• Published 12th Jul 2015
  • 8,267 Views, 73 Comments

Six Months - elmago02



Six months of being together, and suddenly, everything is ruined.

  • ...
9
 73
 8,267

Sucker Punch

It hurt…

This wasn’t real, it just couldn’t be real…

Sunset… Her Sunset… She was...

It hurt so much. The image of Sunset Shimmer kissing someone else… It felt like her heart was being punctured by a hundred needles. Fluttershy had never felt this much pain before. She wanted it to stop. She wanted this pain to stop. She wanted for all of this to be a lie, for all of this to be some nightmare. She just wanted this to be whatever it could be except for reality. One hand covered her face and the other grabbed the fabric that covered the left side of her chest.

Everyone felt so useless, seeing Fluttershy sobbing and crying.

“Darling…” Rarity trailed off as she had no idea what to say, her mind just couldn’t come up with anything to say to comfort Fluttershy. She just knew that her friend was suffering, and she had to do something. Rarity hugged her, that’s the only thing that came to her mind.

Rainbow clenched her jaw. Anger coursed through her whole body, her hands balled into fists. How could she? How could she do that? They were happy together, right? They loved each other, right? Wasn’t... Wasn’t Fluttershy enough for Sunset?

That bitch.

If Rainbow hadn’t been stunned by what he had seen, she would have chased that bus, boarded it and demand some answers from that demon. But she couldn’t, there was no way she could reach that bus now.

“We… we should take Fluttershy to her home.” Pinkie Pie said in an unusually quiet voice, her hair slightly deflated. She knelt down and with Rarity’s assistance, helped Fluttershy stand up.

The girls began their slow walk towards Fluttershy’s house. They remained quiet, mostly. The only sound was the occasional sob from Fluttershy followed by one of Pinkie’s promises to bake Fluttershy one of her favorite pastries.

Step, sob, promise. Step, sob, promise. Step, sob, promise. Step, sob-

That was it. Rainbow couldn’t take it anymore. Hearing her oldest friend's sobs was driving her crazy. She had to do something now.

Rainbow stopped walking. “You guys go ahead. I have something to do.” She turned around to leave but a hand on her shoulder stopped her.

“There will be time for that later.” Applejack said.

Rainbow brushed Applejack’s hand off. “I can’t just stay here. I have to find that-”

“Ya aren’t just stayin’ here. Fluttershy is hurtin’, she needs her friends. There’ll be time to talk to Sunset later.” Applejack said with a look that said there was no room for discussion.

Rainbow closed her eyes and breathed deeply as she tried to calm her anger. Applejack was right, being with Fluttershy right now was more important. She opened her eyes and nodded at her friend, both of them walking behind Rarity, Pinkie and Fluttershy.

After a walk of twenty minutes, the girls finally reached Fluttershy’s home. The house was mostly empty, Fluttershy’s parents had gone on a one week trip for their anniversary. They moved to Fluttershy’s bedroom, the place where the girl would feel more at ease.

“Darling,” Rarity said as Fluttershy sat on her bed. The crying had stopped but the girl was still a complete emotional wreck. “Would you like some tea? I could go prepare you some.”

Fluttershy looked at Rarity and nodded, she was about to stand but the fashionista stopped her. “No, no darling, there’s no need for you to stand. I know where the kettle and the tea is. I’ll be back in a moment.” Rarity left the room.

“Fluttershy…” Pinkie started. She wanted to make her friend feel better, seeing her like this was horrible, but she knew that her usual tactics of parties and games weren’t an option here. ‘Think, Pinkie, think. Say something to make Fluttershy feel better… or just say something that will make her think of something different.’

“I haven’t told you about this time I left Gummy alone in the house. He somehow managed to get into Maud’s room and ate Boulder, Maud’s pet. Maud was so sad, and I didn’t bake Gummy a single of his favorite pies for that week. It turned out that Gummy hadn’t ate Boulder, I mean, it’s impossible for Gummy to eat a rock. The thing was that only Gummy had pushed Boulder behind the Desk. So as an apology to Gummy for-"

Fluttershy’s cellphone rang, interrupting Pinkie’s story.

Fluttershy grabbed her cellphone and looked at it, she just let it ring.

“Uhm, Fluttershy, aren’t you going to answer that?” Pinkie asked her.

“I’m… I’m afraid...” Fluttershy placed the phone on the bed.

Rainbow leaned forward to look at the name displayed on the screen. Sunny. Her anger returned. The phone stopped ringing for a few seconds, then rang again.

“Afraid?” Pinkie asked.

“It’s… I’m afraid of t-talking to her.” Some fresh tears gathered on Fluttershy’s eyes. “If I hear her voice I’m going to sta-start crying, and she’ll ask why… It will either end in her telling me that she loves so-someone else or she will lie to me…”

“Fluttershy, are ya goin’ ta pretend this never happened? Ya can’t do that, ya’ve ta talk with her.” The phone stopped ringing.

“I know, Applejack, but I just… I-”

“She doesn’t deserve you, that bitch.”

“Rainbow Dash!” Applejack exclaimed.

“It’s the truth! She’s better without her! We all are better without her! We never should have given her that second chance! I bet she was just using Fluttershy!”

“Rainbow!” Applejack said with a look that was screaming to shut the hell up. She wasn’t defending Sunset. Applejack actually, more or less, shared Rainbow’s thoughts, but this wasn’t the time to say it.

Applejack looked at the bed where her friend lay with her face buried in the pillow to muffle her pained cries. “Sugarcube, sorry about that, if there’s-”

“P-please, just…” Fluttershy said, lifting her head “I’m s-sorry, but I w-want to be alone.”

“Ya sure, sugarcube?” A little nod was Applejack’s answer. She sighed. “Alright, then we’ll leave now. If ya need somethin’, just call any of us.” Applejack stood and walked to Fluttershy, placing one hand on her shoulder. “We’ll be here for ya.”

Applejack walked to the door and almost crashed with Rarity who was carrying a tray with five tea cups and a kettle.

“Whoa, sorry there.”Applejack said as she walked past the fashionista.

“Where are you going, Applejack?” Rarity asked as she got out of the kitchen while carrying a tray with a kettle and five tea cups.

“Fluttershy needs some time alone. We’re leavin’.”

“But I just finished preparing the tea, it’s chamomile!” Rarity said a she lifted the tray for everyone to see.

“It will be tea for one. Just put it on the night table.” Rainbow said as she walked after Applejack. “Let’s go, Pinkie!”

Pinkie looked sadly at Fluttershy. “Everything will turn out fine.” With that, Pinkie ran out.

“Darling,” Rarity said from the door. “If you aren’t feeling up to it, the girls and I could talk to Sunset first?”

“No, I… T-thank you, Rarity, but… I’m the one that has to talk to her. I just n-need some time to think, to clear my mind. Tomorrow I… I’ll talk to her.”

“Alright. Take your time,darling, but don’t overthink this, It will only cause you more pain.” Fluttershy said nothing. “I will come visit you tomorrow.” Rarity placed the tray where Rainbow Dash had told her. With her hands now free, she turned to Fluttershy and took her hands and squeezed them. “Be strong.”

The door closed behind Rarity, leaving Fluttershy alone as she wished. She grabbed the kettle and served herself some tea.

Her hands trembled as she brought the tea to her lips. The tea was good, but it didn’t help her with her feelings. Actually, nothing in her room helped her with her feelings. She didn’t felt at ease. Everything in this place just remembered her of Sunset.

This bed… here had been her first time… the one she had given to the person she loved the most… the person that was out there kissing someone else...

The tears just wouldn’t stop.

She had to take some fresh air.


“Ah thought we agreed to let Fluttershy fix this thing with Sunset. To let her talk first.”

“Then what are you doing here, Applejack?”

Applejack sighed. “Ah knew ya would be here, Rainbow Dash.”

“And here is where I’m staying until I have some words with her, so don’t even bother in convincing me to leave.”

“Ah wasn’t here ta convince ya of anythin’. Ah would also like ta hear what Sunset has to say.”

Both girls waited for almost an hour until they saw the flame haired girl approaching the entrance to her home.

“Shimmer!” Rainbow called to the distracted girl that had been looking at her cellphone and hadn’t noticed them.

“Huh? Oh! Hi, Rainbow, Applejack. What are you doing here?”

“We were waiting for you. Where were you this afternoon?”

“Oh, didn’t Fluttershy tell you? Sorry for not going out with all of you today, I was busy this afternoon. I had to go to the other side of the town.”

Rainbow narrowed her eyes. “Shimmer, Where were you this afternoon?”

Sunset frowned. “I just told you, I had to go to the other side of the town because I had to tutor-”

“Shimmer!” Rainbow shouted, surprising Sunset. “Let me help you a little bit, because I think you forgot. This afternoon. Two streets down Crystal Mall. At the bus stop of the 4th street. Does that place ring any bells to you?”

Sunset cocked her head to the side. “Ummm, no? What are you talking about?”

Rainbow was slowly losing her temper while Applejack just looked at the two of them with a frown. “That’s strike two, Shimmer.”

“Why do you keep calling me by my la-”

“Who was that tall guy we saw you with?”

Sunset was starting to get annoyed. “What are you talking about? What guy? Is this some kind of prank, because I don’t think it’s funny.”

“We didn’t find your little stunt of this afternoon funny either.” Rainbow said, getting face to face with Sunset, looking her right in the eyes.

“Rainbow Dash, today has been a really long day, if you don’t have anything important to say then just step aside.” Sunset walked past Rainbow, but before she could get far, a hand pulled her by her shoulder.

“Why did you cheat on Fluttershy?”

“What?!” Sunset swept the hand away from her shoulder and turned around with an incredulous expression.

“Why. Did. You. Cheat?!” Rainbow repeated, punctuating each word.

“What stupid thing are you saying?! I would never-”

“Don’t even try that with me!” Rainbow poked unset on the chest. “We saw you, all of us saw you!” Another poke. “Fluttershy saw you kissing that guy!” Rainbow didn’t poke her this time, she just clenched her fist. “You broke her heart, and all I want to hear is why you did it? Remember, this is your last chance.”

Sunset stood stunned. They had seen her this afternoon, kissing some guy. Fluttershy had seen it. Was that why Fluttershy hadn’t answered her calls? She had been trying to contact her the whole afternoon.

‘You broke her heart.’ Sunset repeated the words in her mind. She felt a pang in her chest. Just the mental image of Fluttershy crying for something she believed Sunset had done. Fluttershy was right now, heart broken, believing that Sunset had been unfaithful. She hated the mere thought.

Whatever had happened this afternoon, she had to fix this now. “I didn’t chea-”

Rainbow’s fist connected with Sunset’s eye and the flame haired girl fell backwards.

“You think that I’m fucking stupid?!” Rainbow shouted furiously. “Stop trying to deny it! Why do you even try to deny it! You are only making things worse for you! Do you think you can just pretend it never happened?! Do you think you can just go with Fluttershy and pretend everything is fine?! What the fuck is wrong with you?! Why did you do that to Fluttershy?! ” Rainbow lifted her fist again, and Sunset braced herself, but the hit never came.

Applejack had had enough of being just an spectator. “Stop, Rainbow.” She said as she held Rainbow’s arm. “I think that’s enough for today. It’s obvious we won’t get anything done here.”

Rainbow glared at Applejack. She pulled her arm away from her friend’s grasp and walked away.

“A-Applejack, I-”

“Ah don’t want ta talk.” Applejack interrupted. Sunset noticed how Applejack’s fist trembled. “Ah’m really disappointed in ya, Sunset. All of us are. Ah came here, thinkin’ that ya might have somewhat of an explanation to yer actions. But if ya can’t be honest about it, then there’s nothin’ ta do. Just don’t hurt Fluttershy anymore than ya already have.” Applejack tipped her hat and left.

“It wasn’t me.” Sunset whispered, but there was no one to hear it.

Author's Note:

There is something I forgot to mention in the previous AN, this will be actually a really short story. This story is just an idea I wanted to write before writing the real sequel to A Chance.

I appreciate most comments/critics. (Don't be harsh. :fluttercry: )