• Published 11th Jul 2015
  • 3,756 Views, 134 Comments

Homeworld Conflict - Lily Lain



After a galaxy-encompassing journey, for which over three hundred million of us gave their lives, having laid a mighty galactic empire to ruin, we are home. But we are not the only ones who wish to thrive here.

  • ...
20
 134
 3,756

Elements

A Probe sent directly over Canterlot to support the communications array set up in the castle focused its glass eye on Celestia’s chambers and listened. Unfortunately, its position didn’t allow to see what transpired inside.

“... concerning these aliens?” asked a feminine voice, slightly higher than Celestia’s.

“Yes. We have returned from the meeting and called for you as fast as possible,” answered a voice that most certainly belonged to Luna.

“But why talk here and not in the throne room?” asked the unknown voice.

We presume this is Twilight Sparkle, Celestia’s student.
We are not yet aware of her threat level.

“They have this contraption from Tartarus set up near the throne room,” Luna said. “We can’t trust them not listening in.”

Hidden intent detected.
Awaiting outcome.

“You see, Twilight, we must have the Elements ready in case of emergency. Because of our lack of choice in the matter, we have agreed to house their units within our country,” said the voice that without a doubt belonged to Celestia.

“No choice my flank!” countered Luna. “We simply needed to say no, that’s all. We are fine with defending ourselves.”

“That would show our distrust toward them. I have severe doubts if we could afford not being their supposed friends. What happens if they turn against us?”

The third voice fell silent as the pair argued.

“What happens? We use the Elements, that’s what happens. Now they’ll be able to have us at their every whim, and that’s because of the terms we’ve agreed to.”

“You must understand, Luna, that war is not a solution. We can’t oppose them in any way beyond using the Elements of Harmony. We aren’t sure how they’ll work this time. It’s a very delicate matter. What if their intentions are actually genuine, and we end up forcefully scattering them across the galaxy?”

“We’re risking much. Far too much,” said Luna quietly.

“I believe you understand the situation, Twilight,” Celestia’s voice addressed the third person.

Assumptions confirmed, this is Twilight Sparkle, Celestia’s student.

“While I don’t want you to raise panic, I’d rather you and your friends to wear the Elements at all times and to be ready to come here at a moment’s notice. Cancel all further trips across Equestria. All incurred costs will be refunded from the royal treasury.”

“Of course, Princess Celestia. We will do our best,” Twilight answered bravely.

Sounds of hooves clopping away reached the microphones afterward.

Drawn conclusions:

– The Elements of Harmony (also referred to as the “Elements”) are presumably a magical artefact of immense power, but unsure outcome of using. As opposed to the other Elements the Princesses have named before that the species posses.

– Twilight Sparkle is the supposed owner or user of these Elements, we are unsure of why the Princesses can’t use it. Perhaps because the Elements have some specific coding that allows only for certain Equines to wield them.

– Both of the Princesses are distrustful of our motives, but are aware that the Elements are their only way of countering our technology.

We must invigilate Twilight Sparkle while making sure that the Equines are not aware of our knowledge.

“Send in Cloaked Fighters after her and keep one over her permanent habitat,” ordered Fleet Command.

Cloaked Fighters launched.
Tracing.

Twilight Sparkle’s permanent habitat is located within the village geographically marked as “Ponyville.”

“Monitor her movements. Try to determine whether she is the only one using the Elements. There is a possibility of more than one vessel required for the Elements’ activation. Do not reveal yourself under any circumstances other than the danger of her or you dying. Do not let harm come to her.”

“Group eight reporting. Understood the order. Evasive tactics on. Full power to the engines. Moving to target.”