• Published 11th Jul 2015
  • 2,236 Views, 21 Comments

The Sun's Retribution - Dracosaurian



I am The Hunter. A being Celestia has imprisoned in stone for a thousand years for rebelling against her tyranny. I seek to end her rule and make a better world for all who live in Equestria.

  • ...
5
 21
 2,236

Savior

The sun rose over the land of Equestria bringing a new and happy day for its inhabitants, but in the Canterlot Mines misery reigns throughout the caverns as Changelings, black insectoid like ponies with holes in their legs, fangs and insect wings on their back pick at the crystals and load them onto mine carts on the way to Diamond Dog cities or The Crystal Empire for trade. Pony guards watch them with whips in their hands. A changeling falls down due to exhaustion a few meters away and a guard mercilessly beats it. The other changelings could only stare in fear as one of their own are almost beat to death.

A guard captain says "Throw it in the pit."

Two guards drag it and dump it unceremoniously in the caverns below. The body hits cliffs and ledges as it went deeper and deeper into the mountain. It finally lands on the ground strangely enough on a patch of glowing ferns. A bloody eye struggles to open and sees a statue clad in armor resonating with heat giving the cavern a warm welcome feeling to it and what seemed like a collapsable axe on it’s back. The changeling struggles to crawl towards it in hopes of dying peacefully. It sees an engraving on the pedestal. It says 'To those who fight for justice and the welfare of others speak my name Krieger!'.

"Thank you Krieger for comforting me in my moment of death." the changeling said.

A blue glow encompasses the statue as cracks start appearing over it and it bursts open. Krieger immediately rushes to the changeling's side and opens his bag and brings out a beaker with green fluid. He opens the changeling's mouth and pours the contents down it's throat. The wounds, bruises and bones heal as the changeling opens it's eyes once again.

"What is your name?" he asks.

"My name is Carapace once a guard to the queen, but now a slave to ponies." Carapace answers.

"Tell me how did you come here?"

"I was thrown here for dead by the royal guards. May I ask what are you?"

Krieger takes off his helmet revealing tan skin,navy blue eyes and black spiky hair "I am a human."

The changeling tries to get up, but falls back to the floor.

"First time potion users feel like that every time. I'll carry you out of here.” Krieger said lifting him up on his shoulder.

Krieger then starts to walk throughout the caverns with Carapace on his shoulder for quite sometime, until they hear a crunching sound around the bend in the path ahead. A dinosaur-like creature with a lustrous gold hide, a giant lower jaw, spiral shaped crystals on it’s back and a tar-like substance dripping from it’s belly, an Uragaan.

Carapace almost screamed at the sight of it, but before Krieger could cover his mouth Carapace let out a scream and the Uragaan turned towards them and roared.

“Oh fudge.” Krieger deadpanned.

Krieger ran throughout the cavern trying to outrun the Uragaan, but it followed them. He went into a tunnel and went out another one that somehow led to the same hallway as before. He then ran into another one that was walking outside backwards and the one from earlier doing the same in the adjacent door. The monsters bumped into each other before turning on one another.

He found a crevice in the rocks and jumped in and settled Carapace down on the floor. He pulled out a bottle with yellow liquid and drank it. He immediately felt refreshed and checked if the Uragaan was gone. Once it was clear he settled Carapace on his back and walked out. The Uragaan was in a far corner of the cave munching noisily on crystals, the other stumbling away.

Krieger carefully walked out of the tunnel and turned a corner and saw a light at the end he ran toward it and came out to a cliff overlooking a forest. He then walked down a trail that lead from the cave until it lead into said forest.

“I think I’m ready to walk now.” Carapace said.

Krieger put Carapace down and he got up wobbling a bit, but he managed to stand straight up. They continued on in the forest until they heard what sounded like a wolf howl, but was repeating mid-way. Suddenly Velociraptor-like creatures with orange and purple hides, frill attached to the sides of their heads, small claws on their hands and feet and a tail studded with tiny barbs on the sides, Jaggis.

Followed by larger purple ones with fur on it’s chest and on the bottom of it’s tail, Jaggias. And a giant purple one with fur on it’s tail, a giant sickle middle claw and an orange stripe running down it’s sides the alpha of the pack, a Great Jaggi.

It roared at Krieger and the others charged at him. Carapace flew up to a tree to not get involved in the fight. Krieger drew out his Switch Axe named like that because it can switch to a sword when needed it had a scale crusted handle and the axe blades had a flame color and pattern, The Crimsidian.

The Great Jaggi roared an attack command and the others charged at him. Krieger switched the axe into sword mode and overhead slashed at two Jaggis that jumped at him, effectively cutting them in half. The other Jaggis backed away a bit, but the Great Jaggi ordered them back in. They charged back in and were circling Krieger. Krieger spun around, slashing at the Jaggis and stopped. The Jaggis were just standing still, then all their heads came off at the same time spouting blood on the ground.

The Great Jaggi charged at Krieger and he slashed it’s face breaking it’s frills. It flew to the ground and the Jaggias rushed to protect their alpha. Krieger thrust the sword forward into the body of a Jaggia and thrust it upward, flames coming of the blade and it combusted sending flaming Jaggia body parts everywhere.

The Great Jaggi got back up and stared at what happened. His whole pack wiped out by a single hunter. In defeat the Great Jaggi fled into the woods.

“That’ll teach him to mess with us.” Krieger said.

Carapace flew down from the tree he was in.

“That was amazing!” Carapace said.

“Thanks.”

Once Krieger sheathed his weapon they continued walking down the path.

“Carapace. Do you know if your Queen is still alive?” Krieger asked.

“It’’s possible, but not likely. But if she is she’s probably being kept in the Canterlot dungeons.” Carapace replied.

“We’re going to need an army to rescue her. If she is still alive.” Krieger said “What about other Changelings. Do you know if there are some outside of Canterlot?”

“There are about five other hives out there, but we never interact with them, mostly due to the rivalry between all the queen's.” Carapace explained. “So we're going to have to find another method…”

“Well which one is the hive that has the least conflict with yours?”Krieger asked

“... All of them?” Carapace said, not entirely sure.

Krieger facepalmed.

“Looks like we’re gonna have to make peace with them.” Krieger said.

They continued on walking down the path on the search to look for the other hives.

Comments ( 15 )

i like this :pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy:

I liked the fight sequence. Really well executed. Cannot wait for more!:scootangel:

Comment posted by Dracosaurian deleted May 25th, 2016

it's written a little poorly but i like it. keep up the good work!

6196525
Hmm..so dictator ponies...well Atleast isn't Caribou...

There's nothing more beautiful than a perfectly executed combo with a Switch Axe.

CW Mick Rory:*grabs you by the shoulders*More.

9012391
Last updated 11th Jul 2015. I don't think they'll be more, boyo.

9212031
Well the guy better make more. We all know how Mick gets when he's pissed. He starts burning down the place.

9212973
Everyone has a life though, if it's preventing him or her from updating or getting any form of inspiration/writing muse/interest/ideas, then there's really nothing you can do.

9213561

you do can

You need to work on your grammar.

9213943
It's called a typo, look it up. You might learn something.

9213966
I know what a typo is, I saw it's horrifying power in that Home episode on Netflix.

Login or register to comment