• Published 29th Jul 2015
  • 16,087 Views, 2,846 Comments

Her Knight in Faded Armor - Doccular42



Princess Luna still feels alone, nineteen years after her return to Equestria. When she finds a friend in an online game, everything seems better. But not all is well in Equestria, and a sinister plot threatens everything that Luna holds dear...

  • ...
66
 2,846
 16,087

PreviousChapters Next
Heroism, Confessions, and Discoveries

Celestia looked out the window of her private dining room, narrowing her eyes to slits. Outside, ponies bustled around in the moonlight. The Royal Guard surrounded the castle, a Wonderbolt patrol flew overhead, and the Night Guard scoured the grounds for any surviving windigos. The griffons had been recruited to assist with the security at the behest of General Chaput.

Six ponies and two griffons sat at the low table. Chaput’s wing had been bandaged, and the general appeared to have mostly recovered from his ordeal. He sat next to Captain Ivanov, whose uniform was in tatters. He sniffed loudly as he wiped some of the dirt that still remained on his face away with a napkin.

Captain Flair and Agent Breeze sat across from the griffons. They had changed into clean clothes. Breeze wore a suit with a simple tie. Her side was bandaged and she sat uncomfortably. Flair wore the gold and white uniform of the Royal Guard. Beside them were Knight-Captain Dovetail and General Shadow Streak. The commanders of the two branches of Equestria’s guard quietly shared notes with each other. Dovetail pointed at something on a map, and Streak nodded.

At the far end of the room were the last two ponies. Luna and Prime Minister Apollo spoke to each other in low voices. Luna’s mane was disheveled, and Apollo’s suit was torn in multiple places. Neither had taken the time to change as the other ponies had, focusing instead on evacuating the civilians from the castle.

Celestia turned to look at the group. “I believe that we are only waiting for Twilight and Cadence, are we not?”

“Princess Twilight is currently with the Night Guard scouring the labyrinth for any survivors,” General Streak said. “She said that she would most likely not be able to make this meeting.”

“And Princess Cadence is with her husband. He was poisoned during the fighting and is currently recovering.” Dovetail nodded. “The prognosis is good, but there is still a chance that he has another reaction.”

“Very well,” Celestia replied. “We’ll fill them in as soon as they can return to us.” The princess walked over to the rest of the group. “Now, the first order of business… how did we allow this to happen?”

Dovetail growled. “That’s what I’d like to know. We scanned the castle multiple times as we prepared for the event. Our soldiers were everywhere. All entrances have been monitored. It shouldn’t have been possible for them to get inside, especially in those numbers.”

“We’ve collected the spears from the fallen enemies. They didn’t dematerialize like the windigos did, so we’ve used them to get an accurate number of how many we killed,” General Streak remarked. “Thus far, we’ve collected over a thousand weapons.”

“A thousand?” Captain Flair asked incredulously. “That… that’s ridiculous!”

“The numbers don’t lie,” Streak replied. “We’re still collecting more. I anticipate that the number will continue to climb for the next several days. It’s possible that they attacked with more than double that number.”

“Well, I for one find the timing of their assault to be quite intriguing,” Chaput added. “An attack on your government and intelligence agency as well as the head of the griffon diplomatic party… something obviously doesn’t like what we are discussing here.”

“Hmm…” Celestia muttered. “Very well. Let us take this one step at a time. Our number one priority is to ensure that our citizens are safe. Does anypony, or anygriff, have any ideas about how they managed to break our security?”

Nopony spoke, and the griffons remained silent. Captain Flair hesitantly leaned forward a moment later. “Princess, I have an idea. Well, it’s not so much of an idea as it is a source of ideas...”

The princess nodded. “Excellent. What is it, Captain?”

“Just before the attack, we had brought an asset into Section Eleven to assist us with situation in the city. As it turns out, he is actually a historian who specializes in early Equestria, and he seemed to know a good bit about the windigos. I thought that he might have some useful input that might help us find out what happened,” Flair replied. “I had some of Sec Eleven’s analysts escort him up here earlier. He should be waiting outside if you’d like to bring him in.”

Celestia smiled. “Well thought, Captain. Please, have him brought inside.”

“Yes, Highness.” With that, Flair trotted over to the door and peeked outside. She said something to the stationed guard and then turned around. An earth pony stallion followed her back inside.

The new pony glanced around at the uniformed soldiers and griffons and visibly gulped. His mane appeared to have been very quickly brushed, but chunks of debris still stuck out of a few parts of it. Dirt smeared his coat and his gait was slightly uneven, as if he were sore.

Flair nodded at him. “Princess, this is Button Mash. Director Blueblood’s last action before his incapacitation was to appoint him as an expert asset to Sec Eleven. We’ve honored his wishes, especially given Mr. Mash’s heroism during the attack on the castle.”

“I don’t know about the expert or heroism parts…” Mash muttered.

“Don’t sell yourself short, kid,” Flair said. “Mash saved Agent Breeze at least twice, and his actions kept the director alive until Princess Twilight and Princess Luna could get back to finish the fight.”

Luna shifted across the table, a small frown on her face. Celestia resisted the urge to raise an eyebrow as her sister uncomfortably glanced away from the stallion.

“I, uh… yeah,” Mash said nervously. “Th-the captain said that you wanted me to brief you all on the windigos?”

“Yes, please,” Celestia said softly. “And do not be afraid, little one. You saved my subjects, and we are eternally grateful.”

Button flushed and gave a small bow. “Thank you, Princess.” He cleared his throat. “Okay, windigos. According to our texts, windigos have been around for as long as ponies have been in Equestria. We have reports of ‘enormous ghostly ponies’ bringing hostility and famine to pony villages that date back to our most ancient writings. Most of us know of windigos due to their role in the Founding, and that’s where most of our description comes from.”

Chaput inhaled sharply, but Celestia ignored him, her focus directed at Mash instead.

“Descriptions of them include references to their size, color, and the fact that they feed on negative emotions. However, no reports ever mention that windigos physically attack anypony. Ever.” Mash narrowed his eyes. “Physically, these creatures match the descriptions of what windigos should be. But when we consider the change in their method of attack, from environmental control and emotional manipulation to physical assault... ”

Celestia nodded. “So, is it possible that these are not actually windigos, but something else?”

“Princess, these can’t be windigos, at least, not the same kind as from the history books.” Mash inhaled deeply. “It’s just impossible. They don’t match up. If they are windigos, they’re some offshoot and not the same as we’ve fought before. When you match the differences between the two types of windigos up with the fact that we haven’t even seen any of them since before the Age of Discord… I find it to be extremely likely that these are something different.”

“Great,” Flair muttered. “Now we’ve gone from the monster we know to the monster we don’t.”

“But we do know them,” Chaput countered. “They’re able to use shadow based magic to disguise themselves, disappear, fly through the air, and alter the emotions of their enemies. They use spears, so they aren’t technologically advanced, but they also use poisons that are lethal to ponies, so they aren’t stupid.”

“Plus, we know what type of poison it is,” Breeze added. “It’s Zebran.”

“The same type those terrorists used several months ago?” Dovetail asked sharply.

Flair nodded. “Yeah. The only reason we were able to save as many as we did was because we still had those poison kits on hoof.”

“That’s quite fortunate,” Chaput muttered. “Or is it? Was it an oversight by our enemies? Or could it have been intentional?”

Prime Minister Apollo cleared his throat. “Am I the only one who finds it odd that the last two major attacks on Equestria have featured the exact same type of poison?”

“No, you aren’t,” General Streak replied. “There’s a connection of some kind here.”

Celestia hummed quietly to herself. “This is all quite enlightening. Mr. Mash, do you have any idea how they managed to infiltrate the castle undetected?”

“Well,” he began, “if I had to guess, I’d say that they were already here, waiting.”

“What?” Chaput asked. “Why do you think that?”

“Everything that passes through the entrances gets scanned, right? That’s what the security I saw outside was doing,” Mash replied. “But that’s not always present, is it? It’s just for tonight. Windigos are stealthy and have powerful magic, and these variants seem to share that. But to beat a highly directed detection spell? I doubt they’d get past it.”

“And so, they get inside before we put up the detectors and then all they have to do is beat a detection spell from a single unicorn on random patrols through the castle instead of a specialized checkpoint,” Dovetail finished for him.

Mash nodded. “Exactly.”

“But why did they wait for this time to attack then?” Chaput asked. “If they intentionally got in before the security was in place, then they must have known how alert that we would all be during the gala. It would have been far more effective to attack in the dead of night, killing their targets and escaping before we could even respond. Especially considering their numbers!”

“Unless they didn’t actually want to kill everypony that they attacked,” Luna said quietly. All eyes turned to her. “Think about it. What do they gain attacking now instead of earlier? Nothing, if their intention is to kill. But what if they are after something more insidious?”

“Yes…” Dovetail muttered. “But what could it be?”

“Well, maybe—”

General Streak’s words were cut off as a frantic knock came from the door. Celestia’s ears perked up. “Who is it?”

The door cracked open, and a Royal Guard poked his head inside. “Princess! I have an urgent message from the griffon ambassador!” He held up a piece of paper.

“Bring it here,” Celestia replied.

The guard trotted inside, hoofed the paper to the princess, and bowed before leaving once more.

Celestia scanned the words and raised an eyebrow. “Well. This puts an interesting perspective on things.” She levitated the paper over to Chaput. “What are your thoughts, General?”

The griffon quickly read over the page and snarled. “That bastard…”

“What is it?” Apollo asked.

“Apparently, Father Dmitri himself has heard of this evening’s events and is planning to come to oversee the investigation of the assassination attempt on his general himself,” Celestia said calmly.

“Lies. I now know why the windigos attacked tonight.” General Chaput passed the paper down the table and clenched his beak shut. “This is a set up. Dmitri must have sent the windigos.”

“What?” Streak scoffed. “Why would he do that?”

“Create a nearly catastrophic circumstance between his envoy and his largest rival nation and then swoop in and play the hero,” Chaput said, his voice clipped. “I can guarantee that he’ll try to put the blame for all of this on me somehow. I’m sure of it.”

Apollo shook his head. “That’s a bit of a stretch, isn’t it?”

“It makes sense…” Celestia muttered, her mind racing with thoughts. “Webs within webs…”

“How does Dmitri profit from this though?” Apollo asked again. “Does he want to start a war?”

“No, he wants peace with Equestria so that he can invade other nations unhindered. However, he wants Equestria on its guard so that you cannot assist his other targets without weakening yourselves.” Chaput shook his head in disgust. “If he blames this attack on me, he can come in, find the culprit, and sign a peace treaty. But Equestria would remember the attack and be on guard against more betrayal.”

“But if he has command of all these windigos, why not just attack?” Streak questioned.

“Your Princess Twilight can kill all of them with a single spell. Would a direct attack really have worked with these windigos composing the entirety of the assault team?” Ivanov said. “I don’t think so.”

“But—”

“Excuse me,” Celestia interrupted. “This discussion is very profitable, but I must mention to everypony that we are all going to be needed elsewhere very soon. There is much to do, so could we table the discussion of possible motives for now and focus on the concrete?” Her companions nodded, and Celestia smiled. “Very good. I think that we would be best served by addressing the issue of prevention. We have no way of knowing if these were all of the windigos. There could be more. Are there any suggestions for security measures that we could take?”

“Increase the guard presence,” Dovetail immediately replied. “More patrols, day and night. The Night Guard can take the evening shifts, and my ponies can take over in the morning.”

General Streak nodded. “And castle, and possibly city, wide detection spells every hour. We know that Princess Luna’s spell was able to detect them, and my unicorns have had great success replicating the effect by using the same spell.”

“We need to investigate the source of the windigos,” Ivanov added. “I say ‘we’ because we have no way of knowing if the attack was aimed at Equestria, Griffonia, or both.”

“I think that we can confidently say that Equestria was the main target,” Streak growled. “They went for our highest ranked officials.”


Chaput cleared his throat. “May I remind you that their attack against me was almost successful and the only reason that I am still among the living is due to the princess’ direct intervention. If I hadn’t happened to be with her just as the attack occurred…”

“But—” Streak began.

“General,” Celestia interrupted. “Regardless of the intended target, the fact remains that both sides were attacked, and the source could be anywhere, anypony, or anygriff. I think an investigation is an excellent suggestion.”

“I agree,” Chaput said. “Captain Ivanov has experience with countering criminal behavior. I’m sure that he can lead the investigation on our end.”

“Excellent.” Celestia smiled. “Now, we’ll have to get the Guard to start an investigation here in the castle.”

“Umm, Princess?” Flair asked quietly. “If you don’t mind, I think that Section Eleven might be better equipped to deal with this issue. Also, my ponies are angry about what happened to the director. I’d like to give them a shot at the bastards, if you’ll pardon my language.”

Princess Celestia considered the captain’s words for a moment before nodding. “Very well. Who will lead the investigation?”

“Well…” Flair glanced over at Agent Breeze, who had been sitting quietly, listening to the conversation.

The other mare’s ears perked up, and her eyes went wide. “Wait, me?” Breeze asked.

“Breeze has a history with the EBI. She’s an experienced agent with Sec Eleven, and I know that I can trust her completely.” Captain Flair met Celestia’s eyes. “If anypony can get to the bottom of this, it’s her.”

The princess smiled. “Perfect. Agent, I will get you all of the resources and support that you need. Perhaps you and your team can work with Captain Ivanov to solve this issue?”


“I... I suppose that I can do th-that,” Agent Breeze stammered. She glanced at the griffon and gave a shy smile.

The captain gave a slight bow and a smile of his own. “This is acceptable, Princess.”

“Very good. We will increase our security presence in the city and institute hourly detection spells,” Celestia said as she rose up from her seat at the table. “Do we have any other concerns?”

“No, Highness,” Dovetail replied.

Streak shook his head. “I have no more at the moment, Princess.”

General Chaput cleared his throat. “Princess, if I may?”

“Yes, General?” she asked.

“If this attack was aimed at least partially at myself and my griffons, I do not know if we would be the safest on our ship. If it is at all possible, could you possibly arrange for quarters for myself and my high ranking officers here at the castle?” Chaput sighed. “I hate to impose, but my security cannot be as tight as yours, just because of the difference in griff— excuse me, ponypower, and the fact that you can cast detection spells.”

“I don’t think that’s too unreasonable,” Apollo said. “After all, our original plan was for the envoys to stay at the castle anyways. The guest chambers are empty, are they not?”

“I…” Celestia glanced back at General Chaput, and she saw the griffon barely smile at her. “I suppose that this would be possible,” she said slowly. “However, there would be restrictions.”

“Of course,” Chaput replied, his smile turning into an enormous grin. “I’d expect nothing else, and I intend to follow your specifications to the letter.” He, too, rose off his chair. “Perhaps we could discuss them?”

“Yes,” the princess said. “Thank you all for your help tonight. We’ll meet again tomorrow morning to address anything that turns up in the night.”

“Very well,” Knight-Captain Dovetail replied stiffly. “I’ll have to check on the progress of the guard.”

“As will I,” General Streak said. He nodded to the ponies around the table. “Princesses. General. Captains.”

“Agent Breeze, would you be able to speak with me?” Ivanov asked as the ponies slowly made their way to the door. “I would like to talk about our investigation.”

“Oh, yes. That sounds like a good idea,” Breeze said. She trotted over to the tall griffon, her short purple mane flapping against the side of her neck as she did.

Captain Flair nodded to Mash. “C’mon, Mash. I’ll take you to the restroom so that you can get cleaned up a bit more. You’ve got stuff in your mane.” She pointed him to the door and they both headed that way.

Luna stood up abruptly and walked toward the door as well. She slipped out before anypony else, and Celestia allowed herself a small smile.

After everypony and Captain Ivanov had left, she turned to Chaput, who stood by the window smiling.

“Well, that was interesting.”

~~~

Luna rushed down the hallway outside the dining room. She trotted past several guards who saluted her and a few maids who dodged out of her way. She rounded a corner and glanced in both directions down the corridor. The princess swiftly opened a door to a side room. As she walked inside, she noticed that it was one of the castle’s supply closets. Nodding to herself, she summoned a small ball of light in the air above her.

Luna trotted forward and moved behind a rack of cleaning supplies. She had a decent view of the door and noted that it was still closed. Quickly, Luna closed her eyes and called her magic out to surround herself. She concentrated on her mental image, and her appearance slowly shifted. Her mane became shorter, her coat changed color, and she shrunk down. When she opened her eyes back up, she struggled out of her princess regalia and tossed them into a corner. Luna reached into her saddlebag to pull out her glasses, and—

“Oh, no…” she muttered. She pulled the eyeglasses out, but she still had her contacts on. Luna swore to herself as she took the contacts out with her magic and set them inside her saddlebag. Squinting as she put her glasses on, Luna levitated her saddlebag off of her back and on top of her regalia. After, she grabbed a few mops that were hanging from the wall and covered her belongings using the tools.

Luna sighed and took a deep breath, composing herself. A moment later, she carefully walked past the racks and peeked out of the door. Seeing that nopony was out in the hallway, she strode into the corridor and made her way toward the nearest bathroom. The soldiers that she’d passed earlier barely gave her a second glance, and she quickly approached her destinatio—

“Starry!”

Luna’s heart leapt up to her throat as she heard her name. She turned around quickly to see Button running toward her, a massive grin on his face. “Button!” she cried as she ran toward him as well.

The stallion caught her in an enormous hug and laughed as he held her. Luna pressed her face against his side, her cheek rubbing against his slightly damp mane.

“Oh, Luna, I thought something might have happened to you in the fight!”

The princess tensed up at the mention of her real name, and she pulled away abruptly. “Did… d-did you just…”

“I mean, I made it through because the princesses came down and saved us, but I thought that something might have happened, and I was worried that might have lost you, and…” Button inhaled deeply. “Okay. I’m rambling. I was just worried, Starry.”

Luna relaxed and smiled slightly. “I’m here, Button. And so are you.” She sniffed as she looked at him. His face was split into a wide grin, and his sides heaved as he inhaled deeply. His eyes met hers, and she felt her face flush as he smiled at her.

“Yeah. We’re both here, aren’t we?”

She continued to smile as his eyes twinkled. He took a small step forward, and her breath hitched.

Button drew closer to her, and he lowered his voice. “Starry, I was thinking…”

“Yes?” she asked.

“I… I almost died tonight, and I was thinking about… about what I would regret.” He took a deep breath and another step.

The princess gave a very small nod.

“We were pinned down, and I thought I wasn’t going to make it, and all I could think of…” he said quietly. “Starry, all I could think of was you.”

“I…” Luna started to reply, but cut herself off.

“And then the princesses came and saved me, and I knew…”

Luna snapped back to herself abruptly. It was as if a weight had fallen in her stomach as Button mentioned the princesses. She could see the honesty in his eyes, hear the conviction in his voice, feel the truth of his words… and it burned her. Her breath caught once more, but for a very different reason this time. The smiling stallion before her stood there, opening his heart out to her…

And she was a liar.

“...I knew what I wanted.” Button stopped, centimeters away from her face. “Starry, I—”

“Button…” she interrupted. “I…”

Button’s head moved back as she startled him. His smile vanished, and he took a step back. “Oh. I’m sorry.”

“No, Button, it’s not you…” She sniffed. “It’s… it’s just me.”

He laughed bitterly. “Yeah. I’ve heard that before.”

“No!” she exclaimed. “It’s not that! I didn’t mean it… forget I said that! I just—”

“Hey. I understand.” Button smiled. “You’re an amazing mare. I’m sorry if I made you uncomfortable.” He backed up further. “I think… I think I’ll just go…”

Luna gasped. “Button! Wait!”

The stallion stopped. “Yeah?”

“I… I…” her eyes dropped to the floor. “I have to tell you something. It’s really important, before we say anything else. I don’t want you to go.” She looked up, and a single tear pulled at the corner of her eye. “Please.”

His face softened, and he stopped walking away. “Okay, what is it?”

“I’m—” Her voice cracked as she tried to force out the words. “I’m—”

Button stood patiently, waiting for her reply. He gave a small smile. “I’m not really your type, am I?”

Luna’s head jerked up. “Wait, what?”

“I’m not blind. Well, not totally. I’m guessing you’re… I think that…” Button hummed to himself. “You don’t like stallions, do you?”

Luna facehoofed. “Stars, Button. You’re an idiot.”

He blinked twice. “Wait, you’re not a—”

“Do you honestly think that I’d put up with you for this long if I didn’t like you at least a little bit?” Luna asked.

“Umm…”

“Yes. I like stallions. I actually like one in particular. But what I’m trying to say is something else.” She shook her head and took a deep breath. “I…”

Button just stood there, looking at her. Her vision clouded, and it felt like the hallway was closing in around her. It seemed like bats were flapping in her stomach, and she could hardly breathe. “Yes?” he asked in what was almost a whisper.

“I…” she stammered once more. “I can’t do this!” she cried out as she turned away and trotted down the hallway.

“Starry!” Button called out, but Luna ignored him. Tears ran down her face freely as she tried to force herself to breathe. She finally made it down the hallway and took a sharp turn before leaning up against a wall, pressing her hooves to her face, and weeping.

“Stars… what do I do?”

~~~

Button started to go after Starry as she ran away, but as she turned the corner, he felt the sudden weight of defeat.

“Shit…” he muttered to himself. “Stupid, stupid, stupid Button. You always do it.” He grunted and stamped his front hoof into the ground. “And you made her cry. Great job, sport.”

He sniffed loudly as he held back his tears. “Luna dammit!” He leaned up against the wall and slowly slid to the ground. “You talked to her for years and you can’t even pull this off. Hopeless.” Slamming his front hoof into his side, he bit back a grunt of pain. “You don’t even deserve her, do you?”

The stallion just sat there for a few minutes, his head held by one hoof, and his other banging against the wall, the floor, or himself. He gritted his teeth, stopping himself from crying. “I can’t do this…” he whispered.

Slowly, Button stood to his hooves. He ran one hoof through his mane and turned back down the hallway. Starry was nowhere in sight, so he sighed and walked back the other way, toward the bathroom. Numbly walking past the guards, he opened the door and strode over to the sink. He slapped the wall, turning on the light before he activated the faucet. The cold water flowed into the beautiful porcelain sink, but Button didn’t care about the extravagance around him.

He splashed the water onto his face and gasped as the icy liquid ran down his sides and puddled onto the floor. Immediately, Button threw more onto himself. Again and again, he covered himself in water until he couldn’t even feel the temperature anymore. His face was as numb as his heart, and he could finally look at himself.

The face of an exhausted and beaten stallion stared back at him. He’d washed some of the dust and debris out of his mane, but he’d missed some. His eyes had deep bags under them, his mouth was tightened into a pained grimace, and he could barely tell that he was even awake.

“Oh, Starry…” He hung his head down, and his tears joined the water as it fell off his face. Button grunted and slammed his hoof down again. The sink and the wall rattled, and Button did it again.

Why did you let her get away?” he hissed. “You dumb bastard.” He looked up and glared at himself. “What the tartarus is wrong with you? Do you love her or not?”

He shook as he gripped the sink tightly. “Buck yeah, I do.” He growled and jumped back from the vanity. He stomped toward a stall and his breath heaved. “Then why the buck are you letting her get away?”

Button stomped and gritted his teeth. “I don’t want to! And if I don’t want to, why am I not…” He turned to face the doorway and looked out into the hallway.

His eyes narrowed, and he closed his mouth. Breathe in. Breathe out. Breathe in. “I’m not letting her get away.”

He ran out into the hallway and headed down the corridor. Racing past where the two of them had talked, he rounded the corner to see—

Another empty hallway. Button groaned and kept going.

He turned corner after corner, but there was no sign of Starry. Button ran past the guards and servants, past open doors and closed ones, searching for that beautiful mare who had been haunting his dreams since he’d arrived in Canterlot. He could picture her smile…

The same smile he’d seen on Princess Luna…

Hear her laugh…

Which sounded so much like the Princess…

And smell the scent of her perfume…

...the same perfume that he’d smelled on Princess Luna.

Button gasped and slowed to a halt. “What…” His mind reeled, and—

There! He saw her gorgeous mane flow past as she slipped inside of a door. He heard a small sob as it closed shut.

“I…” Button stammered. He quickly trotted over to the door. He heard something being moved inside and a quiet curse. The stallion cracked the door open to see—

Starry stood behind a rack of cleaning supplies. Her glasses sat on the rack, and he could see her shake as she sobbed. Button watched, transfixed, as she turned away from the door. He was about to say something, but what happened next stole the words from his mouth.

She changed. Starry’s coat warped as magic ran over her. Her mane stretched out and changed colors as it took on an ethereal appearance. She grew taller, and she kept crying while a horn grew outward from her head. At last, Starry… no… Luna stood up and fumbled for something beneath a few mops on the floor.

Button gasped and backed away. He clicked the door shut as slowly as possible as his hooves shook and his head spun. He replayed the scene over and over in his mind. He couldn’t understand. How… what… Starry… Finally, he understood. It all made sense as he reached the only conclusion possible.

“Oh, sweet Celestia. She’s a changeling.”

Author's Note:

Song for the chapter is Chandelier by Sia. Thanks to my editors and live readers!

PreviousChapters Next