• Published 18th Jul 2015
  • 853 Views, 16 Comments

The Dream Wars - Revan



After the Tantabus incident, Luna starts a nightly capture-the-flag event to get everyponies' dream skills in shape.

  • ...
3
 16
 853

Night 3: Twilight's Castle

Author's Note:

I know that the chapter's a bit short, but there's a reason in the story itself that makes it so.

Enjoy! :pinkiehappy:

It had been some time since the last dream game of Capture the Flag. After the Nightmare's attack upon Luna in the Dreamscape, the contests had been temporarily suspended, as the Princesses attempted to figure out how and why the Nightmare had wrested partial control of the Dreamscape away from Luna.

But now, finally, the games were beginning again. In celebration of the occasion, the location in the dreamscape was Twilight's Castle, and the game was preceded by a huge party.

Of course, Pinkie Pie had decorated the entire place - and the dreamscape enabled her boundless imagination to take physical shape. The party had been amazing, and everyone had had a great time.

Now, however, it was time. Luna looked upon the crowd of equines, and couldn't help but smile at their eagerness.

"Let the third dream game of Capture the Flag BEGIN!!!"

Instantly, the red flag vanished, and the ponies scattered, each one eager to get to the flag first.

Luna looked upon the now-empty hall, and sighed in contentment. She sat down, waiting for the flag to be found.


The portal flared, and a orange and red unicorn mare stumbled through, rapidly followed by five other, rather familiar, mares.

"Where are we?" a yellow pegasus with a pink mane asked plaintively.

"And what in tarnation are we?" an orange earth pony wearing a brown cowgirl hat added.

The orange and red unicorn looked around and shook her head violently. "We've wandered into Equestria!!"

"What if our counterparts find us here?" a white unicorn with a purple mane queried.

"That could cause significant repercussions. We need to leave NOW!!" the orange unicorn replied.

"Eh, I think that meeting our counterparts could be cool", a rainbow-maned cyan pegasus stated. "I'd get to see if she was just as awesome as me!"

The orange mare, whose flank bore an image of a orange-and-red sun, shook her head in emphatic denial. "No. We must go. NOW!!!"

The portal flared once more, and the mares disappeared as quickly as they arrived.

No one noticed that the pink earth pony, who had been strangely silent during the whole incident, had grabbed a piece of red fabric before departing.


The next morning

Luna awoke, the sunrise shining full upon her face. She groaned slightly before getting out of bed, shielding her eyes with an outstretched wing.

She walked to the balcony and looked out over the city of Canterlot. She smiled as the ponies below awoke and began to go about their daily business.

But in her heart she was slightly uneasy, for the flag had mysteriously vanished without a trace from the dreamscape.

There had been epic conflicts to be sure, but no one had found the flag by night's end.

It's not a big deal. I'll simply create a new flag for the next competition. She frowned slightly as she mentally added, But I would like to know where it went...


Meanwhile, in the Equestria Girls universe, a certain pink-haired teenage girl skipped into the dining room, spreading a red tablecloth over the table.

A few minutes later, another girl, this one with gray hair, walked into the room. She looked at the brand-new tablecloth, and spoke to the pink-haired girl, who was in the midst of making a bowl of cereal, topped off with whipped cream.

"Nice tablecloth."

The pink-haired girl looked up and smiled widely. "Thanks! I found it lying around, and as no one was using it, I decided to put it to good use."

The gray-haired girl wondered about the tablecloth's precise origin, before dismissing it as simply being one of the small mysteries that her younger sister seemed to generate wherever she went.