• Published 18th Jul 2015
  • 1,467 Views, 39 Comments

What Defines A Soul? - The Joeker



I've asked this question before, but what makes a man a man? or a human a human? I've been looking for the answer for a while now, maybe I've found the answer and it's in front of me... I hope to find out, have you ever wondered what defines a soul?

  • ...
18
 39
 1,467

Freedom is never voluntarily given.

The day of the Grand Galloping Gala, the grandest ball ever held in Equestria, where the high and mighty can mingle with each other as a massive group, with those who are less fortunate not able to enter, due to the cost of tickets, and most didn't even want to go.

In fact the Gala was starting tomorrow, but anypony who is anypony knows the Gala actually goes on for three days, the first day only the high, important ponies go to, which involves heavy drinking, club music and drugs, the second day it is the former ball most think of and the third day is when the nobles who fell asleep return home.

Gilded and his new obedient pet were walking in the square near the Castle Of The Royal Pony Sisters as he paraded his new pet around, who was behind him on a leash attached to his shock collar.

Gilded stopped to talk to nobles and they commented on Frank.

"I say! I see you managed to tame that beast of yours, Gilded!" said one noble.

"Please do not offend him, he is my head of the house whilst I am absent, and he is quite useful." said Gilded and tugged on the leash, bringing Frank forward forcefully.

"How obedient?" asked one.

"Well, here is an example, pet, kill Lord Sugarlumps." he said, referring to the stallion who asked.

"What? h- he wou-" he cut off as the pet cracked his knuckles and put a twisted smile on as he approached the Lord.

He got closer and closer and began to wrench the nobles neck...

"Stop." said Gilded and as quick as he was about to kill him he became neutral and returned to his master's side.

"I see he is very obedient." said Sugarlumps.

"He is, in fact he won't even react if I do this:" said Gilded and stamped on Frank's foot... hard and he didn't even flinch.

"Master, could you please get off my foot? I need both in working order to be able to serve you at the Gala tonight." he said, Gilded instructed him to say 'master' around the nobles.

"Of course! ever the practical thinker!" he said and got off his foot.

"He certainly is quite a... specimen..." said one of the other lords, Lord Polo.

"Well, we must be going now! farewell!" said Gilded and they walked back to the house.

When they got back, Frank got into his suit for the Gala.

"Now, you have a Noble's Pass as my second, not a servants, because you get free will tonight, but you must remain at my side, apart from at the greeting which we will come to later." said Gilded, in truth Frank was going to be given many drinks and was going to test some new drugs the nobles had brought in from a foreign land, he noticed another quarter of Frank's eye returned Aquamarine, giving him free will must have lessened th conditioning... which is impossible! half of Franks iris was now blue and the other grey...

"Thank you sir." he said.

"No problem." he said and they walked out, discussing the details of introductions on the way there.

Eventually they got to the Castle, formal introductions were made in front of the Princesses and when every noble is checked off the party begins, nobles only go in small groups to avoid suspicion from other lesser class nobles.

Glided was apparently a very important pony and had a private table with the Princesses and the inner circle of the upper nobles, which were Sugarlumps, Polo, and a mare called Jade Diamond, and now Frank.

They approached the guard whose jaw dropped upon seeing Frank...

muscular figure... very muscular...

But his hanging head, collar and leash say otherwise...

"High Lord Gilded, and... what is this?" asked the guard referring to Frank.

"This is my second." he said and got him off the leash, moving it's shirt collar to conceal it's... shock, collar...

"Very well sir, go on in." he said and they both entered the reception, which led to the throne room through 2 massive doors.

"Remember the practise?" asked Gilded.

"Yes master." he said.

"Good." replied Gilded, Frank moved to the side of the double doors as they opened so he wouldn't be seen yet and they closed behind Gilded and Frank prepared, he heard:

"Good evening your highnesses, a pleasure to see you again." he said.

"Good'st evening High Lord Gilded Cage." came a soft voice, it sounded... simply angelic to Frank's ears.

"Yes, good evening." he heard another smooth voice, was he talking to two angels?

"As always it is an absolute pleasure your majesties." he said.

"We understand, thou has a second witheth thou this evening." came the first voice.

"Yes, we wish to see them."

"Very well, Jaeger!" he shouted and Frank threw open the doors, he saw nobles lining the route to the thrones, but when he looked to the thrones he saw...

He thought he had finally died...

He saw the two most beautiful mares ever to grace his eyes... e heard Gilded tell him via telepathy spell their names were Luna and Celestia.

All eyes were on him as he slowly walked the red carpet to them, gasps were heard and one mare fainted.

He was before them and bowed deeply, practically kissing the floor.

"Good evening, who mightest thou be?" asked Celestia.

"Yes we wish to know thy name." said Luna

"Thou grace thy with thou beautiful presence your gracious majesties, my name is Frank Jaeger, but you canst call thy whatever you so wish." he said and kissed Celestia's left hoof all the way to the shoulder, luckily she was a master at disguising emotions or she would have been blushing.

He did the same to her right hoof and then with Luna who had a slight blush on her cheeks.

"We thank thou kind sir." said Luna.

"Nay, thank thou majesties for allowing me to back in thy wonderful glow." he said.

"Where are thou from?" asked Luna.

"I do not know majesties, Master Gilded found me and saved me, and I have sworn service to him as payment." he said and backed into the left line of nobles as Gilded had backed into the right.

Now all the nobles were checked off came Celestia's least favorite part... the party.

She never got to dance because it wasn't Princessly behaviour, she could luckily have a glass of wine, but no drugs which was her choice, although she had been offered many drugs, she always declined, as did Luna.

Then there was Frank... in his eyes he was broken, maybe from something that happened before Gilded found him, she noticed them when he walked in, and then when he saw her... he brightened up... it made her feel special.

She noticed another portion of his eye as coloured now... so there was only a quarter left...

"The party has now begun!" exclaimed Celestia and some cheers were heard.

Her and Luna delayed as long a possible before going to the nobles table.

She saw Frank over there and the fact he was being ignored and looking out of place, and out of his comfort zone, the same half dead, pained look in his eye as he stared into space as the festivities went on around him.

"Lulu, we should go over there." said Celestia.

"Art thou crazy sister?" asked Luna.

"Look at Frank, he seems lonely." she said.

"Who careth? he is but a slave, hath thou not heard the gossip?" asked Luna, she didn't really mean that, she was following custom, she hated it a much as Celestia but was better at hiding it.

"Come on." insisted Celestia and began to walk over.

"Fine." replied Luna and followed.

They got to the booth and the nobles were laughing like hooligans with pints in their magic.

Celestia sat down next to Frank and Luna next to her sister.

Suddenly Frank had a pint in front of him.

"Chug!" the nobles chanted and he did, faster than anypony Celestia had ever seen!

"Wow! get him a bigger glass!" exclaimed one noble.

"So how old are you Frank?" asked Celestia, the nobles insisted she drop the royal talk when at the table.

"Who knows your highness?" he asked and chugged another glass, what she didn't know was Gilded was subtly sending him magi signals giving him orders, giving him the feeling of free will and he ordered him to drink.

"So you don't know?" she asked.

"No your majesty." he said and chugged another.

"Somepony bring a bottle!" exclaimed Sugarlumps.

A bottle was placed before two of them and Frank hugged it in record time, beating Sugarlumps, the kept sliding bottles over to him and he drank, the Princess saw in his eyes like her, he didn't want to be here, but something was preventing him from leaving.

Even Luna slid a bottle over to him at one point, following their example.

The dance music was thumping and everything was blurred out for Frank, the alcohol catching up to him as bottle after bottle was slid over to him and he took them down.

Suddenly a familiar flash of metal was seen and a needle full of stuff was produced and forehooves were laid on the table.

"Now this is some new shit from a different country and it might be dangerous." said Polo.

"Wait, let's have Frank try it first." smiled Gilded and all eyes turned to Frank.

"But master-" he stopped as the shock collar activated and he stayed upright somehow and it subsided.

"What was that pet?" he asked as Frank laid his bare arm on the table.

"Yes master..." he said, Celestia was horrified! but this sort of thing was common and not illegal among the nobles, Luna looked benign, whether this was because she had come to expect this, or truly didn't care, Celestia couldn't tell.

"Good pet." he said and a needle was injected into his arm, nothing happened for a second before he started to spasm violently and foam at the mouth, he collapsed on the table and the only sound was the club music, magic was used to lift his face up and he had a goofy smile and twinkling eyes as somepony announced:

"He's alive! and that expression means this is good stuff!" and everypony apart from Luna and Celestia were injecting.

They gave him injection after injection and Celestia was getting worried about him, this could kill him!

But her relations with these nobles was more important, hers and Luna's kingdom would fall apart! s she had to sit back quietly and watch as he was subjected to injection after injection, bottle of alcohol after bottle.

"Yeah! your pet can take a lot of punishment!" exclaimed Sugarlump, rather dumbly from the drugs.

"You have no idea..." said Gilded much the same.

"Thank you... sir." he slurred quietly.

Suddenly he was shocked rather hard.

"What was that?" asked Gilded dangerously.

"Thank you... master..." he said and hung his head.

"Better." smiled Gilded.

"I have to go to the toilet." said Frank.

"Go ahead." said Gilded and practically passed out.

Celestia and Luna moved for him as he staggered and swayed away into the crowd of dancing ponies, who gave him a wide berth.

He went into the toilet and puked his guts out almost, over and over again in a bucket in the middle of the toilet floor.

"I have to go to the little fillies room." announced Celestia to the nobles who grumbled and groaned in reply.

As Celestia passed Luna she heard whispered to her.

"Make sure he's ok."

Suddenly Celestia entered the bathroom and he was throwing up blood! dear sun!

She galloped the remaining few feet over to him and put her hoof on his back and rubbed his back and patted it.

"Let it all out." she said.

She nuzzled him, her sisterly instincts taking over as she had seen Luna like this with normal bile before and had to take care of her.

He stopped throwing up and turned to her.

"Why?" he asked.

"Why what?" she asked softly.

"Why do you care? I've seen it in your eyes all night, I may be pissed and shitfaced but I'm not stupid, you are concerned about me, pray tell wh- yyyy!!" he finished the last letter in a muffled scream as he turned to the bucket and threw up some more, when he finished he turned around to her.

"I have seen the pain in your eyes, you do not wish to be here." she said.

"Ah, so he sent you, so you can report to him when you exit?" he asked, he was getting some confidence.

He waved her off and began crying.

"Just- just leave me alone please your highness." he said and she complied, leaving the bathroom, as she walked out she passed Gilded who eyed her suspiciously.

When Celestia walked out her nuzzle sparked something...

"An Alicorn's touch..." a voice rang in his head, it was barely a touch but enough for him to recover recent memories at least.

The last segment of his eye glew Aquamarine as he got visions of the recent past... his armor... the nukes, the Princesses... it came back, but anything before that was still fuzzy.

Gilded entered the bathroom where his pet was sitting, staring at the wall, Gilded picked him up and stood him upright.

"What are you doing? get back out there!" exclaimed Gilded.

"No." was the reply.

"What the buck did you just say?" asked Gilded.

"I said no." he reaffirmed.

"Why you littl-" Gilded stopped as he was about to strike Frank but his hoof was met with a hand that started gripping... harder and harder.

"S-stop, I command you to stop!" exclaimed Gilded, the pain became too much and... suddenly it stopped, he had done it! he looked into Frank' eyes and... oh no... they were coloured.

"I remember now, you dragged me from the battlefield, you were a minion of Discord, I was neither alive, nor truly dead, an undying shadow in a world of light."

"I order you to let me go!" exclaimed Gilded, he stopped again and Gilded thought he had regained control.

"...you can't order me to to shit." said Frank calmly and with one press of his hand, crushed Gilded's hoof.

"AHHHHHH!!! my hoof! AHHHHHH!" he yelled, suddenly Frank Jaeger picked hi up and threw him into the wall, lightly by Franks standards, but by an average creature's standards it was hard, enough to leave a dent in the tiled wall.

Gilded looked up at Frank with half a broken muzzle.

"What are you?" he asked.

"I'm Grey Fox." he replied as he picked Gilded up, did a 180* and threw him through the wall with such force he smashed through the private table on the other side of the throne room, Frank was crouched in the rubble and stood up, Gilded was panicking as he lost control of the situation.

"You will obey me! you will all obey! my master commands it!" he yelled, Celestia approached him.

"What is the meaning of this Gild-" she stopped as he slapped her across the muzzle.

"You're both poor excuses for rulers! look at you both!" he yelled as Celestia was rubbing her sore cheek.



Suddenly this started playing:

Seeing this set Frank off and he started power walking to Gilded who tried to back away.

"I'm going to kill you!" he shouted as it played.

"And you back down!" he yelled and used the shock collar on full once which forced Frank into a crouch he recovered quickly and Gilded blasted him with it as Frank walked forward as if walking into a strong wind, suddenly the collar broke off of his neck from overload, and Gilded was still trying to use it frantically.

"I am in control! I am in con-" he stopped a a fust to the side f his body threw him a few feet away, Frank slowly walked after him. forcing every attempt to get up by him down with an application of foot to back.

"Help me your majesties..." he wheezed, Celestia went to stop him but Luna held her foreleg out and shook her head as she watched the events unfurl.

He flipped Gilded around and straddled him, punching his muzzle over and over.

"Fuck you you fucking horrible rapist pedophilic gobshite bastard piece of rotten shit putrid fucking areshole goddmn monster!!! I'm going to show you what 'gilded means in my language!'" he yelled.

"This is for me!!" he yelled and punched him left.

"This is for Bright Spot!" he punched him right.

"This is for Celestia!" he yelled and headbutted him.

"This is for being a prick!" he exclaimed and hit him square on, he picked him up by the shirt and said.

"And this one is just for the shits and giggles." he said in a sickeningly satisfied dark voice before kicking him through the Castle wall hard, so hard that he went flying into the gorge the castle overlooked.

Frank then turned to the Princesses and bowed as if nothing had happened.

"Your majesties, it has been a pleasure to attend, but I must now leave, adieu!" he said and used the hole he created to jump out of the castle.

"Sister, did you see that? he was so strong..." said Luna.

"Yes, we must search Gilded's house." replied Celestia, unaware of what they would find...

Author's Note:

There you go! the bastard's dead!

Ding dong the witch is dead.

me and Marl are doing a Supernatural marathon on Friday!

Right now we're sitting down to a cup of hot chocolate with marshmallows ready for bed soon.