• Published 23rd May 2012
  • 4,726 Views, 60 Comments

A Beacon of Light - Nobrains



When tragedy befalls a Paladin of Azeroth, will a crazy pony be able to pull him into her reality?

  • ...
11
 60
 4,726

Epilogue

Epilogue

Children screamed and laughed through the streets of Shattrath. The sounds echoing well above to the Aldor's domain, annoying several priests trying to meditate under the guidance of the Light. It required a masterful control of the mind, but even with all their training, their minds were put to the test as they were forced to drown out the sounds or storm out of the Aldor temple in frustration.

Eleii watched them from her seat near the entrance, with anger and hatred. They prayed to a force that would let one of its more devote die from a simple fall. They would put their trust in something so surreal, something would never help them in their time of need, and just let them die.

She had seen Titus die that day. He hit the ground hard, Eleii had too, but she was saved from death by hitting a branch from a nearby tree that the Arakkoa used for nesting. Titus had completely missed it and paid the consequences that day. It wasn't fair for him to die the way he did, falling off of the Aldor platform. It was a death that should never have happened. Where had the Light been that day?

She brought a fist down on her leg with extreme force, but felt nothing. Not since the fall. She looked at her legs, bent in unnatural shapes and distorted beyond repair. She would never walk again, and was forced to stay in Shattrath until her family all the way back in the Exodar in Azeroth came to retrieve her.

One Draenei acolyte came walking by, hoping to get a chance to pray within the temple itself. He was whistling a merry tune and walked with a vigor that Eleii would never know again. It infuriated her to the brink of lashing out. The idiot was about to waste his time praying to a holy entity that would never be there for him in his ultimate time of need. She had to try to stop him before he threw his life away for nothing.

“Hey! You! Get over here!” she cried out to the acolyte.

The acolyte paused and looked around to see if she was calling out to another, but soon noticed he was the only one in her vicinity. He quickly stepped over to her, curious as to what she could want with a lowly old acolyte like him.

“Yes, miss?” He asked.

She looked at him with disgust and disappointment. “You know what's in there?” She gestured towards the interior of the temple.

“An opportunity to attune myself to the Light better?” The Acolyte answered hopefully.

“No. Lies. Lies and deceit.”

The acolyte was taken aback by the statement. “Why would you say that, miss?”

“I see what happens to the faithful.” She looked down, biting her lip. “They die. They die when they need the Light the most. But it never comes, and it never will. You should just go back to where you came from and live a normal life. Don't throw it away to this lie.”

The acolyte frowned sadly. “M'am you can do nothing to change my mind. The Light will guide me through all aspects of life, and you shouldn't be speaking such heretical ways. Now you have a wonderful day, and may the Light guide even the blinded.”

He shoved off, unaffected by the encounter. “Idiot”, Eleii thought. Another life lost to nothing but praying to a faceless deity. She told herself to calm down, but it wasn't as easy as she had thought. So much hate was in her now, that she didn't know if she could ever ease herself to a mild behavior ever again.

It was like this day after day, pilgrims came by hoping to pray within the holy temple for themselves. Eleii told them of the lies the Light told. It did nothing to stop these pilgrims from continuing on into the temple, and Eleii couldn't help but be frustrated by the blindness seen by the many people within the city. Sometimes she was called a heretic by the passerby, for she spewed words against the Light within the city of Light itself.

She knew that eventually the authorities would come and take care of her, but she didn't care either way. It wasn't as if she was going anywhere until her family arrived. Even then she would just speak the same thoughts within the Exodar, where their savior, Velen, a man of the Light himself would likely have her exiled.

She would live the rest of her life with hate, she had decided. There was no good in the world if the divine beings themselves gave little care to who lived or died. The Light had let Titus die without a second thought, and with him, Eleii's one friend. She loathed all around her and even herself, for not being able to do anything to save him.

She cried and sobbed in pain and hate. She wanted things the back they were, before all of this, before the death. Before the Mana-Tombs. It was a selfish thing, but she felt she deserved it after all this time. She soon fell out of her chair, and several temple aides rushed to help her back into it.

“Get away from me!” She thrashed about, trying to break their grips. “Burn in hell! All of you!” They threw her back into her chair. Where she sat, and waited, for minutes, then hours, then days. It would never be the same; all was dead to her in the end. She may not have died with Titus, but she felt like it. Life was a meaningless cesspool of disappointment and its blinded followers, willing to do nothing but trudge on in the hope that they wouldn't be left behind. No clarity, no liberation, just a horrible theocracy that told lie after lie. She was soon crying again.

If only she knew where he was now. What he had done, who he was with. How happy he was. She would've been so proud, so proud and happy.

The End.

Comments ( 31 )

to be honest. Totally not interested. But with the ammount of words you have and skimming the contents of a few chapters I can tell you done good. Have a like for a job well done.

gosh darn it i read bacon of light :derpytongue2:

poor Eleii

i was hoping to find a funny mlp warcraft picture but i failed in my quest:trixieshiftleft:

Heh, glad you're all liking it. This was the product of a week grounded, didn't think anybody would like it this much. Now I know I'll have to write a sequel to this. Thanks again guys :pinkiehappy:

637955

Sounds like my kind of fic, bud. I'll have to keep an eye out for whenever you get it out.

by god that was one of the best fanfics i read about a game:pinkiehappy: i would definitly love a sequel about this:pinkiesmile:

Wow Eleii really got screwed over lol, too bad she didn't die.

This was good :pinkiehappy: , even if it was a tale of a paladin :pinkiecrazy:

648013

Thank you kindly. I'll have to go back and clean it up again, thanks for letting me know bud.

That was fun, decent ending to from a writing standpoint. Open for a sequel, but doesn't need one. I like that.

I read this whole story and I have to say, freaking loved it. Heck, you even had me tempted to restart my WoW account after reading it. I found it rather cute how Lyra and Titus interacted for the most part, especially when she tried to put on his armor.

hmmmmm.......

always love an ending that makes you feel both satisfied and slightly depressed:twilightsmile:

would love to see a sequal to this:pinkiesmile:

675619

It shall be done! I got one in the works right now. Should be out by next week or so! :pinkiehappy:

675854 then ill be wating....and watching you...............while you sleep :P:trollestia:

I'm FINALLY back from my adventures on earth, and I'm SO reading this after I'm done my next chapter.

708644

Woot, more of your stuff to read too!

708656 :pinkiehappy:

Also, I see that you're an avid Trivium fan... as am I.

denver.mylittlefacewhen.com/media/f/img/mlfw1354_hAtAq.png

708672

You just became my best friend sir.

Loved this fic, it was very well written with a great story, and i just love Lyra/Human fics.

764334

Heh, thanks man. Her obsession with humans made her the obvious candidate as the deuteragonist and love interest for this kind of story. Most importantly, I'm glad you enjoyed it. :twilightsmile:

779388

The power of dedication conquers all, my friend.

so...what class is Eleii? not one with the slowfall ability :3

rogue?

780563

A fury warrior bud. :pinkiehappy:

And another is enlightened about the truth when it comes to religion and greater beings (god, deity, etc.) Specifically christianity.

To be honest (and this is a huge fault of mine:facehoof:) I was skeptic about reading this fic. I had my thoughts along the line of "WoW and MLP? Yeah right...". Yes, yes, I know I'm an idiot. :rainbowhuh:
I am so glad I read this. I enjoyed it so much and can't wait 'till tomorrow comes so I can read the sequel :ajsmug:
I remember starting on "Wishing Well" when you just had written one or two chapters. Since then I've only decided to read stories that is actually complete so can't wait for that to finish now that I've read this.:yay:
I will see you again when I've read the prequel ;-) :pinkiehappy:

3841264
I'm so glad you enjoyed it and gave it a chance! I love it when I get awesome comments like this. I hope I can finish up some more stories so you can keep enjoying my writing!

I've never gotten into WOW but have enough friends who have that I'm not overly lost on the terminology.
Fun story so far although I was a bit confused when Lyra didn't know what armor was considering the guard uses something similar.

Thanks for the good read, not enough well done crossovers around. Also this should really have that antho tag... I think lol

4032353
Because that just sounds amazing

Login or register to comment