• Published 22nd Jul 2015
  • 22,670 Views, 650 Comments

We're...Twins...yes...twins... - Questionable Brony



Emerald was just another human, just another pegasister. Now she's been turned into an OC pony called Twivine. Problem is, she has no idea who Twivine is.

  • ...
51
 650
 22,670

Starting a new life

Author's Note:

I'm tired. This chapter is crappy. Stop pressuring me.

The meal went on....normal. More or less. As normal as it could went with two plunder vines acting as a replacement for my lost arms and hands. I swear once they were out, controlling them was really easy. I just in my mind told them what to do and they did it. Kinda felt like someone was feeding me to be honest. I didn't even need to give commands in my head per say, but it was easier.

In the meantime Twilight proved to be quite the multitasking talent. She ate, made notes about how I handled the vines and at the same time managed to talk with Celestia a little bit, which I was happy about. I mean, the princess paid the last 18 or so hours more attention to me than her. I tried to not to get more attention than necessary and quickly retracted the vines, after I was done eating. Of course that at first got the attention of everyone and Twilight wanted me to bring them back to study them further. And who can resist the puppy dog eyes of a filly? So I summoned them again! And guess what?

No really, guess, you'll never get it.

Maybe.

Anyways, thumbs up to everyone who thought I was gonna smash the windows. Seriously, I was aiming with my thoughts at the already existing holes. That's how magic works in all the fantasy books I read: focus your thoughts on that one thing you're aiming. I swear handling those things once they're out is easier than spawning them.

Everyone at the table cringed upon hearing the glass shattering in two other rooms. A second later my vines appeared inside the kitchen, coming from both entrances. I could feel my entire head heating up from the blush. At this point I pretty much looked like Fluttershy from the second EG movie, when she tried to hide under the table. Yeah, I did the same with only my eyes poking up.

"Sorry." I squeaked and even I knew it was adorable Yes even with the dark undertone my voice had. It sounded like Darth Vader inhaled helium.

"Don't worry." Princess Celestia assured all of us. Me to the fact that it was an accident and the rest because she would see to it that everything would get repaired.

Yeah, until I break everything again. Were my thoughts. And I could see Nightlight thinking the same thing. Before anything else could be said, Velvet stepped in. "Well, it is getting late. Time to go to bed Twilight. You too Twi...vine."

Not awkward at all with her having trouble saying my name.

"Aw, but I'm not *yawn* tired at all." Twilight replied, the day finally catching up to her. Me? I wasn't really tired. But what had a kid like me to say?

"Shining could you help her please?" Velvet motioned with her head towards me. He silently nodded and used his magic to put me on his back again.

"Come on, Twily. Time for bed. Wait, where should we put her?"

"I got a name." I deadpanned at him, lightly smacking the back of his head for good measure.

"She can sleep with me!" Twilight exclaimed, adorably supporting herself with her forelegs on Shining, looking excitingly at me. I looked over to Twilight's parents and guess what they thought of the idea? Their faces said it all. However, there wasn't an alternative. I'm not joking, as it later turns out originally they didn't plan on getting a second (let alone a third and a fourth) and as such when Twilight was on the way, the guest room was redesigned to function as Twilight's and now also my room. And the family library.

Nightlight and Velvet looked at each other for a wile, until Nightlight sighed and said: "Alright. Until we get Twivine a separate bed, you two can sleep together in the same one."

"Yay! Thank you daddy!" Twilight ran over to her father and hugged him adorably. No one can resist Twilight. This was proven once again, as his frown turned upside down. I think I saw a flash of pink there somewhere. Eh, maybe I was tired and just didn't want to realize it, since technically I am an adult.

"Okay, time for bed little princess. Go up and brush your teeth."

Twilight sighed. "Okay, daddy. Will you come up and read us a book?" she asked.

Nightlight chuckled. "Of course. Now, up you go."


Shining brought me upstairs. He also brought me one of Twilight's spare toothbrushes. He even put the paste on it. "So, I think it's better if I brush your teeth. You probably don't know how to do it anyway."

"Uh...I kinda do. I think." Had to remind myself there that I went with the I'm a new being story.

"Yeah, well, mom'll get a fit, if you make any more holes in the house."

"Well, I guess she doesn't like a cheese house. But then again, that would be cheesy."

...

He violently stuffed the brush into my mouth and started cleaning. Twilight had been silently watching us, but then again, she couldn't really talk with a toothbrush in her mouth. I struggled for like ten seconds, until Shining finally got that damn thing out of my mouth. I spat out everything, before glaring at him. "Be more careful, okay?!"

He just rolled his eyes, but at least didn't violently shove that thing into my mouth again. After we were done, he brought me back to Twilight's room, where said filly was searching through one of her bookcases, most likely for a story before bed.

Shining placed me on the bed. He helped Twilight getting up, who had decided on a book. She placed it on the pillow. It read: "The Legend of the two sisters." Oh HELL NO! Why Twilight?! Anything BUT this story!

What was my problem? I knew now that princess Luna was real. That she really suffered right at this moment on the moon, that she really felt like the ponies abandoned her almost 1000 years ago. Do you know how sad that is? Oh yeah, silly question. BUT, imagine a thing you thought was just a story suddenly got real! And on top of that, you already felt for this person, although she was "just" a fictional character.

"Goodnight Twily." Shining Armor snapped me back to reality. "Goodnight Twivine."

"Goodnight Shiny!"

"Night, Shining Armor."

The stallion left the room and almost bumped into Nightlight on the way out. The father walked in and eyed me like some strange thing, but smiled once his eyes landed on Twilight. He levitated up the book and took a look at the title.

"This again?" he asked Twilight.

"Sis didn't hear the story yet." Twilight pointed at me.

Suppressing a sigh, Nightlight made it himself comfortable and started reading.

"Once upon a time, in the magical land of Equestria: there were two regal sisters who ruled together and created harmony for all the land. To do this, the eldest used her unicorn powers to raise the sun at dawn. The younger brought out the moon to begin the night. Thus, the two sisters maintained balance for their subjects; all different types of ponies.

But as time went on, the younger sister became resentful. The ponies relished and played in the day her elder sister brought forth, but shunned and slept through her beautiful night. One fateful day, the younger unicorn refused to lower the moon to make way for the dawn.

The elder sister tried to reason with her, but the bitterness in the young one's heart had transformed into a wicked mare of darkness: Nightmare Moon.

She vowed that she would shroud the land in eternal night. Reluctantly, the elder sister harnessed the most powerful magic known to ponydom: The Elements of Harmony. Using the magic of the Elements of Harmony, she defeated her younger sister and banished her permanently in the moon.

The elder sister took on responsibility for both sun and moon and harmony has been maintained in Equestria for generations since."

The story ended and Twilight was already asleep, clinging onto me. Nightlight looked at me and saw that I was wide awake with a tear running down my cheek. It was just so cruel. I could think of several reasons as to why Celestia decided to let Luna become a legend, but still.

"Are you alright?" Nightlight asked me.

"Y-yeah. I just think...it's sad."

"Don't worry. It's just a story." Nightlight tried to assure me, but I knew the truth.

I looked down at Twilight and nuzzled her on the head. "I hope she never needs to banish me to the moon." Ha, the way I looked I was pretty sure SOMETHING would go wrong in the future. Urgh, looking back now, the story really got to me.

Nightlight just stood there, looking down at me. I didn't see his face, so I can't even guess what he was thinking. However he did nuzzle me in order to calm me down. I looked up at him and for once, he was smiling down at me.

"Don't be silly. That will never happen. " he whispered. "Now sleep. A little filly like you needs her sleep."

"Okay. Goodnight."

"Goodnight." he whispered and walked out. As in out of the room. I wasn't really tired, so all I did was hug Twilight like a stuffed animal and placed my head on the pillow wanting to settle things in my mind. But then I noticed that the door was still open and even though it was just a tiny gap, I could clearly see someone standing there and looking inside. Great, so I found out, he didn't trust me at all. It wasn't until I heard a feminine voice, like thirty minutes later that the gap slowly closed and I could hear hoofsteps going away.

I suppressed the urge to groan, not wanting to wake up Twilight. So here was my situation. I was Twilight's sister, a former human, lying to everyone, am now also Celestia's student, have no idea how to walk or properly use my magic and Spike likes to chow on my tail. Thank Faust he wasn't sleeping with us. He was cute, but do you have any idea how annoying it can be having someone pulling on your tail?! I regretted every time I did that to an animal.

Whatever. I thought. Maybe in the end this is all just a very realistic dream and I'll wake up tomorrow for another Sunday. And even if not I looked down at Twilight I have the cutest sister in two worlds.


The next day I woke up from a dreamless sleep and was immediately ready to fall asleep again. I was being hugged by something warm and very soft. The only thing preventing me from getting back into the world of subconsciousness was a bright light shining onto my face. This problem was easily solved by pulling the covers a little higher and snuggling a little bit more into the warm thing. I think a part of me realized it was Twilight I was snuggling into, but everyone had been in this situation. It is Sunday, I'm gonna sleep in, screw you sun.

Unfortunately, I never got back into the blissful state of sleep. Why? Because Baby's don't have a regular sleep schedule. My tail had been hanging down and somehow Velvet and Nightlight lost track of Spike who did IT again.

"IIIEEEK!" I shrieked as I was pulled down from the bed, taking the blanket with me. I struggled to get the thing off from me. It was levitated off from me by Nightlight, revealing me with a pretty messy mane and Spike, chewing on my tail. Velvet and Shining Armor were there too, probably alarmed from me shrieking like a little girl. Oh right...

Apparently, everything looked so funny, Velvet took a picture (not sure where she got that camera from), while the rest laughed their asses off. My only response was pouting.

Ten minutes later, we were all sitting at the kitchen table, having breakfast. The holes from yesterday were still there.

"How about you try eating like this?" Velvet suggested, showing me what I had to do. Basically forget silverware, forget magic, just dig in. And then I remembered that's how most ponies actually ate. Well, those without magic mostly did.

"Twilight, what do you want to have for breakfast?" Nightlight asked.

"Jelly bread!"

"Twivine? What do you want on your bread? Or do you want oatmeal?" she asked. I looked around the contents of the table.

"I'd like a slice with peanut butter." Nothing like a peanut butter sandwich in the morning. Well it wasn't a sandwich, but it was still peanut butter. I tried holding the slices with both of my hooves, but in the I mentally said: "Screw it." and did it like Velvet showed me.

I saw Shining Armor making himself some hot chocolate and asked for some myself. Velvet didn't even stood up from her position, just brought everything routinely to my place, while at the same time taking care of Spike. I managed to actually drink from my cup, because it was easier holding something big with my hooves, although I did spill a bit on my fur.

Things seemed to go a little better from yesterday, I mean Nightlight wasn't giving me "the look" and everyone was just enjoying their meal, when suddenly there was a knock at the door. Everyone stopped what they were doing and looked towards where the entrance was.

"I'll get it." Shining stood up and walked away.

"I wonder who that could be. It's pretty early." Nightlight commented.

"Maybe the princess already send the construction team?" Velvet suggested.

Eeenope. It weren't them. We couldn't hear what Shining Armor was saying, but we could hear a lot more hoofsteps coming back, than would be from one pony. Eeyup, the Sparkle family had a visitor. One that even I was familiar with.

"CADANCE!" Twilight exclaimed, jumping off her chair and running towards the princess.

"Twily!" Cadance, still having her mane made in a ponytail style. And then, it happened.

"Sunshine, sunshine,
ladybugs awake.
Clap your hooves
and do a little shake!"

I had such a hard time not to laugh. What? This dance is just ridiculous.

"And you must be Twivine. Aunt Celestia told me about you." Cadance approached me and honestly, I knew she was a nice pony, but I still looked for signs that showed that the smile was faked. Didn't find anything like it.

"Uh huh."

"I'm Cadance, Twilight's and now your foalsitter."

"I know." Crap, damage control. Immediately. "My...head tells me...it's confusing." I really saw it right in front of me. Me pulling off that dance in some kind of park I have never been too. Great, knowledge wasn't apparently the only thing Twilight put into my head.

"You poor dear." Cadance nuzzled me on the top of my head. "But no matter. Your family, my aunt and me will be there to help you and make your own memories."

"Cadance. What a pleasant surprise." Nightlight got her attention away from me. "Will you be joining us for breakfast?"

"Oh, I wouldn't want to impose, I already had breakfast. She told me what happened at the exam and I promised Twilight we would be doing something special if she passed. But before that," she turned towards me "we have of course to teach your new sister our initiation."

Oh joy.