• Published 18th Oct 2016
  • 2,977 Views, 243 Comments

A Search for Something More - HAKDurbin



Rough Draft is a senior in Canterlot High who writes fan fiction and dreams of finding love. He's also the only person in the entire school who still doesn't believe that Sunset Shimmer is reformed.

  • ...
31
 243
 2,977

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 7: The Trial of the Dazzlings

Over the next few days, Octavia and I meet up at Vinyl's place after school with the rest of the E.M.R. to go over the plan and hang out afterward. On Wednesday, I take Octavia home to meet my parents and begin showing her some movies starting with Ghostbusters and the original trilogy of Star Wars. She liked them okay, but was confused as to how my stories fit into the original trilogy. I explained how most of my stuff contained things closer to the other movies and add that I hope she will forgive me for when I show her the prequels. She has no idea what I was talking about, of course, but she politely nodded, figuring that she'll understand later.

It is currently Sunday, which is the day before the trial. All of the students at Canterlot High have been getting more excited to watch the three girls be brought to justice by the day. There's even a rumor on MyStable that some kids tried to camp near the courthouse to make sure they get seats to watch the trial.

I worry about the people in my school sometimes.

So far, today, I have been staying at home finishing my homework for the weekend and then watching TV until I get a text from Octavia.

Octavia: Darling, are you currently busy?

Feeling confident that this might lead to another get together with my girlfriend, I quickly respond.

Me: Nah. I'm just hanging out at my house. You?

Octavia: Same. How do you feel about the trial?

I hesitate before I answer.

Me: I'm a little nervous. I want to get it over with just to make sure that we have nothing to worry about, and the Dazzlings will be gone for good. Hbu?

Octavia: First of all, you know I don't like that texting slang. Second of all, I feel the same. We've gone over the plan with everyone a thousand times, and it feels like we're doing it for nothing. I believe that we're doing this with good intentions, but we could get in trouble just for being 'cautious' as Vinyl likes to put it.

Me: Well, if anything happens, I'll stay by your side.

Octavia: I know you will, darling, and I will do the same for you. Plus, it will be nice for things to go back to normal if that's even possible.

Me: True that. :p

Octavia: *chuckles* Anyway, mind if I come over for another movie date?

Me: Not at all. I was thinking it's time I start showing you the Lord of the Rings movies.

Octavia: Actually, I think it's time I showed you one of my films for a change. It wouldn't be fair for you to get to decide all of the movies.

Me: Good point. What do you have in mind?

Octavia: My favorite movie, The Notebook.

Me: ... Very well. As your boyfriend, I shall respect your choice as you have with my films.

Octavia: Oh my goodness, Rough Draft, I was kidding!!!

Me: Oh, thank heaven!

Octavia: Did you really think I would enjoy something as silly as The Notebook? What kind of girl do you take me for?

Me: Sorry! I just figured you'd be into some romantic comedy that only girls like. I keep hearing from other guys who have girlfriends that their girls are into that stuff, and I thought maybe you do too when you said the title.

Octavia: Ugh. Guys and their stereotypical views. Lord, help us all. Anyway, I'm on my way.

Ten minutes later, she's at the front door, and we peck each other on the lips before we head to the living room, and Octavia puts a DVD in the player.

The movie was Ever After, which all things considered is a really good movie. It's smart, cute, has some action, and a few good jokes. But the best parts for both me and Octavia are the romantic scenes. I can't help but enjoy how surprisingly well put together the romance between the two main characters are. As we go further into the movie, Octavia begins to cuddle next to me, and I wrap my arm around her. She let out a satisfied sigh, and I kiss her on the forehead.

We don't know what is going to happen tomorrow, but at least we have this peaceful moment together before the big day.



**********************************************************************************************************************



The moment I step foot inside the school, I instantly wish I didn't. Everyone is talking about the trial, excited to see the girls who hypnotized us and attacked the school gets what's coming to them. Sandalwood is walking through the halls, telling people to start carpooling for the trip to the courthouse. All I keep hearing is, "Can't wait!" this and "I'm going to try to tape it!" that.

You know, for a school that recently started supporting the concept of friendship after the Battle of the Bands, we seem to be crueler than we were when everyone hated Sunset Shimmer.

As I enter my first period class, my phone vibrates, and I take it out to see that I have a group text from Vinyl.

Vinyl: Don't forget guys; we're heading straight to the Wubmobile and Bon Bon's car the moment school's over. Doc's going to meet us there.

Bon Bon: copy that.

Lyra: Roger.

Derpy: Okie dokie, Vinyl.

Octavia: Rough Draft, and I will be there.

Me: What Octavia said.

As soon as I send my response, the bell rings, and I put my phone away as class starts. Unfortunately, classes become harder to pay attention to than usual, not because I was writing in class, but because students were still trying to talk/text about the trial when they think the teachers aren't looking. It wasn't long before teachers began threatening kids with detention so that they would miss the trial, which mostly shut them up, but some teenagers were still persistent. During the fourth period, I head that Snips and Snails tried to give their teachers fake excuse notes from their parents to leave early.

At lunch, I sit in my usual spot with Soarin and Caramel, and I realize I forgot that I originally planned to go to the trial with them.

"Uh..guys, there's something I gotta say," I say hesitantly. "I actually can't join you in going to the trial. I have to go with Octavia and her friends."

"What the heck, dude?!" Caramel exclaims. "You're ditching us for your girlfriend? What about bro code?"

"First of all, the bro code isn't a real thing, second of all, I'm sorry, but this is...I don't know how to explain it, but it's something that I have to do."

"What in the world is that supposed to mean?" Soarin asks. "For that matter, you've been hanging out with her all week. We barely see you apart from lunch after you guys got together."

"I know, and I promise I'll make it up to you guys," I say. "Actually, why don't you go with Rainbow Dash and the other Rainbooms, Soarin? Maybe that would be a good opportunity for Caramel to try again with Applejack."

"Dash and her friends want to go together by themselves. They think they should stay together as a group since they were the ones who defeated the Dazzlings," Soarin answers.

"Well how about this then; we'll hang out after class tomorrow and talk about the trail or something and go see a movie. How does that sound?" I ask.

Neither of them seems pleased with my idea, but they reluctantly agree that it's better than nothing.



**********************************************************************************************************************



The moment the last bell rings, we all race out of the building. I search for Octavia at our usual spot amid the wave of students. It takes a moment until we find each other, and she grabs my hand and leads us out of the crowd, and into the parking lot where Vinyl and the others are waiting.

"Come on, get in before we hit traffic!" Vinyl shouts as Octavia, and I get into the back of the Wubmobile, and Derpy and Lyra go inside Bon Bon's car. Vinyl quickly steps on the gas, trying to race to the exit of the parking lot - much to my fear and Octavia's annoyance, and Bon Bon follows behind. We eventually hit traffic, but luckily we are only a few cars behind. Vinyl gets impatient and honks her horn while Octavia is trying to calm her down.

After about a half an hour, we make it to the parking lot for the courthouse, and Doc is waiting for us, standing next to his car. We park right next to him and quickly get out of both cars.

"Greetings, everyone," says Doc. "Glad you could make it so soon."

"Yeah, yeah yeah. You got the stuff with you?" Vinyl asks impatiently

"Relax, Vinyl, the scanners are in the trunk of my car," Doc answers calmly. "We only have three scanners with us, so if The Dazzlings try to escape, we'll have to look for them in pairs with enough tasers for everyone."

"Good. Now, everyone, let's go, go, go!" Vinyl demands.

Lyra, Bon Bon, Derpy, Vinyl, Octavia, and I race towards the entrance to the courtroom, which already has a big crowd blocking it. We hold hands to keep us from getting separated. By the time we get inside, the security guards are shouting that there's no more room in the main room, so we have to go upstairs in the balconies. We waste no time in making our way to the stairs before the rest of the crowd can and find seats on the far side of the left balcony where we are closer to the stage. The seating keeps going for about ten minutes before the courtroom is filled up.

I'm looking around seeing who made it, but then I see someone I hate to see the most. Sunset Shimmer is sitting at the balcony on the right with the Rainbooms. Rainbow Dash, Applejack, and Rarity look as eager to get the trial underway as everyone else. Pinkie Pie is keeping a cheery attitude, and Fluttershy looks nervous as usual. But even Fluttershy doesn't look as worrisome as Sunset Shimmer. She's playing with her fingers, looking scared about what the outcome will be. I don't know if she's worried that the Dazzlings will be freed and will try to regain power at the school without magic somehow or if she's just eager to see three rivals be taken away for good.

Suddenly my thoughts are interrupted by a hand taking mine. I turn my head to see Octavia with a worried face. She leans over and whispers in my ear, "Please stay with me, Rough Draft. Glaring at her won't help whatever happened between you two. I need you to focus on the task at hand."

I contemplate her words and then let out a long sigh before I whisper back, "You're right. I'm sorry. I guess it's become a force of habit at this point. I'm glad that you are here with me whenever I do that."

"I am too, darling," she says with a small smile and a short squeeze of my hand.

Just then, one of the doors open, and a couple of security men are leading The Dazzlings to the defendant corner. As soon as they appear, virtually everyone that isn't me, Octavia, Vinyl, Derpy, Sunset Shimmer, and The Rainbooms start booing and hurling insults at the girls. As the security guards start ordering everyone to be silent, I take a closer look at The Dazzlings. The orange one with the large head of hair has a stern look on her face and looks like she is trying to ignore everyone. The purple one with the pigtails sits down with her arms crossed, not caring about what is happening.

But what draws my attention the most is the blue one with the big ponytail. She looks like she has been crying for sometime before the trial and I don't know how to explain it, but I feel like I want to help her. It sounds utterly ridiculous that I would feel anything like that to any of the Dazzlings, but I can't help but feel sorry for her. It was as if she might have a, for lack of a better term, innocent side to her. Like even though she meant to do the things the other two girls did at the Battle of the Bands, her cute face is showing a sign of regret and fear.

We wait a few minutes until finally, the jury comes into the courtroom and sits in their respective seats, and soon after, we all stand up as the judge comes in. After the judge takes his seat, we sit back down and he reads the charges.

"The court recognizes the defendants, Adagio Dazzle, Aria Blaze, and Sonata Dusk," he announces.

The orange and purple Dazzling make no reaction while the blue one shivers in fear before the judge continues.

"The defendants are charged with assault on public property, attempted break-in, and theft. The defendants have declined to have an attorney represent them and thus will represent themselves. Do the defendants agree to these terms?"

The Orange Dazzling stands up from her chair, and plainly says, "We do."

"And how does the defendant plead?"

The Orange Dazzling turns her head to look at the other Dazzlings. The blue one looks like she is dreading to hear the answer while the purple one rolls her eyes and waves her hand, gesturing to get on with it.

"No contest," The Orange Dazzling states firmly.

The students in the audience go crazy. They cheer and boo in excitement over the plea. Someone unseen among the crowd shouts, "Darn right, no contest!" The Rainbooms and Sunset Shimmer are shocked to hear their fallen enemy announce her plea. Lyra and Bon Bon join in the booing while Derpy looks at the former sirens surprised, Vinyl smirks, and Octavia looks at the ex-siren intrigued with the decision. But the orange Dazzlings just sits down, not appearing to be afraid of what she said while the Purple Dazzling is unfazed, and the Blue Dazzling, however, is more frightened than ever.

I, on the other hand, am perplexed about the whole situation. I turn to Octavia and ask, "What does that mean?"

"It's roughly the same as pleading guilty," She answers.

"What's the difference, though?" I ask.

"Not much. Basically, from here, the judge has to ask the Dazzlings questions and then make the sentence," Octavia explains.

The judge slams his gavel on the small wooden block, which causes a loud banging that echoes the entire room.

"Order! Order in the courtroom!" He shouts.

After a few more hits from his gavel, the room is silent, and he looks back at the Dazzlings.

"Ms. Dazzle, are you and your sisters aware that the 'no contest' plea will have the same force and effect as a guilty plea?" He asks.

"Yes, we understand that," The Orange Dazzling answers bluntly.

"And by not having an attorney defend you, you make your plea acknowledging that you and your sisters have committed these actions?" The asks.

"We do." The Orange Dazzling replies.

"And by pleading no contest, you and your sisters will automatically be convicted of the offense?" The judge asks.

"Yes, your honor." The Orange Dazzling says.

"And your reasons for this plea?" The judge asks.

"To get this over with," The Orange Dazzling quickly answers.

"Yeah, let's get this over with!" Someone from the audience shouts, and other students among the crowd cheers in agreement. The judge slams his gavel again for silence before he continues.

"Very well," he says. "Ms. Dazzle, Ms. Blaze, and Ms. Dusk, the court has acknowledged your rights and has questioned you concerning your plea. I find that you are hereby guilty of all charges and are hereby sentenced to three years in Canterlot Juvenile Hall. This case is dismissed"

The judge slams his gavel one last time, and the audience goes nuts. Scores of teenagers cheer at this news while the Rainbooms and Sunset Shimmer merely sigh in relief. Lyra and Bon Bon are jumping up and down joyously, and Derpy is smiling as if a weight had been lifted off her chest. Vinyl almost joins in the cheer but quickly stops herself, afraid that she will blow her image and so just smiles and gives a thumbs-up. Octavia sighs contently before she looks at me and gives me a satisfied smile that I return.

But my smile fades when I looked down and notice the Blue Dazzlings bursting into tears. The Purple Dazzling elbows her in the arm and ridicules her, which only makes the blue one whimper more. The Orange Dazzling murmurs something to the other girls before the security guards walk over to them and escort them out of the courtroom. Even though I'm glad the Dazzlings lost, I part of me wishes the Blue Dazzling won't be sent to juvenile hall. I turn to Octavia, and she seems to notice the blue girl's grief, and judging by her facial expression, she feels the same way.

Our concentration on the blue former siren is broken, however, when Sandalwood shouts from among the crowd, "Oh dudes, let's see if we can watch the Dazzlings get escorted to juvie!"

All the students make cheers of agreement and begin to crowd the exits.

"Ooooo. That sounds fun!" Lyra says excitedly.

"Yeah, what are we waiting for? Let's go, you guys!" Bon Bon confirms

Derpy is hesitant but nods in agreement, and Vinyl gives them a thumbs up before they stand up and make their way out of the courtroom. Octavia and I look at each other and nod before we get up from our seats and join them.



*****************************************************************************************************************



Octavia, me, and the rest of the gang push our way through the crowd while the security guards force people to clear a path as they escort the Dazzlings to a police car. Teenagers keep on booing and shouting insults at the girls, but apart from the blue one who is still crying, they pay no mind. Octavia and I manage to get a good look while the Dazzlings head to the car.

"I hate to admit it when it comes to the blue girl, but it's good to see that they're about to officially go away for quite a while," I comment.

"I agree," Octavia says. "But I feel better that we didn't need to do anything just like we hoped. As much as I believe in our cause, I could do with less commotion."

"Tell me about it," I say. "Could you imagine if w -"

At that moment, I stop in mid-sentence as I look at the orange girl. I look closer and see that she is holding a pellet. Suddenly, she and the other Dazzlings shut their eyes while she raises her hands.

"OCTAVIA, GET DOWN!" I shout as I turn to her and force her to the ground with me before the orange girl throws the pellet to the ground.

I hear something crack, people screaming in surprise, a few thuds and whacks, and brief grunts in pain. I lift my head to find everyone in the crowd wobbling and groaning with their eyes shut, and the security guards that were escorting the Dazzlings are on the floor unconscious. I look down at Octavia, who is trying to recollect herself before I help her up.

"Are you okay?" I ask.

"Yes, I'm fine. Just hit my head on the cement," she says wearily.

"Sorry. I promise not to put so much force in forcing you down next time," I say.

"I'll hold you to that," she says before she looks around the crowd. "What happened?"

"I'm not entirely sure," I say. "I saw the orange girl holding a pellet and saw the three of them shut their eyes as she was about to throw it to the ground before I turned to you. By the looks of everyone, it was some sort of flash bomb or something."

Octavia frowns and says, "The Dazzlings can't have gone far."

The two of us look around, trying to look for them amidst the crowd until we eventually spot them.

"There! They're running through to the parking lot," Octavia says.

"I see them," I say as she grabs my hand and we run to the parking lot.

We by the time we're halfway through the parking lot, the Dazzlings have already made it to the other side and made a turn around the corner. I look around and see Doc spotting them and hurriedly open the trunk of his car.

"Doc!" I exclaim as I wave my hand to him.

He turns to look at Octavia and me and quickly grabs some of his equipment from his car and races to meet us on the other side of the parking lot.

"I get comfortable for a few minutes, and then I see a flash in the distance and three former 'sirens' running away. Not the best way to spend an afternoon," he says, annoyed.

"We can complain about it later. We have to go after them!" Octavia demands.

"What about the police?" he asks.

"The Dazzlings knocked them out amidst the chaos. They might not be able to get back up in time," I say.

Doc sighs and says, "Right. I brought two of the scanners and a couple of the tasers. You take one of the scanners, and we'll each have a taser."

"Do you think the scanners will be able to detect them at this distance?" I ask.

"We'll have to try and find out," he says.

"Whatever, we need to go now!" Octavia exclaims before we all start running.

But as we go back to chasing the convicts, I hear someone shout, "Rough Draft! Octavia!" I turn around while still running to find Sunset Shimmer running towards us with Rainbow Dash and Applejack following behind. I don't know what she's trying to do, but I feel that for the sake of the mission, we need to get the Dazzlings before she finds them or tries to stop us. I turn on one of the scanners and try to get a reading on them. It's hard to see what I am looking at with the faded dots on the screen, and the multiple crossroads along the way were not helping us catch up with them.

"Can't we see any better with these things?" I ask.

"I told you; the trail of their energy is still very faint. We can only detect so much from their unknown source," Doc explains.

"Ugh, I can't tell where they are!" I shout. "I think they split up, but I'm not sure."

"I'm getting the same reading," Doc confirms. "One of them is going north, and the other two are heading northwest."

"We're gonna have to split up too," Octavia says. "We'll go after the two of them while you go after the one."

"Alright. Call if anything happens," he says as he continues going straight while Octavia and I take a right at the end of the street.

We keep running as fast as we can, trying to figure out where they went. We yell at people to get out of the way while we go from street to street. After a while, I see the two signals on the radar standing still.

"I think they just stopped somewhere," I say. "They may have found a place to hide."

"We better hurry before they start running again," Octavia says.

We follow the reading as best as we can until we stop in front of an abandoned building. The paint is faded, some of the windows are broken, and some areas of it look destroyed. I gulp in fear as I try to see if the scanner was wrong, but despite the dots being hard to see, it's clearly detecting the two girls in there.

"Come on, let's go," Octavia says as she takes my hand, but I pull back before she drags me in. She turns around, confused and impatient. "Come on, Rough Draft, we need to find them!"

"I can't," I say nervously. "It's too dangerous. We need to call the police -"

"There's not enough time!" She exclaims. "They might find a way to escape before the police get there, and we might lose them!"

"We can't go in there!" I protest. "We don't know what's out there or if we can even find them. We're risking our lives just to -"

Before I can finish, I feel both of Octavia's hands on my cheeks, and she stands in front of me, our faces just inches apart, and her violet eyes looking deep into mine as she speaks in a stern voice.

"Darling, listen to me," she begins. "We are not chasing down demons or zombies or anything like that0. We're after two teenage girls who are unarmed and in a small environment. Yes, we are taking a risk, but we're going to be fine. I need you to be brave for me and stand by my side. Whatever happens, we're going to face it together. Okay?"

I'm still uneasy as I look deep into her eyes. I want to think of something to counter her, but I can't come up with anything. Deep down, I know she isn't going to let up, and there is no way I was going to let her chase these girls on her own. I let out a sigh before I reluctantly nod.

"Together," I agree.

She gives me a small smile before she gives me a quick kiss on the lips.

"For luck." She says.

I smile back before we walk towards the building.

Octavia slowly opens the battered front door and quietly walks into the dark hallway with me following behind. There are a couple of lights that are flickering and humming, barely giving us enough light to see the doorways on both sides of the hall. Octavia and I take out our tasers while we tread carefully.

"Talk to me, Rough Draft. Where are they?" Octavia whispers.

"I can't tell," I whisper back. "All I'm seeing are two dots close to the center of the radar. I don't even know if they're on the same floor as us. They could be upstairs somewhere or...wait."

I see one dot coming closer and closer to the center of the scanner, but I have no time to react before I hear a yell and turn to see the Orange Dazzling coming out of the shadows of the room closest to us. Before I can react, she rams me to the wall, and I fall down, dropping my taser and groaning in pain.

"Rough Draft!" I hear Octavia shout as she quickly points her taser to the orange girl and fires.

The Dazzling dodges the wires from the taser and pounces on Octavia. She pins her to the ground and starts smacking and punching at Octavia with Octavia moving her arms, trying to block her attacks.

"Get away from my girlfriend," I say weakly as I stand back up and run over to them.

I wrap the Orange Dazzling around her waist and try to pull away, she elbows me in the stomach, and I get down on my knees. I have no time to recover before she grabs my face with both hands, lifts my head to face her, and headbutts me.

I fall with my forehead in pain. I can hear Octavia and the Orange Dazzling wrestling with each other. I groan and roll over as I try to get up, but then I see my taser just a few feet away from me. I crawl over to it, trying to ignore the pain until I'm close enough to reach for it. With the taser in my hand, I try to stand up again, but I feel like the hallway was spinning. I rock back and forth until I make my way to a wall. I lean on to it and manage to keep the room spinning before I turn to see Octavia with the Dazzling in a headlock.

"Octavia," I call out.

Octavia to look up and see me my taser, pointing at her and our opponent and she shouts, "Do it!"

But the Orange Dazzling takes advantage of her distraction and elbows Octavia in the stomach. Octavia falls to the floor groaning, but it's all I need for a clear shot. She turns to me and barely has a moment to realize what I am doing before I pull the trigger.

"Dagi!"

Before I know it, the Blue Dazzling throws herself into my line of fire, and the taser hits her square on the chest. I look at her, shocked as she falls down and whimpers as the electricity flows through her body. The other Dazzling takes the opportunity to punch me in the face, knocking the wind out me. As I fall down again, I hear her racing toward the front entrance.

"Yeah, you better run," I say, trying chuckle at my joke before the pain stops me.

I close my eyes and try to rest. I hear Octavia groaning, and the Blue Dazzling whimpering a few words before she loses consciousness.

"Dagi...please...don't...leave me."

The room is quiet apart from the humming and flickering of the lights until I hear a motorcycle coming from outside. I hear the bike turn off and two pairs of footsteps heading our way.

"Rough Draft!" I hear a voice say as the footsteps come closer, and I feel someone kneel to my side and place a hand on my cheeks.

"Rough Draft, speak to me!" I hear the voice say in a worried tone.

"Holy crap, did they take down one of the sirens?" says a raspy voice. "Wait, where's that tan guy they were with?"

"He might be looking for the other Dazzlings," the first voice says. "Better text Applejack, and let her know."

I slowly open my eyes, trying to find out who's here, and to my dismay, I find Sunset Shimmer looking down at me with a worried look. I groan in both pain and irritation as I slowly start to sit up and shove her.

"Get away from me," I mumble "Where is Octavia? Octavia!"

"Over here." I hear my girlfriend weakly call out.

I turn to see Rainbow Dash observing the Blue Dazzling with Octavia lying down next to her. I crawl over to her with Sunset Shimmer trying to help me, but I repeatedly swat her hands from me. I finally make it Octavia's side and cup her cheek. Her face has a couple of bruises, and she has her eyes shut.

"Are you alright?" I ask.

"Not really," she answers quietly with a groan. "How am I going to explain this to my parents?"

"You could always start with 'you should see the other girl,'" I suggest.

She slowly opens her eyes and gives me an unamused look.

"Normally, that would be funny," She says.

"Right, sorry," I say. "Come on, let's get you to sit up."

I take her hand and help her get into a sitting position. I sit down next to her and we wrap ourselves in each other's arms as gently as we can desire the pain we're in. We lay our heads on each other's shoulders and sigh in relief.

"How about we get out of her as soon as possible and head to my place where we could just cuddle for the rest of the day?" I whisper.

"That sounds delightful," she whispers back before groaning again. "But maybe less cuddling and more resting for a little while?"

"Deal," I say.

We sit there in each other arms, doing our best to enjoy each other's company without hurting each other.

"Ahem."

I open my eyes and reluctantly turn to my left to find Rainbow Dash standing up with one hand on her hip and another holding my scanner while Sunset Shimmer is holding our tasers looking concerned.

"You two got some explaining to do," Rainbow Dash states in a matter-of-factually tone.

Octavia and I freeze while still in each other's arms, dreading Rainbow Dash's words.

"This isn't going to end well, is it?" I whisper in Octavia's ear.

"Probably not, darling," Octavia whispers back. "Probably not."

Author's Note:

For the record, I don't think The Notebook is necessarily a terrible film. The chemistry between the two main characters is solid when they're not fighting each other and some romantic moments like the very end work very well. But the characters and the general story are as cliched as it gets.

Anyway, this was a tricky chapter to write even if the trial itself was relatively short. I had to look it up to find out that there is the option of pleading "no contest" at a trial. Regardless, I'm glad with how it turned out for the most part and am looking forward to publishing the next two chapters. What happens with The Rainbooms and Sunset Shimmer finding out about the E.M.R. and what happens to Sonata? You're just gonna have to find out on the next chapter! ;)

PreviousChapters Next