• Published 12th Jul 2015
  • 8,223 Views, 73 Comments

Six Months - elmago02



Six months of being together, and suddenly, everything is ruined.

  • ...
9
 73
 8,223

Crazy, but Cute

Sunset walked hastily up the streets. The sun at the horizon was setting down. She wasn’t paying much attention to her surroundings as she was deep in thought, she hadn’t even bothered to leave her backpack at her house. She had kissed some guy and Fluttershy had seen her? How could that be? She had been busy the whole day. The mere thought of her kissing someone who wasn’t Fluttershy was absurd, impossible… And yet, highly possible.

After Twilight’s second trip to this world, Sunset had kept in contact with the princess through the magic journal. Twilight talked about her adventures with the pony counterparts of the girls.

This was a thought that had crossed Sunset’s mind some months prior. If there were counterparts for each of her friends, for each of the people she had met in this world, then there was counterpart of her… or more accurately, she was the counter to this world’s Sunset.

She had to explain this to the others. She had to explain this to Fluttershy. She couldn’t just leave her girlfriend to believe she had been unfaithful. She was going to fix this right now, that’s why she was heading to Fluttershy’s home.

Turning the corner, Sunset saw Fluttershy’s home and picked up her pace. “Fluttershy!” Sunset called, looking at the left window of the second floor, hoping that Fluttershy’ face would show up. After a few minutes, Sunset’s called her girlfriends name once more as she rang the bell, but again, there was no answer.

‘She isn’t home.’ Sunset thought, but a small part of her was saying that maybe Fluttershy was at home, she just didn’t want to see her. What if Fluttershy was angry at her and decided that she wanted to break up? The mere thought of that happening… it scared her.

Sunset shook her head. She shouldn’t think like this. She had to be positive, if she could just talk to Fluttershy, she could explain this… theory of her. Maybe it would be a bit hard to believe, especially because she didn’t have any kind of proof to back her up, but Fluttershy would surely believe her… right?

Talking with Fluttershy was impossible as she wasn’t at home and didn’t answer her calls. So what was the plan now? Go around the city looking for this world's Sunset Shimmer? That wasn’t a good plan. She had no idea where to start looking for her.

Rainbow mentioned the bus stop that was two streets down from the mall. Maybe if she… No, still impossible to track Sunset. Three different busses stopped in that place, and their routes covered about eighty percent of the city.

She would just have to wait for Fluttershy to talk to her.

Sunset pulled her phone and wrote a quick message.

Fluttershy, Rainbow told me what you saw this afternoon. It’s not what you think it is. I have an explanation. Please, talk to me, I’m right in front of your house.

I love you.

Hopefully Fluttershy would see the message and would return home quickly… or open the door in case she was inside. Whichever happened first was good for her.

She grunted and covered her left eye. It hurt, but it was a bearable pain, nothing to worry about. She would have a talk with Rainbow when all this misunderstanding got sorted out.


This little walk of hers hadn’t helped at all. After her friends had left, Fluttershy had decided to go out to take some fresh air and sort her thoughts and feelings.

She really tried to follow Rarity’s advice on not thinking too hard on this, but she hadn’t. She had thought of a bad scenario where Sunset had just grown bored of her, followed by an even worse where Sunset had never really loved her.

Earlier, when she got Sunset’s message, she had thought that maybe there was a good explanation to everything, but she quickly dismissed it. Sunset was probably lying.

She sighed.

Fluttershy’s path was illuminated by the yellow light of the streetlights. She had walked aimlessly for a while now. She finally decided to look around her to make sure she hadn’t wandered to some unknown, scary place.

She couldn’t believe herself. How had her legs brought her to the White Tails park? The place where her first date with Sunset had started. Just as in her room, she didn’t want to be there, she wanted to be as far away as possible from anything that made her think of Sunset right now… But she was tired of walking aimlessly.

Sunset was probably still waiting for her at her home, like the message said, so maybe killing some time here would be the best. The fountain at the center of the park caught her attention. She just stood in front of it, looking at it but not really paying attention to it as her mind was in another place.

She thought about what she had seen earlier. What had happened with her Sunset? The actions of the girl today had been completely… wrong, Sunset wouldn’t cheat on her ever! Or so she had thought.

Loyalty, it is an important part for any kind of friendship, and even more important for a relationship. Sunset had showed that day that she lacked it, and now, after reading the message, it was obvious that she also lacked honesty.

Tears formed in her eyes.

Had Sunset always been like this? Had she lied from the beginning?

Her phone rang, interrupting her thoughts. She slowly reached for it as she wiped the tears away and tried to calm herself. Was it a call from Sunset? She still wasn’t ready to talk to her.

Fluttershy let out a sigh as she saw Pinkie’s name on the screen. “Pinkie?” Fluttershy answered.

Hey, Shy. I just wanted to know if… if you maybe need some company? I know you said earlier that you wanted to be alone, but that was in the past and now is the present so if you need anything…

Fluttershy smiled. Pinkie being a good friend like always, thinking of the happiness of the other. “Thanks Pinkie, but I’m... fine.” That wasn’t true, but she just wanted to be alone.

Pinkie was silent for a few seconds. “Okie-dokie. Remember, if you need anything just call me.

“I’ll keep it in mind.”

The call ended, allowing Fluttershy to go back to her thoughts, but not for long. The phone rang a second time. Looking at the screen, Fluttershy saw that it was Pinkie again. She answered.

Hey, ‘Shy, it’s me again.

“I know, Pinkie, what is it?”

Well, After I got back home I started to bake all the things I promised you, and I was going to tell you about that but I forgot so I decided to call again and see if you were hungry. I made your favorites, and my favorites… and Gummy’s favorites, but he already ate those so nevermind.

Now that Fluttershy thought about it, she hadn’t eaten anything since lunch, but with what she was going through, she didn’t feel like eating anything. “Save them for another day, Pinkie. I… I already ate.”

Oh, alright. Then I’ll bring you some tomorrow, that’s if Gummy doesn’t eat them first.

“Sure. Thank you, Pinkie.”

No problemo!” Pinkie hung up.

Fluttershy could now go back to her-

Fluttershy sighed as her phone rang for the third time. She quickly answered it. “Yes, Pi-”

Fluttershy?!

Fluttershy’s heart dropped and her eyes widened. This was Sunset’s voice. She hadn’t bothered to check the screen.

Fluttershy, are you there? Fluttershy?

Fluttershy was frozen, with her phone pressed against her ear, not knowing what to say. “I…”

Fluttershy, please, listen to me! I can explain everything, I swear! I didn’t kiss anyone this afternoon!

Fluttershy remained silent.

Fluttershy, It’s not what you think. It wasn’t me. This might sound crazy but I think it was-

“D-don’t lie to me.”

No, Fluttershy, just let me explain! It-

Tears formed on her eyes. “I don’t want to hear your lies! How can you say it wasn’t you? I saw you! I saw you cheating on me!”

Sunset was silent for a few seconds. “Fluttershy, you have to believe me, it wasn’t me. I would never-

“If you are just going to lie and lie, then I don’t want to talk to you ever again, we are done!"

“No, Fluttershy! Just-”

She hung her phone, not wanting to hear more lies. Her tears now running freely down her face, falling to the edge of the fountain.

She stood there, looking at the phone on her hand, trying to process what had just happened. She had broken up with Sunset?

Yes.

She hadn’t planned to do it. It just… happened.

Fluttershy cried. It was over, all the happiness she had felt for almost six months. Why had this happened? Wasn’t Sunset the one? The most fantastic girl there was? Fluttershy had thought so, but Sunset had turned out to be-

“Are you alright?” Someone asked as they placed a hand on the weeping girl's shoulder.

Fluttershy jumped in surprise as she let out a quiet ‘eep’. Her grip on the phone loosened, causing it to fall in the fountain.

“Oh! Sorry, sorry, I didn’t mean to startle you.” The person said, waiting for some kind of response from the girl, but as soon as she realized Fluttershy wasn't grabbing her phone she reached in and got it herself. “Here I came to see if I could help you somehow and end up only causing you more problems.”

Fluttershy remained still, looking with wide open eyes at the girl in front of her.

The girl awkwardly tried to dry the phone with her dress. “I wouldn’t try to use it until it’s completely dried up inside.” She said before offering the phone to Fluttershy, who slowly reached for it. “I’m sorry, well, not for the phone. No, I mean, I’m also sorry for the phone, but I meant that I’m sorry about what happened when you were talking on the phone.”

Fluttershy just kept looking at the girl’s face, not saying a word.

“I-I didn’t mean to eavesdrop, I was just sitting over there while I waited for my boyfriend, and I just kind of heard you talking.” The girl said with an awkward smile. “I know it must be weird for a complete stranger to come and comfort you after what happened. But, well, if I was me the one who had just broken up with my boyfriend, I would certainly want to for someone to comfort me… preferably not a stranger… like me.” The girl facepalmed.

“I’m not a weirdo, I swear. I just want to offer you some help right now, because it seems like you really need someone, but I’ll leave you alone if you want.”

Fluttershy was in some kind of a daze. Her mind was trying to process what she was looking at, trying to process what she was hearing. It just… This was just impossible. How could she be here? She blinked twice before finally looking away from the girl’s face.

It wasn’t me.

“Y-you are…” ‘You are not supposed to be here.’ Is what Fluttershy wanted to say, but the words wouldn’t come out.

“I’m sorry, I haven’t introduced myself. I’m Sunset Shimmer.”

Why, why was she acting like she didn’t know her? Fluttershy looked down. Why was Sunset wearing a dress? Sunset didn’t even own a dress. Why was Sunset wearing sandals? She hated using those, she always wore boots.

It wasn’t me.

Sunset was trying to deceive her, right? It was just… It was just…

“Umm, and you are…” Sunset asked.

Fluttershy’s mouth opened and closed until finally. “You… You know who I am.” Fluttershy focused her gaze on Sunset’s eye, trying to see if she could catch even the slightest sign of being deceived.

“I do?” The girl brought a finger to her chin and lifted her right eyebrow while keeping the other in place.“I’m sorry but I really don’t remember meeting you before.” Her eyes never left Fluttershy’s face as they continued to examine the girl.

It wasn’t me.

Fluttershy stood up and ran away.

“Hey, wait.” Sunset called but Fluttershy had already gotten away. ‘That was... weird. Really, really weird.’

“Sunset, I got the tickets for the movie.” A new voice, a masculine one said. A tall and muscular young man arrived to the center of the park with two tickets on his hand. “What’s wrong, honey?” He asked when he saw the girl looking in the opposite direction.

“There was a girl that…” Sunset shook her head. “No, nothing.” She said with a grin as she got closer to the guy and wrapped her hands around his arm. “So, which movie are we watching. I hope it isn’t one of those cheesy romances.”

The couple began walking towards the movie theater. “Nah, nothing romantic, but I won’t tell you what it’s about, I want it to be a surprise.”

Sunset rolled her eyes. “Whatever.”

“So, a girl.” The guy started. “Was she hot?” Sunset glared at him before punching him on the arm. “Ouch.” He said with a faint chuckle.

Sunset turned her eyes to the front. “She was cute. A bit crazy, but cute.”

Author's Note:

Yay, update!
Final chapter will be added later today or tomorrow.