• Published 18th Jul 2015
  • 1,468 Views, 39 Comments

What Defines A Soul? - The Joeker



I've asked this question before, but what makes a man a man? or a human a human? I've been looking for the answer for a while now, maybe I've found the answer and it's in front of me... I hope to find out, have you ever wondered what defines a soul?

  • ...
18
 39
 1,468

Obedience is the mother of success and the bride of safety.

As Bright Spot was curled up in the chamber where Gilded molested her she wondered where they took Frank...

The bedroom?

No, Gilded wasn't into that, no matter how twisted his mind was, he wouldn't do that.

At least she hoped not... maybe he took him to talk? trying to persuade him to be his 'pet' probably...

Unless...

Oh no...

She got up shakily and began to limp out of the chamber.

She saw Gilded dining at his table, eating.

She approached him and he glanced at her.

"Back so soon?" he asked.

"Wh- Where is Frank?" she asked him.

"In the conversion chamber... oh, that reminds me, I must go see to him." said Gilded and wiped his mouth and got up, Bright Spot followed him into... oh no, she was right!

He went outside the conversion chamber, that combined with sleep deprivation, and in his case... torture... was why the maids had a dead look in their eyes, why they followed his orders without question.

Suddenly the door opened and she heard an excited laugh from Gilded.

"He's ready!" he exclaimed.

Suddenly the door to the chamber opened and out walked Frank... with the same dead look in his eyes that the maids had!

"No! no no no no!" exclaimed Bright Spot and ran up to him and he ignored her as she shook him with her hooves.

"Are you loyal? will you obey?" asked Gilded as he readied his electric spell just in case.

Suddenly Frank bowed.

"Yes, master." he said in a monotone voice, he had lost all emotion in his voice and face apart from anger...

"Just call me 'sir' none of that Ponywan stuff." he said, quoting the very famous sci-fi play.

"Of course sir." he said, still bowed.

"No need to bow pet, keep it for the Princesses, just hang your head, when in public I expect you to do that all the time." said Gilded.

"Yes sir." said Frank.

"I will need proof... now as a test of your loyalty, I order you to kill Bright Spot." said Gilded, suddenly Frank turned to her, cracked his knuckles and approached her with the only emotion in his eyes being murder.

"N-no, Frank please..." she said, but it was no use, he wasn't Frank Jaeger anymore, he was a shell, a husk of his former self, she cowered before him and knew she was powerless to stop any attack.

He was about to wrap his hands around her neck before:

"Stop." came from Gilded who had a pleased smile on his face.

He suddenly just dropped his hands to his side and he turned to Gilded and nodded.

"Good boy." smiled Gilded.

"Thank you sir." he said.

Bright Spot breathed a sigh of relief and stood up to her full height.

"Now, do you need a turn in the chamber?" asked Gilded to Bright Spot.

She shook her head.

"No, sir." she said, her voice quivering.

"Good, to your duties." he said and she complied, she was too worried about Frank's mental health than her own right now, no doubt what Gilded did would leave a scar, but in the short term she had to help Frank, if not for him, for herself, he was dangerous in Gilded's grasp, as she experienced first-hoof.

"Now then pet, the Gala is in a few days, we can't have you walking around like that in front of the Princesses." said Gilded.

"What would you have me wear sir?" he asked.

"I already have your measurement due to the rack." said Gilded, he saw Frank's eyes flash their old aquamarine blue for a second and decided not to mention the torture, or anything before he was conditioned.

"I need to go out and get some suits made, I have a picture of those cloth things on your legs and hooves and will get some of them." said Gilded.

"Of course, sir." said Frank.

"You are in charge whilst I'm gone." he said.

"Yes sir, how would you have me run the house?" he asked.

"Harshly, no room for mistakes." said Gilded.

"Punishments?" asked Jager.

"The Alicorn O' Nine Tails." said Gilded and handed him the instrument as he walked out.





The conditioned maids cocked their heads at him as their master walked out and he surveyed the room, looking at them.

"Back to work mares!" he yelled and they complied, Bright Spot whimpered as he struck the surface near her face as a warning to them all.

"I'm sorry Frank... so sorry..." she cried, thinking it was her fault he gave up and turned. "If the Princesses knew about this..." she whispered to herself... who was she kidding? she couldn't leave the house or be shocked, and she doubted she could get away from Frank.

It was hopeless, both for her and Frank.

Suddenly the whip cracked next to her.

"Did I hear talking?" he asked, with murder in his words.

"N-no." she said.

"No... what?" he asked and brought the whip to bear.

"No sir?" she asked more than said and he brought it by his side again.

"Good mare, now back to work." he said.

"Yes sir." she said quickly and began her washing up duties.

A little bit later Gilded came back in to find his house spotless, with the maids still working even when there was nothing to work on.

"Excellent my pet! you have done well!" said Gilded.

"Thank you sir." he said.

"Go and try these suits on for the Gala." said Gilded and Frank nodded, taking the clothes upstairs with him.

A while later he came back down with a suit on.

"I like this one sir." said Frank.

"As do I, good choice pet, now change back and get the maids to fold them with the other suits." said Gilded and Frank nodded and some maids went up with him, she wondered if he would do to them what Gilded did to her... no, he wasn't that kind of pony... at least she hoped...

He came down with no indication anything happened, thank Celestia!

"Now then pet, the Gala is tomorrow, and since it has been a few years..." he said.

"I thought it was a few months..." said Frank.

"No, I found you frozen in an incubation tank, or the opposite because of the cold, I Discord's last minions just have gotten their hand on you but dumped you straight away, their victims are usually more... mutilated." he said.

"How long ago was that sir?" asked Frank.

"A... few thousand years you have been in a coma, so you remember anything?" asked Gilded carefully and got the shock spell.

"Only a little." he said, he remembered there were two ponies... and one struck him as.... he couldn't even remember the emotion, but it was strong...

What Gilded didn't notice was a corner of both his eyes turned aquamarine again...

Author's Note:

Here you go! I'm off for the summer! our boss needs time with his kids so he has given us summer off as well, by that we mean we work at home for 1 hour a day, plus me and Marl are going on holiday to Devon in 2 weeks! yay! we should have plenty of time to write and relax.

Can't wait homie!

Me neither Marl.

Anyway, here is the next chapter! what will happen to Frank? what does the fraction of blue mean? find out tomorrow!