allow me to bring them here….”